5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Has anyone successfully RNG'ed the starter for BW2? Can you share your tips? I have already RNG'ed my TID/SID so all that's left is to get the Pokemon...

Hey, everyone. I came here for a little help on RNGing Genesect. I'm still really new at this, but I managed to get a 31/20/31/31/31/31 Keldeo in White 1. HOWEVER, that's not the case in White 2.

I do the calibration as I learned how from bearsfan's video on Youtube, just like I did it for Keldeo. Then I plug that into the time finder, put in my desired IVs, and search. Now here's where the problems start.

When I go and put them into the main RNG Reporter, I get awful IV spreads and obscene target frames. It doesn't matter how much I compromise on the IVs I want, I never get a good one from the seeds I'm getting.

But the worst part of all is that when I DO get a seed that looks promising, it seems like I can't hit it. It always comes out with the wrong nature and IVs.

Relevant info:
RNG Reporter 9.96.1

Wondercard Genesect with 31/31/31/31/31/31

Target Seed:E2CAB273F27C532E
Date: 10/29/12
Time: 16:27:46
Keypresses: Start+Up+R
Hasty
31/31/31/31/30/31
Starting Frame: 55
Target Frame: 56
Pokecenter: Accumula Town (No moving NPCs)
Mac Address: 001656433607

This is only one of 2 seeds Time Finder found after 3 hours of searching. It's perfect but I can't hit it at all. The other results are much worse. I'll post the stats and IVs of my latest attempt in a bit.

Edit: Okay, here it is.

Genesect
Level 15
Rash
Alert to sounds
HP 46 (0-4)
Atk 41 (0-6)
Def 35 (10-16)
SAtk 46 (7-13)
SpDef 31 (10-16)
Spe 39 (31)

I had the same struggle and the same hours of finding a spread. Just keep using Adjacent Seeds to check what you're hitting. It's probably just Timer0 fluctuations.
How many times have you tried to hit it? If it's less than 30 you shouldn't complain just yet.

My question: For Chatot pitches, am I supposed to hear the pitch ON the target frame and know I'm ready to collect, or is the pitch one BEFORE the target frame the one I'm supposed to hear to know I'm done.

I had the same struggle and the same hours of finding a spread. Just keep using Adjacent Seeds to check what you're hitting. It's probably just Timer0 fluctuations.
How many times have you tried to hit it? If it's less than 30 you shouldn't complain just yet.

My question: For Chatot pitches, am I supposed to hear the pitch ON the target frame and know I'm ready to collect, or is the pitch one BEFORE the target frame the one I'm supposed to hear to know I'm done.
So far I'm going on 10 attempts, and yes, it takes hours just to get a spread. I'm glad I'm not the only one agonizing over this.

i did bt its only possible to do the iv rng and the nature gender is luck.....
That sucks... Anyway if I ain't gonna get shiny then there is no point, lol...

On a different note, How do I use BW1 egg abuse for nidoran? How do I determine spreads that give a Nidoran-M, for example, in time finder? What option do I select after clicking the check box for Nidoran?

Thanks!

when you hear a pitch you are currently on the corresponding pitch (pid)frame...so when you battle you get the next frame...so you should stop 1 frame before ur target frame

Genesect guy: Just make sure you confirm what it is you're hitting, which is super easy with Wondercards via adjacent seeds.

It took me about 3 combined hours to find two spreads with different natures, but I did RNG both.
The first took me a ridiculous amount of tries, between 20 and 30 I would say.
The second took me only 2.

Right now I'm on god knows what # Nidoran attempt, I am hitting the frames ONE BELOW AND ONE ABOVE my target! DAMN YOU CPUs! DAMN YOU TO HELL!

when you hear a pitch you are currently on the corresponding pitch (pid)frame...so when you battle you get the next frame...so you should stop 1 frame before ur target frame
Picking up from the daycare man counts as 1 frame advancement too right?
Well damn, my most recent attempt I heard the low low low high and then picked it up, and did indeed miss my mark by one frame.

