Fuck. I have no words.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Guy does an entire legit Solo run of FRLG with a Magikarp.​
(beat that #orangeislands)
Now I know, Stat items, duh but this fucking shit is more mind-numbing than laddering the Showdown ladder for like 2 weeks without even taking a piss break. Mad props.​
Fuck the elite four bit, at least he was over-levelled, I can only imagine his pain in the earlier Gyms.​
WATCH HERE

He gamesharked rare candies. If you pause it at 1:05, when it shows his bag, he has rare candies in two different slots. That happens when you already have a rare candy in your bag when you use a gameshark code to gain more. That's how he did it in 24 hours.

Still impressive, though.

His cheating to get rare candies doesn't really bother me as long as he only used them a few times early to get past the vicious difficulty there and maybe a couple here or there in there later levels just because grinding at the point would make me go insane.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
His cheating to get rare candies doesn't really bother me as long as he only used them a few times early to get past the vicious difficulty there and maybe a couple here or there in there later levels just because grinding at the point would make me go insane.

In Ironic contrariness, wouldn't be legit otherwise, since it's a solo run, he couldn't have done a shared EXP training. And that Fish is useless before it gets tackle.
He admits to have Rare candied him to ~Level 15 for tackle.

All levelling after that was done naturally.

To lessen his HP to get a power boost from Flail.
Good point, I was wondering that myself until it was like duh, using it counts as a legal "move" for the turn and you can't use one you've maxed out on the stat.

Won't lie, I forgot briefly that Struggle hits anything for damage regardless of type, was kinda wondering how he was gonna make it past Agatha until I saw that lol.

In Ironic contrariness, wouldn't be legit otherwise, since it's a solo run, he couldn't have done a shared EXP training. And that Fish is useless before it gets tackle.

Surely it's possible to level with Struggle and a bunch of Potions...

Surely it's possible to level with Struggle and a bunch of Potions...
how? he'd run out of money for potions. even if he never spent any of his starting cash on anything except the magikarp [$500] and got the free one in the pc as well as sold all of his sellable items, he'd still have to endure 41 turns of being hit to even launch an attack. and it'd be an attack of 50 base power with no STAB coming off of a base... what, 20 attack? it'd do nothing and he'd take recoil every turn.

edit dammit tyts lolol

Oh, ok. That makes sense. Then that is truly the most impressive thing I've seen all week.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I legitimately believe that you would run out of potions and there's not enough money that early in the game to be able to do that.
I think you are underestimating man's willpower. Here's a link to a trou thread that was way too creative to go to trou, yet mods wanted to keep peppering that forum with stuff that didn't belong there. I present to you, How to train your Magikarp.
Of course, god only knows how long it would actually take to do this; certainly you wouldn't be beating the game in under 24 hours if you tried the struggle approach.

Stone RG

Megas are broke
Rofl, lemme bow before this guy, I've seen a HG/SS solo run with sunkern but magikarp is on a whole new level, now may i wonder, is it even possible to solo run HG/SS until red with sunkern solely, or any non-legendary or pseudo legendary for that matter? (without using items of course)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)