Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
what ever kyogre is shooting in the picture doesnt really look like an ice move. They sort of look more like cannons made of water. You could see this with the droplets floating near these "cannons".
Oh god no not this again.

FROAKIE'S WATER GUN HAS SNOWFLAKES IN IT. IT'S AN ICE TYPE!
Jk. Maybe it's just Water Spout?

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
What? No lol. Kyogre is a water type and if its true that they are getting new moves, I think its safe to assume that the new move will be a water type move as well. Water spout would be a possibility but the water isnt coming out of its spout. Then again, its just a drawing so they could have made it look like that to make it look cooler. who knows.

pokebeach.com/2014/06/new-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire-mega-evolutions-details-revealed-in-corocoro
It's in the first bullet point, and the bottom of the page with Kyogre and Groundon, the screenshot of Kyogre using a move, it questions what kind of move it's using.
That just looks more like a special animation for Mega Evolutio--oops "Ancient Devolution".

In fact, I'm 100% sure it is.

As a few quick points, it's no longer unreasonable to think that new content can't be added mid-gen, or that there won't be compatibility with XY. GF is not stupid; a simple internet update can add in moves and megas if necessary.

I've seen quite a few complaints about Swampert not getting Sap Sipper around the internet as well. In my opinion an immunity to grass (while nice) is inferior to many other abilities it could have gotten, including swift swim. Grass isn't exactly the strongest coverage and can be spotted from a mile away; just switch Swampert if a grass type comes in.

Swift Swim, on the other hand, patches up its weakest point while giving a nod to the many pokedex entries detailing the Mudkip line's powerful swimming abilities.

Groudon- and Kyogre-A will be beastly. I've always wanted them to have signature moves - here's hoping.

EDIT: Oh and hopefully Sceptile regains its status as fastest Subseeder in the game with this Mega Evo. Yeah Whimsicott, but Sceptile has STAB Dragon Pulse to actually harm any Grass-types coming in to absorb Leech Seed and, well, it's a hell of a lot cooler.

EDIT: Oh and hopefully Sceptile regains its status as fastest Subseeder in the game with this Mega Evo. Yeah Whimsicott, but Sceptile has STAB Dragon Pulse to actually harm any Grass-types coming in to absorb Leech Seed and, well, it's a hell of a lot cooler.
I really don't think it will be best used as a SubSeeder. Whimsicott still has it beat with priority, better typing, similar bulk, and most importantly Leftovers. Whimsicott also serves as a panic button too, with access to priority Stun Spore, and to a lesser extent, Switcheroo, Memento, etc. While offensively crap, it can simply pivot out of Grass-types (besides Ferrothorn) with U-Turn, while even if Sceptile gets a whopping +50 SpA, it still can't 2HKO physically defensive Venusaur and is still walled by Ferrothorn.

As a few quick points, it's no longer unreasonable to think that new content can't be added mid-gen, or that there won't be compatibility with XY. GF is not stupid; a simple internet update can add in moves and megas if necessary.
this is pure speculation, but it would be interesting to know if they plan on changing any of the unreleased stuff that's been datamined (like the latios/latias mega formes), since changing would be just as easy as 'adding' from my nonprogrammer point of view (sprinkle salt liberally)

I've seen quite a few complaints about Swampert not getting Sap Sipper around the internet as well. In my opinion an immunity to grass (while nice) is inferior to many other abilities it could have gotten, including swift swim. Grass isn't exactly the strongest coverage and can be spotted from a mile away; just switch Swampert if a grass type comes in.

