RNG NOC: GAME OVER

My conclusion is that you have done nothing but call people out for inactivity in every one of your five posts except for 1 (which wasn't a particularly spectacular post either). It's good that you're trying to get people to notice the inactivity, but it seems like this might just be an excuse for you to get a post in without seeming suspicious. Mind sharing your opinions and reads on some of the players who actually are actively participating?
Sorry for that. It's just the last one that I played I felt useless, and every time I stated my opinion, someone told me that I was stupid. So this game, I withdrew my opinion. But If you want it, here it is. ( NEI = Not Enough Information) Also keep in mind that I will not call people noob townies, because that would be hypocritical.

Aura Guardian: States how lynching him had a high probability of hurting the village, hops on Lightwolf's Yoshinite bandwagon, tells us all to hop on the Metal Sonic bandwagon, wants to stretch out day, votes box for bandwagoning, unvotes Metal Sonic twice, lynch votes CDT to pressure posts (starting a bandwagon by doing so), and says that an inactive village loses.
Opinion: Village. He is trying to get people to talk so he and lightwolf can find the mafia.
Blackhawk11: Bandwagons the FOS on Metal Sonic, then bandwagons FOS on box, offers his opinions, hops off both bandwagons, hops on CBT bandwagon, tells me that I am offering no opinions.
Opinion: Village, who likes bandwagons. Not so sure about him. He seems like he is trying to blend in.
CB Terrakion: NEI
Cereza: NEI
Celever: All I really got from him/her is that he/she skimmed the rules.
Eagle4: He has been trying to make people talk.
Opinion: Trying to get people to talk. Village.
Fire Blast: HEI. He seems like he posts to vote, and offered two posts of opinions .
Opinion: Trying to help, Village.
Gronkasaurus Rex: Tries to makes others look bad (Ombudd is talking to YOU!)
Opinion: Scummy, might be mafia.
LightWolf: NEI, but seems like he is trying to help.
Metal Sonic: Seems like he is trying to prove himself clean, but is becoming mafia bait while he’s at it.
Opinion: Village’s Best Mafia Bait Ever.
Obbmud99: I'm Awesome! (Joke)
Theangryscientist, Woodchuck, and Yoshinite will have to wait, I have to go irl.

Hi all, I apologise for my inactivity, I've been revising for my Ethics GCSE which I took today, so all's good. Anyways, since I'm here, I might as well give reads on every player so far. ^_^

Aura Guardian: He's been one of the more active members of this game, although that doesn't mean he's clean. In fact, I'd expect at least one of the mafia members to be active, but I digress. His posts have been decent so far, and to me at least, genuine. Really though, it's hard to get a read on him since his posts have been fairly neutral and with the flow of the village. His lists of reads on page 131 weren't really reads and moreso stating what the player has done in the game, but as I said, he seems genuinely interested in helping the village and encouraging others to post too, so I have a slight town read.

Blackhawk11: I don't know why but a lot of his posts seem very forced. His second post is needless and I assume it's just there to make him look like he's active. He then jumps on a Metal Sonic FoS bandwagon, and I heavily suspect that there could be some mafia involvement in that bandwagon since metal sonic is an easy target and I suspect that he has a power role, and is not mafia (just reiterating one of my earlier posts). Post number 68 is decent though and sounds townie. Then he goes back to posting needless posts to make him look active with post number 76, which is needlessly inflammatory. Post number 82 is where he again makes a worthless comment: "I noticed this too", but then follows up with some okay comments. Although his last comment is where I really think what he is saying is forced; he wants people with less than 3 posts to talk, yet most of his posts haven't been worth reading and so once again, he's trying to look active. He's basically valuing quantity over quality. Post 90 from him is good, and post 133 sorta contradicts himself with the way he has been playing. Right now he is slight scum but his posts have been conflicting, as he has made some good posts as well as his poor ones.

CBTerrakion: Yeah my vote is staying on him, and if he keeps on playing like the way he is, then I probably won't change my vote. He's posted virtually nothing, which was why I voted for him in the first place, as a pressure vote, but he still hasn't made a post which would convince me to take my vote off him. His reasoning has been weak, and so right now he is possible scum.

Cereza: For the few posts she has made, they have all been decent and pro-town, although that's all I have for her atm: probable town

Celever: His posts just reek of noob town. I know Celever from OI and he's the kinda guy who'd be not reading the rules, and doing all the types of stuff which noob town do. Of course, you could just say that he could be a noob scum, but I strongly believe that if celever was scum, he'd be panicking like heck. As townie as you can get.

