Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
I would love to see Zygarde and some fossil pokemon get one of those forms. Tyrantrum and Aurorus both really need a buff they're supposed to be dinosaurs for crying out loud and while tyrantrum is barley usable aurorus is completely crippled by 6 weakness and poor stats to back it up
Who says that a dinosaur has to be competitively viable? Look at Rampardos...

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I would love to see Zygarde and some fossil pokemon get one of those forms. Tyrantrum and Aurorus both really need a buff they're supposed to be dinosaurs for crying out loud and while tyrantrum is barley usable aurorus is completely crippled by 6 weakness and poor stats to back it up
If we're lucky we'll also get those Hidden Abilities that the AI uses in the Masion (fucking cheaters), like Adaptability Poison-Dragon-Thingy-I'm-To-Lazy-To-Look-Up-The-Name-For and Rock Head Tyrantrum. Scarfed Head Smash FTW.

RASFA

Banned deucer.
i do not know still how they will patch x and y if you delete the patch and have a mega stone from oras in your game its turns into a glitched item thats a bug and idk how they will stop that

First thing I'm doing when I get this thing is to remove Brendan's Hat, that's the one thing I have always hated about RSE
(I really like his new color better)

i do not know still how they will patch x and y if you delete the patch and have a mega stone from oras in your game its turns into a glitched item thats a bug and idk how they will stop that
...the same way they've been doing since RSE? Once you patch the game, you can't delete the patch? I'm not even sure how you would even delete a patch in the first place...

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
It doesn't have to be its just disappointing for Pokemon based on a trex and the biggest land animal ever
I suppose... but as bad as the typings are, they make sense. Hopefully the introduction of their HAs will raise their viability, slightly. Choice Scarf Rock Head Head Smash is nice.

-

I wonder if they'll add more legendaries to ORAS? I mean, Soul Silver got the Hoenn weather trio + Lati@s. BW2 got the time-space trio and pixie trio + Lati@s + Regi trio. Heck, even FRLG got a legendary dog.
What new legends will ORAS herald? I'm personally thinking legends from Unova, and maybe some legends from Johto.

RASFA

Banned deucer.
all patch's are saved on sd card on 3ds its impossible to write data to a 3ds game card. and any thing on the sd card is erasable if you lose yah sd and replace it with a new one patch is gone. or if you take it out of the 3ds and put it into a computer and wipe the sd card

all patch's are saved on sd card on 3ds its impossible to write data to a 3ds game card. and any thing on the sd card is erasable if you lose yah sd and replace it with a new one patch is gone. or if you take it out of the 3ds and put it into a computer and wipe the sd card
I'm pretty certain that they can just patch the game card itself, if they could do it on the GBA I'm pretty sure they can on the 3DS. Not 100% certain, but mostly sure.

RASFA

Banned deucer.
I'm pretty certain that they can just patch the game card itself, if they could do it on the GBA I'm pretty sure they can on the 3DS. Not 100% certain, but mostly sure.
that only patchs the save file if you delete it you have to repatch and also it just fixs up a bug in the game not add new stuff also the last x and y patchs were on sd

Last edited:
Hate to be rude, and don't like the logical fallacy that is the "appeal to authority," but I feel it is somewhat appropriate to reference. If it were a massive problem, one with many gaping holes such as the ones you describe, do you really think Game Freak would go forward with this system for ORAS? At worst the two games will not be able to connect without XY getting a patch of some sort, or perhaps some technical details that are above the knowledge of you and I both will allow this to occur with little to no hassle? Just a thought. I highly doubt that Game Freak have some secret desire to corrupt the games that their fanbase bought from them; this isn't exactly Sword Art Online or anything. I wouldn't get too worked up over it. Losing money isn't exactly something they want to do.

On the page from CoroCoro with Groudon and Kyogre, to give a slight summary of what some of the text on the page are saying:

"What could this move be...!?"
"These forms are a result from having regained their true powers"
"Stronger than ever, Groudon and Kyogre!!"

Also, people seem to be saying atom Groudon/Kyogre because of the Japanese word ゲンシ, but the more correct translation would be "origin/primeval". Making these forms of the legendaries Origin/Primal Groudon and Origin/Primal Kyogre respectively.
Simply put these are Groudon and Kyogre`s forms when they were at their prime, peak power. (I reckon these might be related but not particularly a "mega" form)

Additionally from the text, one could speculate that the two will be getting signature moves similar to Dialga`s Time Roar and Palkia`s Space Rend. (Just a possibility)
This is what I get for only looking at pretty pictures. I speak Japanese and I missed the captions. -_-

That settles it.

RASFA

Banned deucer.
well with garatina they made it so if you try to trade
griseous orb to diamond or pearl in the other 4 gen game hg ss or p it auto takes the orb off it and puts it in the bag they can do this when tradeing to x and y from oras with the mega stones that did not exsite in x and y and if you try to battle with them in x and y they could just make em look normal but in oras the mega look can only be seen they do not need a patch

I hope there is new mega form of Charizard i would love to see it has Fire/Fighting
NO JUST NO.
(And this I admit Possibly due to predijuice. Charizard always has been VERY Over-rated IMO.)
If ANY Pokemon existing Mega Evos need an addiotional one, it is Venasuar and Blastoise. That makes it fair then all the Kanto starters have the same number of Mega Evos. Besides there would no logical reason for a 3rd Mega Charizard.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I'm not sure if this is a solid argument when clearly there is major new content in ORAS that does not even exist in X and Y (like, I dunno, new mega evolutions). I'm pretty sure a patch is inevitable because Mega Stones are items, and Mega Evolution is not just a stat, appearance, and ability change (compare to Giratina, Rotom, etc).
I'm afraid Mega Evolutions are just a stat, appearance and ability change, essentially. There's just a Mega Evolution animation involved, but it can easily be played without changing the model of the Mega Evolved Pokémon.