Swift Swim, on the other hand, patches up its weakest point while giving a nod to the many pokedex entries detailing the Mudkip line's powerful swimming abilities.
I think everyone expecting sap sipper were really out their minds. while really cool to turn its one, big weakness into an immunity and a buff (and the mind games that could be played), I agree with you that swift swim is pretty baller.
my only concern is basically with its current movepool: curse, mirror coat, avalanche, etc. all dealing with going slowly. it makes me wonder how the stat distribution will be and how swampert ends up being used. I could see a scenario where, even though he has swift swim, someone still mega evolves him into a massive tank, cursing and avalanching outside of the rain

also, sceptile's dragon/grass typing is pretty interesting. I was thinking about it recently in that grass/dragon is the only elemental type that hasn't been paired with dragon (there's water, fire, electric, and ice). it has a lot of neat little implications like doubling its resistance to electric, grass, and water, and neutralising its fire weakness. granted, its new ability gives it a fully immunity to electric anyway (flash fire would have been pretty awesome here). even though dragon doubles its ice weakness, it's got quite a lot of opportunities to switch in and take minimal damage thanks to its new resistances.

I really don't think it will be best used as a SubSeeder. Whimsicott still has it beat with priority, better typing, similar bulk, and most importantly Leftovers. Whimsicott also serves as a panic button too, with access to priority Stun Spore, and to a lesser extent, Switcheroo, Memento, etc. While offensively crap, it can simply pivot out of Grass-types (besides Ferrothorn) with U-Turn, while even if Sceptile gets a whopping +50 SpA, it still can't 2HKO physically defensive Venusaur and is still walled by Ferrothorn.
the difference between the two i'm sure will be that sceptile will actually have offensive pressure behind a sub (which you even mentioned). even if we say that venusaur and ferrothorn push out sceptile, that is two compared to a very long list of things that are not scared of the cott

BenTheDemon

Banned deucer.
Sceptile is my favorite Grass type. I hope that its Attack stat becomes more dominant since its Physical movepool is so much better. Plus it has access to Swords Dance and it'll be the fastest Dragon Type assuming Speed isn't lowered.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Not really sure why that ice weakness is such a big deal since its not like a x4 ice weakness on a dragon type is a new thing... :I

Its too bad its unburden ability becomes unusable with a megastone though.

I'm praying that this time, mega evolutions will be given to pokemon that actually need it.

Also, I wonder what they plan to do with Rayquaza and the regis.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm praying that this time, mega evolutions will be given to pokemon that actually need it.

Also, I wonder what they plan to do with Rayquaza and the regis.
Popular Pokemon are more likely to get Megas than those that "need" them. Most Pokemon that got Megas weren't OU viable anyway, so don't bitch about it.

So, swampert's obviously going to be a tanky mon with sweeping potential with rain support. Depending on its stat distribution, I'm pretty sure its tanking abilities will land it a status similar to aggron; good, but not OU. Swift swim is what makes it interesting. If it hits hard enough and is fast enough, I can see even some uber viability. Or it could be outclassed by other swimmers, but I can dream.

The interesting one is sceptile. It'll most likely be a fast threat, and immunity to twave is phenomenal, but it's anyone's guess on which speed tier exactly it'll be. 120's fine, but going up just 1 would be huge. Going down's even possible with the mega appearing bulkier than its base similar to garchomp. Regardless, its biggest problem will be talonflame, with greninja being potentially dangerous as well if it doesn't gain any speed.

More important though is its offenses. Mixed offenses seem likely, but I'm hoping for a physical bias. Moves like leaf blade and outrage combined with decent boosting options would be great. Lightning rod however would imply special powers, but its move pool is a little disappointing in my opinion for purely special sweeping. I'm a little worried that it won't be able to hit hard enough, but it will almost certainly be OU viable. Just gotta watch out for heatran and the likes.

All in all, this is exactly what I worried about. Neither of these 2 hold a candle to blaze.