Fire Blast: It's hard to get a read on him.His first post was ignorant of the fact that the roles have been randomised, his second post was ignorant of the fact that metal sonic is metal sonic (same with his third post), although his fourth post is a good 'un, even if I disagree with what he said about gronko at the end. For now, neutral.

Gronkosaurus Rex: So he votes theangryscientist without actually explaining why, and then in his second post and then his second post is quite scummy for several reasons. 1) Asks a lot of questions. Asking questions would be seen as scummy since you're giving others the impression that you're helping the village when you're not whatsoever. The fact that gronkosaurus gave opinions though means that it's not such a big scum read, and 2) Doesn't explain why he doesn't like AG's last post. His next post is decent and helps us, and so is his post after that. Anyway, he's become less scummy as the game has progressed (I really don't understand all these votes for him), and so I think he's possible town

Lightwolf: He slinked into the shadows after his initial post, but all of his posts have been decent so far and so I say probable town, needs to post more since he's vital for us as he's experienced (don't do a MftD DLE please)

Metal Sonic: As I've previously stated many times, his initial excitement is probably due to him having a power role (a power role of high importance most likely, and so I'd like the BG to go protect him for tonight if we even have one). So probable town. It actually scares me that Metal Sonic is more clever than a lot of us in the way he plays, as we have no real way of determinating whether he is scum or not, since he plays like a reject all of the time. Anyway, I suspect there's some mafia involvement when he was bandwagoned. One tip to him from me though:

Okay I'm really tired and I'll post more of my reads tomorrow.

(-_o)zzZ

Oh before I forget

FoS Blackhawk11

I believe that we've been assuming Blackhawk as village because he posts a lot, but yeah he's still scummy for the reasons I gave above

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
@cereza.
Also meta has uses.
as far as getting a few reads, yea. but other than that, it's useless. People, circumstances, roles...they all change. People can act a certain way all the time but that doesn't mean they'll always be town...or mafia. And that's something they can use to clear themselves if we use meta. So yea...we could use meta to get reads but even then, they would be shaky at most.

as far as getting a few reads, yea. but other than that, it's useless. People, circumstances, roles...they all change. People can act a certain way all the time but that doesn't mean they'll always be town...or mafia. And that's something they can use to clear themselves if we use meta. So yea...we could use meta to get reads but even then, they would be shaky at most.
The idea is that villager will overall act as villagers, but mafians will slip up or just be a bit "off" from what should be village. That's the point of them acting, that they can't keep it up forever.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
The idea is that villager will overall act as villagers, but mafians will slip up or just be a bit "off" from what should be village. That's the point of them acting, that they can't keep it up forever.
unless said mafia can pull off a facade, which I've seen happen before. Anyways, we're talking about day 1...most mafia can usually do under the radar for a phase or two.

Yo friends.

Ok I guess I have been a little annoyed that people have said my posts were suspicious/scummy without giving reasons why. And also the misrepresentation of my scumhunting and question asking by saying i am trying to make people look bad and turn people against each other makes me pretty sad = (
Which ultimately has made me less motivated to post

But now I will do a big post!

Reads; (i'm not the biggest fan of doing townreads [so this'll just be mainly on people I find null/scummy] js)

~ theangryscientist: His posts have been pretty lacking in content and he hasn't responded to questions that i've asked him. Actually just from reading his posts he literally has repeated something that someone else has said and/or demanded activity from idlers/lurkers in every post. The only post of his that I thought was remotely town was the one telling other people to not be too hasty to vote metal sonic. Also the buddy on blackhawk (post #150) appears pretty forced, especially when you contrast it with the lack of content in his posts.

Okay after reading his posts a second time I find him to be the strongest scumread I have ; unvote aura guardian

vote theangryscientist

~ Yoshinite; Idek what he is doing. He is bandwagoning and contributing only here and there, but he sounds like he knows how to play. I really liked post #86 though were he suspects celever for not reading the rules. Sounds pretty geniune. Actually just thinking about this, most of his posts sound like they come from someone who is scared about posting anything, which could be like inexperienced town or inexperienced mafia so this read is pretty null if you want me to whack a judgement on it.
@yoshinite; What do you think of aura guardian and theangryscientist?

