5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
hey im on black 2 trying to rng the shiny gibleyou get after completing the black tower but ive been trying for like 5 hours and cant get my seed. is there anything diffrent that i have to do since gible is always shiny or am i just getting trolled by the timer zero. (ps, i did evrything said to bedone in the smogon guide.)
The main question is, are you getting the IVs you expect and the nature is wrong, or are the IVs wrong? If the IVs are wrong, you are hitting the wrong seed (wrong timer0), and you need to use the adjacent seed tool to search for which seed you are hitting. That will help you know if you are just having Timer0 issues or whether something else is wrong.

I just tried this, I've been RNGing eggs in White before, but I never tried to go for a Shiny offspring, so I wanted to give it a try.

- I'm using version 9.96.5 of RNG Reporter;
- I was trying to hatch a Shiny Charmender, using international parents: I got them from Pokecheck, both of them got 31 IVs in every stat;
- Seed was CD66BABA0423CEAD , frame 63; MAC is 9BF344773;

So basically I set the parents IVs in the time finder, selected the desired IVs for the offspring (==31 IVs in all stats but Special Attack, "None" in Special Attack), found a seed, (I checked "Shiny only") and proceeded as usual.
I did manage to hit my seed, and calculated my SSF.
I then proceeded to try again to advance to the frame I wanted (marked as a "Shiny frame"), and managed to get it.

So the result was an Adamant Male Charmender, so I knew I hit the right frame, but it was no shiny.
I was wondering what the problem may be, since it seems I did everything right, I hit my seed, I got the offpsring I wanted, but even though that frame was marked as a "Shiny frame", I got a regular offspring instead.

If any other information is needed to be provided, feel free to ask, of course.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that in Time Finder, I also checked "International Parents" too, ofc.
I also selected "BW (International)" as the Method.
Keypress not involved.

I just noticed my ID and SID are both "0", btw. I'm not sure wether or not this information may be useful, but I'm reporting it anyways.

Last edited:
I just tried this, I've been RNGing eggs in White before, but I never tried to go for a Shiny offspring, so I wanted to give it a try.

- I'm using version 9.96.5 of RNG Reporter;
- I was trying to hatch a Shiny Charmender, using international parents: I got them from Pokecheck, both of them got 31 IVs in every stat;
- Seed was CD66BABA0423CEAD , frame 63; MAC is 9BF344773;

So basically I set the parents IVs in the time finder, selected the desired IVs for the offspring (==31 IVs in all stats but Special Attack, "None" in Special Attack), found a seed, (I checked "Shiny only") and proceeded as usual.
I did manage to hit my seed, and calculated my SSF.
I then proceeded to try again to advance to the frame I wanted (marked as a "Shiny frame"), and managed to get it.

So the result was an Adamant Male Charmender, so I knew I hit the right frame, but it was no shiny.
I was wondering what the problem may be, since it seems I did everything right, I hit my seed, I got the offpsring I wanted, but even though that frame was marked as a "Shiny frame", I got a regular offspring instead.

If any other information is needed to be provided, feel free to ask, of course.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that in Time Finder, I also checked "International Parents" too, ofc.
I also selected "BW (International)" as the Method.
What were the parents?
Also it would help if you could post some screenshots. It could just be that you forgot to tick a box or something.

What were the parents?
Also it would help if you could post some screenshots. It could just be that you forgot to tick a box or something.
The parents where a Japanese Shiny Charizard (I know Shinyness of the parents won't affect the Shinyness of the offspring, I'm just mentioning this for completion) with 31 IVs in each stat, and an Italian Shiny Charizard, 31 IVs in each stat too.

As for the "box ticking", I'm pretty sure I did everything correctly, eheh!
To be honest, I lied. I DID try to hatch shiny offsprings, in the past, and always got this very same problem. I manage to hit the seed and the desired frame, labeled as a Shiny one, but the offspring is not Shiny. I didn't mention this earlier because the OP states that only the most up to date version of RNG Reporter must be considered, and I made those attempts over a year ago.
I'll try to provide screenshots too, if necessary, anyways.

Last edited:
It looks like you just forgot to enter your TID SID in your profile so just go to pokecheck, upload a pokemon and check it's details. Then try again.
I KNEW IT! It had to be something like that lol Thanks for the fast answer, I'll be back later, hopefully reporting success!

EDIT: Success! lol
I'm sorry I was so dumb, I even understood why I forgot about ID and SID: years ago, when I started RNGing, I read a guide here on Smogon. Basically, if I remember correctly, the guide stated something like "If you're not interested in hatching Shiny Pokèmon, skip the ID - SID part" and I was like "yessir!", so I skipped it... And completely forgot about that. XD
Thanks for the help, that was truly appreciated. :D

I removed the pictures, for better readability of the thread.
Thanks for answering the spoiler question too!

Last edited:
Trying to get this shiny heatran:

Sorry if that's a little hard to read, so here is the seed:

BF6A3B2E31BFF877
Frame: 71
Shiny Frame: 236

I am using BW2.

