XY Experiences

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
What surprised you as you played through the game?
I *accidentally* looked at spoilers, so, oops
What disappointed you as you played through the game?
Team Flare is annoying as ever.
How could they have improved the game to remove this disappointment?
Bring back coin slot machines, duh

Does anyone else think there should be a "don't crash into the walls/pedestrians" course in Kiloud city like there was in HG/SS (iirc)? This would make hatching eggs sooo much more fun, as I always try to see how far I can get without hitting a random in the middle of the road lol. There could even be a small random prize for completing a certain number of laps (loop and a figure eight) but this is just wishful thinking lol.

Which gyms did you find the most challenging?

None they were all easy even with 1 or 2 higher or evenly matched mons.

What parts of the game do you enjoy?
I am having so much fun breeding this gen. I *kind of* started breeding in B/W, but I don't recall getting very far, just filling up a box with Unburden Liepards and maybe some scythers XD. This Gen it's like a whole new rush, especially with the ease of the IV checker and Destiny Knot <3

Which Pokémon ended up being a lot worse than you thought they would be?
A lot of people may end up hating me for this, but I found Goomy/Sligoo to be very underwhelming in game. I was so very excited to include a spot for Goomy, but when he kept missing out on 2/3 hkos and getting ko'd back all the time, I just grew tired of him. I think he's one of those mons that you have to baby a bit, and by the time you get him (route 14) I was not in the mood to be babying. Plus I couldn't decide on Sap Sipper or Hydration :P
I really don't want to say bc I love his design so much, and he's actually not bad in wi-fi battles w/ tough claw shell smash, but...Barbaracle. When I got a Binacle in-game, yes, so excite, but the areas after you get him...not so good. Cyllage city, Stone Path to Geosenge....he just sucked. Relatively late evo and only access to physical clamp water move hurt his usage too. But post game, i like him again :)

Which Pokémon did you really enjoy using?
I switched around A LOT during the first 3/4 of the story, but my In Game Team when I faced the Elite Four was:
Froakmeister - Greninja (Docile)
Errol - Talonflame (Naughty)
Fennel - Florges (Modest)
Slice - Aegislash (Impish)
Dragalge (Sassy) I had one named Silence w/ timid nature but I replaced later when I found a better one an I didn't bother naming him
Santigold - Malamar (Jolly)

Ninja solo'd the Fire Leader, Aegislash and Talonflame destroyed Wulwrick, had to rely on teamwork from Dragalge and Florges vs the Water Chef (DD Gyaradas got in a kill), and Dragalge and Aegislash finished off the Hippie Dragon Member. (Her Dragalge got a crit thunderbolt and two paralyzes in a row, sinking my Greninja, and hampering Malamar (I wanted to give her a chance to shine lol)) The Champion was easy, Ider who I used except M-Gardy's ShadowBall did huge damage to Slice.

Ok, now that that's out of the way, other mons I really have enjoyed using:
Diggersby: what a gangsta. And he can HM Slave all night and all day and still be cool.
Magnezone: OMG Volt Switch Animation is amazing!<3 So power. He's really useful for Consecutive Fishing and paralyzing mons I would like to catch.
Gardevoir: I bred a 31/xx/31/31/31/31 post game and have used her extensively in the Battle Maison. So stronk.
Vivillon: what an AWESOME idea, GF! I love this so much, and the fact she can run thru the Battle Maison w/ a focus sash compound eyes sleep powder/quiver dance/hurricane is no joke. (for at least the first 20 or so battles. No Darmanitan plz)
and...one more...special mention goes to Talonflame for being the best In game Early Route Bird EVER. Flamebody + Fly is perfect for egg hatching/breeding, acrobatics/bravebird, Flare blitz provide tha powa, and he just looks cool (my opinion oc). and there's (almost) no SR in game. so yea

I don't know if it fits here or not, but breeding has gone weird. You know you can pass on IVs with those Power items right? I've been doing that for a long time. Recently, I bred a ditto with the RIGHT power item and a Larvitar with the RIGHT power item and it will never pass on both IVs ever. I've even checked their IVs to make sure a bunch of times. I tried switching genders and it doesn't seem to work. Does anyone else have any experiences like this?

