Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

The Hunger Games draws close and with that I'm going to go ahead and release a little more information about the event and the map itself. The way we plan on divvying up the goods is a combination of how many kills you get and how well you place. The points will largely come from how many kills you get though, due to the possibility of people hiding until there's hardly anyone left. Like I've mentioned before, you only have one life on the map, so please don't go sleeping in any beds we've used for decoration. Spectators may be allowed ?_? but we don't know because I'd like this map to have a good life span and if people go poking in chests and buildings once they die, well...

As for the map, if you ever see cobble or oak wood those are slabs. Despite me telling you this, there will still be people who dig them up anyway. Think of it as natural selection I guess. If you want actual cobble and actual wood, look for stone and other colored wood respectively. Oak wood will always be slabs, and jungle/spruce/birch will almost always be planks (there's like one case on the map where this isn't true for decorative purposes). The map is also extremely dark, so pay attention to light sources! They usually lead you to goodies and possibly other players. One last note is to read and follow directions on signs because they may just end up saving your life. Of course we can't stop other players from removing or sabotaging them once the games start.

Definitely looking forward to the event!

Scheduled for October 27th, 10 pm EST, I think.

Sign up for it in the Minecraft Social Group thread, it gives us just a better idea on how we are gonna do particulars on the map and also how we do prize giving.

Rocket Grunt

✁ - - - - - - - - - -
is a Top Artist Alumnus
week 3
i think we should make it the beginning of week z
as in zero
weeks
lets get some kids together now
???

wait first i wanna take a shower

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
21:48 BUddha hey guys
21:48 BUddha hoq do i sober up
21:48 *** ult joined #smogcraft
21:48 BUddha i acnt slweep
21:48 BUddha i need to sober up
21:48 +++ ChanServ has given voice to ult
21:49 BUddha layell
21:49 BUddha hyow are youi
21:50 BUddha g2g taje s ashit
21:50 BUddha fkcing hlee
21:50 BUddha hell*************
21:50 BUddha unisd aweosme
21:50 BUddha awesome**
21:50 BUddha unis***
21:50 BUddha gfgf

Well we didn't get any oosos yet but this just happened.

21:48 BUddha hey guys
21:48 BUddha hoq do i sober up
21:48 *** ult joined #smogcraft
21:48 BUddha i acnt slweep
21:48 BUddha i need to sober up
21:48 +++ ChanServ has given voice to ult
21:49 BUddha layell
21:49 BUddha hyow are youi
21:50 BUddha g2g taje s ashit
21:50 BUddha fkcing hlee
21:50 BUddha hell*************
21:50 BUddha unisd aweosme
21:50 BUddha awesome**
21:50 BUddha unis***
21:50 BUddha gfgf

Well we didn't get any oosos yet but this just happened.
Oh my god Sid, you've turned into gk...

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
grumbler's teXXXture pack has the pumpkin overlay replaced with a scope for bows, but it also has all normal blocks as transparent so you could just take that and replace it in your own texture pack file

Could someone white list me for oo:SOS? Also yes a new tekkit server would be nice but should be one with no restrictions.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If the oosos server is up you may have noticed the big KEEP OUT sign, work is being done on the Hunger Games map.

I've been playing around with 1.4 and I'm really excited. I've been stocking up on iron and emeralds and I plan to make a very big beacon machine that will get me all of the buffs and be able to turn them on/off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)