Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I logged on today to battle, and discovered all my teams were deleted. I had logged on earlier today and all the teams were there, so I feel it may have been a bug.
Teams are saved in your cookies. If your history or cookies are cleared in any way your teams will be deleted.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This is probably pointless, but when vaporeon is hit by a water type attack the animation that plays over it displays it healing 114% of its HP. I don't know if this is on every water absorb pokemon or just Vaporeon. I cannot get logs of it, because it is in the animations.

Glitch: Saving Teams

There appears to be a bug where saved teams are lost whenever you logout/login. I don't know if this has already been posted here, so if it has, feel free to delete this post. If not, please investigate this. Thanks.

Update: Found the answer. Please delete this post.

ben123456789 joined.
Tyson Granger joined.
Format: RU
Rated battle
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: OHKO Clause
Rule: Evasion Clause
Tyson Granger's team: Musharna / Entei / Smeargle / Kabutops / Moltres / Zangoose
ben123456789's team: Kecleon / Gallade / Cofagrigus / Butterfree / Cryogonal / Rhydon
Battle between ben123456789 and Tyson Granger started!
ben123456789 sent out Gallade!
Tyson Granger sent out Smeargle!
Turn 1

Smeargle used Spore!
The foe's Gallade fell asleep!
The foe's Gallade is fast asleep.
Turn 2

ben123456789 called Gallade back!
ben123456789 sent out Kecleon!
Smeargle used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
Turn 3

The foe's Kecleon used Magic Coat!
The foe's Kecleon shrouded itself with Magic Coat!
Smeargle used Spikes!
Smeargle's Spikes was bounced back by Magic Coat!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of your team!
Turn 4

The foe's Kecleon used Return!
Smeargle lost 83% of its health!
Smeargle used Dragon Tail!
The foe's Kecleon lost 6% of its health!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Gallade!
The foe's Gallade's Color Change made it the Dragon type!
Turn 5

Tyson Granger: wait wut
Tyson Granger: Isn't that Kecleon's ability?
Tyson Granger: O.o
ben123456789: what?
Tyson Granger: Your Gallade.
Tyson Granger: Its type changed to Dragon.
Tyson Granger: Due to Kecleon's ability, Colour Change.
Tyson Granger: o.o
ben123456789: yeah that's not menat to happen
ben123456789: lol just go with it
Tyson Granger: All right, I'll just report it after. :P
ben123456789 called Gallade back!
ben123456789 sent out Cofagrigus!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Cofagrigus!
Smeargle used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of the foe's team!
The foe's Cofagrigus restored HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 6

Smeargle used Spikes!
The foe's Cofagrigus used Nasty Plot!
The foe's Cofagrigus's Special Attack sharply rose!
The foe's Cofagrigus restored HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 7

Smeargle used Spikes!
The foe's Cofagrigus used Hidden Power!
It's super effective! Smeargle lost 17% of its health!
Smeargle fainted!
Tyson Granger sent out Musharna!
Musharna is hurt by the spikes!
Turn 8

Musharna used Thunder Wave!
The foe's Cofagrigus was paralyzed! It may be unable to move!
The foe's Cofagrigus used Shadow Ball!
A critical hit! It's super effective! Musharna lost 88% of its health!
Musharna fainted!
Tyson Granger sent out Zangoose!
Zangoose is hurt by the spikes!

During Turn 4, my Smeargle used Dragon Tail on a Kecleon. It caused Gallade to be sent out. However, Kecleon's ability, Color Change, activated for Gallade, turning Gallade into a Dragon-Type.

Please forgive me if this has already been brought up by someone.

Destiny bond working two turns later, not sure if it is a bug or I have always misunderstood how it works.

Turn 19
The foe's Shuppet used Destiny Bond!
Shuppet is trying to take its foe down with it! (placeholder)
Ivysaur used Growth!
Ivysaur's Attack rose!
Ivysaur's Special Attack rose!
The foe's Shuppet restored HP using its Leftovers!
The foe's Shuppet's health is sapped by Leech Seed!
The twisted dimensions returned to normal!

Turn 20
Ivysaur used Growth!
Ivysaur's Attack rose!
The foe's Shuppet is paralyzed! It can't move!