So, when I plug the seed into the first window of the RNG reporter, my starting frame is 1, and the frame with the spread I want (31/30/30/31/31/31) is on frame 71, so I would need 70 chatot cries to reach that frame. But where is the part that makes this frame shiny? How do I hit the shiny frame?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Trying to get this shiny heatran:

Sorry if that's a little hard to read, so here is the seed:

BF6A3B2E31BFF877
Frame: 71
Shiny Frame: 236

I am using BW2.

So, when I plug the seed into the first window of the RNG reporter, my starting frame is 1, and the frame with the spread I want (31/30/30/31/31/31) is on frame 71, so I would need 70 chatot cries to reach that frame. But where is the part that makes this frame shiny? How do I hit the shiny frame?
No, you would have to walk 127?(sorry, I forgot the exact number) to advance the frames by the amount of pokemon in your party.

Your shiny frame is the one you advance by using chatots.

So yea, you don't want that. Do another search and set your min/max frame to 1.

Thanks. I knew I was missing something important.

Does opening the menu for repels advance the frame? Can I advance using Chatots first to see if I hit my Timer0?

Does opening the menu for repels advance the frame? Can I advance using Chatots first to see if I hit my Timer0?
No, it does not. And yes, using custom Chatot cries is a common and fast way for seed confirmation.

Do not forget to calculate your starting frame.

Ok, and one more question:

How long do I need to hold the press buttons for? From the same time I enter the game to the Nintendo screen or GameFreak screen?

From my preliminary experiments, RNG as we knew it in 6th gen isn't going to be as easy in 5th. I tried four times to get the same Xerneas by locking in the time at 21:00, launching the game at 21:35 and loading the file at 22:05 and got different results each time. Now, there could be a dozen different variables as to why that is. Once the game is dumped someone who knows a lot more about this will find out for sure.
~Uiru

I am using RNG Reporter version 9.96.5, and I'm trying to capture a shiny female Eevee. I do everything I'm supposed to do, but after I do my chatters and sweet scent, the wrong pokemon shows up. What does that mean?
I've only done one successful RNG, and that was a stationary pokemon and was also quite a while back, so all of this is still a little foreign to me.

Last edited:
I am using RNG Reporter version 9.96.5, and I'm trying to capture a shiny female Eevee. I do everything I'm supposed to do, but after I do my chatters and sweet scent, the wrong pokemon shows up. What does that mean?
I've only done one successful RNG, and that was a stationary pokemon and was also quite a while back, so all of this is still a little foreign to me.
What were the IVs of the pokemon you caught? If the IVs match the target pokemon then all you need to do is look at the PID frames and find out which frame you landed on and then recalculate the number of advances you need to do.
It's probably just the wondering NPCs messing with the RNG.

...capture a shiny female Eevee...
The only place in BW(2) you can catch Eevee is the secret spot in Castelia City. It may not look like that but there are actually a lot of randomly moving NPCs. As Ausgirl said, when the IVs match with your prediction, the Timer0 is correct. We still do not recommend to continue because they screw with your PID frame hard; unless you are prepared for a world of frustration, of course.
Will reconfirm this; until that, this statement remains worthless.

Amanita's Eevee is fair game, expect for it not being able to be shiny.

Last edited:

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The only place in BW(2) you can catch Eevee is the secret spot in Castelia City. It may not look like that but there are actually a lot of randomly moving NPCs. As Ausgirl said, when the IVs match with your prediction, the Timer0 is correct. We still do not recommend to continue because they screw with your PID frame hard; unless you are prepared for a world of frustration, of course.

Amanita's Eevee is fair game, expect for it not being able to be shiny.
I've abused multiple Pokémon in the Castelia park and I have never noticed any wandering NPCs. I think his problem is hitting the correct Timer0.

So I'm going to try and rng the Shiny Giratina that you get from gamestop. But because it's shiny do I need to know my secret ID before rnging? or is it just treated as a regular pokemon since it's always shiny?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
So I'm going to try and rng the Shiny Giratina that you get from gamestop. But because it's shiny do I need to know my secret ID before rnging? or is it just treated as a regular pokemon since it's always shiny?
Just click on the always shiny box and you're set. And you treat it as a regular wonder card, there is a difference ;/

So I knew how to RNG for wild Pokemon and Legendaries and such in Black 1, and when I got Black 2 most people were saying that RNG in Black 2 was impossible (not actually, just really random) and nothing would come of it. This was when the game came out. What I want to know is, has RNG in Black and White 2 been worked out, and can I RNG for the Genesect that was available right around when I got the game? I never picked it up because I am leaving it as an RNG project. However I want to play through Black 2 again as I do not have a 3DS and will not be getting one anytime soon (I would get Y.) I do not want to lose the opportunity to have an RNG'd event Genesect, as I could clone and trade that for some very good Pokemon.

What I want to know is, has RNG in Black and White 2 been worked out, and can I RNG for the Genesect that was available right around when I got the game?
Everything but breeding should work now in BW2. Event mons are just fine, we have never spot any difference between BW and BW2.

Everything but breeding should work now in BW2. Event mons are just fine, we have never spot any difference between BW and BW2.
Are you sure? Because the problem I heard was that the seed is just too random in B2/W2 and people were saying it couldn't be done. I believe you, but I went to that page and nothing seems to be different than from when I had started trying to RNG a while ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)