Pokémon XY Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Under the laws of Nintendo's informational embargo, that will not be lifted until 12:00 AM this Saturday, revealing any information about the contents of the game (even the game manual) is in violation of copyright laws. Any party found violating the embargo, whether it be a store selling the game, or even Josh or Kanpachi, can have their copies of the game confiscated under violation of an Informational Embargo, and can be charged with copyright infringement. No parties whether public or private currently have the right to disclose in-game information until this Saturday.
This is not copyright infringement.

Considering Mawile's paltry base stats, they probably focused on putting the 100 extra stats into its defenses while letting Huge Power make up for its attack because there is no way that +100 to it's BST would actually make it decent. Without Huge Power it would still kinda suck, it's stats are just that low. But boy, Huge Power really does make up for that... Watch it will just end up with 110/110 defenses (+25 Def, +55 SpD), and +10 in SpA for no reason and +10 in speed.

50/85/85/55/55/50 -> 50/85/110/65/110/60 with Huge Power = worthy of being called Mega.

Ideally the random 10 I allocated into SpA would go into Def (or even Spe I guess...), but I must factor in GameFreak's trolliness (what's up with Mega Gardevoir getting a boost to it's Atk?)

**These stats are just my predictions, please do not get confused and spread lies and blame me**

Last edited:
Seems like every Mega Evolution so far except Gyarados maybe (well the type change isn't that ideal) is pretty significant. I hope Ampharos gets a good treatment, one of my underrated (flavor-wise) favorites :S. Apparently no one cares enough to post stats or even obtain one...

TROP

BAN DRUDDIGON. FIREWALL DRAGON DID NOTHING WRONG
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Seems like every Mega Evolution so far except Gyarados maybe (well the type change isn't that ideal) is pretty significant. I hope Ampharos gets a good treatment, one of my underrated (flavor-wise) favorites :S. Apparently no one cares enough to post stats or even obtain one...
Stats of Mega Ampharos were actually posted a few days ago.

Mega Kangaskhan with that "Parental Bond" ability is somewhat scary, not knowing what the ability fully entails.

This is not copyright infringement.
Part of Nintendo's copyright bill on Pokemon X and Y states that "No parties may disclose any information regarding the contents of the product with out legal consent." we've already been told from numerous sources that Nintendo has strictly enforced this.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=213668

^The same story was covered by various online sources, so whether it's technically Copyright Infringement or not, people can still get in big trouble for it.

The only people that have had legal rights to disclose information on the game are Nintendo, and the people that have been provided review copies. Reviewers were only allowed to disclose certain information, and had to send their copies back after a certain date to help prevent leaks. Obviously, that wasn't enough to prevent leaks.

Stats of Mega Ampharos were actually posted a few days ago.
Hmm no kidding, I'd take a stab at the BST but seems like EVs would affect it too much at that level (assuming it came from a level 10ish mareep or something)

Edit: 103/59/59/83/68/47 would be normal neutral nature amph at that level with max IVs. Looks like HP/speed/spdef are the same and it gets a huge spatk and decent defense and attack boosts. Maybe that'd make it around 90/100/100/165/90/55 or so. Well-rounded special tank

Last edited:
I wish someone would find Mega Kangaskhan. :( It already has good HP, perfect for a Mega Pokemon. They could easily add 25 to each stat except Special Attack and it would be a monster. Fake Out is also so good for it. It guarantees a clean Mega Evolution, and if it works with Parental Bond, an 80 BP STAB flincher every time you switch in is crazy!!!!

Someone find it, now!

Whoa, hold up. I never even considered that until now. Due to the way Mega Evolutions work, Mawile would already have to be out on the field to mega-evolve, which means Intimidate would already have fired. This means that Mega Mawile effectively has BOTH Intimidate AND Huge Power!
This is why I don't understand how is MegaGengar going to be a trapper! Since; when it enters the battle, it will have levitate; and in order to actually TRAP something it needs to megaevolve; what if the opponents switches before I megaevolve it!?
What happens first!? Switch or megaevolution!? If megaevolution is first, will it be enough for the pokémon to get trapped!?

I wish someone would find Mega Kangaskhan. :( It already has good HP, perfect for a Mega Pokemon. They could easily add 25 to each stat except Special Attack and it would be a monster. Fake Out is also so good for it. It guarantees a clean Mega Evolution, and if it works with Parental Bond, an 80 BP STAB flincher every time you switch in is crazy!!!!

Someone find it, now!
Can Fake Out even be used by mega evolved mons?

I really doubt it, unless the Pokemon that is MegaEvolved actually counts as a "new Pokemon" so the first attack it uses after evolving is counted as the first action used by that Pokemon.

Someone find it, now!
My money's on it being in the Mountain Kalos Dex.

