Pokémon XY Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Pikachu gets a Mega Evolution I will punch somebody.

Raichu on the other hand would actually please me.
Poor raichu gets so overlooked thanks to pikachu's mascot status...
Having Ash's Pikachu fight or get stomped by a mega Raichu would be pretty unnerving!

So combing through the past few pages of this thread before class I've gathered this so far:
- The only starter Megas are the ones revealed, unsure of any more including gen 2 starters, swampert, etc
- The whole 69 new pokemon thing is 10000% confirmed? No trio

Also has anyone really found any really meta defining pokemon stat wise yet?

Been lurking here for the past week, hungry for leaks.. Just wanted to throw you guys a pointed question.

If Aegislash uses King's Shield, would a Pokemon using Feint be able to get past it? (This is assuming that said Pokemon has already used Foresight or something to that effect.) Would the same likely be true for Spiky Shield or the other new Protects? Just wondering in case I ever come up against an Aegislash in game and don't have a hard counter to it.

ooh, I'm a Darmanitan.
Since Aegislash is a Ghost-type, Feint will probably always fail against it.

Since Aegislash is a Ghost-type, Feint will probably always fail against it.
Foresight exists. Scrappy exists. As well as the possibility that Feint may not be the only move that does its effect with the increased emphasis on Protect. Feint has been basically useless since it was introduced, they probably noted that in their look at the competitive scene, good chance that they're looking to fix it.

Last edited:
Foresight exists. As well as the possibility that Feint may not be the only move that does its effect with the increased emphasis on Protect. Feint has been basically useless since it was introduced, they probably noted that in their look at the competitive scene, good chance that they're looking to fix it.
It was sometimes used in VGC doubles. Just because it's not used in singles doesn't mean it didn't see some use.

Only 68 pokemon, only 3 legendaries, no trio, zygarde's poor stats and typing against Y and X.... Something isn't right. They are saying a lot about DLC on Pokemon, ya know, I just hope this doesn't happen. But surely some things are yet to be revealed. I'm almost sure pokemon Z (if it happens) will bring a new form for Zygarde, something more ferocious.

Maybe it was obvious then, but I've only just realized this.. Zygarde's STABs are useless each against Xerneas and Yveltal.. which really bugs me.

All of that depends on whether you're using Xerneas and/or Yveltal. And whether you have way too much dark or fairy-type moves. Aura Break seems really easy to get around as is, just use a non-dark or a non-fairy type move! :0

But yeah I was mostly talking thematically. Like, Zygarde is the pokemon of order, and balances out life and death in a neutral way by not affecting either of them, but putting them in check with its ability. Chaos pokemon, on the other hand, would most likely be strong against either of them while having an ability that either makes it easy to be taken advantage of or serves only to support itself. Or so that's my theory, anyways.
This is true, but since we're talking about Zygarde vs. Yveltal/Xerneas I assume a set-up as such.
Using a non-Dark/Fairy move means that you're not hitting it's obvious weakness, hence it offers some degree of protection, don't you think?

• I don't believe we know the multiplier for Fairy Aura.
  • It could be a reverse addition (subtraction), which would be -50%, sure. It could also be a reversed (or rather, inversed) multiplier, which be -33% instead. Game Freak usually prefers multipliers over adding another term, but that's not absolutely.
I would assume that the multiplier would be the same, to unbalance them both would be silly, unless of course they're considering that fact to not make a Fairy-team as powerful.

We can't be entirely sure, however for them to say "reversed" alone implies that one of these calculations is present, and in doing so makes Zygarde a lot more appealing than just to have him negate the effects, you can't deny that.

Correct me if I'm wrong here. Assuming the auras have a 1.5x boost:
Regular Super Effective = 2x damage
Regular STAB Super Effective -> 1.5 x 2 = 3x damage
Aura Boosted STAB Super Effective -> 1.5 x 1.5 x 2 = 4.5x damage
Aura Reversed Super Effective -> 2 / 1.5 = 1.3x damage
Aura Reversed STAB Super Effective -> 1.5 x 2 / 1.5 = 2x damage (which is what a non-STAB move would normally do.)