RASFA

Banned deucer.
here are some problems with having a patch for megas into xand uy what if a guy has not internet that has pokemon x or y and the other guy has oras they cannot battle also what if i have the update and delete it and have the megas stone on my x or y it wound turn into a giltch item like ??????? that item cound be stuck in my bag forever and it may cause game to freeze. also due to some people not having internet people that have x and y may not be able to go in a game stop tourney if they do not have patch some gamestops or game places have free wifi but not all do. maybe they do not need a patch and the new megas and stuff i s already in game but its too hard for the hacker to find,

Last edited:
Sceptile is my favorite Grass type. I hope that its Attack stat becomes more dominant since its Physical movepool is so much better. Plus it has access to Swords Dance and it'll be the fastest Dragon Type assuming Speed isn't lowered.
They'll probably increase it, hopefully at least 15 points so he could tie with mega-Magnetric, though Trollfreak.

It is a shame Sceptile doesn't gets Growth, otherwise I think it could be an amazing mixed sweeper under the sun.

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
Tbh, I really have high hopes for what they do the eon duo.
I personally hope they scrap the whole roaming capture thing, and do something similar to Pokemon X and Y where they have to be encountered a certain number of times before becoming a stationary legend. I also hope they change the mega-evos hugely, and completely redo the design and maybe revise the stats (why didn't they get a speed buff.. they look like freaking jet planes).

At any rate, being the Latios/Latias fanboy I am I'll probably be happy with whatever they do :P

(although making them stationary would really help the soft reset I'm planning x_x)
here are some problems with having a patch for megas into xand uy what if a guy has not internet that has pokemon x or y and the other guy has oras they cannot battle also what if i have the update and delete it and have the megas stone on my x or y it wound turn into a giltch item like ??????? that item cound be stuck in my bag forever and it may cause game to freeze. also due to some people not having internet people that have x and y may not be able to go in a game stop tourney if they do not have patch some gamestops or game places have free wifi but not all do. maybe they do not need a patch and the new megas and stuff i s already in game but its too hard for the hacker to find,
Could you please completely retype this, into even slightly understandable english?

Last edited:
So, swampert's obviously going to be a tanky mon with sweeping potential with rain support. Depending on its stat distribution, I'm pretty sure its tanking abilities will land it a status similar to aggron; good, but not OU. Swift swim is what makes it interesting. If it hits hard enough and is fast enough, I can see even some uber viability. Or it could be outclassed by other swimmers, but I can dream.
I'm personally really hyped for Mega Swampert. It's not designed to be a slow tank with a poor typing like Mega Aggron, it's designed to be a bulky rain sweeper. It's definitely not going to be outclassed by other Swift Swimmers, not by a long shot. Electric immunity is **HUGE**. Only Seismitoad has that, and it already has worse bulk and offensives than base form Swampert (though it can use Life Orb, but then it's even less bulky.)

The stat spread I'm guessing hoping for is:
110 -> 165 <- to hit as hard as LO Kabutops, however 150 or 155 are more likely estimates (+55, +40, +45)
90 -> 110 <- More bulk, with a slight physical bias, but if 150/155 attack, then 115/115 (+20, +25, +25)
85 -> 95 <- of course they're going to pump this stat a tiny bit (+10) but if they pump it enough, Swampert can make better use of Hydro Pump, Focus Blast, Ice Beam, Sludge Wave, Earth Power, and Scald, which would make it harder to wall (e.g. Skarmory)
90 -> 95 <- or 105/100 (+5, +15, +10)
60 -> 70 <- It's possible they'll lower it, but those points would need to go somewhere. And +2 really is a good boost; even with base 45 it could still outspeed Greninja while using an Adamant nature. 40 is still outspeeding base 110's. 30 with a positive nature is just under 110's, but I seriously doubt they'd lower it this much. Though again: that just means higher stats in other places (+10)

Of course, these are just rough guesstimates, but it'll be hard for them to fuck up something with 635 BST, double speed, and Water/Ground typing. Waterfall/Erfquake/Ice Punch is nearly perfect coverage, only missing out on Rotom-W (who is ass against Rain teams lol) giving a free slot for Rain Dance (you won't get the Swift Swim boost the turn you MEvolve anyway,) Protect (to get the SS boost safely,) Stone Edge (Gyarados,) Low Kick (Ferrothorn,) or uhhhh HP Flying for Chesnaught (see the SpA boost could be useful.) Yawn could also be good.

