5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

What advances the PID frame?
It should be possible to RNG for iv's and retry until you get either female or whatever nature you want (same as entralink abuse).
There are quite a number of NPCs in the area.

Right I never said it was impossible. I did it myself twice...read my post carefully...

Hello everyone, I'm having issues with Entralink RNGing in Black 2 and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas.

I've been following religiousjedi's guide to a tee, and although I'm using RNG Reporter instead of PPRNG the concepts are still extremely helpful. My problem right now is that I can't even come close to hitting the right PIDRNG frame. I'm consistently getting the right IVs and Chatot pitches, so I know hitting my seed/timer0 isn't the problem. I'm turning on my timer right as I get into the Entralink and entering the "battle" with my target right when RNG Reporter says I should. According to the nature and characteristics I'm getting, I'm not missing by a few seconds but rather a few minutes. I could see where I would have to adjust for a few advances here and there but being off by this much just leaves me scratching my head.

Here are the details, if any are relevant:

- Catching a female Alomomola. I have two others in the Entralink but they've been moved to the deepest clearing.

- I'm confirming my seed by listening to 4 Chatot chatters, and adjusting the starting frame in the RNG Reporter main window 4 frames forward to compensate.

- I've saved in the Pokemon League where there should be no wandering NPCs or weather effects.

- I'm not starting the game with the C-Gear on, and I'm skipping the opening animation of it by mashing X to open the menu.

- Tried several seeds, all with the same problem.

Here is the setup I have in the main window:

If there are any ideas or further questions about what I'm doing feel free to reply, thanks! This looks like a good thread and I'll try to help out when I can as well.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Is it better to RNG on any particular DS system?
DS Phat/DS Lite. Usually turns out to be one second difference for seeds, unlike the 1-2 for DSi and 8 for 3DS. Also has a seconds hand on the clock in the DS menu, so you don't need to use an external timer (most of the time).

Hello everyone, I'm having issues with Entralink RNGing in Black 2 and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas.

I've been following religiousjedi's guide to a tee, and although I'm using RNG Reporter instead of PPRNG the concepts are still extremely helpful. My problem right now is that I can't even come close to hitting the right PIDRNG frame. I'm consistently getting the right IVs and Chatot pitches, so I know hitting my seed/timer0 isn't the problem. I'm turning on my timer right as I get into the Entralink and entering the "battle" with my target right when RNG Reporter says I should. According to the nature and characteristics I'm getting, I'm not missing by a few seconds but rather a few minutes. I could see where I would have to adjust for a few advances here and there but being off by this much just leaves me scratching my head.

Here are the details, if any are relevant:

- Catching a female Alomomola. I have two others in the Entralink but they've been moved to the deepest clearing.

- I'm confirming my seed by listening to 4 Chatot chatters, and adjusting the starting frame in the RNG Reporter main window 4 frames forward to compensate.

- I've saved in the Pokemon League where there should be no wandering NPCs or weather effects.

- I'm not starting the game with the C-Gear on, and I'm skipping the opening animation of it by mashing X to open the menu.

- Tried several seeds, all with the same problem.

Here is the setup I have in the main window:

If there are any ideas or further questions about what I'm doing feel free to reply, thanks! This looks like a good thread and I'll try to help out when I can as well.
What is your target PID frame and what nature are you receiving?

DS Phat/DS Lite. Usually turns out to be one second difference for seeds, unlike the 1-2 for DSi and 8 for 3DS. Also has a seconds hand on the clock in the DS menu, so you don't need to use an external timer (most of the time).
Ah, I figured that would be the better option. Not to mention it's 10x easier to set the time with an external timer. Thanks for the input.

Hi. Is it worth trying to RNG for a Hidden Grotto Ditto in Giant Chasm even if I haven't played through the entire game yet?
I'm just past the point where you fight White Kyurem / Ghetsis (no spoilers pls), haven't done anything else.
I have not been in any Hidden Grotto so far, but the problem I'm seeing is that there are some on the map that I cannot visit yet - I'm assuming they're full since I'm already pretty far into the story (walked a lot of steps), but I don't know for certain.
Any ideas?

Hi. Is it worth trying to RNG for a Hidden Grotto Ditto in Giant Chasm even if I haven't played through the entire game yet?
I'm just past the point where you fight White Kyurem / Ghetsis (no spoilers pls), haven't done anything else.
I have not been in any Hidden Grotto so far, but the problem I'm seeing is that there are some on the map that I cannot visit yet - I'm assuming they're full since I'm already pretty far into the story (walked a lot of steps), but I don't know for certain.
Any ideas?
It's been a while, but if you've already visited Route 9 or Opelucid City, then you're very likely to be fine. It doesn't really matter what the status is of the grottos after Giant Chasm (when I was RNGing them I did them backwards starting from Route 18 and ending at Flocessy Ranch and I sometimes forgot the status of the downstream grottos), but you do need to know the status of the ones prior to Giant Chasm (assuming they're full sounds ok since you're far into the game).

