Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This glitch should only happen in hackmons/glitchmons, it's a minor glitch that's just a video bug, I'm sure it can be fixed quickly.
When using Bounce/Dig/Dive/The rest of them, combined with truant, you loaf off on the attacking turn, but remain displayed as in the air/underground. This gives the image to the play they can't hit you, even when they can. Not sure how this works in the games as it's impossible due to Slaking's inability to learn two turn attacking moves. Replay:
Replay
This was a random battle, happened to run into a guy testing the same thing

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Was battling on Valentine's Venture and got a bunch of weird errors, that were graphical at first but then prevented me from doing anything. Saved the replay here.
I would like to note that the same thing happened to me, but it was during a time that everything on PS seemed to be glitching. I mention it since I noted it to someone on PS earlier but we mostly passed it off as a glitch due to the server situation, this happening again makes me think it's a bigger issue.

So, whenever I leave the site, I have some problems. I don't know if these are supposed to be there or not, so I figured I'd post here.

1: My avatar changes. When I first signed up, my avatar was the girl from Platinum. I change my avatar to avatar 96 - Marley - when I get on the site. Every time I leave and come back, it changes to a boy that I've never had as my avatar.

2: When I first signed up, I made my name "RinaNichole" with no space. Upon realizing I could add a space to my name, I made it "Rina Nichole" with a space. Whenever I leave and come back after adding that space, my name is back to having no space.

Honestly, these problems are manageable.. it's just annoying to have to remember to change it back every single time.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
1. Avatars resetting is an issue that is being looked into.
2. When deciding what makes an "unique name", Pokemon Showdown only counts letters and numbers, so it sees RinaNichole the same as Rina Nichole/R I N A nichole/R
!!@#$!#$INANIC@#$^@#^@#$^hOLE/etc.

2. When deciding what makes an "unique name", Pokemon Showdown only counts letters and numbers, so it sees RinaNichole the same as Rina Nichole/R I N A nichole/R
!!@#$!#$INANIC@#$^@#^@#$^hOLE/etc.
Is this going to be changed at all, or is just something I have to deal with? As I said, I don't mind that. Just, it gets annoying sometimes. Non-mods ask if I'm an imposter, and it's tedious to explain that my name just changes each time.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Is this going to be changed at all, or is just something I have to deal with? As I said, I don't mind that. Just, it gets annoying sometimes. Non-mods ask if I'm an imposter, and it's tedious to explain that my name just changes each time.
I've added a space to your permanent name.

As for avatar resetting, that's something I plan to fix soon.

psyshock

While in random battle I had a Kadabra use psyschock and the opponent switched to a zigzagoon and it said zigzagoon was immune to psyshock.

I just tried a Kadabra vs Zigzagoon and he got KO'ed by Psyshock, so idk what happened to you. Next time save a replay to show the bug!

In double battle the pokémon on the right is like an enemy, and his ability and item aren't shown, and since it's in battle you can't check them in the team bar.
It only affects doubles randbats of course, but it's a bit annoying (for example when on second turn you find that your pokémon is choice locked)

Dimsun

VGC 2012 Seniors Champion
a used Substitute!
a put in a substitute!
a lost 25% of its health!
The foe's Mow-tom used Thunderbolt!
man lost 29% of its health!
The foe's Xburner used Earthquake!
It doesn't affect the foe's Mow-tom...
It's super effective! a's substitute faded!
It's super effective! man lost 48% of its health!
man used Counter!
The foe's Mow-tom lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Mow-tom fainted!
The sandstorm rages.
dimsun: wut
rk0912 sent out Virginids (Hydreigon)!

Another example of Counter/Mirror Coat targeting the wrong Pokemon. Xburner=Metagross, Mow-Tom=Rotom-C. Isn't it supposed to target what actually hit the Counter user?

Turn 14
You have 150 seconds to make your decision.
CatScatty left.
Player 1 has 120 seconds left.
Player 2 has 120 seconds left.
Player 1 has 90 seconds left.
Player 2 has 90 seconds left.
Shahnaz: .
Player 1 has 60 seconds left.
Player 2 has 60 seconds left.
Player 1 has 40 seconds left.
Player 2 has 40 seconds left.
Player 1 has 30 seconds left.
Player 2 has 30 seconds left.
Player 1 has 20 seconds left.
Player 2 has 20 seconds left.
Player 1 has 10 seconds left.
Player 2 has 10 seconds left.
shahnaz lost because of their inactivity.
CatScatty won the battle!
Ladder updating...
CatScatty's rating: 1382 → 1405
(+23 for winning)
Shahnaz's rating: 1576 → 1555
(-21 for losing)

Why.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Turn 14
You have 150 seconds to make your decision.
CatScatty left.
Player 1 has 120 seconds left.
Player 2 has 120 seconds left.
Player 1 has 90 seconds left.
Player 2 has 90 seconds left.
Shahnaz: .
Player 1 has 60 seconds left.
Player 2 has 60 seconds left.
Player 1 has 40 seconds left.
Player 2 has 40 seconds left.
Player 1 has 30 seconds left.
Player 2 has 30 seconds left.
Player 1 has 20 seconds left.
Player 2 has 20 seconds left.
Player 1 has 10 seconds left.
Player 2 has 10 seconds left.
shahnaz lost because of their inactivity.
CatScatty won the battle!
Ladder updating...
CatScatty's rating: 1382 → 1405
(+23 for winning)
Shahnaz's rating: 1576 → 1555
(-21 for losing)

Why.
You weren't in the battle...

I have no clue why you weren't in the battle, because you didn't post a replay, or even a battle log, because you didn't follow the instructions for reporting a bug. :/

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I think he's pointing out that neither player was active with the same time limit, yet one of them was picked to win via activity and the other was picked to lose, not complaining about having lost a battle. (Well, a little of both perhaps.) I assume "Player 1" is Shahnaz and there was a slight discrepancy between the two timers, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)