Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...nobody thinks that Fairy types are weak against Dark types? How is it that nobody thinks that there may be some primary type interactiviy between Xerneas and myself that could be mutual? The leaker may not have known about all of the Fairy type's typing matchups, or he may have forgotten something, you can't just assume that Dark types will only hit Fairy types neutrally/ineffectively until officially proven otherwise.

So...nobody thinks that Fairy types are weak against Dark types? How is it that nobody thinks that there may be some primary type interactiviy between Xerneas and myself that could be mutual? The leaker may not have known about all of the Fairy type's typing matchups, or he may have forgotten something, you can't just assume that Dark types will only hit Fairy types neutrally/ineffectively until officially proven otherwise.
Their types don't have to be balanced. Look at Kyogre and Groudon.

Assuming the remaining Pokebeach rumors are true, I'm going to guess that Geo Control and Death Wing are dual-typed moves, being something like Fairy/Ground and Dark/Flying, respectively.

Assuming the remaining Pokebeach rumors are true, I'm going to guess that Geo Control and Death Wing are dual-typed moves, being something like Fairy/Ground and Dark/Flying, respectively.
That would make sense. Maybe Z would be Poison/Electric...ok now I feel really off.

I don't mean that it HAS to happen, but there's likely some way that they balance each other out, and it must be something more interesting than one of them being a mono-type and the legendary face of Fairy types. Yveltal's ability to hit anything with Dark type techniques harder than anyone before it only goes along with Xerneas being able to hit anybody with a Fairy type move harder than anyone PERIOD, so I feel like there must be something more to why they gave them those types.
...unless they wanted to make a worldwide message about the gift of life winning over destruction, in which case F*CK.

a mono-type and the legendary face of Fairy types. (...) Xerneas being able to hit anybody with a Fairy type move harder than anyone PERIOD
Don't be too quick to overlook Fairy-type Arceus (for which we're likely to get a new Sylph Plate or something like that) and its Fairy-type Judgment attack.

Since they draw inspiration from rotation and reversal, it would be cool if the first stage was Psychic/Dark and the second one Dark/Psychic. Has it been confirmed that both are Dark/Psychic?
Meh, I would have LOVED that they little one would have had Fairy/Psychic as it's typing, just to switch to the dark side as it evolves (seriously I can't take that little fellow seriously as a dark type, it's just to darn cute). Also I wish they had Water Absorb or Storm Drain if only to make up for their utter lack of resistances

Just quoting this for emphasis. Not so much the dual-typed moves, but the part where they don't have to be balanced. GF tends to go for some overriding theme rather than just type equality, it seems.

Fairy Xernaeas and Dark / Flying Yveltal were kind of obvious as soon as the Fairy type was revealed, so no surprises there. I'm still curious to see how exactly these dual-typed moves get implemented, though.

I'm really annoyed that the evil team only has a purpose to make money that's dumb. I was thinking they were going to introduce a new team with goals part from making money like in gen 4 Cyrus wanted to create a new world and gen 5 team plasma with pokemon liberation and gen 3 with eco- terrorism I am seriously annoyed at Game freak for having the same generic storyline that will appeal to only 5-10year olds. I hope the have a good reason to make the team like this and should have a plot which pleases every age groups apart from kids.

I'm really annoyed that the evil team only has a purpose to make money that's dumb. I was thinking they were going to introduce a new team with goals part from making money like in gen 4 Cyrus wanted to create a new world and gen 5 team plasma with pokemon liberation and gen 3 with eco- terrorism I am seriously annoyed at Game freak for having the same generic storyline that will appeal to only 5-10year olds. I hope the have a good reason to make the team like this and should have a plot which pleases every age groups apart from kids.
Unless I'm mistaken, wasn't this Team Rocket's sole goal as well, as the Kanto and Johto mafia and all? I personally think its a nice return for the series to its roots.

Honedge with no guard means I can FINALLY use StoneEdge(I'm going to assume he can learn the attack) without it missing all the time. I have the worse luck with that attack...

Yveltal and Xerneas: Typings aren't surprising at all and we'll have to wait to see what their abilities actually do. What I'm more interested in is that they are the Life and Destruction Pokemon respectfully and their signature attack animations. I really like their species being Life and Destruction since I've been waiting for the Life and Destruction/Death themes. Death Wing looks like a giant laser being fired which is cool, but Geo Control looks really interesting. It's almost as if Xerneas was performing alchemy.

Goronda: Wasn't exactly what I was expecting Pancham evo to look like, but I do like. I also like how it's sort of wearing a trench coat.

Maika and Karamanero: I'm glad the rumors were true because I've been waiting for a Dark/Psychic type. Maika is nice, but Karamanero sort of freaks me out. lol It also looks like the offspring of Ursula from The Little Mermaid and The Penguin from Batman. xD

Shushupu: At first I didn't like it, but then I started reading that it's probably based on the plague doctors and I really like the concept. Hopefully it evolves into something really cool.

Peropuff: Omg it's so derpy! xD I really like it and it's probably my favorite out of the bunch.

Rest of the info:
Version exclusives doesn't really bother me since I'm getting both games. I really like the Prof., he reminds me of those anime characters that's always smoking a cigarette and really smart, but really lazy. I really like Team Flare and their design since orange is my favorite color. I also like that they have a simple goal. The new gym leaders are cool, but I'm sort of disappointed that it looks like we will another Rock type gym.

Considering the leaker knew & likely had to actively test Fairy match ups, it would be mighty odd to just overlook a dark weakness in addition to being SE against it

wait a second.

guys... with shushup... was perfume/good scents in general not used to hide the smell of decaying bodies by the plague doctors? plague doctor thing is obvious because nose and aromatherapy, which heals status ailments. posies in particular were stuffed in pockets to make people smell better/apparently helped protect against the plague [aromatherapy again]. that's where the nursery rhyme comes from.

ring around the rose-y
a pocket full of posies
ashes
ashes
we all fall down

pretty self-explanatory; ashes were burning the bodies, 'we all fall down,' blah blah blah.

but the 'new' version of this rhyme replaces 'ashes' 'husha' or 'hush-up'
and we have shushup.
so this thing's very name references the plague that killed like half of europe.

HELLO?

We really haven't had a team that has just wanted to make money. Closest we had was Team Rocket but that was with the Game Corner.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
How do we know we haven't already received some top-tier walls? Let's not forget Honedge here - even if it does end up somewhat frail (doesn't look like it), Steel/Ghost is still an amazing defensive typing. There's also the possibility of Gogoat and Noivern being pretty bulky. Heck, we haven't even seen the evolved forms of some of these Pokemon either.

How do we know we haven't already received some top-tier walls? Let's not forget Honedge here - even if it does end up somewhat frail (doesn't look like it), Steel/Ghost is still an amazing defensive typing. There's also the possibility of Gogoat and Noivern being pretty bulky. Heck, we haven't even seen the evolved forms of some of these Pokemon either.
Something tells me the sword with No Guard isn't going to be incredibly bulky

nor does Noirvern, the somewhat frail looking skinny dragon

Doesn't the badge for the ground type (I'm guessing) looks like a chocolate bar? Its on the bottom right hand corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)