Join Avenue

A nice general topic about Join Avenue. How's your avenue going?

For people who don't know about the Join Avenue, this image may help^^

Thanks to Zowayix for finding this image

I have a quick question to start off the topic: what are the best competitive shops?

i have my join avenue at rank 2

not really much use though, the happiness ones were kinda fine for evolving riolu, antiques is meh-ish (i just got 4 hard stones ._.), raffle is... obvious.
:/

Just an explanation of magnemite flipping or whatever you want to call it for people who've never seen it before: you catch a random wild magnemite, then repeatedly chain-trade it for other magnemites (of any level) on the GTS. There are a lot of people doing that, so you get a huge number of GTS trades very quickly, and it's self-sustaining as long as people still want to level up their Join Avenue.

Right now my Avenue is Rank 13, though I haven't taken advantage of the Magneimite thing.
Right now I have 1 berry shop, 3 antique shops, 1 Fitness, 1 Raffle, 1 Salon (I basically guarantee 1 happiness evolution every day at this point), and 1 Deli/Cafe.

The third antique shop is a bit overkill so I'm hoping to replace it with either a Nursery or a White/White 2 berry shop.
I'm not too hot on the Cafe at this point, I may replace that with a Nursery/Florist too

Anyone else sad you can only reccomend shops to Gym Leaders? I'm surprised they didn't make them have ~exclusive~ items or something

My Japanese Black Join Avenue is currently Rank 29 and I'm just trying to max out the discounts and the final shop on the street, which is a Raffle Shop. Got one of every shop, apart from no Nursery which is replaced with an additional cafe.

My English White Avenue is currently at Rank 12 thanks to the Magnemite Coil. I've got 1 Florist, 1 Cafe, 1 Fitness, 1 Raffle, 2 Markets and 2 Antique Shops, but they're around the rank 5 status for each of them. I actually prefer this current setup against my Japanese Black setup mostly because I'm using more of the shops on a daily basis, the Markets and Antique Shops inparticular because they offer very appealing bargains and you can farm some good stuff from the antique sellers which make them worthwhile in the long run (6 Big Nuggets on the Japanese cart = stinking rich)

In terms of competitive shops, this really depends on what you want out of it to help from a competitive sense. Heavy breeders will almost certainly want to invest in a Nursery, although you can argue that with the breeding getting messed up in this version it isn't as useful unless you trade eggs over from the preceding games. If your doing EV training I strongly recommend investing in Markets, Fitness and Bistros. Markets are useful as you get mega discounts on the vitamins that each of them sells and if you can get two Markets selling the whole range you are set from that perspective.

The Fitness and Bistro also provide EV Training options, but these are only really value for money once to maximise the entire avenue's discount on all goods (maxes out at 40%), which make them better value for money than vitamins bought from a regular store. You also get items that raise pokemon levels at these two, including one at the Bistros once you reach rank 10 on the shop that raises level by 8. Using the levelling options does mean you miss any level-up moves at the levels you jump though, but at the higher end of the scale, they make excellent items to boost you to the level 100s.

If you also require EV-reduction services, I'd recommend getting a Salon, and possibly a Florist as they provide the relevant services. I recommend a Florist anyways, as you can buy the mulch he sells there and make an arbitrage profit using the Breeder in Mistralton City on every item. The Markets are also good for abusing arbitrage opportunities once they start selling you RageCandyBars, Old Gateaus and Lava Cookies with that Maid on Route 5. They've been especially useful in funding my uses of the level training services on the avenues every so often.

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I've got a question, do I want more than one of the same store?

When I get people in and I invite them, if they say they want to open a store that I already have one of I've never bothered with them. So does having say 2+ fitness things make the avenue better? Also some of the recommend "lines" are just stupid, you need serebii's page to decipher a lot of them.

