Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Hi help with platinum rng birds. I need help with figuring out how to go about birds i know moltres frame 1 zapdos frame 6 articuno frame 11 now i have cresselia still roaming in game pre-learning to rng as only just learnt how to rng. My question is can you do journal flips to advance frames as had a look for just frame 6 timid hp ice frames can't seem to find any (i'm only really bothered about zapdos) so found seed method 1 dc0905e8 on frame 71 31/3/30/31/31/31 hpice 70 so that would make it zapdos frame 6 + 1 (for cresselia) making 7 +71 = 78 so 39 journal flips? Its a jap platinum cart so need help in when to start rng do i save in front of professor oak and then do frame advancements? Its all in japanese when he talks but i do have 4 roamers after he finishes talking i havent saved yet i just tested i hadnt released them before as game been lying round since 2009 thanks to anyone who can help

Yes save in front of Professor Oak and do the necessary advancements. Remember to verify your seed via coin flips.

Next 1,6,11 are just the monster frames and using this formula you plug it in there:

RNG advances = Target Frame - Monster Frame - Number of Wandering Pokémon

So as you can see we put your Target frame of 71-the monster frame of 6- # of wander pokemon. So 71-6-1=64/2(journal flipping advances 2 frames) and we get 32 flips.

Now remember you can redo the birds with a new spread after you capture Zapdos, simply faint them, beat the Elite 4 and re-talk to Professor Oak to re-release them.

Also if for whatever reason if the Zapdos doesn't have the right IV's/Nature, don't save as something went wrong with the advancements(probably because of cresselia or a miscount on journals).

Hi Zoap thanks for all your help sorry for delay in replying i've been in work all day in uk. Cheers for working out the journal flips correctly for me! I just had a quick try and can't believe hit seed at second time of asking. Anyway thought must have been a mistake and chased down roamers. Second roamer i found was the Zapdos i was after and after checking japanese translation and using metalkids iv calc i've actually caught my hp ice zapdos. If i had a way of cloning it i'd give you a copy but i'm guessing you have probably got a version anyway. So thanks once again i can use it at vgc12 in birmingham uk in a few weeks possibly if i can get there

Does sweet scennt advance the frame i HGSS ?
Yes, by 1 on a bike. There is a section about it in the OP. (Technically post 2, and another part in post 5)

OD EDIT: No, it actually doesn't. The on-site guides are outdated. The newer RNG Reporters handle all the +1, +2, +3 for you - but you have to pick the right encounter type for the job.

If you're going after a stationary legendary or Pokemon like Sudowoodo or Zapdos, pick Stationary Pokemon. If going for a Wild Pokemon in grass, pick Wild Pokemon. If surfing, pick Wild Pokemon (Surfing) - you get the picture.

When using Sweet Scent to advance the frame, your final frame will be the Method 1 frame of the Pokemon you catch (listed as "Actual" in RNG Reporter) + 6. Sweet Scent advances by 1 whenever you're on a bike, but having a Pokemon follow you seems to make this advance inconsistent.

Catching a flawless ditto will greatly help with breeding. I assume it will be easier on hgss, because you don't have to deal with the whole trophy garden thing. Anyway..., point me to a guide please.

Hi Zoap thanks for all your help sorry for delay in replying i've been in work all day in uk. Cheers for working out the journal flips correctly for me! I just had a quick try and can't believe hit seed at second time of asking. Anyway thought must have been a mistake and chased down roamers. Second roamer i found was the Zapdos i was after and after checking japanese translation and using metalkids iv calc i've actually caught my hp ice zapdos. If i had a way of cloning it i'd give you a copy but i'm guessing you have probably got a version anyway. So thanks once again i can use it at vgc12 in birmingham uk in a few weeks possibly if i can get there

Glad you got it, and so quickly! Good luck at VGCs

I have question for anyone who rng a fish in 3rd gen
Did the pokemon osillate from methodh2 and h4?
If it did is they a way to stop this?

I trying to rng a feebas in 3rd gen but my frames changes from methodh2 to methodh4

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Oddly enough I've heard reports of Feebas actually being H-1. I haven't tried it myself though. Have you been fishing up Feebas or other mons?

Oddly enough I've heard reports of Feebas actually being H-1. I haven't tried it myself though. Have you been fishing up Feebas or other mons?
Fishing for feebas and getting feebas and carvanha
my feebas are usually methodh2 and carvanha on h4
I have to see if fresh capture feebas is on h1.