I don't know if it fits here or not, but breeding has gone weird. You know you can pass on IVs with those Power items right? I've been doing that for a long time. Recently, I bred a ditto with the RIGHT power item and a Larvitar with the RIGHT power item and it will never pass on both IVs ever. I've even checked their IVs to make sure a bunch of times. I tried switching genders and it doesn't seem to work. Does anyone else have any experiences like this?
Just fyi, giving both parents a power item does NOT guarantee that both stats are passed down. The way it works is that if both parents are holding a power item, the baby has a chance to inherit ONE of the stats from EITHER parent, not both. This is why, now, that it's much better to use a Destiny Knot, which guarantees that FIVE stats are inherited from BOTH parents, albeit randomized as to what stats.

Just fyi, giving both parents a power item does NOT guarantee that both stats are passed down. The way it works is that if both parents are holding a power item, the baby has a chance to inherit ONE of the stats from EITHER parent, not both. This is why, now, that it's much better to use a Destiny Knot, which guarantees that FIVE stats are inherited from BOTH parents, albeit randomized as to what stats.
I was able to do that with a gible .-. maybe luck?

I was able to do that with a gible .-. maybe luck?
At its base, three IVs are inherited from either parent. A power item simply guarantees that one of those IVs will be whatever power item you give a parent. So yes, if you got two IVs from both parents, then one of them was from the power item and the other was randomly inherited.

A few days ago I was having a lucky day in Pokémon. First, I was surprised to hatch out and get my first shiny (And I wasn't even looking for shinies at the moment) a little larvitar. Then, I noticed my PC Box Pupitar had Pokerus just a few seconds after. I've never got Pokerus or shinies before. I have a box reserved for my shiny collects, and I can't wait to get more of those and perfect IV pokemon so I can finally do my first pure non-simulator wifi battles

Did they jack up the chances for shinies this gen? I ran into my second wild shiny pokemon the first day I got the game. (It was a Ferroseed if you're wondering) And I've seen a lot of other people have buttloads of shines and pokerus this gen.

Yeah, the shiny rate has likely increased. No way to know for sure, though, without having the data cracked. Related: I just found my second shiny in the Friend Safari (Braixen). :)

Also, I caught a 4-IV (only missing both defenses) Jolly Solar Power Charmeleon in the Friend Safari. Too bad I have Y, I'll have to breed for a better nature. This makes it a whole lot easier to get started though! I've never bred for competitiveness, so this is all very exciting to me.

I have heard that the shiny rate is increased in Friend Safaris. However, I do not know if that rate is related to anywhere else ingame.

Also, SHINY GRUMPIG! Gold Grumpig looks so cool. Too bad it's not very good. :(

So I was strolling along the grasses of Detourner Way all dandy and putting peasant scrubs into their rightful places while on the hunt for an Azurill and then suddenly, it happened. But no, not an ordinary encounter it was. There were sparks, there were luster; there was a shiny Azurill bouncing there staring at me on the screen. "IN ARCEUS'S NAME, DO MY EYES DECEIVE ME?", I thought to myself. In one, two, three, four shakes, in goes my first pride and glory worthy to be in my fabulous team. Immediately after that I checked her Pokemon summary for stats and such. She had a neutral nature but whatever, this was only an in-game run. However, at the corner of my eye, I read something; something that is so wrong, that is so disgusting. It seems that you cannot get all of the things in life. I sat there dumbfounded, my face cauterized with fear, frustration, and denial. What did I read?

Thick Fat.

The fat b*tch was released.

first masuda shiny!