Also brb doing the magnemite coil :) Also GTS noob here, I just put up a magnemite. Do I have to wait in the GTS thing to trade? Whats the most efficient way to go about this? Nvm got one within a few minutes xD

There is nothing detrimental to not having one of every store apart from you obviously lose out on some of the services in exchange for doubling up on others. The way that the stores work mean that to get the full selection of goods and services from any particular type of shop, you will need more than one of any shop. A good case in point is the Cafe/ Bistro which you need the two variants to get the full selection of goods and the Florist which requires all four variants to get the full selection of Berries and Mulches (and if anyone has all four Florist shop variants in their Avenue that is quite the achievement).

Of all of the shops that are available, I personally would recommend not getting a duplicate of the Raffle, purely because you can only get one item from it a day, and with anything luck-based, it will usually go against you. But again, it is what you want from the avenue itself that matters and should typically steer your decision on shops.

I literally JUST got to the join avenue in my Black 2 game, but I thought it might be interesting to people to know that I've made absolutely all my talking things (including the introduction and reaction on the join avenue) into variations of "Meeeooork!". Yah know, because like, yeah. Oh, and I gave myself the title "Fuzzy". Those who get the reference get an awesome cookie!

Anyway, this seems really interesting but it seems very complicated and Bulbapedia's information on the area is rather bare bones right now. Anyone know where I can find a good hunk of information on what each shop carries and what those things do? If anyone does find such a cache of information it'd probably be a good idea to put it in the OP for reference!

My Join Avenue is at Level 13, with 3 Dojos, a Florist, Market, Salon, Antique Shop and Raffle (will replace with Nursery after E4). The only reason I haven't finished the game by now is the Join Avenue, actually. It's quite addictive building the avenue o;

Anyway, this seems really interesting but it seems very complicated and Bulbapedia's information on the area is rather bare bones right now. Anyone know where I can find a good hunk of information on what each shop carries and what those things do? If anyone does find such a cache of information it'd probably be a good idea to put it in the OP for reference!
The best information regarding the stores and services, including the variations on each shop's items by what game is played by your shopper, I believe is Serebii's page on the avenue. It carries pretty much everything required for it, including the recommendations for people walking the avenue in both languages.

http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/joinavenue.shtml

Something that isn't mentioned on that page though that I've just found out from general browsing of sites and also through my Japanese version is that once the avenue obtains eight rank 10 shops, the entire avenue gets what looks like a 50% discount across all goods for a week.

But which shop is most useless in your opinion?:) I like dojo's and cafe's because of the lvl and EV services. But what the beauty parlor has (happiness and ev reduction) also happens at the combination of a cafe and florist. Rather have an extra dojo/cafe then. Same for raffle. How useful is the antique actually?

But which shop is most useless in your opinion?:) I like dojo's and cafe's because of the lvl and EV services. But what the beauty parlor has (happiness and ev reduction) also happens at the combination of a cafe and florist. Rather have an extra dojo/cafe then. Same for raffle. How useful is the antique actually?
I enjoy the antique shop because it's relatively cheap and you have the potential to get nice items.

On the other hand: Hard Stones
Hard Stones as far as the eye can see

Can you sr for what you get out of them or is it set for the day

Most useless in my opinion? I have to agree with the Beauty Salon as you have said, as it does encompass a lot of the features of the cafe with happiness and the florist with EV reduction services (although not nearly to the efficient standard of the Salon mind you). There's also the fact that the majority of the EV reduction berries are obtainable on Route 5 as well and for a competitive price. I don't think I've used any of the Salon services on my Join Avenue's at all.

The antique shops can be very useful but as R_N has also alluded to, also very infuriating in regards to you will receive a lot of Hard Stones from the cheaper items they sell. I currently have around ten days worth of Hard Stones accumulated from my rank 10 shop; currently totalling 87 of them. I think in the long-term, if you only buy the best few items in the shop, your strike rate for finding a good item will be remarkably higher than buying every item on offer like I do out of sheer habit, and you will make money out of the transactions with big like Nuggets and Pearls and just useful items in general.

I'm going to point out that you can resell Hard Stones to the ore collector for $500; this means that you can turn a profit on average, even if every single package contains a Hard Stone.

I'd call the Nursery most useless - yes, it should be incredibly useful. But the broken breeding mechanics mean that you're going to do any serious breeding in Black 1/White 1 anyway. So, unless you decide to trade all your eggs over...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)