So assuming Zygarde's ability reverses the auras, Xerneas and Yveltal just lose STAB against Zygarde, would still probably hurt. Assuming this applies to everyone in the party, basically anything that uses Fairy/Dark STAB just loses it. This would only really affect anything that isn't a Fairy/Dark type using moves of those types.

I'm assuming that when either X/Y or Z dies, everything should go back to normal though.
Assuming STAB is lost, and that all that is dealt is SE damage at x2, that's certainly better than being hit x3 or x4.5, I think despite Zygarde still being weak, it can be used tactically.
Furthermore, as you say, it would reduce SE damage to x1.3 from non-STAB candidates, thus making other Dark/Fairy users without Dark/Fairy typing effectively hit it for near-normal damage.

__

In the end, I'm not trying to suggest that Zygarde is going to be something to be scared of, however, underestimating your opponent is never a good thing.
Plus, I figure this would be a good thing to bring up, as I saw people glaze over Zygarde's ability as a simple "negate".

Maybe it was obvious then, but I've only just realized this.. Zygarde's STABs are useless each against Xerneas and Yveltal.. which really bugs me.
Heh.. Bugs.. Like because it's a giant larvae-thing.

I think it's sort of a nice twist, with one of the trio being submissive, however, I don't doubt that he'll acquire some form that would change his typing putting him above Xerneas and Yveltal, and I'm assuming a movie would probably be made for it..

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Most probably. That's one of the things that keeps the post-game going. If all mons were to be found before the end, then he post-game would be really short.
Thing is, they sort of want the post-game to NOT keep going. They want it to feel a little lacking, keeping players to wanting more after finishing X and Y. Come spring, I think we'll see the announcement of "XY2", which of course will have a rich post-game and feel like a lot more complete game than X and Y. X and Y will only offer a taste of the sixth generation, to get the full experience you should buy the follow-up game(s). By the point this is announced, all those who initially wanted X and Y have probably bought it already. Carefully calculated profit maximization is at play here...

Only 68 pokemon, only 3 legendaries, no trio, zygarde's poor stats and typing against Y and X.... Something isn't right. They are saying a lot about DLC on Pokemon, ya know, I just hope this doesn't happen. But surely some things are yet to be revealed. I'm almost sure pokemon Z (if it happens) will bring a new form for Zygarde, something more ferocious.
"They" huh?

What Items are in the game? did they remove anything like the choice items? I noticed that you cant transfer Items over from B/W so they might be getting rid of some Items.
also, What kinds of new items have been confirmed?

The nature of the mewtwo is lonely. Mega mewtwo y's base should be 106 130 90 200 120 154
If true; my $50 on the table.

They succeeded.
I'm not sure but I heard this from others.
FYI the stats you posted are wrong, the actual stats are 106 HP/150 Atk/70 Def/194 SpA/120 SpDef/140 Speed with %100 certainity.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokémon-xy-data-collection.3489182/#post-4868705
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokémon-xy-data-collection.3489182/#post-4868896

FYI the stats you posted are wrong, the actual stats are 106 HP/150 Atk/70 Def/194 SpA/120 SpDef/140 Speed with %100 certainity.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokémon-xy-data-collection.3489182/#post-4868705
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokémon-xy-data-collection.3489182/#post-4868896
194 Special Attack... holy Volcarona, that's specialized! Pun entirely unintended when I wrote it, but noticed in retrospect.

They dreamed of creating the world's most powerful Pokemon... and they only got halfway there.

Wait, so these numbers are confirmed? (The ones that aren't ranges)
Only MegaMewtwo Y's stats are known for sure. The rest in that thread are estimates.

EDIT:
is this more powerful than life-orb mewtwo? can't do the maths
It's slightly weaker.

252 SpA Life Orb Mewtwo Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mew: 192-227 (56.3 - 66.56%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA (custom) Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mew: 177-209 (51.9 - 61.29%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)