Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any special sweepers who can deal with both Alakazam and Ferrothorn?
Mega Houndoom with Sucker Punch is the only thing I can think of that conforms to your preferences. Generally it wants four special moves but if you need it to kill Zam it needs Sucker punch to outspeed. Only works if Zam's sash is broken or you die to Focus Blast.

What would be a good move set for a mixed Naive Relic Song Meloetta? I cannot quite decide what is best to add with Relic Song and Close Combat.

Somebody told me that Poison status cut defense. Is this true?
I remember that this was speculated when X/Y first came out, but it is not the case.

Huh.

That's odd. The XY hub's Tiers page lists Sand Veil and Frost Cloak under Evasion Clause. Might be either an outdated/incorrect page or a PS bug.

Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize, in addition to the abilities Sand Veil and Snow Cloak, are not permitted in play.
Hmm... So is it a yes or no?

Here are my noob questions: To get a shiny pokemon with the Masuda method is necessary a Ditto? if so, that Ditto has to be Japanese? If Ditto is not necessary, the only pokemon that can be shiny is the foreign one?

Here are my noob questions: To get a shiny pokemon with the Masuda method is necessary a Ditto? if so, that Ditto has to be Japanese? If Ditto is not necessary, the only pokemon that can be shiny is the foreign one?
No and no. Masuda method of breeding involves two differently-regioned pokemon (Ita, Jap, Kor, Ger, Fre, Spa, and Eng, I believe) to breed; it does not matter which is which or what species they are, just so long as both parents are able to breed and are of a different region from each other. This increases the chances of hatching a shiny from the offspring from ~1/4000 to ~3/4000, I believe.

No and no. Masuda method of breeding involves two differently-regioned pokemon (Ita, Jap, Kor, Ger, Fre, Spa, and Eng, I believe) to breed; it does not matter which is which or what species they are, just so long as both parents are able to breed and are of a different region from each other. This increases the chances of hatching a shiny from the offspring from ~1/4000 to ~3/4000, I believe.
Thank u :)

PumpkinPie might be right and they're accessible in Showdown. I don't know.

My feeling is that they are supposed to be banned and may be bugged. That's an official page so far as I'm aware. So, again, I don't know.

What're you trying to use them on?
They're not banned. Weather is no longer permanent.
Oh, cool. It's cause I had a shiny garchomp with sand veil and I was afraid it might be useless if it's ability was illegal

Do people just pokegen/sav all their things like Heatran or Landorus? Given they're back in gens where they don't get guaranteed 31 IVs...how in the world do people get competitive ones legitimately? Infinite SRing? And what about if I want Sheer Force Landorus, is that basically impossible since I need to get it from the Dream World?

They do it with RNG abuse. You can learn more about that here.
http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/bw_rng_intro
Though, yes, hacking one is indeed the most common.
Sheer Force Landorus? I believe those're from Dream Radar, which is an extra game for DSi and 3DS that you can buy for three dollars. You can get other HA legends like Ho-Oh and Lugia that way, too.

They do it with RNG abuse. You can learn more about that here.
http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/bw_rng_intro
Though, yes, hacking one is indeed the most common.
Sheer Force Landorus? I believe those're from Dream Radar, which is an extra game for DSi and 3DS that you can buy for three dollars. You can get other HA legends like Ho-Oh and Lugia that way, too.
Thanks for the link, I'll read it over. EDIT: It works with BW2, right? Not just BW1?

And yeah, I did know that Sheer Force Lando was from Dream Radar, but doesn't that mean I can't RNG abuse for a good one?

Thanks for the link, I'll read it over. EDIT: It works with BW2, right? Not just BW1?

And yeah, I did know that Sheer Force Lando was from Dream Radar, but doesn't that mean I can't RNG abuse for a good one?
BW2 works, except egg abuse can only be done in BW1. Hitting your seed in BW2 can be a little more inconsistent than in BW1 though, since a variable known as Timer0 can be a little trolly.

You can RNG Dream Radar Pokémon, but you can't reset if you stuff it up.

BW2 works, except egg abuse can only be done in BW1. Hitting your seed in BW2 can be a little more inconsistent than in BW1 though, since a variable known as Timer0 can be a little trolly.

You can RNG Dream Radar Pokémon, but you can't reset if you stuff it up.
Poop. Well, thanks for the info. At least I can be sure to get a decent Heatran with some work.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Do people just pokegen/sav all their things like Heatran or Landorus? Given they're back in gens where they don't get guaranteed 31 IVs...how in the world do people get competitive ones legitimately? Infinite SRing? And what about if I want Sheer Force Landorus, is that basically impossible since I need to get it from the Dream World?
Pokegen? What's Pokegen?

Abusing RNG is one of the most effective ways :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)