Letters Approval & Index

If you are looking to write a Letter, please post here with your idea. Either Solace, Oglemi, or myself will approve, tweak, or reject the concept. Be sure to specify whether the letter pertains to a certain metagame or is general. If approved, please post here when your letter is ready for upload.

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I submitted one a while back about FWG cores in LC that I intend to revise and be uploaded.

I submitted a letter a while back about Stealth Rock in NU. Like RayJay, I intend to revise it for upload.

Orange Islands will be getting a hub soon, most likely in the next week or two. So, I'm opening this up for in-game letters as well~

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I know I have another letter that has to go through GP, but in the meanwhile would it be okay if I worked on a guide of how to take advantage of team preview? By that I mean what you can learn from team preview, what to be looking for, et cetera. It's something I'm very interested in doing.

@pokemon0078 I love that idea. Maybe add in a bit about determining what to lead with?

First of all, I love this idea. It seems like a great idea to get people (like me, actually) who are intimidated by the big process that you have to go through to create something, to write a moderately-sized piece.

Second off, can I reserve an in-game piece about Hidden Hollow hunting/finding/farming for the Orange Islands? If that's not available, how about a letter about the DW?

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I know I have another letter that has to go through GP, but in the meanwhile would it be okay if I worked on a guide of how to take advantage of team preview? By that I mean what you can learn from team preview, what to be looking for, et cetera. It's something I'm very interested in doing.
Yeah, however it'll need a lot of input from various players to make sure that what you've written is accurate.

@pokemon0078 I love that idea. Maybe add in a bit about determining what to lead with?

First of all, I love this idea. It seems like a great idea to get people (like me, actually) who are intimidated by the big process that you have to go through to create something, to write a moderately-sized piece.

Second off, can I reserve an in-game piece about Hidden Hollow hunting/finding/farming for the Orange Islands? If that's not available, how about a letter about the DW?
I'm pretty sure Hozu just wrote an article on the Hidden Hallows, unless you were going to just do a simple walkthrough version, which would then be fine.

If you're going to do one on the DW you'll also have to be careful to not overlap with anything that King N has already written too.

Can Molk and I work on Good Sets vs. Bad Sets in RU? It'd be something like:

Choice Scarf Typhlosion (bad) vs. Choice Specs Typhlosion (good).

I am interested in writing a GBU letter. I hope this may be the first in a series of letters I can write about GBU. Can I write it on "Utilizing Team Preview in GBU. Basically it will tell you how to analyze an opponents team( seeing which pokemon will be chosen) and how you can take advantage of team preview your self.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Sent a PM to Jellicent and seemed to get the green light but I'll post my idea reservation here. Namely, Spikes in GSC.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I am interested in writing a GBU letter. I hope this may be the first in a series of letters I can write about GBU. Can I write it on "Utilizing Team Preview in GBU. Basically it will tell you how to analyze an opponents team( seeing which pokemon will be chosen) and how you can take advantage of team preview your self.
Sent a PM to Jellicent and seemed to get the green light but I'll post my idea reservation here. Namely, Spikes in GSC.
Yeah you're both good to go, can't wait to see the results!

Would like to write a letter about the RBY UU metagame, I have just PM'd Jellicent to tell him about it as well.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'd like to do a letter about Hail in the BW UU Metagame, if that's ok. I'd talk about different playstyles, good Pokemon, etc.

Oglemi

Borf
I'd like to do a letter about Hail in the BW UU Metagame, if that's ok. I'd talk about different playstyles, good Pokemon, etc.
Yes, remember to keep it short though since this is a letter. If you'd like to go into more depth you should be looking at writing an article on it.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yes, remember to keep it short though since this is a letter. If you'd like to go into more depth you should be looking at writing an article on it.
I was just planning on mentioning the Pokemon in the paragraphs, not dedicating paragraphs to a Pokemon. Rough example: Offensive hail teams use Blizzards, good Blizzard users are X, Y, Z. X offers blah over Y, Y does this, Z does that. W is generally inferior. With that structure I don't see it being too long, but I guess if it is it'll just be moved to articles?

Oglemi

Borf
I'm sure that'll keep it concise, but yeah no matter what you write it'll end up onsite in some manner!

Yonko7

Guns make you stupid. Duct tape makes you smart.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Would like to write a letter on Rapid Spinning in RU n.n

Does it need to go through the process of QC? I'd assume so, but might as well ask.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
just realized i need to post for approval
anyway, LC's going to be working on a usage-based threatlist for the tier to be placed in the hub to help people get into the tier more quickly. as far as qcing goes each entry is probably just gonna be glanced over by lc qcers; they're threat list entries so it's not that big of a deal.
this is going in the hub and not articles because we plan to keep it updated from month to month usage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)