Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what do you guys think about the new 5 on 1.. thing? Lol i mean i dont see what the whole point is of finding 5 pokemon in the wild at a single time other than for the sake of introducing a new encounter type.

Level 50 Froakies HP is 101 (shown in trailer). We can assume it has lower than 44 base HP, because range of 44 base HP is 104 (min) - 151 (max).
Level 80 Noiverns HP is 226 which means it has ~80 base HP. Aerodactyls HP is 218 to 242 (with neutral nature).

So what do you guys think about the new 5 on 1.. thing? Lol i mean i dont see what the whole point is of finding 5 pokemon in the wild at a single time other than for the sake of introducing a new encounter type.
GF said it was so people would not solo the game with just one pokemon.

GF said it was so people would not solo the game with just one pokemon.
Really? Thats an interesting concept. Make the storyline a lot longer by forcing the player to have many pokemon. I wonder how long itll take to actually travel through the whole region, considering its in 3D, and get to the post Elite 4.

Who thinks Noivern is this gen's pseudo-legendary, Golbat, or Druddigon?
"Who thinks this Pokemon is either powerful, everywhere, or mediocre?"
i.e.
"Who thinks this is a Pokemon?"

Level 50 Froakies HP is 101 (shown in trailer). We can assume it has lower than 44 base HP, because range of 44 base HP is 104 (min) - 151 (max).
Not worried at all. Torchic has base 45, Bulbasaur has base 45, Chimchar has base 44. Their final evolutions are OU or Ubers. It's gonna evolve.

The official site mentioned that you might be in trouble in horde battles if you don't have a move which hits more than one Pokemon. So I guess that will be another thing to think about strategically. I hope this turns out to be a Pokemon game with at least a little bit of challenge.

From pokebeach

A video of a Horde Encounter of Gogoat vs. five Houndour was shown. Gogoat knocks out a Houndour, but has to deal with an attack from all four of the remaining Pokemon. Gogoat uses Rock Slide - hits all four remaining, and knocks them all out. This gives you a large amount of EXP. Points.

Don't know if this has been mentioned already, but Talonflame looks like it could very well blow through some of the bulky Steel types that plagued Staraptor competitively [Skarmory, Metagross, Bronzong, etc] without needing Reckless. The reason I say that is because of the description of Talonflame on the Pokemon XY website:

"An evolved form of the recently announced Fletchling, Talonflame is a Fire- and Flying-type Pokémon that gains a whole new level of speed and firepower. It dives at foes, and then attacks with devastating kicks."

...Devastating kicks? Hmmm...leads me to believe this bird is going to learn Close Combat or some type of Fighting move. And it's pre-evo already learns a Fire-type move in Flame Charge IIRC. The site also states that Talonflame learns Brave Bird. If this is true, this bird's coverage will be near perfect since Fire/Flying/Fighting is devastating. Of course the biggest drawback is the 4x weakness to Stealth Rock, unless the SR damage calculation changes by some miracle.

I know I got a bit into the competitive side there, so I apologize if I wasn't supposed to. We'd have to see this things base stats as well. Either way, this thing looks way too cool and I am definitely throwing it on my in-game team if I do pick up XY.

imo, we'll have Xerneas being Psychic/Fairy and Yveltal being Dark/Dragon.
Hiro's rumors (which I see no reason to be wrong) say Xerneas is pure Fairy* while Yveltal is Dark/Flying

*Admittedly, it could have just been "It IS Fairy" instead of "It is PURE fairy"

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
lol Xerneas will wreak some havoc in Ubers!

I wonder if we're allowed to bring out multiple Pokemon in the field during these hoard encounters

I'm not liking Horde battles so far. How the hell are you supposed to survive a 5 v 1 battle? I mean, your Pokemon would always faint at the end of the turn with 5 Axew using just, like, scratch, let alone dual chop or dragon rage. Or do all five not get turn at once? Either way it seems way too challenging to take out five Pokemon at once - especially early game. Besides, it seems to go against the idea of double battles or triple battles when you send out only one Pokemon when you're up against five - who does that? "Five Axew? Better send out one Pokemon!"

The only way I could see this working is if the horde gets in a single file line and you take them one at a time. But then it's not really different from running into a wild Pokemon in five consecutive steps.

I have a feeling that Froakie (and its evolutions) will be especially helpful in horde battles, since they'll most likely learn Surf like all the other Water-type starters.

In the picture with Tauros and Miltank, they're level 14 and Fennekin is 25, so it's still gonna be tough and near impossible to end a turn without your mon fainting.

I know we don't have full details and blah blah blah, but how much more do you need to know other than it's 5 v 1? You're gonna take a lot of damage, you're gonna have a faint, you're gonna use A LOT of PP, and it's only one wild encounter.

In the picture with Tauros and Miltank, they're level 14 and Fennekin is 25, so it's still gonna be tough and near impossible to end a turn without your mon fainting.

I know we don't have full details and blah blah blah, but how much more do you need to know other than it's 5 v 1? You're gonna take a lot of damage, you're gonna have a faint, you're gonna use A LOT of PP, and it's only one wild encounter.
well technically it's 5 wild encounters
just at once

and really you're probably e: NOT going to be attacked all at once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)