Hey guys, does anyone here have some sort of guide to RNG Therians? I think i saw someone saying that he/she managed to RNG them...

Hey guys, does anyone here have some sort of guide to RNG Therians? I think i saw someone saying that he/she managed to RNG them...
If you're using PPRNG (Mac), link's near the top of the first post.

If you're using RNG Reporter, then no, because you can't RNG them yet.

What is your target PID frame and what nature are you receiving?
My target frame is 66, the Impish/Alert to sounds. I just got Careful/Capable of taking hits twice in a row - first instance is frame 301, almost 5 minutes ahead, and even ignoring characteristics the first feasible non-skipped Careful nature is at frame 139, about a minute and a half ahead.

By the way, for the characteristics the IVs are 31/31/31/13/31/31.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
My target frame is 66, the Impish/Alert to sounds. I just got Careful/Capable of taking hits twice in a row - first instance is frame 301, almost 5 minutes ahead, and even ignoring characteristics the first feasible non-skipped Careful nature is at frame 139, about a minute and a half ahead.

By the way, for the characteristics the IVs are 31/31/31/13/31/31.
Give me your parameters please and allow me to check on PPRNG. By the way, that seems way too low of a target. I can almost guarantee you will miss that particular PID frame.

Give me your parameters please and allow me to check on PPRNG. By the way, that seems way too low of a target. I can almost guarantee you will miss that particular PID frame.
Sure, here they are:

Game: Black 2 (English)
System: DS Lite
MAC Address: 0022AA018089
VCount: 82
GxStat: 6
VFrame: 6
Timer0: 1104

Thanks for looking into it. As for not being able to hit the frame, I can usually hustle up and get into battle within 14-15 seconds, are you concerned about other factors advancing it too far to compensate for?

I'm trying to RNG a Landorus, but I can't hit my seed.

this is my seed:

This is my frame:

I change the date in the DS and write the seconds in EonTimer, I also press the button presses. However, when I enter the game, chatot's cries just don't match at all with the ones listed in RNG reporter. What am I doing wrong?

religiousjedi

Old man.
Sure, here they are:

Game: Black 2 (English)
System: DS Lite
MAC Address: 0022AA018089
VCount: 82
GxStat: 6
VFrame: 6
Timer0: 1104

Thanks for looking into it. As for not being able to hit the frame, I can usually hustle up and get into battle within 14-15 seconds, are you concerned about other factors advancing it too far to compensate for?
I think I see the problem, but just in case...in order for me to confirm, I'll need the seed data (i.e. date, time, key presses)

What am I doing wrong?
Wandering NPCs, from the looks of it.

religiousjedi

Old man.
Ok -

Seed: B2053ED15E8A1961
Date: 12/02/12
Time: 02:33:24 (I enter the game at 23 secs)
Keypresses: Right-X-Y
Actually, frame 139 does have the characteristics for the Careful nature you stated:

If we disregard the characteristic though, the closest Careful nature is frame 80. Remember, even though it says "Skipped," you can still hit such a frame. My suggestion might be a bit archaic, but I suggest increasing the second at which you engage the battle. Try to see if you detect a pattern with the natures.

Actually, frame 139 does have the characteristics for the Careful nature you stated:

If we disregard the characteristic though, the closest Careful nature is frame 80. Remember, even though it says "Skipped," you can still hit such a frame. My suggestion might be a bit archaic, but I suggest increasing the second at which you engage the battle. Try to see if you detect a pattern with the natures.
Interesting. RNG Reporter gives me a different characteristic for frame 139 (Often dozes off), and I've triple checked the IVs on it. Must be a problem in at least one of them. Based on the PID RNG Reporter gives in that frame (F618D87E) the characteristic is calculated correctly, maybe the programs are giving different PIDs?

I will go up a second at a time though and see if I can find a pattern though, thanks for the suggestion.

religiousjedi

Old man.
Interesting. RNG Reporter gives me a different characteristic for frame 139 (Often dozes off), and I've triple checked the IVs on it. Must be a problem in at least one of them. Based on the PID RNG Reporter gives in that frame (F618D87E) the characteristic is calculated correctly, maybe the programs are giving different PIDs?

I will go up a second at a time though and see if I can find a pattern though, thanks for the suggestion.
Yeah, I've noticed that about the differences in PID generation for both. It could even be that you are hitting frame 80. But yeah, go with that earlier suggestion.

Yeah, I've noticed that about the differences in PID generation for both. It could even be that you are hitting frame 80. But yeah, go with that earlier suggestion.
This was spot on. I found a nature pattern right around frame 80. Aimed for a higher Impish frame, compensated by about 13 seconds and nailed it right away. I'll know not to trust the characteristics for now. Thanks for the help! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)