Breaking News: Kim Jong Il is dead! (so ronery up in heaven)

At least he isnt going to start WW3....Hoping China takes over.Hopefully a high ranking general protests a small war ensues, a couple thousand Korean/Chinese people die and then China takes control of the country.A couple years later the NK will revolt and a couple more thousands die, China leaves and evetything is fine.All while the U.S stays out of it.

That is my dream scenario.

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
At least he isnt going to start WW3....Hoping China takes over.Hopefully a high ranking general protests a small war ensues, a couple thousand Korean/Chinese people die and then China takes control of the country.A couple years later the NK will revolt and a couple more thousands die, China leaves and evetything is fine.All while the U.S stays out of it.

That is my dream scenario.
A couple of thousands of people dying is my dream scenario!

lol

ok tbh what's probably gonna happen

a)nothing happens and nobody cares
b)nk goes crazy and tries to attack someone then promptly gets defeated by every other nation barring china because lol
c)nk collapses because it gets poor and china doesn't care enough to support it

I'm predicting World War 3. America, South Korea, and every other NATO country against North Korea, Russia and China.

I'm predicting World War 3. America, South Korea, and every other NATO country against North Korea, Russia and China.
Why would Russia get involved?Yeah, they will march to their death for absolutely no reason.They will not get involved.They know a fight with the U.S is a death sentence.China and NK are pretty much alone.

And really, America can take both countries at once, no need for anyone else to get involved.As long as the target is total destruction(unlike Iraq/Afgh) and an actual war, the U.S will have no trouble killing pretty much everyone in both of those countries...but sadly that wont happen..or at least not for another 30-50 years.

China and the U.S will fight eachother eventually, but not over this.

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Why would Russia get involved?Yeah, they will march to their death for absolutely no reason.They will not get involved.They know a fight with the U.S is a death sentence.China and NK are pretty much alone.

And really, America can take both countries at once, no need for anyone else to get involved.As long as the target is total destruction(unlike Iraq/Afgh) and an actual war, the U.S will have no trouble killing pretty much everyone in both of those countries...but sadly that wont happen..or at least not for at another 30-50 years.

A couple of millions of people dying is now my dream scenario!

Open Racist with a capital R! (in real life only! .. ?)

And really, America can take both countries at once, no need for anyone else to get involved.As long as the target is total destruction(unlike Iraq/Afgh) and an actual war, the U.S will have no trouble killing pretty much everyone in both of those countries...but sadly that wont happen..or at least not for another 30-50 years.

I wouldn't get so cocky, the U.S. is strong but China and North Korea are definitely nothing to laugh about. And I don't see America killing about 1.5 billion people...

As a half korean (on my mother's side) this does give me some optimism that hopefully there will be a unified korea once again. Or worst case scenario, the status quo continues, but instead of an old short crazy midget, they're dealing with a young, maybe crazed son of a midget as his youngest son is apparently his designated heir. Or perhaps civil war will finally break out in north korea (as obviously not everyone there is a happy peasant) and that'll lead to a reunion of north and south.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus

Chances are, China and the U.S. will not engage in combat. Both are heavily dependent on the economic relationship they share. The only real way to get China to start a war is threat of economic starvation.

Also, most smart countries have a tendency to not attack countries with nuclear weapons. If you lose the fight, you lose, if you win, some general gets desperate and takes things into his own hands.

Your overestimating our troop capabilities. If China goes to war, its not a matter of our entire army verse their entire army, its a matter of us not being able to get the tanks stored in Berlin through Russia and into China in time to delay the biggest army in the world as long as possible. Even if we go as far as to say that one U.S. tank is the equivalent of 10 Chinese tanks (overexaggeration) we'd still be heavily outnumbered.

I wouldn't get so cocky, the U.S. is strong but China and North Korea are definitely nothing to laugh about. And I don't see America killing about 1.5 billion people...
If the mission is "kill everybody", then the U.S would easily win.Nuclear bombs aside, if the U.S attacked without morals or any reservations than these two countries really couldnt do much just because of how massive the U.S military is.Sure, they have more people in the military now, but they are outclassed by pretty much anything else.

I also never said that the U.S would win, all i said was that the U.S could very easily wipe out both countries in a couple of hours...with the use of NB, which of course might also mean the U.S destruction as well.I say might because China isnt at the same level of Russia and their bomb delivering capabilities.Or at least in the U.Ss level.

Again, a moral-less all out war wont happen.

Personally (besides wondering why the hell everyone thinks this going to lead to war), I think China's been tired of North Korea for a while, yeah they're another communist country, but it's not like they haven't done things to be a pain in their sides. Only reason they'd probably get involved in any fight would be due to the close proximity I'd think...

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
i still don't understand why the death of north korea's leader means someone has to go to war

is that the only way people can feasibly move forward in their political endeavors, really??