This is why I don't understand how is MegaGengar going to be a trapper! Since; when it enters the battle, it will have levitate; and in order to actually TRAP something it needs to megaevolve; what if the opponents switches before I megaevolve it!?
What happens first!? Switch or megaevolution!? If megaevolution is first, will it be enough for the pokémon to get trapped!?
This raises an answerable question I don't think I've seen an answer to: do Mega Evolutions remain for the rest of the battle once triggered or do they reset every switch out? Also do mega evolutions have priority over moves or is it 0 priority?

It might not work the first turn but it does not revert after you switch it back out so it may need to just make an appearance (any decent matchup will do) in order to mega evolve in the first place. Even assuming they are able to switch before you mega evolve, the insane stats more than make up for it in my opinion

Edit:remember that mega evolution takes place before either member attacks

I really doubt it, unless the Pokemon that is MegaEvolved actually counts as a "new Pokemon" so the first attack it uses after evolving is counted as the first action used by that Pokemon.
Well if not it should be able to used from then on in the battle once it has evolved. Still pretty good if it works with Parental Bond. :0 It could easily not.

I would assume pokemon can switch before a megaevolution happens. The only thing that happens before switching is pursuit, which is meant to hit pokemon switching out anyways.

I am eager to at least spectate matches involving mega gengar. Personally, I expect it to be a common lead that forces a switch for a free M-evo (except if team preview is back, then a player could lead with something to force gengar out). Losing the ground-immunity hurts, but either teams can be built around it or Gengar could megaevolve when EQ users are eliminated.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
That's the big question: which has priority, switching or Mega-evolving? Video shows that even when you select Mega-evolve, you still enter your move selection for the turn at the same time, so it's a mystery right now. Although, I have to assume Switching has the higher priority, otherwise you could mega-evolve and if the opponent tried to switch, they would fail, and that would just be an odd situation... in that case Mega Gengar would only be a trapper after the start of his first turn.

I don't understand the problem, you could still use Fake Out on your first turn because mega-evolving doesn't take up a "turn", it happens immidiately before the turn begins and you input your attacks at the same time. From then on, it should work as normal, every time you switch in.

It might not work the first turn but it does not revert after you switch it back out so it may need to just make an appearance (any decent matchup will do) in order to mega evolve in the first place. Even assuming they are able to switch before you mega evolve, the insane stats more than make up for it in my opinion

Edit:remember that mega evolution takes place before either member attacks
I knew that already, but thanks!

Has it been tested if you can megaevolve, then switch in the same turn!?

Also: I'm glad someone got my idea, english is not my native language and I sometimes find it hard to express myself :)

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Are you sure that the HP bar display is uniform?
(A lot of Japanese games like to distort it)

Another person on this thread posted data for Stealth Rock calculated from actual quantized HP for super effective, it was around 25%.

(Though I'd prefer 10%)

They've explicitly pointed out that it gets boosts to both defenses so those will likely be the bulk of the stat distribution
That thing is going to destroy all the fairies due to its typing

Also: I'm glad someone got my idea, english is not my native language and I sometimes find it hard to express myself :)
You are on the internet, only about 5% of us speak fluent English anyway so don't feel intimidated.

Part of Nintendo's copyright bill on Pokemon X and Y states that "No parties may disclose any information regarding the contents of the product with out legal consent." we've already been told from numerous sources that Nintendo has strictly enforced this.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=213668

^The same story was covered by various online sources, so whether it's technically Copyright Infringement or not, people can still get in big trouble for it.

The only people that have had legal rights to disclose information on the game are Nintendo, and the people that have been provided review copies. Reviewers were only allowed to disclose certain information, and had to send their copies back after a certain date to help prevent leaks. Obviously, that wasn't enough to prevent leaks.
That might be part of Nintendo's copyright bill, if that's the legal equivalent of a non-disclosure agreement--an agreement made between parties who can have legal ownership of the game/reveal information about it (Nintendo themselves, reviewers--whomever else Nintendo lets have it before the street date). However, they cannot, and I mean CANNOT restrict American citizens from posting/saying whatever they want on the internet. If corporations can use cash as "free speech" then we can post whatever the fuck we want about a corporations IP. The onus is not on us as individuals "leaking" the game's contents, but the legal obligations of the companies selling the game before street date; if you give in to intimidation then you accept a corporation's authority. Sorry but it gets my blood boiling.

Last edited:

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.

Well you're doing just fine in my book! From video, it looks like once you select mega-evolve, you immediately enter your attack for the turn, so I really really doubt you can switch on that same turn.
I am eager to at least spectate matches involving mega gengar. Personally, I expect it to be a common lead that forces a switch for a free M-evo (except if team preview is back, then a player could lead with something to force gengar out).
Just remember that there's no such thing as a "free mega-evo", because all mega-evolutions are "free". They happen right as the turn begins, but before any attacks fire. So, if you choose to Mega-evolve that turn, there's no way you can get hit in your normal form. You should just play Mega Gengar like you would normally on the first turn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 25)