Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pangoro is really going to need some unexpectedly amazing stats and a fantastic movepool to not just become a lesser Scrafty who has very good stats/movepool/abilities already. I think some peoples expectations of him are a bit high right now.

i thought it was them dressing extravagantly to show that they had a buttload of money?

I think it's that too, I was just saying that Flare could be used as an adjective to describe someone who acts cool. But hey, rich guys need to get the money from somewhere, right? Those orange suits though. Looking like a Bad K/J-pop Boyband..

I think Trevor having Inkay, Tierno Pancham, Shauna Spritizee X and Swirlix Y and Calem/Serena having opposite starter.
I think Trevor and Calem/Serena will be the main rivals with the starter pokemon which we haven't picked.Trevor with pokemon weak to our pokemon and Calem/Serena with pokemon who are strong against our starter pokemon.Tierno and Shauna may get any pokemon that are available early in the game or maybe with other pokemon that related to them.Tierno is said to be interested in incorporating dance moves for his pokemon.Maybe he will get a pokemon that is related to muisic or dance.Shauna will either get a Fairy type or any other pokemon like fletchling.

Pangoro is really going to need some unexpectedly amazing stats and a fantastic movepool to not just become a lesser Scrafty who has very good stats/movepool/abilities already. I think some peoples expectations of him are a bit high right now.
nah man just you see he's going to have like all the defense and attack AND speed and his move pool will be amazing and he'll be super OU just like Honedge will get wil o wisp and have amazing defenses and and and and

I think Pongoro is going to be pretty bulky and speed less .It might have high attack and defense and low special attack and speed.
Spritzee looks pretty cool . Might be taken in my team because I'm most likely going to buy Y .I think Skrelp is better than clauncher because having poison type in your team is good because Fairy might be weak to poison and steel.Anyway I'm picking fennekin as my starter.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
I think Pongoro is going to be pretty bulky and speed less .It might have high attack and defense and low special attack and speed.
So he would be Scrafty? Cause I think they'd try to make him a little more unique rather than rehash something they did last gen (3 times actually with Scrafty, Throh, & Conk.) He'll probably be like base 80-100 Speed or something decent. He may not look horribly fast but we all know the Base 100 Miltank looks like a speed machine, Base 105 Electabuzz is just built for speed with its short little legs and bulbous body, and Regigigas can definitely keep up with Entei & Zapdos. Heatran and Mamoswine can also be called out on their speed and don't get me started on Excadrill.

Hmmmm I was thinking the Panda would no doubt have low speed but yeah I forgot about Miltank and Slaking. I want to say he'd just have good HP, high Attack, good defense maybe alright Special defense and bad s.attack and speed but hey. If he has good speed I won't complain.

But I dunno man. He looks slow and a lot of fighting types are also slow sooooooo yeah.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
New users read this: double/triple posting is against the rules. Next person who does it will be infracted by a moderator.

Remember that Pangoro learns Parting Shot, that could make it a decent Choice Bander, and its speed wouldn't matter that much, since it would spamming attacks on switches or scout with PS and let someone else do the job.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Dang, you leave one week for a scout camp and news bloom up everywhere (It'll take a while to get used to the new forum layout)...

Thinking about it, we've seen quite a bit of X and Y already, especially when it comes to Pokémon. I mean, we've seen 26 already, plus Newtwo. Adding unseen evolutionary relatives, the number gets closer to 40. That's not too shabby three months before release.

oh fuck right I forgot about Parting remark. If that move does what everyone think it does I think he could be super sick just because of that one move. Really.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
LAWL, the guys that drew those were the webmaster for Pokebeach and his friends. They did this before when they went to the Zoroark movie and saw Victini on screen for a couple of seconds, and the doodle was equally as funny and unhelpful as their current impressions of the "spider-tree". They reported that they ran out of the movie theater with some scribbles that they made in about six seconds to take pictures of their notebooks and threw them online.

EDIT- NMx13, it was confirmed to be a Grass/Ghost ^_^ is A MYSTERY~
I totally agree, LOL

Why would they want to draw it in the first place?
I don't even... think it can be considered as a sketch/ doodle...

They should have sent someone with better drawing skills-- they should know pretty well that it's time that some new Pokemon are going to be in the movie.

And neither do I agree Pokebeach that the new movie has no meaning.
I think they are sending a message about GMO's. (Genetically Modified Organisms)
Mewtwo told the Genesects many times that all of them shouldn't exist.
So basically Mewtwo dislikes the fact that she's GMO and hates her life.
(And look at all the shock the people are having after they hear that Mewtwo's GMO)

Ppl from Pokebeach should learn to think deeper than that.
Pokemon movies aren't stupid.
Even Mewtwo Strikes Back is basically sending a message about cloning. (At least in the Japanese version)
Lugia movie was about ecosystems and exploitation (and La Nina).
Lucario one was also ecosystem based.

I'm getting confused by the sketches. We now have at least 3 that seem relatively detailed. The one I posted earlier and these:

From serebii.net

They have some similarities, but also some key differences. I'm guessing that the Pokemon must have been shown for a very short time for people to draw it that differently. I prefer the one from serebii. At least it looks more like a ghost type than a dark type.

And neither do I agree Pokebeach that the new movie has no meaning.
I think they are sending a message about GMO's. (Genetically Modified Organisms)
Mewtwo told the Genesects many times that all of them shouldn't exist.
So basically Mewtwo dislikes the fact that she's GMO and hates her life.
(And look at all the shock the people are having after they hear that Mewtwo's GMO)
"..."
Pokemon movies aren't stupid.

If the movie is actually concerning itself with GMO's, then it certainly is stupid. The target audience hardly knows anything about biology (although they are a perfect target for anti-GMO indoctrination). I don't think a Pokemon movie is the place for such a dialogue.

The Oorotto sketch Serebii posted seems to be more representative of the design. There are obviously more distinct features that were missed in the other sketches. I'm curious how there is only one sketch (that I know of) which depicts Oorotto as a cyclops, while the others have multiple eyes. I'm anxious to see what we're really dealing with here. If it is a tree cyclops with arachnid appendages, I'm going to be ecstatic.

Pancham line officially supplants Teddiursa line for cute -> badass bears. This might be the first generation I don't even bother keeping my starter around if they keep throwing around these wonderful designs.

<_<
While I would like to say that it's silly to think that all cartoonists write their material solely for small children, as many cartoon shows (though never the majority of them) do have content that make them viewable and relatable by parents...
Stop talking about the anime
>_>

I'm a little unnerved that there is no direct consensus on what Orotto looks like, because you can't quite tell who was/wasn't paying attention and who might be trolling, but as a force of habit, I'm inclined to put the most of my faith in the design that looks the least like anything else you've ever seen with the same design origin. Game Freak has gotten pretty good in recent generations about putting their monster designs on their own level.

Um actually I'm pretty sure Pokemon movies are stupid. But who cares man they are good fun for those people that would watch........such things.

Treee guy looks badass anyway. Probably Grass/Dork/Emo type or Grass/Ghost

I wonder how much Dark/Fairy aura is going to boost. Will it be like the plates and boost by 20%? Or will it be like Life Orb and boost 30%? Either way, they're gonna hit exceptionally hard. Rayquaza will cower in fear at the sight of a Fairy Aura + Life Orb boosted Geo Control.
Been thinking about this, having "balanced" legendaries (assuming fairy is SE against dark), and that there are more "dual type" attacks. Anyone want to bet Geomancy (geo = earth) doesn't hit fliers or levitators? I am betting this is a good chance to keep Xerneas from owning Yveltal. Is it just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 3)