Turn 21
Ivysaur used Power Whip!
A critical hit! The foe's Shuppet lost 56% of its health!
The foe's Shuppet fainted!
Shuppet took its attacker down with it! (placeholder)
Ivysaur fainted!

Relados

fractactical genius
Destiny bond working two turns later, not sure if it is a bug or I have always misunderstood how it works.

Turn 19
Ivysaur used Growth!
Ivysaur's Attack rose!

Turn 20
Ivysaur used Growth!
Ivysaur's Attack rose!

Turn 21
Ivysaur used Power Whip!
Ivysaur fainted!
If the pokemon that used destiny bond hasn't moved after using it, it still activates when the pokemon dies. Because the Shuppet was paralyzed, it still didn't make another move yet.

EDIT: Whoops, I was wrong. Listen to The Immortal instead.

If the pokemon that used destiny bond hasn't moved after using it, it still activates when the pokemon dies. Because the Shuppet was paralyzed, it still didn't make another move yet.
Thank you for the quick response, I'm sorry for the inconvenient post then.

Turn 19
Ivysaur used Growth!
Ivysaur's Attack rose!

Turn 20
Ivysaur used Growth!
Ivysaur's Attack rose!

Turn 21
Ivysaur used Power Whip!
Ivysaur fainted!
It is a bug. The Destiny Bond is removed even if the Pokemon is unable to move due to any reason.

Pikachu Bug

There's a bug about Pikachu's moveset, you cannot make it learn Volt tackle + any egg move, the combination will be declared illegal BUT, this is doable in the real game (mine have fake out + volt tackle and I didn't use an action replay to make it).

The method to have Volt tackle on Pikachu is by breeding one of the parent (must be a pikachu or a raichu) holding a Light ball, so if you breed a male Pichu with Fake out (or any egg move), make it evolve and Breed with it holding a light ball, the baby Pikachu will both have Volt tackle and Fake out (or any other egg move)e so it can also have it's DW ability + the 2 moves.

Notice that female DW Pikachu is available so it's possible to have an/some egg moves, Volt tackle and Lightning rod.

Official site to confirm Volt tackle breeding: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Volt_Tackle_(move)

i switched in my porygon2 with the ability Trace into a Download Genesect and i copied the Download Ability twice? essentially gaining me 2 +special attack boosts in one turn...? ive switched in to them before and this has never happened? new glitch perhaps? here is a copy and paste of the log (mind you i use nicknames)

"Turn 13
PJ_Graphix called Tornado Bird back!
PJ_Graphix sent out Bird Fossil (Archen)!
Pointed stones dug into Bird Fossil!
The foe's Genesect used Thunder!
It's super effective! Bird Fossil lost 75% of its health!
Bird Fossil fainted!
PJ_Graphix sent out Cyber Duck (Porygon2)!
Pointed stones dug into Cyber Duck!
Cyber Duck's Download raised its Special Attack!
Cyber Duck traced the foe's Genesect's Download!
Cyber Duck's Download raised its Special Attack!"

so i ended up getting two boosts. i'm not complaining as it helped me out, but in all fairness i figured i should post this

also, something that might have flown under the radar. and i didnt want to bother taking a screen shot and a log cannot do it justice..

but my foe used attract on my male sigilyph with his female chansey, and that "attract status" stayed on my pokemon for the entire match, even after he switched out chansey and it was defeated (i swept with the sigilyph)

it did not effect the battle after the chansey switched, however the actual status didnt leave.. just an aesthetic thing i guess..

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Now, when vaporeon heals with water absorb, the amount healed has changed to 0%...it should be 25%. That tricky water absorb...

There's a bug about Pikachu's moveset, you cannot make it learn Volt tackle + any egg move, the combination will be declared illegal BUT, this is doable in the real game (mine have fake out + volt tackle and I didn't use an action replay to make it).

The method to have Volt tackle on Pikachu is by breeding one of the parent (must be a pikachu or a raichu) holding a Light ball, so if you breed a male Pichu with Fake out (or any egg move), make it evolve and Breed with it holding a light ball, the baby Pikachu will both have Volt tackle and Fake out (or any other egg move)e so it can also have it's DW ability + the 2 moves.

