Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread - Mark 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone took a shot at Spirit Camera? It looks really interesting and I wanna take a shot at it (I <3 Fatal Frame)

i just got a 3ds. Please name the top 10 games that i should get. (i already have animal crossing new leaf)

Super Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion 2
Fire Emblem Awakening
Kid Icarus Uprising
Resident Evil Revelations
Shin Megami Tensei 4
SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked
Etrian Odyssey 4
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

Speaking from personal experience and review scores.

KnightoftheWind gave a pretty good list (I've spent over 300 hours between Fire Emblem, the 2 SMTs and EOIV), I guess if you wanted to replace one of those you have OOT3D or maybe Project X Zone. I haven't played Dream Team yet but if it lives up to its series' reputation it will be a serious contender.

i just got a 3ds. Please name the top 10 games that i should get. (i already have animal crossing new leaf)
There are good eShop games that are worth checking out too. Pushmo and Crashmo are great puzzle games. If rhythm games are your thing, Harmoknight is supposedly pretty great and has some good Pokemon game music on it. Also people seem to like Mighty Switch Force a lot but I don't know much about it or its sequel.

So yeah, just saying.

Mighty switch force is absolutely amazing

Get both of them for like $15 and enjoy two of the most original and fun platformers

see my earlier post for the MUSIC, also

I didn't finish it yet but KH 3D is pretty cool

Mehh on Mighty Switch Force, I have it on Wii-U and it's clever but getting more rapid switching than puzzle solving from where I am in the game. The Zelda Oracle games are must haves if you never owned them, Pokemon Dream Radar can be fun enough if Face Raiders tickled your fancy plus more Pokemon. Everyone should get Gunman Clive, it's $2 and great shooting fun and fantastic drawn western art-style. I am told it's really short but for two bucks it's been a good ride and with different characters and difficulties

image.jpg

Yes please.

it looks hideous, but it's actually brilliant marketing. it will appeal to parents with young children who fear the affects of 3d, or those who want to experience 3ds games at an affordable price. as someone who has my 3d disabled often, I do believe this can be successful. I'm just curious how comfortable it is. Even though it looks uncomfortable and painful to hold, I expect it to be very ergonomic since Nintendo does that best.

[11:41]OmegaDonut: I guess you could just put a cover over the screen if you still wanted to use it for VGCs
[11:41]OmegaDonut: like the folders they made us put up in elementary school to keep kids from cheating off each others' tests

otherwise its kinda eh to me. how the hell am i gonna fit that shit in my pocket? is this the first move toward a nintendo tablet??

[11:41]OmegaDonut: I guess you could just put a cover over the screen if you still wanted to use it for VGCs
[11:41]OmegaDonut: like the folders they made us put up in elementary school to keep kids from cheating off each others' tests

otherwise its kinda eh to me. how the hell am i gonna fit that shit in my pocket? is this the first move toward a nintendo tablet??

yeah I mean I'm not sure it's really designed for portability. If it is marketed for kids their mom could fit it in their purse or something. The vid does show the usual Nintendo carrying bag though.

Apparently people say it feels really nice to hold.

Nobody has an excuse not to pick up a 3DS now...

Yeah, I mean if you already have one then that's the only reason you wouldn't get the 2DS. Like Faint said it's more for little kids who need their parents to carry it in a bag or something, or you could just use the carrying bag they gave with the DS. Also unrelated is there a Wii U thread or not? I mean I know there's probably not much to discuss but jw.

Yeah, I mean if you already have one then that's the only reason you wouldn't get the 2DS. Like Faint said it's more for little kids who need their parents to carry it in a bag or something, or you could just use the carrying bag they gave with the DS. Also unrelated is there a Wii U thread or not? I mean I know there's probably not much to discuss but jw.

The bag is sold seperately for like $13 iirc

Anyone else love Mario and Luigi Dream Team!! I'm not too far into it but man I'm seriously diggin it. The music is amazing, the combat is perfect and the expert challenges give meaning to the regular old fights, with me trying to perfect everything.

Seriously, the -one- thing they maybe did wrong was a bit too much talking, but honestly thats so minor when you look at everything else. I love the whole series, and this game isn't letting me down :D

If you've never played a Bit.Trip game before, get Bit.Trip Saga (which includes Beat, Core, Void, Runner, Fate, and Flux) now while it's only five dollars. If you look back fondly on pre-NES games, or are just looking for something immersive and addictive, GET THIS GAME! Heck, Bit.Trip Runner alone is well worth $5, if nothing else.

Everyone should get Gunman Clive, it's $2 and great shooting fun and fantastic drawn western art-style. I am told it's really short but for two bucks it's been a good ride and with different characters and difficulties
Late, but this game on Duck Mode... dear God.

Etrian Odyssey V demo is out. Get it. Play it. It's good.

Edit: I'm ~5 hours in and very serious about this recommendation. EO4 felt a tier below Awakening and SMT4 in terms of top 3DS RPGs, but EOU is right there in the top 3. Demo data transfers right into the actual game (although Classic isn't available, but I'm gonna play the story first anyways) so you essentially can get the game half a month early. The difficulty is really accessible on standard, and there's a mode easier than that if you want it. The soundtrack is fantastic (even though the demo has less than optimum quality or something) and OST will be bundled with every copy of the game.

Last edited:
So after moving to college, I'm finally in an area where streetpass is usable. Are the games you have to pay for any fun?

Being taken to a smaller forum has not been kind to this thread.

Did anyone else notice Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is 50% off in the eshop? 20$ man. 20$. I hadn't planned on buying this till waaaaay after X and Y came out, but 20$ man. This game is gorgeous. Took forever to download though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back