~ blackhawk11; I quite agree with eagle4's read on blackhawk11 of slight scum although for slightly different reasons. It's mostly because blackhawk seems quite cautious in giving his scumreads or considering people to be scum but was super willing to hop on the cbterrakion bandwagon and some fos bandwagons earlier. Which seems to be a contradiction [look at #68 where he says he doesn't want a lynch vote and #126].

~ lightwolf; the tone of his posts reads quite town (although there isn't that much to go off) and I like how he says that cbterrakion's post doesn't cut it (example of the tone). Would hesitantly say town. But I would also like him to look at some other players and possibly put a vote down.
@lightwolf; what do you think about cereza, yoshinite and blackhawk11?

Oh @cereza just saw your last post. I generally like to use meta to say something is null. As opposed to saying something someone does is definitely town or mafia. If you think most scum can usually "do under the radar" for the first day, what do you think the scum mindset will be? Is there anything you think is doing that at the moment? (sorry if that's not clear not really sure how to phrase it, hopefully you get what I mean)

@auraguardian; What do you think about eagle4 and obbmud99's read posts?

Ok bye for now

I assume you are referring to posts 153 and 154...

Obbmudd99's reads seem decent, but they are a bit short for my taste. Then again, the thread is a bit short on discussion... I think he oversimplified what I was doing when he said I hopped on a bandwagon and later started one. I "started" the CBT "wagon" mainly as a prod, though I still want more posts from him before I go on to someone else completely, since his most recent post seems (memory is a bit vague, despite having checked it like 1 minute ago, lol) to be mostly "I don't know how to help, so I won't do anything much yet," though I recognize that is a bit of a simplification of what he said. It is still mostly a giant prod in spirit rather than a wagon, especially since I requested that it not go beyond a certain point. As for the early wagon Obbmud99 said I hopped on, LW's wagon of Yoshinite, LW had resolved the previous wagon to my satisfaction, and Yoshinite was bandwagoning, while I was something like the second person to go after Yoshinite, so it wasn't a wagon when I joined, but rather seeing a better target. As for Metal Sonic... that was more of a "read the title, and probably the rules, too" sentiment, which was reinforced by his general hyperactivity annoying me.

Aside from that (which was bugging me since Obbmud99 posted it, and I have been waiting for an excuse to comment on it since then), I cannot really fault Obbmud99's post, especially since it provides desperately-needed material to talk about.

-------------------------------------

Eagle4:

I think he is a bit hasty to generalize Lightwolf as town, I don't really see how Blackhawk11 contradicted himself, and given your activity, I think he might have been a little charitable to you, Gronkosaurus, though given your recent post, it might not have been unwarranted (without double negatives: it may have been justified). Other than that, his reads are his own, and while I might disagree a little, it is getting late and I see no major flaws in his reasoning, which means I'm fairly sure his post functions as it should - a conversation centerpiece that draws attention to people he views as suspicious.

Vote Count 1.7 (aka the "I know Talo was being naughty" vote count)

CB Terrakion (5): Aura Guardian, Celever, Eagle4, Yoshinite, Woodchuck, Blackhawk11, theangryscientist L-3
Gronkasaurus Rex (3): CB Terrakion, Celever, yoshinite
theangryscientist (1): Gronkasaurus Rex
Aura Guardian (0): Gronkasaurus Rex

Not voting: Cereza, Fire Blast, LightWolf, Metal Sonic, Obbmud99

Majority is 8 votes.

FoS count:

CB Terrakion (3): Celever, Yoshinite, LightWolf
Yoshinite (2): theangryscientist, blackhawk11
Gronkasaurus Rex (1): Aura Guardian
Metal Sonic (1): CB Terrakion
Celever (1): Aura Guardian
Blackhawk11 (1): Eagle4

Not under suspicion (8): Aura Guardian, Cereza, Eagle4, Fire Blast, Lightwolf, Obbmud99, theangryscientist, Woodchuck

The next Deadline Review is at 8:00 AM on May 15th (33 hours away).

Deadline is currently set at 8:00 AM on May 17th (81 hours away).

Everyone who has not posted since Vote Count 1.6 is being prodded since it's been over 24 hours since enough happened to justify a vote count.

Oh, that reminds me:
Un-FoS Gronkasaurus Rex, Un-FoS celever
They are no longer at the bottom of the posting pool
FoS Fire Blast, FoS yoshinite
Aside from CBT, they are at the bottom, though Lightwolf is also there, but we went through that with him already (yoshinite, too, but I don't remember anything about his posts, and I remember a bit about one of Lightwolf's, so I'm concluding that LW contributed more atm)

Eh, just remembered that Fire Blast's posts are much larger than LW's, so probably shoulda gone with LW and yoshinite, but it's small enough a difference that I won't really change my vote again for that, just mention it and keep it in mind for a future FoS or vote.

