5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Stupid question, but did RNG Reporter always have a single year it would search through at a time for RNG abuse in gen V? I can't find seeds and have to advance year by year until I can hit one and I feel like that used to not be the case. The OP uses older versions of RNG reporter, so I'm a little lost atm. Apologies for the uninformed question, I've been out of the loop for a while and wanted to start easy w/ RNG for Zekrom and the Musketeers before going for Thundurus.

Edit: I keep setting the nature tab, but getting the same times for a Lax nature seed that I consistently hit.

In areas with fewer wnpcs that all are visible from the standing point, or preferrably without any at all,
the save spinner test is just as reliable as the chatot test.

I dont remember how i rnged the eggs back in bw1 (been breeding mostly in bw2 ever since i figured it out), but iirc theres only 1 npc (?) in the daycare center(ignore me if im wrong), and Im fairly certain that I never used chatots at all.
I thought BW2 breeding was impossible. Care to explain?

I thought BW2 breeding was impossible. Care to explain?
Check the last page of the thread「past gen rng research.
Tldr only the first egg born by every pair of parents is fixed to the static seed, but not the subsequent ones.
[Im pretty sure this is off topic: A bw2 egg iv seed can still yield many 31 ivs when analysed under bw1 algorithms in rngreporter, but differently distributed. Still, im yet to establish a functional relationship ("conversion table") between the 2 different iv distribution patterns, nor do i think il ever manage that by myself alone.

Any answers for this? I've tried many times and am not hitting my seeds.
(Sorry for late reply, haven't been on here ever since I got my own problem solved...)

In the Adjacent Seed Generator, have you tried increasing the search range? I don't mean by a little. I mean, like, a TON. Maybe, 10 seconds, and 10 frames? What you want to do is then right click on the seeds, click "Output results to TXT", and do a ctrl+f in the txt document to find the seed you're hitting. (Make sure you copy+paste a line of IVs from the body of the text document into the find box, in order to accommodate the tabs in the search.) Also make sure you've got the proper keypresses checked off, and that you're actually doing the proper time. If you did your calibration correctly, inputted all the information properly, and are doing your timing reasonably well, you should be able to find the seed you're hitting if you cast your net wide enough.

Another possibility: If you're using BW2, try setting the min/max frame to 3 instead of 1. (From what I've seen in RNGReporter, it seems that BW2 uses BW's RNG but with the first 2 frames chopped off, but the Adjacent Seed Generator doesn't account for this, so you need to change the starting frame in ASG to 3 yourself.)

Also, what's the save spinner test? I imagine it's based on which arrow the spinner starts at when you save, but where in RNGReporter could you get a list of directions for a given seed/time?

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Is it possible to RNG swarm pokemon?
Yes. Swarms can occupy any encounter slot, so just change the method to Wild Pokemon (Swarm) and you should be good. Also, make sure that the date does not roll over while you are trying to RNG it.

Yes. Swarms can occupy any encounter slot, so just change the method to Wild Pokemon (Swarm) and you should be good. Also, make sure that the date does not roll over while you are trying to RNG it.
So how do I know which encounter slot has the swarm pokemon then? Also about the date, do I have to wait until the pokemon naturally appears in my game before I can RNG it?

Last edited:

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
So how do I know which encounter slot has the swarm pokemon then? Also about the date, do I have to wait until the pokemon naturally appears in my game before I can RNG it?
You can easily manipulate your game to make your desired Swarm Pokémon appear via Soft Resetting, provided that you haven't saved your game in the day at all IIRC.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
if i hit 38 seconds when i try to calibrate at 30 seconds
should i enter the game 8 seconds earlier or later
You'd want to enter 8 sec ealier. So it you wanted to hit a seed with a time of 30 sec, you'd press A at the DS menu at 22 sec.

When you search for a seed in the time finder, it will say "swarm" in the encounter slot, assuming you chose the Wild Pokemon (swarm) method. The main window will do the same if you choose the same method. Haven't done it myself, but I think the SR will work to get the swarm you want, as Albus just pointed out.

Edit: Pretty sure this method still works to change the swarm (http://www.smogon.com/ingame/misc/dpp_tips). About halfway down on the page.

Last edited:
so im trying to rng abuse on a 2ds(3ds setting) an flawless starter and i keep hitting an timer0 that is not on my profile
is that normal on a 3ds or am i doing something wrong?

The egg time finder says seed 31088FC475917752 on frame 69 will give IVs of 31/31/31/21/31/31 With attack, defense, and special defense being inherited. The main window says it's 31/31/31/30/31/27 with no stats being inherited. They both agree that it's shiny. Why is there a difference? Which one is right?

so im trying to rng abuse on a 2ds(3ds setting) an flawless starter and i keep hitting an timer0 that is not on my profile
is that normal on a 3ds or am i doing something wrong?
I'm not sure what settings you should use for a 2DS but whatever the case you can't control your Timer0. Did you calibrate before you attempted to RNG or did you just take the first Timer0 you found? Also keep in mind that your Timer0 range depends on the game, for BW1 there's two Timer0's whilst BW2 can have as many as 12. It's best just to keep trying until you hit the one you want or if necessary change your Timer0 to the one you keep hitting, good luck.

