5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I think i remember reading somewhere that BW2 starters IVRNG start on frame 15. Anyone know if this is true or am I going crazy?
Turns out I was crazy. Tried frame 1 for the hell of it. Flawless Tepig. heh
EDIT: Or not... IVs are all wrong. I verified my seed with the spinner, but I can't figure out where these IVs came from at all... The fuck?

Last edited:

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
how does one set up standard seed values(finds values such as vcount etc) on a nintendo 2ds
You act as if you're on 3DS, because that's really what you're on.

Quoting because new page...

I ran the patterns that I got into the Unova Link Calibrator (in 9.96.6), and still get wildly inconsistent results. (Because I only took 7 arrows for each, some of the patterns don't have just 1 possible seed, but even then there's no way to "choose" so that the results are consistent.) For example, one pattern has an "Actual Seconds" of 34, whereas the other pattern has an "Actual Seconds" of either 30 or 36. VCount, Timer0, and VFrame all varied a ton. (Actually, VFrame was 3 about half the time, but the other half it seems totally random.) The only thing that's consistent is GxStat, at 6.

Does anyone know what's going on with my calibration, and what I need to do to get it to work right?
I was unable to do Unova Link calibration on my White 2 on either my DS Lite or my DSi.
Just progress through the game until you can do standard calibration, then reset if you want to RNG your starter.

Turns out I was crazy. Tried frame 1 for the hell of it. Flawless Tepig. heh
EDIT: Or not... IVs are all wrong. I verified my seed with the spinner, but I can't figure out where these IVs came from at all... The fuck?
It's frame 1. I abused a shiny flawless Tepig on White 2, and it was definitely frame 1.
And why verify with the spinner? If you have a sane target frame (< 100), it's going to mess your timing up. Just to make sure, you're not doing the batshit-crazy saving method, right?
I'm guessing a step counter is messing you up, though I don't know how that works when you don't have any Pokémon with you.

Last edited:
It's frame 1. I abused a shiny flawless Tepig on White 2, and it was definitely frame 1.
And why verify with the spinner? If you have a sane target frame (< 100), it's going to mess your timing up. Just to make sure, you're not doing the batshit-crazy saving method, right?
I'm guessing a step counter is messing you up, though I don't know how that works when you don't have any Pokémon with you.
I'm only going for IVs, not shininess, so it's not immediately obvious if I hit it or not. I'm verifying with the Unova Link key thing. I definitely hit the seed according to the spin test so I don't get why I didn't get my IVs. I'm using 9.96.6 if that matters.

I was unable to do Unova Link calibration on my White 2 on either my DS Lite or my DSi.
Just progress through the game until you can do standard calibration, then reset if you want to RNG your starter.
I tried that =\

I talked about it in my first post on the previous page, but the short of it is that I tried to calibrate for Reshiram at Dragonspiral Tower, but I get never matches for the IV ranges of the Reshiram I catch.

(I'm already at postgame and everything.)

You act as if you're on 3DS, because that's really what you're on.

How else can you advance pid frames? Sitting there waiting for dem npcs? (Although Rofl i did do that to Curtis's gift once)
I'm only going for IVs, not shininess, so it's not immediately obvious if I hit it or not. I'm verifying with the Unova Link key thing. I definitely hit the seed according to the spin test so I don't get why I didn't get my IVs. I'm using 9.96.6 if that matters.
Wats ur target pid frame? And btw using the spinner *might* be possible, but you cant actually use the unova link itself. Iirc the seed changes when you quit it and the title kyurem reappears.
So ya, you have to deal with dem npcs while not even having a chatot. TIME TO MASH THE X BUTTON
and follow the spinner pattern closely to note when the npcs make advancements.

AH HA, I figured out what was going on! The default timer0 parameters weren't large enough. (The default is 1600-1790, whereas my timer0 is 18B3 and 18AF (out of 10 tests, I hit one of those two 9 times.))

Time to RNG!

Back again! Found my most common Timer0's, they all occur roughly 1/3 of the time. Tried to verify my seed as quickly as I could: Black 2, Unova Route 20, search with the 5th gen Timer Finder PIDRNG method for Shiny Frames requiring 0 advances, and chose a seed/time to hit that required one of my most common Timer0's. I tried 10 times, got nothing.
Where else could there be a problem? I assume that walking NPC on Route 20 is not random...

