Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see no reason to change that 3IV mechanics; from what I understand that's how it'll be from Gen 6 onwards. GF are trying to make getting into competitive a little easier, and to remove something as huge as 3IVs for legends would be so counter-productive.
I just hope that Lati@s don't have to face another glitch such as the Roamer Pokemon one. Or have to be met 11 and then faced on a single spot. And I hope they give them a cool soundtrack. And Soul Dew outside of an event

since the new forms of Kyrogre and Groudon are called Prehistoric pokemon I wonder if any of the fossil pokemon will get new forms
They're called "Ancient Devolution", not Prehistoric

As much as I am a cheap bastard, Game Freak are greedy bastards. I wouldn't be surprised if you were right - they used Emerald's storyline/teams. . . But then only let you catch Groudon in OR and Kyogre in AS.
If you're not expecting version exclusive Legendaries, you're doing it wrong.

"But... but... Internet era! Patch!"
Nope. If they had planned to do that, they wouldn't have included the dozen-odd "hidden moves" in XY. Thousand Arrows, Thousand Waves, Light of Ruin... all of those were added to XY, so they could be used by event exclusive Pokémon without the game breaking. Had GameFreak planned on making new moves for ORAS, they would have been hidden on the XY cartridges already. If they had decided to rely on patches, there wouldn't have been any hidden moves on the cartridges at all. They too would have been introduced by patch, instead of being put on the cartridges upon release.
I'm sorry but I just don't subscribe to this view.
We are essentially in uncharted territory here as no previous gens had Mega Evos that REQUIRE a specific item to occur, and all games of a Generation need to be compatible with each other in some form or another.

For all you and I know, there could be a patch download required, or there could be a compatibility patch that your copy of OR/AS will send to X/Y should a local battle occur.

We've seen the DS generation of games able to send quite complicated info to each other (Mario Kart multiplayer comes to mind, plus there was the interaction between 2 DS machines on the Poketransfer lab) so no-one is able to speak on this matter with any authority, we're all just guessing here until we get the required info.

I imagine that this is something we won't find out properly until a few weeks away from release, but as every game in a generation has been compatible to date, I'm sure GameFreak are going to ensure that Gen 6 is no different and my personal opinion is that they'll use the more sophisticated tech of the 3DS to patch the game.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I doubt there will be another roaming glitch. Hozu would be incredibly pissed if there was, at any rate.

A new feature introduced in Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire is Prehistoric/Primal/Primeval Pokémon. These Pokémon seem to work in a similar manner to Mega Evolution through a process called Ancient Devolution, and sends the Pokémon back to their prehistoric state. Full details on this feature are not known

Prehistoric Groudon
US Name
: ??
Jp. Name: Prehistoric Groudon

Type: ??
Classification: Continent Pokémon
Height: ??
Weight: ??
Ability: ??

First Appearance: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Details:
This Pokémon was first revealed on the Pokémon Omega Ruby box-art.

Prehistoric Kyogre
US Name
Jp. Name: Prehistoric Kyogre

Classification: Sea Basin Pokémon

Details:
This Pokémon was first revealed on the Pokémon Alpha Sapphire box-art.

/This information was taken form serebii and serebii is a more trust worthy source then you so I will continue to call them prehistoric pokemon

I just hope that Lati@s don't have to face another glitch such as the Roamer Pokemon one. Or have to be met 11 and then faced on a single spot. And I hope they give them a cool soundtrack. And Soul Dew outside of an event

You can get Soul Dew without an event in BW2 after capturing Latios or Latias in the Dreamyard.

Which does a lot of good in gen VI since the Transporter spits items back to your cart.
*Facepalm*

I can't believe that I didn't remember that. Anyway, they might be retconning Soul Dew in its entirety, replacing it with the Mega Stones for Latios and Latias. I can sort of understand why they're doing it, as it's not allowed in any battle facilities or official competitions, making it next to useless.

Also, I'm really confused at Sceptile's ability. Why in the world would it need an Electric immunity (when it's already 4x resistant to Electric) or a potential Special Attack boost (when almost all of its level-up moves are Physical).
I think the main point (which most people aren't mentioning) is an almost complete immunity to paralysis. Regular Sceptiles major attacking stat is Special so it could easily be the same here. Them Leaf Storms don't play.

Agonist

*Facepalm*

I can't believe that I didn't remember that. Anyway, they might be retconning Soul Dew in its entirety, replacing it with the Mega Stones for Latios and Latias. I can sort of understand why they're doing it, as it's not allowed in any battle facilities or official competitions, making it next to useless.
Soul Dew is still a separate item, since it's banned by the Maison.

Soul Dew is still a separate item, since it's banned by the Maison.
Maybe it could be used to obtain the stones. Or maybe the Southern Island will be available as an event and you'll get the Megastone for the corresponding Lati twin after the battle similar to Mewtwo in X/Y

I'm hoping for op swampert, flying gem, and Winona in 3d. Yum.
As long as it gets +20 on Attack and Speed it would be OP
You could buy the gems at Battle Frontier.
And lol Flanery is hotter imo

Last edited by a moderator:
By that logic aren't all box cover legendaries rendered useless...?
I suppose they mostly are useless in-game, although a little bit less than the Soul Dew thanks to their story value and ability to sweep the later portions of the game (in Pokémon Battle Revolution and BW2 you can only get the Soul Dew in post-game, in RSE it's only from an event). There were some competitions, though, that allowed box legendaries... although I have no idea if they allowed Soul Dew (probably, I'd assume).

CrushinDefeat

Defeat me if you can... Survive if I let you!
Don't mean to sway away from the new Mega forms and Kyogre and Groudon, but I want to see the Trick House have better prizes like Rare Candies( I am familiar that this was a prize before hand) and maybe even a MasterBall( but it'd be very challenging to receive). I like Wingull mail as much as the next guy, but mail is a pretty bad prize. I hope they make the Trick House prizes progress, prizes like Hardstone, TM 12(Taunt), and the Tents were great but I just want to see even better prizes.

A new feature introduced in Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire is Prehistoric/Primal/Primeval Pokémon. These Pokémon seem to work in a similar manner to Mega Evolution through a process called Ancient Devolution, and sends the Pokémon back to their prehistoric state. Full details on this feature are not known

Prehistoric Groudon
US Name
Jp. Name: Prehistoric Groudon

Classification: Continent Pokémon

Details:
This Pokémon was first revealed on the Pokémon Omega Ruby box-art.

Prehistoric Kyogre
US Name
Jp. Name: Prehistoric Kyogre

Classification: Sea Basin Pokémon

Details:
This Pokémon was first revealed on the Pokémon Alpha Sapphire box-art.

/This information was taken form serebii and serebii is a more trust worthy source then you so I will continue to call them prehistoric pokemon
So that we can time-travelling to the past?

pokebeach.com/2014/06/new-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire-mega-evolutions-details-revealed-in-corocoro
It's in the first bullet point, and the bottom of the page with Kyogre and Groundon, the screenshot of Kyogre using a move, it questions what kind of move it's using.

Agonist

pokebeach.com/2014/06/new-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire-mega-evolutions-details-revealed-in-corocoro
It's in the first bullet point, and the bottom of the page with Kyogre and Groundon, the screenshot of Kyogre using a move, it questions what kind of move it's using.
Looks like speculation on Pokebeach's part, since it doesn't actually show new moves, just new animations.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
what ever kyogre is shooting in the picture doesnt really look like an ice move. They sort of look more like cannons made of water. You could see this with the droplets floating near these "cannons".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)