Technical Support v2 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

1. Windows 7
  2. Firefox 14.0.1
  3. Doesn't work on Internet Explorer either.
  4. This has started a couple of days ago.
  5. zpattack12
  6. When I press play, it gives me the normal message of what is happening, and everything is done except "Joining Showdown Server", where it just stays blank. I can get on my iPad, but not on my computer.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
First off, PS doesn't support Internet Explorer. It should work on Firefox, though the recommended browser that you use is Google Chrome.

First off, PS doesn't support Internet Explorer. It should work on Firefox, though the recommended browser that you use is Google Chrome.
I'll download chrome and see if it works, but do you know why it doesn't work on Firefox and if I can fix it?

Danger Mouse X: ok
Danger Mouse X: that's weird
Inactive players will forfeit in 90 seconds.
Inactive players will forfeit in 60 seconds.
Danger Mouse X: this is total BS
Abc92: yep
Inactive players will forfeit in 30 seconds.
Abc92: what EV's u put on genesect?
Danger Mouse X: i'm going to take a screenshot of this >.<
Abc92: lol
Danger Mouse X: it's a choice band variant
dangermousex lost because of their inactivity.
Abc92 won the battle!
Ladder updating...
Danger Mouse X's rating: 1688 → 1682
(-6 for losing)
Abc92's rating: 1426 → 1446
(+16 for winning, +4 from bonus pool)

note that i am able to converse with my opponent, i am clearly THERE, but i am considered inactive, and lose because of it. this has happened to me multiple times.

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Danger Mouse X: that's weird
Inactive players will forfeit in 90 seconds.
Inactive players will forfeit in 60 seconds.
Danger Mouse X: this is total BS
Abc92: yep
Inactive players will forfeit in 30 seconds.
Abc92: what EV's u put on genesect?
Danger Mouse X: i'm going to take a screenshot of this >.<
Abc92: lol
Danger Mouse X: it's a choice band variant
dangermousex lost because of their inactivity.
Abc92 won the battle!
Ladder updating...
Danger Mouse X's rating: 1688 → 1682
(-6 for losing)
Abc92's rating: 1426 → 1446
(+16 for winning, +4 from bonus pool)

note that i am able to converse with my opponent, i am clearly THERE, but i am considered inactive, and lose because of it. this has happened to me multiple times.
This should be located in the Bug Reports thread. And yes, we know that sometimes the inactive player kick glitches a bit.

Right, so it's been ages since I've been able to battle on the main server. I can enter it fine, it brings up my username and stuff, and I can follow the chat. However, I simply cannot battle. Sometimes I click "search for battle" and I do get one, but can never make my move. Other times simply nothing happens when I click "search for battle". I really want to be able to ladder again...

I've got avast antivirus, and have diabled the Web Shield, as was recommended to someone earlier, and I found a battle, but it didn't display teams or anything, just an empty page with a box that said "Join battle". When i clicked it, nothing happened. Anyone have any idea what to do?

EDIT: ok so I just got my first battle in ages, but only got to turn 3 before it froze and disconnected me.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Right, so it's been ages since I've been able to battle on the main server. I can enter it fine, it brings up my username and stuff, and I can follow the chat. However, I simply cannot battle. Sometimes I click "search for battle" and I do get one, but can never make my move. Other times simply nothing happens when I click "search for battle". I really want to be able to ladder again...

I've got avast antivirus, and have diabled the Web Shield, as was recommended to someone earlier, and I found a battle, but it didn't display teams or anything, just an empty page with a box that said "Join battle". When i clicked it, nothing happened. Anyone have any idea what to do?

EDIT: ok so I just got my first battle in ages, but only got to turn 3 before it froze and disconnected me.
Which browser?

Browser : have tried on Firefox and Safari, but prefer the downloaded version for accessibility
Start: A week ago
PS username: super_wailord
Problem: I always get disconnected while on the login screen, during the "Connecting to Showdown Server..." step. It worked fine the first few times I logged in.

Which browser?
Google Chrome

EDIT: Guys please help me out here, I'll clear up what happened. I logged onto the main server, was able to participate in the chat, then tried to find a battle. I did, against someone named asery, but I only got to team preview (it only loaded my team and one of his). I tried to talk in the battle window chat but it wouldnt let me. I then tried to talk in the main chat and it wouldnt let me either. So basically the lag or whatever the problem is occurs when I try to battle on the main server. I've battled fin on the other servers like kupo, but it's just not the same. I really don't know what to do...

Help please

1.Operating system: Windows Vista
2.Web Browser: Chrome
3.I haven't tried it on the other browsers and i am not willing to play on anything else than chrome.
4.This problem started today
5. My p.s username is :MadeInSweden

6: I hit restore in the teambuilder by accident and i think my teams went away, I totally panicked and before i got to do anything i got DC'd. Now that i try to get into the pokemon showdown server it says : Joining showdown server . . . and it never loads ! I have removed my firewall and this problem still occurs and i don't want to risk losing my teams through erasing the cookies.

I am having the ''You have been disconnected - possibly because the server was restarted.'' error since today,but l havent dowloaded anything(l know sometimes some firewalls come inside some progamans) and the one l use was not altered in any way(it even needs my permission to do so).
So,how to proceed?
I use chorme
Edit:Just tried to turn it off,but the error still continues.Also scanned for any other firewalls,but l dont have any..