Back again! Found my most common Timer0's, they all occur roughly 1/3 of the time. Tried to verify my seed as quickly as I could: Black 2, Unova Route 20, search with the 5th gen Timer Finder PIDRNG method for Shiny Frames requiring 0 advances, and chose a seed/time to hit that required one of my most common Timer0's. I tried 10 times, got nothing.
Where else could there be a problem? I assume that walking NPC on Route 20 is not random...
Hmm... Maybe you haven't accounted for your "actual" seconds delay when starting the game?

I would recommend using the Adjacent Seed Generator tool to try to figure out which seed you are hitting. If you can do that, you should then hopefully be able to figure out exactly what's going wrong.

Hmm... Maybe you haven't accounted for your "actual" seconds delay when starting the game?

I would recommend using the Adjacent Seed Generator tool to try to figure out which seed you are hitting. If you can do that, you should then hopefully be able to figure out exactly what's going wrong.
I've calibrated EonTimer, so I'll give the Adjacent Seed Generator a try.

Why is it that I can't PIDRNG a Shiny Fraxure in B. I have 3 pidrng frame to advance then use sweet scent but when I encounter my poke its different, Fraxure non shiny and vullabies. Is there a problem with my Timing? :(

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Why is it that I can't PIDRNG a Shiny Fraxure in B. I have 3 pidrng frame to advance then use sweet scent but when I encounter my poke its different, Fraxure non shiny and vullabies. Is there a problem with my Timing? :(
Could you elaborate & expand on your issue a little bit? Like at what PID frame is your target be shiny?

Or it could be the Timer0 messing up with you...

How else can you advance pid frames? Sitting there waiting for dem npcs? (Although Rofl i did do that to Curtis's gift once)

Wats ur target pid frame? And btw using the spinner *might* be possible, but you cant actually use the unova link itself. Iirc the seed changes when you quit it and the title kyurem reappears.
So ya, you have to deal with dem npcs while not even having a chatot. TIME TO MASH THE X BUTTON
and follow the spinner pattern closely to note when the npcs make advancements.
So that's why I didn't get my corect IVs. I did end up getting what I wanted pretty quickly. Even reset for my ID/SID and got that on the first try. Tried for a Lonely shiny Tepig for a bit, but the NPCs just annoyed me till I settled on a Brave non shiny. Shiny Emboar looks silly anyways.

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
Yes. If I waited 15.0 seconds, I had a ~0.3 second window of being 1 frame before my target. Once I thought up this method, I waited 15 seconds, saved once, then got the Tepig. It was shiny the first time I hit my timer0 after I thought that up.

I'm gonna have to do the same thing with Darumaka, anyway. Stupid sandstorm.

Tried the Adjacent Seed Tool, I'm not getting any predicted seeds. What else could be wrong?

Could you elaborate & expand on your issue a little bit? Like at what PID frame is your target be shiny?

Or it could be the Timer0 messing up with you...
My initial PID frame is 48 and just need 1 advancement so 49. I cant get it shiny, My timer0 is 123c. I tried it several times took me an hour but still not shiny. :( I'm hitting my game in 6:48:40 so I should hit my game at 6:48:32 yet still not shiny, just an adamant fraxure.

Princess Emily

My initial PID frame is 48 and just need 1 advancement so 49. I cant get it shiny, My timer0 is 123c. I tried it several times took me an hour but still not shiny. :( I'm hitting my game in 6:48:40 so I should hit my game at 6:48:32 yet still not shiny, just an adamant fraxure.
Hmm I didn't know you're using a 3DS or DSi.
Anyway you're either off in your timing, or probably the usual Timer0 troll.
Kinda hard to check if you hit your timer0, because you only have 1 chatter tone to listen.

Better yet, try another seed, that gives you at least 6 chatters/advancements or so, to let you know if you hit your Timer0.

I did just that, I found a seed at PID frame 43 and its frame is 49 so I just have to listen to chatot 6 times right? I'm still encountering Fraxures w/ Ability 1. Most of the time its Fraxure and the others are Vullaby and Heatmore. I've been RNGing for 30 mins. Is it just me or my timer0 is trolling me?

