Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not the log, but during a match I used Ice Beam with scarftoed against enemymon.
Opponent switched out to 1hp Aerodactyl that died for rocks. Ice beam failed and then Politoed should be able to change moves, as Ice Beam had no target.
But it didn't: it was locked in Ice Beam.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have not the log, but during a match I used Ice Beam with scarftoed against enemymon.
Opponent switched out to 1hp Aerodactyl that died for rocks. Ice beam failed and then Politoed should be able to change moves, as Ice Beam had no target.
But it didn't: it was locked in Ice Beam.
Were you using Choice Scarf or Choice Specs?

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I could be wrong, but I believe you are still locked into it even if the target is dead. The move doesn't fail, you just don't have a target (hence is says "But there was no target..." rather than it failed).

I could be wrong, but I believe you are still locked into it even if the target is dead. The move doesn't fail, you just don't have a target (hence is says "But there was no target..." rather than it failed).
Exactly: when it fails (accuracy, fly/bounce/dig, protect, etc..) you're locked in it. But when you have no target because enemy died before the attack, you should be able to choose the move.

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Exactly: when it fails (accuracy, fly/bounce/dig, protect, etc..) you're locked in it. But when you have no target because enemy died before the attack, you should be able to choose the move.
No, you shouldn't. That's what I've been saying. You used the move, it missed, and now you're locked into the move.

Sewa:

Actually, that is incorrect. In generation 5, an attack that can't be used because it has no target is generally treated as having failed: generation 5 doesn't use the phrase "But there was no target..." as in generation 4, but merely "But it failed!" Therefore, since the attack failed (and no effect prevented it from being used), the holder of the choice item is forced to choose that move in the next turn.

I have a bug to report. When a Zoroark endures what would be a OHKO with a Focus Sash, its Illusion does not wear off. And throughout the battle, Zoroark will appear in the player's remaining Pokemon section as the Pokemon it was disguised as, and the Pokemon it was disguised as will appear as Zoroark.

A Porygon 2 traced and intimidated my Gyrados when my ability was Moxie.
Has this happened to anyone else?
Not that specifically, but for some reason my Trace Porygon2 just got sent in on a Download Porygon-Z and raised it's Attack with Download, Traced Download, and then raised it's Attack again. The two issues could be related.

EDIT: After Ctrl+F-ing Trace throughout the rest of the thread, I think we can all agree that Trace it ALL fucked up.

When Assist calls a multi-hit move like Outrage it should lock the user into that move as usual and result in potential confusion as usual (at least this is how it works in Platinum), currently it does neither of these things. It creates a small (although hardly significant) problem in Balanced Hackmons.

...and I should have put this in bugs :/

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
It is fortunate, of course, that we have thread tools to solve that problem for us.

Thanks!

I pick a move, then cancel, manage to choose another...

but then it uses the first one, and the second one in the following round right away without giving me a choice.

Happened a few times till now.

Its obviously lag related, but maybe it can still be prevented somehow? No idea

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Not that specifically, but for some reason my Trace Porygon2 just got sent in on a Download Porygon-Z and raised it's Attack with Download, Traced Download, and then raised it's Attack again. The two issues could be related.
I couldn't replicate this. Sending in Trace Porygon2 on Download Porygon-Z gives Porygon2 one Attack boost and that's it; the messages are out of order but the Ability seems to work fine.

Not sure if its a known bug but endeavour doesn't seem to work with scrappy the ghost type remained unaffected by endeavour. Also endeavour failed to break through a sub.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Appendix:F.E.A.R. : proof it hits ghost types
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Substitute#Effect : fails to mention substitute causing endeavour to fail
Scrappy Endeavor does work on Ghost-types. There are two possibilities here:

1. You weren't using Scrappy.
2. Your current HP was greater than or equal to the current HP of whatever Ghost-type it was. Endeavor only works if your current HP is less than the target's.

Also, don't believe everything you read on Bulbapedia, and please don't use it as a source.

Rules
Before reporting a bug,

• ...look up the relevant moves/abilities/items on Veekun and the first post of the Smogon Research thread. Don't look on Serebii, Bulbapedia, or Smogon's own dex, they are too unreliable.

Don't know if this was already mentioned but can't be bothered going through 13 pages of comments but Flash Fire activates through Protect

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I pick a move, then cancel, manage to choose another...

but then it uses the first one, and the second one in the following round right away without giving me a choice.

Happened a few times till now.

Its obviously lag related, but maybe it can still be prevented somehow? No idea
Don't know if this was already mentioned but can't be bothered going through 13 pages of comments but Flash Fire activates through Protect
Both of these are already known about. And PurpleCordial: Ctrl + F is your friend.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
That's why the second post of this thread is a list of known bugs, and yes, that one's on there. -_-

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4329115#post4329115

I'm thinking we should enact some sort of punishment for people not even willing to read one post, i.e. the one with instructions on how to report bugs. -_-

This may or may not have been a bug, but rather user error, but the Mac Downloadable Client quit on me for whatever reason (it just closed itself as soon as a battle started for one reason or another) and it would not allow me to reconnect to the battle I had just begun. It gave me a loss on a pretty good record (8-1), which I don't care about a TON, but it is a bit annoying.

Sleep mechanics

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm just incredibly unlucky (and I'm talking crazy unlucky), but every time that I or my opponent use a sleep-inducing move (spore and sleep powder are the only ones I've experienced) the sleeping pokemon has always awakened on the first turn. I don't have any screen shots since its happened multiple times (at least 5) and it never occurred to me to screen shot it.
I've never seen it where they've slept for more than 1 turn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)