2013 Spring Friendly

So now that International Challenges are over for a couple months, it's time to kick back with singles in the Spring Friendly!

Signup Date: May 9-16
Competition Date: May 17-20
Rules:
•Battle Format: Single Battle
•Rankings will be decided based on player Ratings at the end of the competition.
•Players may use only Pokémon found in the Unova Pokédex of Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2.
•Pokémon may not hold the item Soul Dew.
•Pokémon may not use the move Sky Drop or Dark Void during battle.
•For details, check the Rules section.
Also, although neither Serebii nor Nugget Bridge mention it, all Pokémon are set to level 30 according to the main Pokémon site. Players who participate in at least 5 battles receive two C-Gear skins based on Black and White Kyurem.

The tao trio (Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem formes) will obviously be big, but what else do you expect to see? Any interesting darkhorse picks?

Also, it would be lovely if someone put up a level 30 Speed tier chart. :X

I'll enter! Ferrothorn will be obviously high used since it's one of the few things that can claim to survive a draco meteor from kyurem-w.

PS: Why ban soul dew??!!

Quick question, can we use Metagross and/or Tyranitar, because I checked the Global Link website and it said that the usable pokemon are bound to only the pokedex of BW2.

Quick question, can we use Metagross and/or Tyranitar, because I checked the Global Link website and it said that the usable pokemon are to only the pokedex of BW2.
Those are both in the Unovadex for BW2, so both are fair game.

Better question is if the event legends are in or not.

Excited for this but it's a shame about no CP. There will be so many legendaries everywhere! I've never played this sort of tournament I missed that fun sounding rotation one.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Do you guys think Genesect will be allowed? I mean, it's technically in the Unova dex.
Yeah. All 301 Pokémon from the Unova dex can compete.

This will be a nice change of pace, though I'm stuck on team ideas. I don't really want to run legends. :/

I feel like Weavile is a good counter to a lot of the legends (all the Kyruem forms, Zekrom, and the genies). I'd say Mamoswine has a good role there too; the only real difference is that it can handle Reshiram, but not the Kyreum forms.

The only weather starters are Tyrannitar and Ninetales, and I can't decide whether sand rush Excadrill or a sun boosted, choiced blue flare from Reshiram will be more scary.

I don't like the legends being allowed at all, it makes me so paranoid when building teams to try and have a team in which everyone can counter Kyurem makes me leave holes elsewhere.

I'm trying to make a team with as little legends as possible, but I'll bring them into team preview anyway, because everyone will think I'll use them.

NOTE: I'd like to clarify that the rules do say select 3 pokemon, not 4. On some sites including Nugget Bridge there has been talk of 4 v 4 singles for this and that just seems weird. So make sure you are making teams of 3!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
NOTE: I'd like to clarify that the rules do say select 3 pokemon, not 4. On some sites including Nugget Bridge there has been talk of 4 v 4 singles for this and that just seems weird. So make sure you are making teams of 3!
http://pglhelp.pokemon.com/PDF/2013_Spring_Friendly/2013_spring_friendly_en.pdf
• At the beginning of each battle, players have two minutes to select four Pokémon to battle with.
It's likely that that line is an error (especially since it says your team can be 3 to 6 earlier in the rules), but that's where people are getting the idea from.

I actually like being able to use the legendaries. Sure, it makes teambuilding more complicated, but there's been tons of other opportunities to play without them and I was getting tired of tournament after tournament with the same rules.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
"At the beginning of each battle, players have two minutes to select three Pokémon to battle with"

nah dude, its 3s, straight from the pdf, line 9 of the rules
Huh, I did a hard refresh and now it says three. Guess they noticed the mistake and fixed it.

Hey does anyone know if the game will let you register your Battle Box even after the tournament officially starts? Never been in that situation, but there's no way I'll finish mine in time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)