5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I'm new to RNGing and have run into an interesting issue with the first pokemon I have tried to RNG. I decided to start with the shiny event Giratina distributed a while ago and tried about 50 times before I finally got it to (mostly) work. The reason I say mostly is because I wanted a hex-flawless Impish Giratina, but ran into a small issue. I finally hit the right timer0, time, and frame and got the hex flawless part, but it ended up being a Docile nature! In my adjacents tab on PPRNG 1.15.0, it had the Docile Giratina with the same time, timer0 and frame. I will probably end up keeping this one because it was more just to practice RNGing than to actually use, but if anyone knows how this happened, I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

Troubleshooting:
1. You are on frame 52; not advaced by 2 frames, because your starting frame is 48.
2. You are on frame 190; very much not likely.
3. Your Synchronizer is Adamant; frame 48 is a Synch frame, so this one is very likely.

Our bet is on the third one.
Wait, that was the wrong screenshot. I didn't check beforehand and just gave the one at the bottom, my bad.
I start at frame one, and then immediately encounter it. Not sure what I'm doing wrong-and my synchronizer is Jolly, so it's not that.

Attachments

Wait, that was the wrong screenshot. I didn't check beforehand and just gave the one at the bottom, my bad.
I start at frame one, and then immediately encounter it. Not sure what I'm doing wrong-and my synchronizer is Jolly, so it's not that.
Have you tried to advance your frame yet? If you are really on 55, then advancing your PID frame by 1 will put you onto the Synch frame. You know, saving the game should do that.

Can someone help me find the parameters of my DS for Pokemon Black? I've tried to get the parameters to show up but they haven't come up everytime I hit the calibrate button.

I'm new to RNGing and have run into an interesting issue with the first pokemon I have tried to RNG. I decided to start with the shiny event Giratina distributed a while ago and tried about 50 times before I finally got it to (mostly) work. The reason I say mostly is because I wanted a hex-flawless Impish Giratina, but ran into a small issue. I finally hit the right timer0, time, and frame and got the hex flawless part, but it ended up being a Docile nature! In my adjacents tab on PPRNG 1.15.0, it had the Docile Giratina with the same time, timer0 and frame. I will probably end up keeping this one because it was more just to practice RNGing than to actually use, but if anyone knows how this happened, I would really appreciate it. Thank you!
Double check your settings.
It should be a random gender, always shiny pokemon; having either of these two wrong and u get ur pid frame shifted.

The frame after the adamant one is synchronizable, so try to advance 1 frame.

Can someone help me with Eontimer 1.6? The guide for entralink RNG uses 1.2 and it doesn't mention how to adjust for the Entralink calibration in 1.6... Sorry if it's been answered already but I'm new here

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Can someone help me with Eontimer 1.6? The guide for entralink RNG uses 1.2 and it doesn't mention how to adjust for the Entralink calibration in 1.6... Sorry if it's been answered already but I'm new here
Should be the same, unless Toast changed something.

Speaking of which, how come Rng reporter keeps crashing on me the moment I boot it up? Is there something wrong with my PC or is it the program itself?

Is there a search option that DONT use the initial frame when looking for a certain pokemon in hidden grotto?
Not having chance to confirm the seed in BW2=derp.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Speaking of which, how come Rng reporter keeps crashing on me the moment I boot it up? Is there something wrong with my PC or is it the program itself?
The main cause I see for crashes are when anti viruses cause RNG Reporter to try to load the profile's file from system32. RNG Reporter crashes because it doesn't have access to the file and I was too lazy to add error checking. Running as an administrator or disabling your anti virus seems to fix it.

Is there a search option that DONT use the initial frame when looking for a certain pokemon in hidden grotto?
Not having chance to confirm the seed in BW2=derp.
There originally was but I took it out because too many people got confused by it.
The idea is if the Pokemon showed up in the grotto then you hit your seed. If it didn't show up then you missed your seed.

Last edited:
Can I check im doing this right it's been 3 years since oli last did it. 5th Gen non c gear on dsl pokemon white. I have my sid and mac code etc

So do I need to save at victory road and then load the game and sweet scent or should I b3 saved at the day care centre ready to get the egg and then fly to victory road to find my seed?

When I know that detail I just go to the main page and click generate time and put the iv spread I want tick ever stone.

Then set the date and time to time it says.

IT was frame 55 so I use my chatter chatots 47 times and take the egg. Except my egg has bad iv and isn't shiny:/

Edit. So I didn't manage to reliably breed what I needed. On one seed I was trying to do a shifted start calibration for the egg I.e do 1 chatots and hatch. Somehow it gave me a shiny feebas. .git it twice although it was wrong iv and nature etc for what I wanted.

