5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

No one bothered looking at the event eggs because they're worthless and are no different than a regular egg once they hatch. You're better off just capturing one of the aforementioned mons and save yourself the trouble.
I guess I'll do the POE method then and report back when I have results.

-James

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I really don't want to sound like a pain (I probably am), but I noticed that a new version of RNG Reporter that's compatible with XP will be released, for which I am very grateful ('tis a great relief). When can we expect to see this?
I'm only making one release so expect it to be after I've added support for everything. Currently my main focus is 3DS/DSi support and dream radar.

I'm only making one release so expect it to be after I've added support for everything. Currently my main focus is 3DS/DSi support and dream radar.
Just curious: with everything already figured out from the JP versions, are those going to be a two-birds-one-stone kind of deal, or is there something about Dream Radar seeds especially that needs to be brute forced again aside from that?

Thanks again, anyway.

Is there any place earlier in White 2 where I can find my parameters?
You can use Unova Link almost immediately to find your parameters. See this post for more. It details the process while using PPRNG, though I presume RNG Reporter will also be updated to include this easier method of finding one's parameters. You can also use the IV method, as in BW.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Is there any place earlier in White 2 where I can find my parameters?
Technically you could find your parameters as soon as you get your starter. Realistically you only need to get far enough into the game that you can determine caught Pokemon IVs with high accuracy. It's easiest to do this late-game when you can catch high level Pokemon and feed them lots of Rare Candies.

Thanks again, anyway.

You can use Unova Link almost immediately to find your parameters. See this post for more. It details the process while using PPRNG, though I presume RNG Reporter will also be updated to include this easier method of finding one's parameters. You can also use the IV method, as in BW.
Technically you could find your parameters as soon as you get your starter. Realistically you only need to get far enough into the game that you can determine caught Pokemon IVs with high accuracy. It's easiest to do this late-game when you can catch high level Pokemon and feed them lots of Rare Candies.
Thanks too you both! :]

The bug still exists in the English version.
I see :/ That's so disappointing... Oh well, at least we can still RNG eggs in Black/White...

btw is the RNG of wondercards/stationary/gifts possible in English Black2/White2? And if so, is it the same as it was in the previous games?

I need some help with rng breeding. I have a problem hitting my target frame because of the wandering NPCs, someone knows in which pattern the NPCs advance the frame?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
btw is the RNG of wondercards/stationary/gifts possible in English Black2/White2? And if so, is it the same as it was in the previous games?
Yes to both questions.
I need some help with rng breeding. I have a problem hitting my target frame because of the wandering NPCs, someone knows in which pattern the NPCs advance the frame?
It's unpredictable, but they follow the same pattern for any given seed and save state, so what you need to do is receive your egg, use the nature/gender/etc. to figure out how many extra advances they did, and then adjust from there.

One other thing, this time about the backing up Pokemon Dream Radar before RNGing, though not technically about the RNGing itself:

I know that the guide says to back up the entire SD card for each time, but my SD card's almost full so that's bound to take up too much space. Looking through the directory, I stumbled upon this folder:

G:\Nintendo 3DS\(a bunch of numbers and letters that might not be something I should post)\(another bunch of numbers & letters)\title\00040000\000ae100

Based on the creation date (mostly the fact that it's the only folder created on the 7th, the same day I downloaded only it), I'm thinking that this is where PDR is stored. Does anyone know if I'm right? And if I am, would I be able to just backup/restore this folder, instead of the entire SD card? There isn't some hidden file in another directory that'd keep this from working, is there?

There's also a 512KB .sav file in a sub-directory under that one, so if I could get away with only copying that then that'd be even better.

I want to RNG hidden grottoes later in my game, do I have to do something in special? for example I'm in the part where I have to catch minccino, should I catch it or not? does it matter?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I want to RNG hidden grottoes later in my game, do I have to do something in special? for example I'm in the part where I have to catch minccino, should I catch it or not? does it matter?
You don't need to do anything special, just make sure all the hollows are full before you start RNGing them (even that isn't strictly necessary, it just makes the process easier).

How would I find my parameters for a game that I plan to ID abuse when I haven't even started the game yet?
For BW2? Start a file and save at least once, then you can use the Unova Link method (see the OP) to find your parameters very quickly and easily. You can't find your parameters without starting the game at all.

Hold on, does the breeding bug basically mean that it is indeed impossible to do some RNG Breeding in the Japanese and International releases of BW2 as of now? Dangit, I skipped BW since I thought I can do all the RNGing here :/

I'm trying to create a profile for Black 2, and I'm doing everything the exact same to find my parameters as I did in White, but when I enter all the shit I don't get a seed.
Have sweet scent, caught the first poke without moving, checked IVs with pokecheck. Nothing comes up. Don't know why it's not working, but it isn't. Bit upsetting. So I'm not quite sure what to do to check my parameters now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)