If the mission is "kill everybody", then the U.S would easily win.Nuclear bombs aside, if the U.S attacked without morals or any reservations than these two countries really couldnt do much just because of how massive the U.S military is.Sure, they have more people in the military now, but they are outclassed by pretty much anything else
It's more complicated than that. The US military aren't as big as they are expensive. China has a much bigger army, and India has a ridiculous navy (like, seriously, the Indian navy). The only way the US is better is with training and technology.

But if, as you say, the goal is to kill everyone then simply firing numerous nuclear weapons and razing the landmass, the US can "win", but so can Russia or whatever too. And in the blow-everything-up-lol-bombs-fall-everyone-dies, it's not really "winning" since the likelihood is life on Earth is not likely to last much longer after that.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
His son was reportedly behind the shelling of South Korea a while back. Reports vary, from batshit crazy, to a bit more levelheaded than his father. However, with the dearth of information from the inside power structure of the North Korean government there's no way of knowing.

Know this: the centralisation of North Korea's government just blew wide open. There's a good possibility of a general to initiate a coup; a way for his son to assert power might be to take control of the military immediately and do something drastic, including the attack on South Korea. South Korea's capital, Seoul, is within shelling range of the DMZ, and especially with their military power, North Korea can seriously do some damage, costing many lives.

China also comes into play here; it is in their best interest that North Korea doesn't start starting wars. Chinese diplomats have probably been dispatched immediately to grasp control of the situation. Furthermore, the eldest brother is in custody in China; in order to install a more "China-friendly" government, it's possible that they may try to intercede and put the eldest in the position of power.

On the subject of reunification, North Korea's GDP is about 20x lower than South Korea's; the damage it'll do to South Korea's economy will be disastrous if there's a reunification. The best thing would be to slowly open the borders for humanitarian aid to go in, and for North Korea's economy to build itself up. It'll take about a generation or two for a complete reunification in my opinion, but this is the step South Korea's going to have to take in order to not completely screw over its denizens during the reunification process (although more hardliners will push for a quicker reunification).

@some hero: Are you batshit crazy? You want the US to go in without reservation and start another war to boot in Asia, while managing to completely fuck over millions of people in North Korea trapped in an oppressive regime? Not only will this garner more ill will (heh as if America can get an even worse reputation), it'll be a humanitarian disaster.

I'd also like to extend a huge FUCK YOU to some hero, since clearly allowing China to take over an ethnic group shared by the South is the best idea. Do you honestly fucking think China would want to give back North Korea after annexation, or it's about good will?

Edit: Jesus, reading through this thread, it's clear that some have no fucking clue what they're talking about.

Probably not but who knows. All it takes is a complete nutcase such as yourself holding the reins.
Don't worry, believe it or not im a democrat and i hate and oppose the U.S getting into any kind of conglict.But thats only because i love America and her soldiers way too much.I actually get all happy insde at the thought of a bunch of Chinese/NKs/Radical Muslims getting killed.

i still don't understand why the death of north korea's leader means someone has to go to war

is that the only way people can feasibly move forward in their political endeavors, really??
In a country like the U.S or Canada no.But in a country as messed up as NK yeah.The only way that country can move foward is trough war and/or the death of quite a few people.Thats how screwed up that country is.

Theirs no way those old guys and that new guy will move foward after almost 60 years of one way of thinking/doing.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
In a country like the U.S or Canada no.But in a country as messed up as NK yeah. The only way that country can move foward is trough war and/or the death of quite a few people. Thats how screwed up that country is.
Throwing aside the blatant racism, I'm not sure if you realize that war is quite possibly the most damaging thing North Korea could do to itself right now. Unless their leadership is completely batshit insane (a possibility), they don't have the resources for a sustained assault. Their country is dirt poor outside of the extremely wealthy top government.

Eraddd hit the nail on the head when he mentioned China; the Chinese don't want war to happen. China needs to stay neutral in this because they can't afford to fuck up their trade relationship with America.

Anyway back to your bolded point: war is never a good answer to any political movement except in the extreme cases when you have a crazy government attacking at random. War drains resources extremely quickly, both human resources and capital.

China doesn't want to declare war, because what do they have to gain? They have a very prosperous trade relationship with the US, and are in (somewhat) decent standing with the UN. South Korea doesn't want to go to war because as much as NK keeps taking small pot-shots every few years, they know its all bark and no bite. NK shouldn't want war, because even though their military is large, they know they can't fend off a combined assault of some combination of China/Russia/South Korea/UN forces. They will easily get decimated and they know it.

What will probably happen is that someone will take power, and they will make a small action to know they're in power (something like firing a test missile or the like). What happens after that depends on who the new leader is (China-backed big bro, Kim Jong-Un, military coup), but all out war is not the answer to any of their problems. If the new leader was smart, they would milk billions in humanitarian aid by playing nice for a decade of so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)