1. Windows 7
  2. Firefox
  3. N/A
  4. 5 days ago
  5. Dev-Dogg
  6. Okay, so i Can't connect and I've isolated what the problem may be but I'm not sure where to go from here, I believe my home internet connection for home reason can not connect to your server, because when I'm on my home PC or when i have WiFi on my phone turned on while at home i can't connect, but when i turn WiFi off i have no problem connecting. I have no clue why this is happening, any ideas?

Crunchbang
Opera 12.01
I've tried Iceweasel and incognito modes for both, and yes it still occurs.
Yesterday
lacerta, "SilentBitch"

I logged on in the middle of yesterday's shenanigans. When I realised what was going on I tried to change my name to avoid the incoming /frt, but I was too slow as usual and only managed to change name at the same time as I was hit with it. Then I was immediately disconnected.

Since then I have been locked out from any username on Showdown. Even attempting to join the chat under fresh new usernames is met with the "Your authentication token was invalid." error message for username SilentBitch. When I enter my password, it is apparently the "Wrong password". A blank password produces the same, and since I wasn't logged in when everything was sorted out, I was never unnamelocked.

I have tried other browsers and even deleted delicious cookies but the problem still persists and I cba to change my IP.

Many thanks!

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Crunchbang
Opera 12.01
I've tried Iceweasel and incognito modes for both, and yes it still occurs.
Yesterday
lacerta, "SilentBitch"

I logged on in the middle of yesterday's shenanigans. When I realised what was going on I tried to change my name to avoid the incoming /frt, but I was too slow as usual and only managed to change name at the same time as I was hit with it. Then I was immediately disconnected.

Since then I have been locked out from any username on Showdown. Even attempting to join the chat under fresh new usernames is met with the "Your authentication token was invalid." error message for username SilentBitch. When I enter my password, it is apparently the "Wrong password". A blank password produces the same, and since I wasn't logged in when everything was sorted out, I was never unnamelocked.

I have tried other browsers and even deleted delicious cookies but the problem still persists and I cba to change my IP.

Many thanks!
Click "Cancel" on the "invalid authentication token" screen; you should then be able to click "Change name" and choose whatever name you prefer.

Thanks Zarel. That's the problem, when I click cancel then "Change name" (or "Join chat"), after I enter a username I'm redirected straight back to SilentBitch. When I enter my password for username: lacerta, it tells me it's the wrong password, so I can't really go anywhere. I managed to connect using my phone's internet connection, but whatever happened seems to be connected to my IP, so I can't access Showdown normally.

Thank you!

Mine is the same as Mew's original post.
Operating system: Windows 7 (32-Bit)

Web Browser: Google Chrome

Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well?: No, I have not.

When did this problem start?: 4 days ago.

Your PS username: SolarPump.

And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.): Initializing... DONE
Loading libraries... DONE
Loading client... DONE
Connecting to login server... DONE
Connecting to Showdown server... DONE
Joining Showdown server...

...And then nothing. I have left this on for 4 days straight and it didn't load.

Thanks for your help in advance! (Game Boy Advance maybe?), (Ignore that, I failed at a pun.).

Connection Troubles

Same as above

Windows 7 (64x)
Google Chrome
Yes, and it still happened on Firefox
Yesterday, or about 24 hours ago
Blue_Pheonix
I got disconnected yesterday and haven't been able to get back on since, It looks like its connecting but then it stops and joining, and I haven't been able to get onto the main server since!

1.Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium
2.Web Browser: Safari v5.1
3. Have you tried this on other browsers: No.
4. When this problem started: Yesterday at around 10:30 was when I first tried and failed to get on.
5. My p.s username is: WolfLink

And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.): Simple series of events. I open Safari, bring up ps on google, click the link, and then a message pops up after a few seconds of load time: "Safari can't open the page "http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/lobby" because the server where the page is located isn't responding." This happens every time I attempt it. It also happens when typing the web address into the url bar.

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
1.Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium
2.Web Browser: Safari v5.1
3. Have you tried this on other browsers: No.
4. When this problem started: Yesterday at around 10:30 was when I first tried and failed to get on.
5. My p.s username is: WolfLink

And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.): Simple series of events. I open Safari, bring up ps on google, click the link, and then a message pops up after a few seconds of load time: "Safari can't open the page "http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/lobby" because the server where the page is located isn't responding." This happens every time I attempt it. It also happens when typing the web address into the url bar.
Pokemon Showdown has been down since last night. It is impossible for anyone to get on.

Browser: Google Chrome
When: About an hour or two after I started laddering when the server recovered from the DDOS Attack
PS username: naagza
Problem: The battles are taking insanely long to load....I haven't been able to do a Random Battle even after waiting for a battle for about 2-5 minutes after some point. Apparently ginganinja had a similar issue when waiting for an OU match except he was waiting longer. Also, I KNOW there were people who were also playing because I'd constantly see the "Watch Battles" section was flooded with ranked Random Battle and OU at times I temporarily gave up....Is there lots of server stress or something?

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
Browser: Google Chrome
When: About an hour or two after I started laddering when the server recovered from the DDOS Attack
PS username: naagza
Problem: The battles are taking insanely long to load....I haven't been able to do a Random Battle even after waiting for a battle for about 2-5 minutes after some point. Apparently ginganinja had a similar issue when waiting for an OU match except he was waiting longer. Also, I KNOW there were people who were also playing because I'd constantly see the "Watch Battles" section was flooded with ranked Random Battle and OU at times I temporarily gave up....Is there lots of server stress or something?
Most likely, your rating is too high. The new algorithms will only match you with someone with a similar rating as you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)