I'm a bit doubtful that you would even be able to battle Mega Sceptile, Swampert, or Diancie on ORAS using X and Y because X and Y will have no damn clue what item they're holding or how to interact with it, especially regarding moves and abilities that involve items, like Knock Off, Trick, Frisk, Magician, etc...

"Gourgeist frisked Sceptile and found its..."
See what RASFA said above (with terribly bad grammar, punctuation and spelling, but his point remains the same). In Gen. IV, Giratina received Griseous Orb in Platinum. It was a hold item, yet it didn't exist in D/P. The solution? Display the item as ??? when viewed on a D/P cart (such as before a trade). Knock Off, Trick and Frisk already existed back then. When you tried to trade a Giratina-O from Platinum to D/P, the Griseous Orb was automatically bagged. The Griseous Orb, just like Mega Stones, could not be Tricked, Knocked Off or otherwise removed during battle.
"Banette frisked Giratina-O and found its ???"
No problem. They could even just label the unknown items "Mega Stone", though I guess ??? would be most likely.

I'm 99% sure that Mega Stones would work the same way. To an X/Y cart, the Mega Evolution animation would play, but it would look as if the evolving Pokémon didn't change at all.

Start with the likeliness that a DLC patch for X and Y for compatibility for the new Megas (and even more specifically their items, the stones). Then factor in that GameFreak is likely aware that Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza are the only box art legendaries that don't have signature moves. Also, GameFreak has CLEARLY taken a liking to adding signature moves, if you haven't noticed that almost all of the new Pokemon introduced this generation received one. (Although, they did Ho-Oh no favors at all...)
We have no precedence for adding new moves in the middle of a generation. We have presedence for moves changing animation, and in some cases even stats, in the middle of a generation. We also know that GameFreak added a bunch of unused moves to X/Y, which would have been pointless if they had just planned to patch moves in later. In all previous generations, signature moves for event legendaries were added to the code of the "base games". I'm pretty sure this indicates that there won't be any new moves this generation either.

If I'm wrong, though, and we do see entirely new moves, abilities or Pokémon species, I'll change my profile pic to a cod for a month, and personally apologize to you in my signature. I'm that certain.

Skore, I hope this answers your points as well.

Last edited:

RASFA

Banned deucer.
most dlcs are not free a patch that adds new megas wound be a payed dlc and people wound not pay to llink oras to x and y also nintendo said main series pokemon games will never get a dlc

I hope there is new mega form of Charizard i would love to see it has Fire/Fighting
Good idea every fire starter should be retconned to Fire/Fighting its what the fans want.

well with garatina they made it so if you try to trade
griseous orb to diamond or pearl in the other 4 gen game hg ss or p it auto takes the orb off it and puts it in the bag they can do this when tradeing to x and y from oras with the mega stones that did not exsite in x and y and if you try to battle with them in x and y they could just make em look normal but in oras the mega look can only be seen they do not need a patch
Please use full stops. I think that sounds about right though. The new mega stones probably won't be tradable to X and Y to avoid problems. It shouldn't be hard to add in their model and stat changes so they can be battled. Having the megas only available in ORAS is a good incentive for people to buy the new games.

RASFA

Banned deucer.
Good idea every fire starter should be retconned to Fire/Fighting its what the fans want.

Please use full stops. I think that sounds about right though. The new mega stones probably won't be trade-able to X and Y to avoid problems. It shouldn't be hard to add in their model and stat changes so they can be battled. Having the megas only available in ORAS is a good incentive for people to buy the new games.
adding the new mega models wound be called dlc dlc cost money. the reason for this wound be cause people wound nit have to buy oras for new megas and it wound get bad sales. also Nintendo says they will not do dlcs for main series Pokemon games.

adding the new mega models wound be called dlc dlc cost money. the reason for this wound be cause people wound nit have to buy oras for new megas and it wound get bad sales. also Nintendo says they will not do dlcs for main series Pokemon games.
If I remember correctly they said they would not do paid dlc's for the main series games and not a word was spoken about content patches. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

I have no real evidence to back this up but I don't think there is a meaningful portion of people who would pass on buying ORAS even if the stones could be traded to XY. Not only are the games themselves a good reason to buy them but they could possibly see exclusive events (like Platinum) and/or be required to participate in VGC (like HGSS).We also have no idea what incentives Nintendo might release with the games (such as the pokewalker).I'm sure there are some people who might pass on ORAS for various reason but pokemon games don't have a sales problem, especially remakes.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Please put a little more thought into your spelling, punctuation and grammar. Smogon has standards, we're just not some kind of chatroom where any level of spelling is accepted. You make good points, but you also make them near-impossible to read. A little more love would make your posts a lot more like-worthy.

First thing I'm doing when I get this thing is to remove Brendan's Hat, that's the one thing I have always hated about RSE
(I really like his new color better)
Yeah, about that... I wonder if character customization will continue? I mean, it was one of the best-loved features of X/Y, but so was overworld Secret Bases in RSE, and Pokémon following you in HGSS. GameFreak have been known to cut away some of the best features between games, after all. We have no indications of its return, but then again we have no indications of anything yet, so I guess it remains possible for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)