Geez, the three low low low in a row right before my frame does not help me much at all. But I'm so close that I don't want to switch seeds.
NIDOKING IMMA COMING!
The worst part is that right when I think I am getting used to the pitches my Timero fluctuates and I loose the groove.

And the guy who asked about the gender for the king n queen, when you look at the main menu after generating your seed on it, there is a box that states what gender you got (ignore the actual gender boxes, they don't matter).

Genesect guy: Just make sure you confirm what it is you're hitting, which is super easy with Wondercards via adjacent seeds.

It took me about 3 combined hours to find two spreads with different natures, but I did RNG both.
The first took me a ridiculous amount of tries, between 20 and 30 I would say.
The second took me only 2.

Right now I'm on god knows what # Nidoran attempt, I am hitting the frames ONE BELOW AND ONE ABOVE my target! DAMN YOU CPUs! DAMN YOU TO HELL!
Good lord, looks like I'm in for pure hell. Any reason why this is so finnicky compared to the Keldeo Wondercard?

BW2 has apparently, what, 12 Timer0s that it is capable of shifting between? Way more than BW1. And while it tends to go back and forth between only 2 (at least it did with me), it does occasionally stray farther. Mix that with the occasional mistiming at the title screen, or chatot screw-ups if you have a lot and that's a lot of work.

Nothing compared to trying to breed, as I'm finding out. Nidoking has been pure hell.

EDIT: Just got a Nidoran on frame 54 AGAIN. My frame is 55. Somebody shoot me. I haven't been studying for my Ochem test in a couple days due to this crap.

EDIT: Screw this. I'm changing seeds again. must find one with a low to high pitch right before mine.

EDIT 2: All I hope is that I'm learning, so that for future breeding attempts things go more smoothly.
Here I go again; 7 frames needed to advance, the two before mine go mid (47) to high (92). Fingers crossed.

EDIT 3: **** the bird pitches, I'm just going to try 3 frames before the seed as that was what the CPUs seemed to advance it by most when I calibrated ahead of time, so that way I can enter the game and mash A and just hope.

Does anybody know of a YT video going through the chatot pitches I could use for practice later?

Cefiro said:
BW2 has apparently, what, 12 Timer0s that it is capable of shifting between? Way more than BW1. And while it tends to go back and forth between only 2 (at least it did with me), it does occasionally stray farther. Mix that with the occasional mistiming at the title screen, or chatot screw-ups if you have a lot and that's a lot of work.
Ugh, that really knocked the drive out of me. BTW, What IV spread did you search for (and ultimately have success with)?

And for the Chatot thing, I only know of bearsfans092's tutorial.

Bearsfan doesn't go into "Ok, here is pitch 10, 20 30... 90"

That's what would be super nice for me.

I don't know what I searched, I don't save them. Timer0s tend to stay between two values for the most part, so don't let that sway you. Just make sure you know it IS timer0 and not you missing something.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW HEEEEEEEEEEELLS YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES.

I think I got my Nidoran! Need to level it up to confirm IVs, but it's a boy, it has Hustle, and he's a Timid little sucker; this should be mah crown prince!

If I've been trolled this is going to break my pokeheart.

EDIT: I GOT IT.

Protip for noobs: When breeding, if you don't want to deal with advancement crap, pick up an egg 2 or 3 times, find out how many advancements from initial you are getting from just mashing A upon entering the game. Then just search for a seed with that many advancements, load the game at that time and mash A. Took me 3 tries (and one of those my seed changed).
Took me countless tries actually trying to be competent at something I'm clearly not.

Protip for noobs: When breeding, if you don't want to deal with advancement crap, pick up an egg 2 or 3 times, find out how many advancements from initial you are getting from just mashing A upon entering the game. Then just search for a seed with that many advancements, load the game at that time and mash A. Took me 3 tries (and one of those my seed changed).
Bad idea. NPC advancements change per save and per seed, so the only way that'll work is pure dumb luck. You're better off sticking to the same seed and finding what you hit with one Chatot, then adjusting accordingly.