Plus, move tutors. Get hype.

All in all, this is exactly what I worried about. Neither of these 2 hold a candle to blaze.
Good. Blaziken is uber. I want to spam muh rain team in OU while using The Hulk+Michael Phelps.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
My guess for this is that the game would play in a similar fashion as with D/P and PT with shaymin and friends. The stats, moves, and abilities would be adjusted but the model wold stay the same. The real problem will be is what would happen if someone tries using kyorgre or groudon with these "new moves". I dont know how it would work for that situation but preventing a battle with a pokemon with new moves is a possibility.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
More important though is its offenses. Mixed offenses seem likely, but I'm hoping for a physical bias. Moves like leaf blade and outrage combined with decent boosting options would be great.
well im not sure what you're on about, Draco MEteor + Leaf Storm STAB combo is hella tight, Mega Sceptile with insane SpA 5-10 more spe and a bit into defenses would be very fun.

It would be really disappointing if scep wasn't granted DM.

All fully evolved dragons get Draco Meteor (AFAICT) so M-sceptile will probably get Draco Meteor, though on the other hand the only non-Dragons to get it are Arceus (and I bet it needs to hold the Draco plate to get it) and an event Jirachi.

So help me God if Mega Swampert gets a 20 Point boost to Speed. (Ties with Kabutops).

All fully evolved dragons get Draco Meteor (AFAICT) so M-sceptile will probably get Draco Meteor, though on the other hand the only non-Dragons to get it are Arceus (and I bet it needs to hold the Draco plate to get it) and an event Jirachi.
Mega Ampharos didn't get Draco Meteor. I highly doubt Sceptile will for the same reason.

They're not Dragons prior to Mega Evolving.

well im not sure what you're on about, Draco MEteor + Leaf Storm STAB combo is hella tight, Mega Sceptile with insane SpA 5-10 more spe and a bit into defenses would be very fun.

It would be really disappointing if scep wasn't granted DM.
It won't get Draco Meteor for the same reason that CharX and Mega Ampharos don't. You're setting yourself up for disappointment if you think otherwise.

On the page from CoroCoro with Groudon and Kyogre, to give a slight summary of what some of the text on the page are saying:

"What could this move be...!?"
"These forms are a result from having regained their true powers"
"Stronger than ever, Groudon and Kyogre!!"

Also, people seem to be saying atom Groudon/Kyogre because of the Japanese word ゲンシ, but the more correct translation would be "origin/primeval". Making these forms of the legendaries Origin/Primal Groudon and Origin/Primal Kyogre respectively.
Simply put these are Groudon and Kyogre`s forms when they were at their prime, peak power. (I reckon these might be related but not particularly a "mega" form)

Additionally from the text, one could speculate that the two will be getting signature moves similar to Dialga`s Time Roar and Palkia`s Space Rend. (Just a possibility)

Enough lurking, time to post.

about the whole update thing, can't they make it that it updates as soon as you interact with ORAS or ORAS related material? Should be posible nowdays right.

As for swampert, I'm totally hyped about him. As for stat predections, I'd predict something more bulky. Around 100/130/130/95/130/60. In any case, it seems imposible to go wrong with it's bst spread. It'll have enough versatility going either for a slow set (avalanche, curse), a rain sweeper set or even a tank. I really wonder how he is gonna turn out. But I hope top class OU.

I'm also loving the magma grunts and courtney. Shame about maxie tough.

Simply put these are Groudon and Kyogre`s forms when they were at their prime, peak power. (I reckon these might be related but not particularly a "mega" form)
(Just a possibility)
I would love to see Zygarde and some fossil pokemon get one of those forms. Tyrantrum and Aurorus both really need a buff they're supposed to be dinosaurs for crying out loud and while tyrantrum is barley usable aurorus is completely crippled by 6 weakness and poor stats to back it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)