@above
Its luck
your shiny frame must be the pokemon you want, no advances.
use a timer and try to hit your frame

If you have RC use it to find the iv, but the iv in seed finder to find the delay you hit

rinse n repeat

Anyone have a guide for Shiny starter abuse for DPPt?
No guide but I've done it and it's really frustrating. Here's what I did (This was on Pt):

You kind of need an AR to check exact IVs so you can use the "Find seed by IVs" tool (It's under 4th gen. Tools). What I did was try to hit my seed a few times, and once I got into the game take the starter ASAP. Then I checked IVs and found out what frame/delay I hit. I payed close attention to the frame to see which one the NPCs liked to advance to. In my case it was 6 so then I reabused my ID/SID for a shiny spread on frame 6. You don't need to reabuse your ID/SID if you already have one on a low frame (hope that the NPCs like to advance to that frame).

On DP there are no NPCs so if you find a seed with a Method 1 frame of 1 then just hit that seed and you'll get it. There is a way to advance the frame in DP but I forgot what that way was.

If you want to know how on DP exploits vm/pm me and I'll explain it you, it's pretty frustrating on a cart though. I'll be home in an hr or so and I'll hop on irc.

New to RNG Breeding

Hello, I'm new to RNG Breeding and I'm playing Pokemon Emerald on VisualBoyAdvance.

I have read the guide on IV Breeding using RNG yet I don't seem to be getting the IVs I want. I am breeding a 31/31/x/x/x/31 Breloom.

Here's what I have done so far

1. Got Parent A and Parent B with the following IVs

25 / 31 / 6 / 0 / 30 / 31 A
3 / 31 / 5 / 21 / 28 / 31 B

2. Locked onto an Egg with wanted Gender, Ability and Nature

Male, Effect Spore and Adamant

3. Found the IV Spread I like

942, 0:15.70, 31, B, 23, 31, B, A

Now comes the part that I can't seem to be able to do...
Soft Reset with VBA. I have been using CTRL+R (resets the emulator) but I don't seem to be hitting any IV Spread. Any ideas on how I can make this work?

^ as far as my understanding of emerald is, thats 7 seconds into reseting the game, meaning you'd have to have the game started and pick up the egg in 7 seconds(impossible to do), so you're probably hitting somewhere around the 12-16 second range or 720+ frame range.

This is all my guess as I haven't delved into 3rd gen yet.

Okay so I've found another IV Spread

Btw, question, as long as I have 60 FPS, will the throttle affect the frame range?

EDIT: I'm currently using no throttle with 0 frame skip. That should match the speed and frame rate with the ones on an actual gameboy right?

Please give us the seed in future posts, I can't tell you much easier this makes things. Now first off, don't save with the cursor of the radio anywhere but the middle, otherwise you're libel to get weird advancements. Next when you put your seed in the main window under Method K, you should see something that says Occidentary frame, that is the method 1 frame. Look for one that matches 51/45 in the 38-60 frame range(to be honest I don't know how much the cursor being down there will have advanced your frame.

Also how are you confirming your seed? I'm pretty sure Elm works, and he is easier to keep track of then the radio.
a very belated thanks to everyone on here who helped me out (but especially Zoap)! I successfully RNG'd my first Pokemon, a Modest Zapdos with HP Ice (BP 70)!

Okay so I've found another IV Spread

Btw, question, as long as I have 60 FPS, will the throttle affect the frame range?

EDIT: I'm currently using no throttle with 0 frame skip. That should match the speed and frame rate with the ones on an actual gameboy right?
Your target frame is impossible to hit! It's way to low, find a higher target frame.

Actually, thats even possible, but really hard. ~920 is lowest you can get with button mashing. So with some good timing, you could probaply make it, atleast with retail cart. (Not sure about emulators lowest possible frame)

If I want to breed in R/S (dead battery) for IVs only (not caring about shininess and just saving in front of an egg with the right nature/ability), what method in RNG Reporter will show me the spreads? Do I just select the "Breeding (Emerald No Splits)" method and put 5A0 in for the seed?

Im pretty sure, that that doesn't work. IVs and PID both come when you take the egg, so I think you need to abuse the PID also. You just need to abuse both at the sametime.

If I want to breed in R/S (dead battery) for IVs only (not caring about shininess and just saving in front of an egg with the right nature/ability), what method in RNG Reporter will show me the spreads? Do I just select the "Breeding (Emerald No Splits)" method and put 5A0 in for the seed?
That seems like it should work. OD EDIT: Nope, it won't.

Im pretty sure, that that doesn't work. IVs and PID both come when you take the egg, so I think you need to abuse the PID also. You just need to abuse both at the sametime.
The PID is generated when the Day-Care Man gets the egg. Only the IVs are generated when you take it.

(For Emerald, anyway, but I'm 99% sure it works the exact same way in R/S)

In R\S, half the PID is set when the egg is generated; other half when the egg is picked up. Effectively it means nature and IVs are determined when the egg is picked up. The egg nature is not set like in Emerald.

Hi, I'm not sure where to ask this, but I wanted to know if the monster frame for roamers in D/P/Pt were calculated by RNG Reporter now like monster frames for wild captures or if I still need to factor in the monster frame when figuring out my required advancements?

Sorry if my question is confusing. :[

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)