5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Encounter Slot 5 Ability 0 Modest shows up on frame 48 for standard, and 47 for when there's a swarm.

I have my Adamant Munna with Synchronise in the first slot in my party though, yet it still turned out Modest, and that frame is showing as bolded (can be synch'd) on mine :/

Then you might want to double-check that it's the right Munna, because I doubt it's a coincidence that that frame matches up exactly with what you got.

Then you might want to double-check that it's the right Munna, because I doubt it's a coincidence that that frame matches up exactly with what you got.
I think we just found a mistake in the RNG reporter lol turns out that frame isn't synchronize-able, frame 72 is the one I wanted to hit for the right Axew, so I assumed that frame 48 was my starting frame, did 24 chatters, and I finally hit the Adamant Mold Breaker Axew I wanted on frame 72.

Basically frame 48 on this particular seed is just a modest nature that shouldn't be bolded.

I have a problem with RNG in black2.I tried many times and i'm disappointed.Maybe the problem is the timer0.In B/W 2 timer0 gets multiple values, I've calibrate several times and gives me prices from 1103-1108 for the moment.
From what I understand you should do tests with different values ​​of timer0 until you find one that will give you the most positive resultes.To odd cases is that there is seed that sometimes they are doing your job and sometimes not,in making you unable to find the right timer0.Specific example on my DS Lite my timer0 = 1106 and seed (1/16/13 - 22:59:53) in Stationary pokemon,worked 2 times (I chek it by grasping it with Master ball and because of that I did not save), and after that the RNG method never worked again for none seed of this 'timer0' value.

I have a problem with RNG in black2.I tried many times and i'm disappointed.Maybe the problem is the timer0.In B/W 2 timer0 gets multiple values, I've calibrate several times and gives me prices from 1103-1108 for the moment.
From what I understand you should do tests with different values ​​of timer0 until you find one that will give you the most positive resultes.To odd cases is that there is seed that sometimes they are doing your job and sometimes not,in making you unable to find the right timer0.Specific example on my DS Lite my timer0 = 1106 and seed (1/16/13 - 22:59:53) in Stationary pokemon,worked 2 times (I chek it by grasping it with Master ball and because of that I did not save), and after that the RNG method never worked again for none seed of this 'timer0' value.
That's timer0 trolling. It'll happen. You're going to have to live with it.

This also applies to PID/Shiny Frames right? As in, I do it once, and if my PID/Shiny frame is 538, I can still do 538 chatters to get to it?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This also applies to PID/Shiny Frames right? As in, I do it once, and if my PID/Shiny frame is 538, I can still do 538 chatters to get to it?
No, you need to find your initial starting frame (I have no idea how it works in RNGR, but it should be between 35-60), then do the difference in chatot flips. However, if you're in an area with WNPCs, they'll throw it off.

Baw, that bites. I was hoping I could use it confirm that I hit my seed, and then advance like normal. I know my starting frame, but I just need a way to confirm the seed before advancements.

Baw, that bites. I was hoping I could use it confirm that I hit my seed, and then advance like normal. I know my starting frame, but I just need a way to confirm the seed before advancements.
Chatot calls already do that.

And even though Sweet Scent itself doesn't advance the frame, the ensuing battle does so uncontrollably, so you couldn't do it that way, anyway.

I'm guessing you're thinking it's the same as HG/SS, where it'd advance by a specific number after the battle ended.

It's not. The frame continuously advances throughout the battle, like delay.

If Unova Link calibration doesn't work, is there an easier way to find my newly started Black 2's parameters than by getting to a point in the story where wild encounters' stats are specific enough to do regular calibration? That's what I did when I RNG'd the TID/SID of BW1, and it took a little while (and may not have been necessary). I'm trying to RNG a Genesect in a fresh cart and start it over with a calculated TID/SID.

So I haven't RNGed anything since HG/SS and am now trying to RNG a few things in White, but I can't even get my calibration parameters. These are my steps with an arbitrary time (using a 3DS btw)

1. I'm saved right in front of Volcarona
2. Settings > time > synced my 3DS clock to my computer's at 11/11/12 1:08:00 AM
3. Turn off my 3DS
4. Turn on my 3DS and wait until 1:09:00 to enter the game (Not pressing any buttons until the shooting star animation)
5. Enter the game (without turning on C-gear) and immediately battle Volcarona, capture, and enter its stats into the RNG reporter
6. I enter 11/11/12 1:09:00 for the time, and set the DS parameters to White, English, 3DS, and enter the MAC address
7. I hit search

13/14 times I've tried this, I got no results, only once did I get the following

Actual seconds: 6
Vcount: 88
Vframe: 3
time0 min 12cc
time0 max 12cc
gxstat: 6

However, I tried using these results, entering the game 6 seconds earlier than what reporter tells me, but I'm not hitting the right spread. I've also tried to enter these results in the parameter finder to see what seed I actually did hit, but I never get any results either.

Can anyone see what's wrong? Or is there a way to widen my search? I've changed the min/max seconds in the search for more than just 10 seconds, but I haven't gotten any results from this either,

Edit: I'm using reporter 9.96.5 beta and my MAC address is 58-BD-A3-32-C2-AE

As soon as you get the C-Gear, you can use Pokécheck to get exact IVs for calibration.
Thank you, but it seems that my ISP blocks Pokecheck. I had had similar problems with connecting to Pokecheck in the past. My android is out of power, but when it charges I can try to connect through it instead? (if I'm not misunderstanding how this works.)

Supposing that that doesn't work either, what is an appropriate level for gauging IVs in BW2?

EDIT: Possibly my problems come from Nintendo's side, since it is error 13275 (It isn't that it won't let me use GTS, it simply won't let me connect via wifi).

If you have another game and another (3)DS(i) you can catch a Pokémon at Lv. 11-12 in Virbank Complex and trade it and figure out its IVs there (Rare Candies, Judge, hidden power guy, etc).
~Uiru

Hmm, that's a good idea. I'm used to not saving after I catch the Pokémon for calibration, but when it's very weak Pokémon anyway, it won't be a problem. I can just trade them at once and get all my estimates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)