Blackhawk11

one on one
Obbmud's post seems pretty legit. I appreciate the reads. It's a bit short on details but I'll comment on it a bit. There are a lot of village reads, which is really a pretty similar place that my mind is at right now, so I can't fault you there. I think AG is a likely village candidate, so I agree there. As you go down the list it gets shorter, but I think it's a decent list and it's good to know where your thoughts are!

Blackhawk11: I don't know why but a lot of his posts seem very forced. His second post is needless and I assume it's just there to make him look like he's active. He then jumps on a Metal Sonic FoS bandwagon, and I heavily suspect that there could be some mafia involvement in that bandwagon since metal sonic is an easy target and I suspect that he has a power role, and is not mafia (just reiterating one of my earlier posts). Post number 68 is decent though and sounds townie. Then he goes back to posting needless posts to make him look active with post number 76, which is needlessly inflammatory. Post number 82 is where he again makes a worthless comment: "I noticed this too", but then follows up with some okay comments. Although his last comment is where I really think what he is saying is forced; he wants people with less than 3 posts to talk, yet most of his posts haven't been worth reading and so once again, he's trying to look active. He's basically valuing quantity over quality. Post 90 from him is good, and post 133 sorta contradicts himself with the way he has been playing. Right now he is slight scum but his posts have been conflicting, as he has made some good posts as well as his poor ones.
I definitely appreciate your post and I agree with most of what you said about the other players, but I'm going to reply to your read on me. I looked back over my posts and I agree, a lot have been pretty short with little info. I check the thread rather often from my phone so if I see something to say, I'll say it. I don't think that saying little things like "I agree with that" or "I noticed that too" is a worthless action, but I suppose that I can see where you're coming from. I don't expect anyone to make a large post with reads of other players with every post that they make, though I do expect it from time to time. I believe that every post is valuable, the most important thing is that people post so that the rest of us can get a read on them.

Anyways, on to a few others.
I slightly disagree with your read on Gronkasaurus Rex. I think that the scummy behavior in the beginning could be because of noob player not knowing how to play, as is the case for a lot of us. However, I don't think that he's really stopped the scummy behavior as much as you say. His latest post sounds decent, except for "being scummy =/= being scum." I think he got a bit too defensive over a point that didn't really make any difference. I would put him as very slightly scummy in my opinion.

Fire Blast hasn't received too much attention (that I remember reading anyway), so I'll give a bit of a read. I agree with you that there isn't much to go on, but I'm willing to give him a few posts (as I did Gronko) in the beginning to get his NOC feet wet. His latest posts have been pretty decent, it should be noted that analyzing/replying to Gronko has taken up the majority of his posts (I'm not sure what this would imply, but I'm just noting it). Other than that, I think he's supplied honest-looking reads and trying to do what he can. I'm gonna say Possible Village, but pending for now as there isn't too much to go on.

And I've taken long enough that there are more posts to reply to!
Specifically Gronkasaurus' post:
I guess I haven't made too many scum reads because I don't find too many people scummy. Also, my vote on CBT was to get him to L-3 or whatever, as AG suggested, to get him to actually say something. The plan was never to lynch CBT, just to get him in a situation where he really needs to join the conversation. I agree though that I have been bandwagonning a fair bit. I suppose I should try to get a bit more of my own thoughts into my posts when I vote.

About your reads:
tas: I think this is a decent read. tas has seemed to post in spurts without any large posts or really any good reads. he has been around mafia games (non-NOC) a lot so I feel like he should probably have a bit better things to say than what he has. I took his comment on my post to mean we need more of the three posts that I linked, but if he meant the exact post that he quoted, I'm not sure why we need more like that, and I'm not sure why he pointed it out. tas: mind clarifying?

yoshinite: I'm a bit suspicious of him. We now have two conflicting characterizations of celever's rule-readingness (the other by eagle), so I'm not sure if that's really a valid read by either of them. There isn't too much to go on so yeah it'd be good if he said something.

lightwolf: i'll pretty much agree, seems alright for the moment but definitely needs to say more.

Aaannnddd another big post by AG:
I mostly agree with everything he's saying, some of which I've already said. I think AG is one of my strongest village reads, but he's one of the most experienced here so who knows, he could be doing a good job of covering it up.