And not using the adjacent seed finder or EonTimer if you're on BW1 (which you better be if you're trying to breed).

As for the Chatot pitches, ignoring the fact that you can play them over and over on any normal load until you get an ear for the difference (even a general idea of the difference between the stages is usually enough), most of the time the pattern is enough. If RNG Reporter shows three lows in a row, but when you play them the middle one is much higher, chances are you missed your seed.

Im going to rng Virizion, Cobalion and Terrakion because my last game ones were not so good. The issue is they are not alone anymore. I was just wondering if anyone can tell me in advance how much the npcs move the pidrng i believe its called. I know in Black and White the day care advanced by around six. Just tell me if you know already. Otherwise I guess Ill have to test it.

Ok, so I have RNG'd plenty on White 1 and calibrated for it no problem when I began RNGing. I have read up on all of the new stuff with BW2 RNG and calibration so I have set my timer0s for search at 10E0 to 1130 to get a wide spread. I do the calibrations normally as I have done with previous games and yet I get no results. Is this caused by memory link? What is throwing off finding any seeds that match what I am doing in game? I'm using RNGreporter 9.96 beta.

Any clues? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help out a bit.

Edit, tried different locations with no moving NPCs and I still get no results in the calibration process..

Im going to rng Virizion, Cobalion and Terrakion because my last game ones were not so good. The issue is they are not alone anymore. I was just wondering if anyone can tell me in advance how much the npcs move the pidrng i believe its called. I know in Black and White the day care advanced by around six. Just tell me if you know already. Otherwise I guess Ill have to test it.
I said this in the post above yours: NPC advancements change per save and per seed, not to mention how long you take on the overworld when they can move. There is no set number above 0, for any of it (I've personally done seeds/saves for BW1 breeding with NPC frame advances of 2-3, 0, 8, and even higher, so no, not even that).

Bad idea. NPC advancements change per save and per seed, so the only way that'll work is pure dumb luck
That's why you calibrate per save and per seed once to three times ahead of time to know the general frame advancements of the NPCs. I just bred another Pokemon, took me 20 minutes. Took me over 7 goddamn hours of not getting my first one with the other method - now THAT felt like sheer dumb luck. This one has been working out, however. I can usually tell with Chatot pitches when I missed my seed. But telling when I'm 1 frame prior to it, hell, I failed that as badly as one could.
I'm aware my method is luck based. However, to others struggling for literally hours on a single Poke, I would argue it works better.

Is N's Zorua RNG-able? And can you come back and pick it up at any time if I refused to take it?

That's why you calibrate per save and per seed once to three times ahead of time to know the general frame advancements of the NPCs.
Which doesn't matter as soon as you move on to a new one, since you'll have to do it over again, anyway.

Is N's Zorua RNG-able? And can you come back and pick it up at any time?
No, the IVs are set in stone (all 30, though). You can come back for it later.

I can usually tell with Chatot pitches when I missed my seed. But telling when I'm 1 frame prior to it, hell, I failed that as badly as one could.
That's when you use distinguishable sequences close to your target, so you know where you are, and count from there. If your target is too low, you can count right away and adjust for NPC movement if you need to try again, since in that case it won't take as long to retry.

I'm aware my method is luck based. However, to others struggling for literally hours on a single Poke, I would argue it works better.
Better to use information on one seed for a different seed, as opposed to using it on the same seed. What am I missing?

I'm just gonna ask this for clarification...

Is there any discrepancy with starting frames in RNG Reporter between its various pages? I know that some people have said that one of the pages is off by 2 or something, but I'm just asking to make sure that it wasn't just user error or something. Is using PPRNG better at the moment, or is it easy to just adjust to RNG Reporter's error once you are aware of it (if it has an error at all)?