The egg time finder says seed 31088FC475917752 on frame 69 will give IVs of 31/31/31/21/31/31 With attack, defense, and special defense being inherited. The main window says it's 31/31/31/30/31/27 with no stats being inherited. They both agree that it's shiny. Why is there a difference? Which one is right?
It looks to me like you have the wrong settings or something like that, can you post a screenshot of both screens?

Last edited:
iv always got a feeling that the most frequent timer0 varies with the seed.
I either hit it within the first couple trials or don't hit it in hours. So now if i havent hit one in 10 times i search for another seed.
Has anyone proven/disproven this?

I'm not sure what settings you should use for a 2DS but whatever the case you can't control your Timer0. Did you calibrate before you attempted to RNG or did you just take the first Timer0 you found? Also keep in mind that your Timer0 range depends on the game, for BW1 there's two Timer0's whilst BW2 can have as many as 12. It's best just to keep trying until you hit the one you want or if necessary change your Timer0 to the one you keep hitting, good luck.

no sooner did when i said the problem did i hit my seed and got a 5iv flawless tepig
but its good to know theres 2 timer0's so thanks for the heads up

You need to know the IVs of both parents. I would suggest uploading the father onto pokecheck to find out it's exact IVs, then enter those IVs into the RNG reporter and see what results the RNG reporter gives you.

Also what are you trying to breed? and what parents are you using?

Last edited:
You need to know the IVs of both parents. I would suggest uploading the father onto pokecheck to find out it's exact IVs, then enter those IVs into the RNG reporter and see what results the RNG reporter gives you.

Also what are you trying to breed? and what parents are you using?
Oh, I do know the IVs now. I just didn't know it when first filling out that part as it was irrelevant. Aerodactyl's IVs as per Metal Kid's Iv checker are 17 / 13 / 31 / 30 / 27 / 30

Trying to rng in HG and was wondering about the roaming legendaries, Are their natures and IVs set from when you release them from the tower, or do they change each time you run into them? On that same note, if you've encountered them once and they're not shiny, can they ever be shiny?

I'm in RNG Reporter 9.96.5 beta and am hitting my seed 100% for Zekrom set to 31/30/31/30/30/31. However, the nature is not lining up to what I set it to ever in Time Finder. There are no adjacent seeds with the same IVs. I have done the following: found my DS parameters (which are saved), input IV parameters into time finder (as well as year and month), and in the "Nature" pull down tab, set it to search for Naughty and/or Lonely. I get the following:
Seed: E3389884A27F5621 Frame: 1 IVS: 31/30/31/30/30/31 (HP Ground 70) Date/Time: 12/21/2011 18:21:18 Timer: C7F Keypresses: None

I am currently in Time Finder and no nature is listed next to my seed. Am I not supposed to be pulling the time I get the seed in from Time Finder? If that's the case, what section of the program do I head to next to set nature correctly?

I apologize for the basic question, it's been a while since I used RNG Reporter and I'm trying to get the White legends and Landorus for when Bank is finally available in the U.S.
Thanks for any and all help.

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
I'm in RNG Reporter 9.96.5 beta and am hitting my seed 100% for Zekrom set to 31/30/31/30/30/31. However, the nature is not lining up to what I set it to ever in Time Finder. There are no adjacent seeds with the same IVs. I have done the following: found my DS parameters (which are saved), input IV parameters into time finder (as well as year and month), and in the "Nature" pull down tab, set it to search for Naughty and/or Lonely. I get the following:
Seed: E3389884A27F5621 Frame: 1 IVS: 31/30/31/30/30/31 (HP Ground 70) Date/Time: 12/21/2011 18:21:18 Timer: C7F Keypresses: None

I am currently in Time Finder and no nature is listed next to my seed. Am I not supposed to be pulling the time I get the seed in from Time Finder? If that's the case, what section of the program do I head to next to set nature correctly?

I apologize for the basic question, it's been a while since I used RNG Reporter and I'm trying to get the White legends and Landorus for when Bank is finally available in the U.S.
Thanks for any and all help.
You'd copy/paste your seed into the main window, making sure that the Method is Gen V PIDRNG, the encounter type is Stationary, and the synch field filled in with the appropriate nature (if applicable). Next, hit the Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame button, and then hit generate. You'll start on whatever frame it tells you, so from there you'd advance the frame either by Chatot calls or saving until you hit a Naughty/Lonely ( in this case it looks like you'll have to do 3 advances to get a Naughty). Hope that helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)