I did just that, I found a seed at PID frame 43 and its frame is 49 so I just have to listen to chatot 6 times right? I'm still encountering Fraxures w/ Ability 1. Most of the time its Fraxure and the others are Vullaby and Heatmore. I've been RNGing for 30 mins. Is it just me or my timer0 is trolling me?

Princess Emily

Yeah, probably your Timer0.
BTW, is frame 43 your starting frame yes? And frame 49 is the target shiny frame I presume. So yeah, you'll do 6 advances.

Are there any wnpcs?

A quick note: I don't know how to verify my seed in Black other than by Chatot call pitches (which I have tried and am unable to discern by ear), so if you cannot tell me anything else without knowing whether I have hit my seed, I would be highly in your debt if you would tell me how to determine whether I have hit my seed or not. Thanks!

Using RNG reporter 9.96.5 BETA

What are you trying to capture\hatch?
A shiny Growlithe in Pokemon Black via breeding

My target seed is D0A3ED17F2D5AE5E, my target frame is 54. I am using a non c-gear seed so there is no delay. My MAC Address is 0009BFAEA684

If you tried and failed, what results did you get?

I should mention I have two Timer 0's, C7D and C7C, as far as I know I don't have three but I'm not sure how one would be certain about that. C7C is on the left, C7D is on the right

I keep getting a modest male growlithe with flash fire (ability 1), after one frame advance via custom chatot call + however many frames the NPCs by the daycare advanced (9 I think according to what other Pokemon I've been getting). This doesn't make sense because the only pokemon that fits those specifications is the C7D frame 44 Growlithe, which can't be right because I am advancing the frames.

View attachment 6935

I also went back and double checked my DS parameters and when I had previously gotten 1 under "actual seconds" I now got 31 for some inexplicable reason, so I am just totally confused now.

Thanks for any help you can provide! I apologize if I'm being really stupid, I haven't RNGed in almost 2 years so I'm more than a bit rusty.

A quick note: I don't know how to verify my seed in Black other than by Chatot call pitches (which I have tried and am unable to discern by ear), so if you cannot tell me anything else without knowing whether I have hit my seed, I would be highly in your debt if you would tell me how to determine whether I have hit my seed or not. Thanks!

Using RNG reporter 9.96.5 BETA

What are you trying to capture\hatch?
A shiny Growlithe in Pokemon Black via breeding

My target seed is D0A3ED17F2D5AE5E, my target frame is 54. I am using a non c-gear seed so there is no delay. My MAC Address is 0009BFAEA684

If you tried and failed, what results did you get?

I should mention I have two Timer 0's, C7D and C7C, as far as I know I don't have three but I'm not sure how one would be certain about that. C7C is on the left, C7D is on the right

I keep getting a modest male growlithe with flash fire (ability 1), after one frame advance via custom chatot call + however many frames the NPCs by the daycare advanced (9 I think according to what other Pokemon I've been getting). This doesn't make sense because the only pokemon that fits those specifications is the C7D frame 44 Growlithe, which can't be right because I am advancing the frames.

View attachment 6935

I also went back and double checked my DS parameters and when I had previously gotten 1 under "actual seconds" I now got 31 for some inexplicable reason, so I am just totally confused now.

Thanks for any help you can provide! I apologize if I'm being really stupid, I haven't RNGed in almost 2 years so I'm more than a bit rusty.
In areas with fewer wnpcs that all are visible from the standing point, or preferrably without any at all,
the save spinner test is just as reliable as the chatot test.

I dont remember how i rnged the eggs back in bw1 (been breeding mostly in bw2 ever since i figured it out), but iirc theres only 1 npc (?) in the daycare center(ignore me if im wrong), and Im fairly certain that I never used chatots at all.

In areas with fewer wnpcs that all are visible from the standing point, or preferrably without any at all,
the save spinner test is just as reliable as the chatot test.

I dont remember how i rnged the eggs back in bw1 (been breeding mostly in bw2 ever since i figured it out), but iirc theres only 1 npc (?) in the daycare center(ignore me if im wrong), and Im fairly certain that I never used chatots at all.
Thanks so much! I will look into whether I am hitting my seed and see if I can fix the problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)