Adamant/Huge Power Ajet/Belly Drum/ Super power and 31/31/31/31/x/31!
>:I

This game works with so much feeling... I'm feeling bad now. I was moneyless and was heading to Hotel Richissime, and got a cab. I had 1700 bucks and thought it'd be enough, since I have max style already. But it was too expensive, and came to 2100 after the 50% cut, and the Driver came to battle me. After I won, he payed me 3700 bucks, and said something like this "I now don't have any penny left to send to my family in Hoenn, thanks a lot".

This was the second most touching moment ever in a Pokémon game, the first one being the guy who died and had the pain alleviated by my caterpie.

This game works with so much feeling... I'm feeling bad now. I was moneyless and was heading to Hotel Richissime, and got a cab. I had 1700 bucks and thought it'd be enough, since I have max style already. But it was too expensive, and came to 2100 after the 50% cut, and the Driver came to battle me. After I won, he payed me 3700 bucks, and said something like this "I now don't have any penny left to send to my family in Hoenn, thanks a lot".

This was the second most touching moment ever in a Pokémon game, the first one being the guy who died and had the pain alleviated by my caterpie.
Lol how were you moneyless? Just battle in the Chateau or something. But that's interesting to note the drivers say that.

Also when I got my Pidgey from that old dude, his letter man... ;_;

Lol how were you moneyless? Just battle in the Chateau or something. But that's interesting to note the drivers say that.

Also when I got my Pidgey from that old dude, his letter man... ;_;
I was just messing around. I'd spent like 800k bucks around Lumiose, and when I checked it out, it happened.

But nothing is as touching as that letter. I really slided the sleep button and put the 2ds away to cry.

How do you get that letter?
In Anistar City, there's a blackbelt near the Pokémon Center. There's a house to this guy's right. There's an old man there, he asks you if you can lend him a Pokémon in a level lower than 5. After a while, when you get back, the Pokémon is there in the Pokéball, with a Comet Shard and the saddest letter ever.

Hey, I wasn't really sure where to put this, but I'm going to describe what looks like a mechanic that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere yet (but sorry if it has been).

I was EV Training a Pichu, it had Pokerus and the Power Anklet and I went south of Santalune City hoping to get some speed EVs. To my surprise I kept running into Pikachus, dozens of consecutive encounters, punctuated by a random Bunnelby or Fletchling, and it made no difference whether I'd KO or capture them (and I took the opportunity to catch a lot). Obviously this made training a breeze.

The same Pichu seemed to attract more Plusle than I was used to seeing East of Camphrier, but not to the stratling degree it did Pikachu.

I'm not sure if this might be some attribute of Pokerus, or something to do with baby Pokemon, or a combination of the two? Anyone want to run some tests of their own, maybe see if running Igglybuff with or without Pokerus attracts a lot of Jigglypuff or anything?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hey, I wasn't really sure where to put this, but I'm going to describe what looks like a mechanic that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere yet (but sorry if it has been).

I was EV Training a Pichu, it had Pokerus and the Power Anklet and I went south of Santalune City hoping to get some speed EVs. To my surprise I kept running into Pikachus, dozens of consecutive encounters, punctuated by a random Bunnelby or Fletchling, and it made no difference whether I'd KO or capture them (and I took the opportunity to catch a lot). Obviously this made training a breeze.

The same Pichu seemed to attract more Plusle than I was used to seeing East of Camphrier, but not to the stratling degree it did Pikachu.

I'm not sure if this might be some attribute of Pokerus, or something to do with baby Pokemon, or a combination of the two? Anyone want to run some tests of their own, maybe see if running Igglybuff with or without Pokerus attracts a lot of Jigglypuff or anything?
Pichu has Static, which increases the encounter rate of Electric-types. (This has been a mechanic since Emerald.)

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Mega Stones only appearing from 8-9pm is really grinding my gears. There's a lot of cool shit that happens form 8-9 irl / I keep forgetting..

/rant

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)