And I'm gonna post this without previewing it so that I don't see any more new posts. Sorry if there are typos or formatting issues!

theangryscientist

angry, not mad
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
tas: I think this is a decent read. tas has seemed to post in spurts without any large posts or really any good reads. he has been around mafia games (non-NOC) a lot so I feel like he should probably have a bit better things to say than what he has. I took his comment on my post to mean we need more of the three posts that I linked, but if he meant the exact post that he quoted, I'm not sure why we need more like that, and I'm not sure why he pointed it out. tas: mind clarifying?
I meant that to mean that we needed more thought-out posts, and posts in general, at that point. And yes, I have been playing mafia here for a while, but I have next to no experience with NOC, which is fundamentally different from what I'm used to.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Lynch Celever
He's normally very active, but he hasn't even posted. Mafia can afford to do that!
FoS Lightwolf
At least until he posts.
Lynch Box Unlynch Celever
Though this will probably draw suspicion to me, his immediate bandwagoning makes me scared.
Also on most of the posts hes made tgere was no explanation.
Lynch CBTerrakion
Just one hour after he was lynched by AG he posted. This causes me to believe that he could've posted whenever he wanted to, but decided not to. Once he realized he was bein targeted he immediately rushed to post without substance. Also @Eagle4 I think he was referencing to the huge post by Fire Blast regarding Rex.
Un Lynch CBTerrakion, but FoS him
I feel that by now CBT would've jumped to defend himself, but maybe he is a vanillager or something so he has no idea how to defend himself. However, he needs to post more so keeping the FoS
Lynch Gronkosaurus Rex
His posts are making no sense! What is the difference between scum and scummy? Every post he makes seems to be deflecting suspicion from him and moving it to someone else.
All of Yoshinite's posts have been with very little substance, and all of them seem to be cases of jumping in to reinforce the suspicion on one user or another. He (she? w/e correct me but i'll go with 'he' for now) moves to lynch Celever after Eagle4 posts a vote on him to make him talk. He later joins the lynch-Box-bandwagon after Box is called out for being quick to bandwagon on the Metal Sonic vote. Then Yoshinite makes a cursory read on Celever for playing dumb to look innocent, and most recently joins in on the general pressure that seems to be coming from most users upon CBTerrakion.

Each time, Yoshinite has made cursory reads/posts that haven't really done anything to further the discussion and could easily be made in order to align himself with the village as a mafia mole with no real intent of exposing scum. I would like to see Yoshinite make a real substantive post with reads and opinions on the more active players, as right now Yoshinite looks like scum trying to blend in.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Under Metal Sonic's decree,

Yoshinite is a good candidate for a lynch today.

At worst we lose a crap Vanilla Townie, similar to Box
At best we rid one(1) crap scum.

Lynch Yoshinite

I'd like everyone to agree on the top 3 town reads, especially from the information garnered on Day 1

I find

Eagle4,
Cereza
Aura Guardian

for town, in order of my perceived towniness.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I'm going to throw something kinda weird out here, but I was reading the rules again and I noticed this:
"3a. You may also vote No Lynch during the day; a No Lynch majority will result in no lynch."

If there would be a time to use it this would be it. I feel that right now there hasn't been an opportunity for some people to show that they are actually a mafia or not, since the first few votes have literally been a bunch of bandwagons and getting people to talk. If we go with a no lynch now then we can probably have a better chance of figuring out who the mafia are before they get more numbers on us. Box getting flipped did NOT help.

Anyway, it just seemed to make sense to me - but then it is me that we're talking about here.

Blackhawk11

one on one
Sure that's an option that we can consider, but we still have a lot of time to work out better ideas. We have an 11 to 3 advantage over the mafia, so even if we mislynch and the mafia kills one of us, we're still up 9 to 3 headed in to D2. With a lynch (regardless of hitting mafia) we get twice as much information (assuming a mafia kill) than we would have without one, which can only be a good thing for the future.

tl;dr We shouldn't be thinking No Lynch until the deadline's approaching and we can't agree on a good lynch.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Eh, yeah, that also makes lots of sense. The days last a week right? I'm wondering if that changed at all though with box being god-killed. I mean, we only had like 2 days on morning I think.
Also I want CBT to speak and like Blackhawk said getting a lynch off at this point is pretty much a win/lose for us villagers, but the win is so good I'm gonna have to Lynch CBT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)