So I recalibrated a few times and im in between 7E and 7F I think as I've had both results more than once.

my issue is how can I check iv reliably after getting the egg? If I try to trade it it will save the game so I'm no longer saved in front of the day care, so if the egg is wrong won't my calibration be out?

edit messed about for a bit and eventually started to hit my seed time reliably and then just had to adjust my shifting start frame. It was only 6 chatots after some trial and error runs. But I hatched my shiny 31/31/31/30/31/31 HP Electric Feebas.

Last edited:
I am currently trying to calibrate my 3DS and Black 2. I am doing this by setting the time to Feb 4 17:59 then starting the game as soon as the clock ticks to 18:00. In the game, I start without c-gear, masterball a terrakion, then input the IVs.

My results after 10 attempts (in order from first to tenth attempt):
Actual seconds: 8, 8, 8, 7, 7, 8, 8, 7, 7, 7
VCount: always AD
Timer0: 167E, 1689, 1689, 1689, 167E, 1689, 1689, 167E, 1685, 167E
GxStat: always 6
VFrame: always 8
Seed (truncated): 9A4, 923, 923, 85B, 9DF, 923, 923, 9DF, AD9, 9DF

details in attached image.

At this point, I'm not sure what to input for my Profile.
What exactly is timer0 based on? Does it have something to do with the millisecond when you turn on the game?

Attachments

My RNG on BW went a bit weird. I can hit my time and seed 90% of the time just from memory.

but it started out I needed 6 chatot calls to reach my shiny frame. After I did some poke transfer last night the number of chatot calls required went up to 8...literally tested it 5 times in a row. I was hitting my time just my starting frame had changed.

Then later on back down to 6...

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
My RNG on BW went a bit weird. I can hit my time and seed 90% of the time just from memory.

but it started out I needed 6 chatot calls to reach my shiny frame. After I did some poke transfer last night the number of chatot calls required went up to 8...literally tested it 5 times in a row. I was hitting my time just my starting frame had changed.

Then later on back down to 6...
Sounds like a WNPC.

Sounds like a WNPC.
Possibly. After many tries I opened my laptop and looked at the adjacent steps and noticed I was always 2 out.

Then after hatching and messing about it did go back down to 6 steps. .thankfully I could recognise the nature and iv spread. However, the chatot call pitch on the rng reporter is wrong or im tone deaf or reading it wrong. But reporter says my shiny seed should be high pitch but it isn't. And it consistently isn't.

Can someone be nice and explain me some stuff, Im trying to RNG a Latios in black 2 using my DSi, I just want to go for 31-x-31-31-31-31 timid non shiny, seed: 96E410F9A4AFF6D1 frame:2, (02/11/14 20:27:20) but Im not sure about some things:

-Are there any NPC wandering at Dreamyard?
-Latios Starting Frame is 1 right?
-It´s a stationary encounter right?

And im confused, which method should i choose at RNG reporter for Latios, Im using Gen 5 Standard Seed (ivs) but im not sure.

Thanks for your time and i hope to see help. n,n

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Can someone be nice and explain me some stuff, Im trying to RNG a Latios in black 2 using my DSi, I just want to go for 31-x-31-31-31-31 timid non shiny, seed: 96E410F9A4AFF6D1 frame:2, (02/11/14 20:27:20) but Im not sure about some things:

-Are there any NPC wandering at Dreamyard?
-Latios Starting Frame is 1 right?
-It´s a stationary encounter right?

And im confused, which method should i choose at RNG reporter for Latios, Im using Gen 5 Standard Seed (ivs) but im not sure.

Thanks for your time and i hope to see help. n,n
-Yes, there's 1 NPC around.
-No, It depends on the seed, its starting frame could be between 40-50. i think you're confusing the IV frame with the starting frame.
-Yes.

And yes, search by "Gen 5 Standard Seed (IVs)". Also, try looking for a seed that is on frame 1 instead of 2, as that frame 2 is the IV frame and is highly impractical to reach it.

-Yes, there's 1 NPC around.
-No, It depends on the seed, its starting frame could be between 40-50. i think you're confusing the IV frame with the starting frame.
-Yes.

And yes, search by "Gen 5 Standard Seed (IVs)". Also, try looking for a seed that is on frame 1 instead of 2, as that frame 2 is the IV frame and is highly impractical to reach it.
Thanks for the answers. n.n

So the Iv frame doesn´t increase? As a long I land on my seed correctly and I start the fight with Latios, the Ivs will be correct or im missing something? That´s why you suggest to find a correct Iv spread at frame 1?

Sorry if all of this sounds dumb, but its my first time RNGing stationary legends at Black 2 using a DSi.

Thanks for the answers. n.n

So the Iv frame doesn´t increase? As a long I land on my seed correctly and I start the fight with Latios, the Ivs will be correct or im missing something? That´s why you suggest to find a correct Iv spread at frame 1?

Sorry if all of this sounds dumb, but its my first time RNGing stationary legends at Black 2 using a DSi.
IV frame doesnt increase unless you somehow saved right before the end of 1 cycle of the step counter. Use a repel just in case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)