Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see what else I can find whilst my rating is eternally low:

- Ninetails without drought.
- Roserade with Magical leaf (granted it's not that bad but still.)
- Passho berry Shuckle.

And sadly that's all I could get before PS! started to crash on me.

- Dark Pulse Weavile. You know, dear, that physical/special split happened over six years ago. And it predates Weavile. "slowpoke.png" doesn't even BEGIN to cover it.
Well, exactly. Prior to the split, both Ice and Dark were special. Nowadays, you can't really find a special Dark move other than Dark Pulse, so people who want to run special kinda don't have options!

Well, exactly. Prior to the split, both Ice and Dark were special. Nowadays, you can't really find a special Dark move other than Dark Pulse, so people who want to run special kinda don't have options!
True, but Weavile has 45 base SpA. It's a good thing that split happened when it did (at least, good for Weavile).

Also, what the hell happened to the sprites?

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Let's see what else I can find whilst my rating is eternally low:

- Ninetails without drought.
- Roserade with Magical leaf (granted it's not that bad but still.)
- Passho berry Shuckle.

And sadly that's all I could get before PS! started to crash on me.
What's wrong with Magical Leaf? It's pretty much an equivalent to Energy Ball, trading 10% special defense drop for --% accuracy. It also looks cooler.

What's wrong with Magical Leaf? It's pretty much an equivalent to Energy Ball, trading 10% special defense drop for --% accuracy. It also looks cooler.
Nope. Energy Ball is more powerful. 50% more powerful. Magical Leaf only has nicHe usage. Also, I saw a Pidgeotto and Venonat on an OU team that quit on me quite early.

Last edited:
The thing is that Energy Ball's 10% chance of lowering your foe's Special Defense is generally better than the "no-miss" of Magical Leaf.

Btw, I just faced a Shuckle who kept throwing hazards at my Excadrill, which just was spinning them away (ended up to +6 with Swords Dance before killing it).

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
Nope. Energy Ball is more powerful. 50% more powerful. Magical Leaf only has nice usage. Also, I saw a Pidgeotto and Venonat on an OU team that quit on me quite early.
Well, Roserade has technician which boosts its 60 BP to 90 BP, the same as Energy ball. But as Stallmory said, usually the side effect of Energy Ball is better.

I refuse to be impolite about the teams of people I face, because I'm low-ranked and my team is probably no better (though I do my best to avoid being "clever") but spectated games are open season...

I just spectated a game where one of the participants had a special sweeping Gliscor of doom: Earth Power and Dark Pulse, and no Toxic Orb. Their brilliant plan of using Earth Power on a Talonflame failed, and then they forfeit, so I don't know what the full set was.

I saw thief on a Scizor just now. I understand that it gets the technician boost, but pursuit beats it in every conceivable way. Even worse, it was a Mega-Scizor, meaning it wouldn't be able to get rid of it's item regardless. I just wonder if the guy really didn't know what he was doing or for some reason he mis-clicked when selecting Scizor's moves and failed it correct it.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
Not silly. Thief is boosted by technician, turning it into a respectable ghost-type hitting move. Thief has slightly higher Base Power overall, I believe, as well.
On a SD set, thief is definitely better than Pursuit. But, imo, Knock Off is what can outclass. Thief hits at a power of 90 always, and Knock Off hits at a power of 98 if the pokemon has a item, and 65 otherwise. Since most pokemon scizor wants to hit with a dark move are frail and hold an item, Knock Off is usually better.

Was using a stall team earlier on the ladder and my opponent sent out latios. Stayed in with my specially defensive heatran as I expected a draco meteor, and I got hit with earthquake.

Can you even make this shit up?

Was using a stall team earlier on the ladder and my opponent sent out latios. Stayed in with my specially defensive heatran as I expected a draco meteor, and I got hit with earthquake.

But EQ is an excellent move on Latios. It's great for baiting most of its switchins, including special defensive Heatran. :^)

I run Earthquake on my Latios. I don't need additional coverage aside from Draco Meteor / Psyshock / Ice Beam. If my Latios didn't run Earthquake, the only Pokemon on my team that could deal with Heatran reliably would be my Landorus-I with Earth Power.
Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
Lol, I decided to make a Final Gambit team but with Gothorita and I came upon:
Rest + Psychic Blissey / Dragon Claw Tyranitar / Dragon Rush Salamence, on my Azumarill, then Crunch on it!
Will be updating.
I think Unnerve Ttar is weird too. Sure, it mega evolved, but it still didn't have sand for a while, which is its main selling point.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-93748943

But buzz scizor and yawn Espeon shame didn't see more.
Yawn is a fine move on Espeon. But if you mean Umbreon using on Espeon, then yeah, it was dumb.

It's a very common lure that apparently got you good. Not silly at all, just a bit enraging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)