Pokemon Showdown bug reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I, too, am beginning to suffer from these disconnection issues - they only began affecting me about 5 minutes ago, but I am now plagued with DCs occurring every 20 seconds or so.

People being disconnected try using safari, it won't happen as often but it will still happen ever 15-20 mins. It will also happen 1-2 times in a battle :\ but i guess its better than the current situtaion

Fatalpotato called Scizor back!
Fatalpotato sent out Forretress!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Forretress!
The foe's Forretress fainted!
Landorus used U-turn!
But there was no target...
The sandstorm rages.
Fatalpotato sent out Chandelure!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Chandelure!

You're supposed to be able to change your move if you are choiced and your opponent's Pokemon fainted before you hit it.

Mummy obtained by touching a Yamask (and most likely anything with Mummy) seems to not go away when the Pokémon is called back (unless I didn't notice activating it again).

Fatalpotato called Scizor back!
Fatalpotato sent out Forretress!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Forretress!
The foe's Forretress fainted!
Landorus used U-turn!
But there was no target...
The sandstorm rages.
Fatalpotato sent out Chandelure!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Chandelure!

You're supposed to be able to change your move if you are choiced and your opponent's Pokemon fainted before you hit it.
Are you sure about that? Because the onsite description of the move seems to imply otherwise:

Smogon description of Choice Band said:
The user gains a 50% increase to Attack, but can only use the first move selected until it switches out or has its Choice Band removed. This boost does not count as a stat change. If this item is replaced with another Choice item, such as by Trick or Switcheroo, then the user will not be locked into their original choice. If the holder is locked into a non-attacking move and is Taunted, they will use Struggle. If the holder is runs out of PP for the attack they are locked into, they will use Struggle, but if the PP for that move is restored by an Elixir or Leppa Berry, they can select a new attack. If a Pokemon obtains a Choice item after using an attack, they will be locked into that attack. If Magic Room is used while a Choice-locked Pokemon is on the field, then the Pokemon can switch attacks, but once Magic Room ceases to take effect, they are again locked on the move they were originally locked in on before Magic Room was used.
Nothing about missing because your opponent fainted in here.

Oiawesome

Banned deucer.
Belly Drum+Aqua Jet (Ileagle) Is allowed on azumarill And I used without knowing so yeah can you try to fix that because what ever PS alows in the teirs is fair game for me

Somehow myself and another player both registered the name Bryan yesterday. We are both currently logged on using the name, and when one of us starts a battle, we both get involved in it and are able to control each other's teams. It's rather odd.

There is an issue in Balanced Hackmons. I know that Wonder Guard is banned on every pokemon except Shedinja. This is not the issue. Huge Power is not allowed on Azurill, Marill, or Azumarill. Likewise, Pure Power is not allowed on Meditite or Medicham. Seeing as how Shedinja is able to use abilities it naturally has in Balanced Hackmons, I would think that Azurill, Marill, Azumarill, Meditite, and Medicham would be able to do the same.

It think the issue might be with how Shedinja only has 1 ability it can naturally have whereas the other mentioned pokemon have alternative abilities to choose from. The coding might just banned the one ability unless it is the only ability it can naturally have.

There is an issue in Balanced Hackmons. I know that Wonder Guard is banned on every pokemon except Shedinja. This is not the issue. Huge Power is not allowed on Azurill, Marill, or Azumarill. Likewise, Pure Power is not allowed on Meditite or Medicham. Seeing as how Shedinja is able to use abilities it naturally has in Balanced Hackmons, I would think that Azurill, Marill, Azumarill, Meditite, and Medicham would be able to do the same.

It think the issue might be with how Shedinja only has 1 ability it can naturally have whereas the other mentioned pokemon have alternative abilities to choose from. The coding might just banned the one ability unless it is the only ability it can naturally have.
I haven't been able to use shedinja with wonder guard; I don't think it's an exception. If it's working for you, that's strange since it's only working for some people as it won't work when I try it.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Mummy obtained by touching a Yamask (and most likely anything with Mummy) seems to not go away when the Pokémon is called back (unless I didn't notice activating it again).
Was this for you or your opponent? I know that on mouseover the opponent's Pokemon will still claim to have Mummy after switching out and back in, but that's purely a graphical quirk; the Ability does revert.

I tested this in-game and even if there is no target for the first use of a Choice-locked move, that Pokemon will be forced to choose that move again.

How about we all read the damned thread before posting.

The server is down, Zarel is working on it. Do not freak out.

Sorry for minimodding, but seriously...five posts in a row asking the same question.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
There is an issue in Balanced Hackmons. I know that Wonder Guard is banned on every pokemon except Shedinja.
No, it's not. Wonder Guard is banned on Shedinja, too. I don't do complex bans if I can help it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)