Besides that and severe Timer0 variation, is there any difference between BW1 and BW2 Wondercard RNG?

EDIT: Also, I apologize if slashmoulder is already aware of this (I did a search and noticed that one person had mentioned this before), but I, too, had problems creating a new profile using RNG Reporter 9.96 and 9.96.1. I have Windows 7 and it simply wouldn't allow me to input my data and create a profile; instead, I had to re-calibrate using the "Find DS Parameters" and "Use results in Time Finder" options in order to fill out the profile page successfully.

What am I missing?
Just that it took me 7 hours to get nothing the proper way, and 35 minutes to get 2 things my half-assed luck way (no sarcasm or exaggeration, this pretty much is an accurate description of what happened).

I won't argue that it's better, but if you suck as horridly as I apparently do and lost nearly all hope I would say it's worth a spin.

I'll report back some day after more breeding attempts to see if this crappy way still manages to get me results; but based of my (extremely small sample size of 2) experience, if you do nothing but mash A at a constant rate the moment you continue your game, the frame advances caused by the NPCs seems to fluctuate only by a single frame, giving you a pretty damn good chance of landing on the proper frame without any chatot use.

Picking up from the daycare man counts as 1 frame advancement too right?
Well damn, my most recent attempt I heard the low low low high and then picked it up, and did indeed miss my mark by one frame.

Geez, the three low low low in a row right before my frame does not help me much at all. But I'm so close that I don't want to switch seeds.
NIDOKING IMMA COMING!
The worst part is that right when I think I am getting used to the pitches my Timero fluctuates and I loose the groove.

And the guy who asked about the gender for the king n queen, when you look at the main menu after generating your seed on it, there is a box that states what gender you got (ignore the actual gender boxes, they don't matter).
i barely use chatot pitches when rnging eggs...but i find this is faster than checking pitches for long time....
if you hit the same seed they will move the same way for that seed.
so say you saved when an npc is facing right and when you hit your seed say you saw him move upward,and when you hit that seed again he will move upward again.
so the npc movement is definite pattern for a particular seed on a particular save(so it depend on when you save too.)
first of all as said above,
there are 2 types of frames for a single seed
IV frame-determines ivs
and the pid frame-determines nature ,shinyness and ability
when rnging an egg.your starting iv frame is 8.
and your starting pid frame is between 40-60ish
npcs only advance pid frame.so your ivs are safe
in the main rng reporter window
chose breeding (BW)
and if your pokemon is holding everstone ,choose which nature is the holder
enter your seed into the seed (hex) box
then click calculate initial pidrng frame
then you'll get a value of 40-60 in the starting frame box.
hit generate
say you got 47 for your starting frame.,that means if there are no npcs you will get the nature ,ability corresponding to frame number 47.
but since there are npc ,that frame will shift up by about 2-7ish frames.
so what you need to do is find that shifted starting frame.
hit the seed and mash X when the season screen displays to get to the menu ,then quit and mash A as fast as you can to get your egg.now hatch it and match the nature gender and ability you got with the frames of the results you generated(for example if my initial frame is 47 ,ill match them 47 upwards).then if you get a match say frame 49,then deduct that from your target frame(say 57).and thats the number of advances you should do by chatots(57-49=8 chatot flips).then rehit your seed ,do the advances and get the egg

to verify whether you hit your seed.after getting the egg go to a place where you can catch a high level pokemon like victory road or something(your choice)then catch a pokemon with sweet scent,check its ivs and match them with the IV frames of your seed,
in the range of 14-25ish

I'm trying to abuse my ID/SID and I got my parameters already in game. I calibrated several times and in the end chose a 1672 timer0. I'm using the same process to Id/SID abuse as in BW 1. But everytime, I end up with an ID of 58159 which returns no results...
I've already re-started my game and don't want to play up to the point where I can recalibrate..is there anything I can do from here?

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)