Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'd help with this! Spawn looks kind of poopy but that's to be expected since you're comparing it to LSB, which took a long time to develop.

It's open for discussion; I'm not a great architect. I would a have a massive tower reaching into the heavens but that's my solution for everything (and also isn't that useful for storing commonly used facilities in).

I was thinking that, just like with the previous map, people would be free to draw blueprints/do mockups in creative and we would give feedback and eventually decide.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I would rather not build a new spawn centre right in a swamp, I would be for the area at the top of the picture though.

Tall towers are always a pain to climb up and down, so maybe we can split it up between a few buildings? More of a loose cluster of buildings and then people can do stuff with the outskirts of the cluster as they see fit.

All for this. But if we were to build a spawn there, what would it be like? I mean, I was thinking it could be like those asian temples with the cool tile roofs and whatnot. Sort of like this:

This would be the entrance for spawn. You would be swimming and then find this. Next, you could go onto land and run into this:

And on the inside we could have a nice and open space like in the last spawn we had.

This is just a suggestion for a cool spawn idea that I had. Anybody else think that this would be cool?

I would rather not build a new spawn centre right in a swamp, I would be for the area at the top of the picture though.
all the ill aesthetic effects of a swamp biome can be counteracted by designing the spawn without grass, oak trees or water - which could be pretty sexy. i'm thinking hulking stone buildings highlighted with red wool, and strategically placed lava flows for lighting. instead of avoiding building in swamps, i think we could use those limitations as an impetus to get creative.

i, of course, am in full support of this notion.

It's mist, not my computer being shitty

This is Samudra Phula, the Sea Flower Tower. This is my home in Lotus Village. I live in the bottommost part of the tower, where I can look out at people going by.

We have a farm for your everyday usage, built right on the sea.

...which is saltwater, come to think of it, but it works...

Here's the communal forge. I tried to model it after a Japanese-style blacksmith.

There is also a massive abandoned mineshaft beneath Lotus Village that is open for your exploration. I've found two monster spawners so far, and there may be more! I'm also working on a tree farm, a rail track from spawn, and possibly a Nether shortcut.

You're welcome to come out and colonize! Like Oho Oasis, I have a requirement for all settlers: your home must be built on a "lily pad" that is either 5 or 10 blocks in radius! They can be made of any material, and so can whatever you build, but I'd like the foundations to all be the same size. I'll handle the lily pad bridges.

Coordinates are -769, -35. Lotus Village is also visible on the world map as three large circles in the sea to the far left of spawn.

All for this. But if we were to build a spawn there, what would it be like? I mean, I was thinking it could be like those asian temples with the cool tile roofs and whatnot. Sort of like this:

This would be the entrance for spawn. You would be swimming and then find this. Next, you could go onto land and run into this:

And on the inside we could have a nice and open space like in the last spawn we had.

This is just a suggestion for a cool spawn idea that I had. Anybody else think that this would be cool?

I love this idea. Except for the spawning in water part, which would get annoying.

Also I agree that through terraforming the lake can be made to be barely identifiable as a swamp, and actually with this asian temple idea it would even add to the overall atmosphere of the place.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
New snapshot! Biggest changes: Creepers have new pathfinding AI, but now don't care about being set on fire and don't avoid fire, and will run away from cats, regardless if they are attacking you or not.

New snapshot! Biggest changes: Creepers have new pathfinding AI, but now don't care about being set on fire and don't avoid fire, and will run away from cats, regardless if they are attacking you or not.
All the more reasons to love cats :D

God I hate creepers sneaking up on me...a cat would be a wonderful deterrent to have.

Rocket Grunt

✁ - - - - - - - - - -
is a Top Artist Alumnus
hey smogcraft team, here is a team uniform i came up with
im not really sure if everyone wants to do this
but it might be a funny idea

if you want to use it and edit your regular skin's face on it
but you need help with transparency etc i can help anybody out
the file here just has default skin with a lighter tone
so you can see where everything fits in there
heres what it looks like more or less

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
but it will likely be recorded so there will be spectators, and uniforms are useful regardless of whether or not there are spectators, so i'm really not sure what you're getting at...?

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I can't even mention the amount of times Veed has almost died because someone thought he was sean or some dumb stuff. It is useful.

Niggly didn't say it was useless anywhere... It looked to me like he was refuting the "better than Super Bowl" claim over the uniforms.

Lighten up dudes!

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
lol, actually this was an effort evidently in demonstrating that nightmare jigglypuff needed to lighten up -- refuting the "better than super bowl" claim is a ridiculous justification because obviously the original post was in jest

way to shoot way off target, xaq!!

Hey guys

guys

OOLC 1.0.3 is out!!!

Changelog:
Fixed: Red teams countdown display didn't work under certain conditions
Fixed: Second cobblestone generator would occasionally randomly turn to obsidian
Fixed: Missing wool in blue team's countdown
Changed: Contents of a few chests
Added: Few chests

The previous version of this had a small error in it, if you downloaded it before this disclaimer was here, re-download!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)