Notice that female DW Pikachu is available so it's possible to have an/some egg moves, Volt tackle and Lightning rod.

Official site to confirm Volt tackle breeding: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Volt_Tackle_(move)
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4329112&postcount=1

Notice how it says to not use Bulbapedia, since it is too unrealiable? Instead, you should use Veekun.

And Bulbapedia is not an official site. Please do not try to represent it as one.

It would be appreciated if you would post a screenshot of the pikachu, or at least post the move list.

I say this because I just tested your complaint. Lightningrod Pikachu holding a Light Ball with the moves Bestow, Fake Out, Thunderbolt, and Volt Tackle. Guess who did not encounter the illegal declaration? Is it possible you placed event only moves on it?

A really weird bug that I encountered earlier....on my Little Cup sandstorm team, one of the members is a Vullaby whose ability is Overcoat and whose moveset is Foul Play, U-Turn, Brave Bird and Roost. I have never had trouble with that combination before, and earlier today I decided to use the team as it had been a while. However, when I clicked to search for a battle, I got a message that Overcoat was rejected. When I went to check back, his moveset screen looked like it does in the screenshot. I assure you, I did not change it to be this way and did not even tamper with any facet of the team that day. Nobody other than me has access to my account, so there is no explanation as to why the first move became the ability Overcoat. If anyone knows what happened or if it has happened to anyone else, I'd love to know about it.
[/URL][/IMG]

I don't know if this has come up yet, or honestly how it even works on the cartridge.

When an attacker uses U-Turn on a defender with an eject button, the U-Turn user apparently doesn't switch.

Relados

fractactical genius
I don't know if this has come up yet, or honestly how it even works on the cartridge.

When an attacker uses U-Turn on a defender with an eject button, the U-Turn user apparently doesn't switch.
That's been reported before. U-turn does not switch if eject button activates (same with Volt Switch).

It's been mentioned in this thread but I don't think it was addressed (not sure if it was noticed). Sky Drop is hilariously broken. In short, the target is prevented from moving on both of the turns that it lasts. It also hits Flying types, hits through Protect, removes the move-restriction properties of Choice Scarf when used against a pokemon holding this item, and does a few other fun things.

Here's a screenshot of its typical effect on PS.

And here's the full log of that battle. (http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-ou760852)

Thanks!

Hey when playing Little Cup, while using Outrage my Axew gets flinched by Fake Out and the Outrage count continues (even after flinching), causing me my rampage to end and get confused. If I don't hit shouldn't my rampage count get cancelled and avoid confusion?

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
It's been mentioned in this thread but I don't think it was addressed (not sure if it was noticed). Sky Drop is hilariously broken. In short, the target is prevented from moving on both of the turns that it lasts. It also hits Flying types, hits through Protect, removes the move-restriction properties of Choice Scarf when used against a pokemon holding this item, and does a few other fun things.

Here's a screenshot of its typical effect on PS.

And here's the full log of that battle. (http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-ou760852)

Thanks!
Sky Drop was actually fixed yesterday, we just haven't restarted the server since then.

I was in a battle and had just been hit by a hurricane causing confusion, on the same turn my pokemon used baton pass and so, all stat changes where carried over. The confusion was carried over, which i'm not sure is supposed to happen, though if it is even though the log said i was confused the battle screen did not display confusion in the regular spot (underneath the health bar) or anywhere else.

According to PS!, ExtremeSpeed is illegal with Gluttony on Linoone.

Before anyone tells me it is, you can use the Pomeg Glitch in Emerald.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
You can also use the Mimic Glitch to get a Fake Out ExtremeSpeed V-create Ursaring. Whether glitches are legal is unclear, but I'm going to lean towards "not" unless advised otherwise.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Extremespeed Gluttony Linoone can be obtained by migrating the Extremespeed Zigzagoon from Pokemon Box. Upon evolving, it has a 50% chance or so to change its ability to Gluttony. So yes, Extremespeed Gluttony Linoone is perfectly legal.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You can also use the Mimic Glitch to get a Fake Out ExtremeSpeed V-create Ursaring. Whether glitches are legal is unclear, but I'm going to lean towards "not" unless advised otherwise.
Well, I'd say illegal. Because there's a tier for Glitchmons, appropriately called Glitchmons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)