Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Is it just me or is this broken? It's got amazing bulk and Dirty Tactics lets it basically sweep through offensive teams with Sucker Punch and Dark Pulse
Yeah, I can just replace Dirty Tactics for Synchronize if enough people are against this.

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Mega Jumpluff
Grass/Flying -> Grass/Flying
Chlorophyll/Leaf Guard/Inflitrator-> Serene Grace
HP: 75 -> 75
Atk: 55 -> 88 (+33)
Def: 70 -> 75(+5)
SpA: 55 -> 120 (+65)
SpD: 95 -> 75 (-20)
Spe: 110 -> 127 (+17)
BST: 450 -> 550
Moves: +Seed Flare, +Air Slash, +Earth Power

Syberia

[custom user title]
Mega Jumpluff
Grass/Flying -> Grass/Flying
Chlorophyll/Leaf Guard/Inflitrator-> Serene Grace
HP: 75 -> 75
Atk: 55 -> 88 (+33)
Def: 70 -> 75(+5)
SpA: 55 -> 120 (+65)
SpD: 95 -> 75 (-20)
Spe: 110 -> 127 (+17)
BST: 450 -> 550
Moves: +Seed Flare, +Air Slash, +Earth Power
Skymin with Sleep Powder is the last thing we need :(

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Skymin with Sleep Powder is the last thing we need :(
What are you talking about? I was making Jumpluff not Shaymin. Anyways, here's my final submission:

Mega Slowking
Water/Psychic -> Water/Psychic
Oblivious/Own Tempo/Regenerator -> Drizzle
HP: 95 -> 95
Atk: 75 -> 75
Def: 80 -> 90 (+10)
SpA: 100 -> 150 (+50)
SpD: 110 -> 140 (+30)
Spe: 30 -> 40 (+10)
BST: 490 -> 590
Moves: +Water Spout, +Thunder

Syberia

[custom user title]
What are you talking about? I was making Jumpluff not Shaymin.
Skymin has Seed Flare, Air Slash, Serene Grace, and the exact same Speed and Special Attack stats. It has been banned from OU for three generations now because of its brokenness. Your Mega Jumpluff would have all these qualities, as well as Sleep Powder and Jumpluff's other annoying moves like Encore.

Here's my submission:

Mega Slowking

Water/Psychic ---> Water/Psychic
Oblivious/Own Tempo/Regenerator ---> Analytic
95/75/80/100/110/30 ---> 95/75/115 (+35)/145 (+45)/130 (+20)/30
BST: 490 ---> BST: 590
No New Moves

Concept: I never understood why they gave Analytic to Starmie, a blindingly-fast Pokemon, and not Slowking, a slow-as-molasses one. Mega Slowking can be used with either Nasty Plot or Calm Mind, and its defensive stats plus Slack Off (it's a shame about no Leftovers with the mega stone) ensure that it will be staying around a while. Analytic will power up its attacks since it should be moving last.

Last edited:
Slowking (Slowkingite)
Type: Water/Psychic -> Water/Psychic
Abilities: Oblivious, Own Tempo (Regenerator) -> Regenerator
New Moves: Wish

HP: 95 -> 95
Atk: 75 -> 75
Def: 80 -> 120 (+40)
SpA: 100 -> 130 (+30)
SpD: 110 -> 150 (+40)
Spe: 30 -> 20 (-10)
BST: 490 -> 590

Keeping things simple. Slowking uses its great defenses and Regenerator along with Wish to not just wall the heck out of things but also play a role in essentially giving teammates a second life with a solid Wish.

Last edited:
I'm on a shitty touch laptop, so this'll be an abridged version. Someone with luxuries like a mouse or a ctrl key to bold stuff... Help?

Mega Umbreon
Type: dark
Ability: Stat Thief (Steals positive stat boosts from the enemy leaving them with none when switched in)
Stat changes: +50 to both defenses

Conceptually, mega Umbreon needs nothing but defense... Well maybe health, but that cant be helped. Not that anyone listens to me or takes me seriously, but this ability could be USEFUL. Trust me just once?

Mega Slowking
Type: same
Ability: Speed Swap (takes the fastest enemy in play and trades base speed stats, doesn't effect EV and natures)
Stat changes: +40 def +50SpAtk, +39 SpDef, -29 Speed

Concept: Slowking champions the idea of having nearly no speed. Everything is faster... If it weren't for it's troll ability. You read my Mega sudo you all forgot about, right? Read why this ability is useful again.

Mega Jumpluff
Type: unchanged
Ability: healing Herb (when switched out, the next target restores one third of their total health, or of Jumpluff's if it has more total health.)

Stat changes+20 def +25SpA, +20 SpDef, +45 speed

Concept: smoke weed everyday! It's medicinal after all.

Aaaaawwww yiiisssss. Pendejin' finally
Jumpluff-Mega
Type: Grass/Flying
Stats: 75/55/75/55/85/110(445)>>>75/55/75/125/105/120(545)
Abilities: Clorophyll/Leaf Guard/Infiltrator>>>Drifter(makes the users moves hit every time and go through substitutes and screens)
Movepool: +Hurricane +Focus Blast +Shadow Ball
These stats accomodate everything an offensive Jumpluff needs
Focus Blast and Shadow Ball have been slapped on wierder things for coverage
Hurricane for good stab
The dex says it can manuever itself perfectly even in harsh winds so the ability fits flavorwise.

Last edited:
I feel like I'm the only person not afraid to outright plummet speed on slowmons because they do not need it.

I mean Slowkings with boosted speeds. I don't get those. Just leave it with 1 speed, folks. It's the king of slow.

Aaaaawwww yiiisssss. Pendejin' finally
Jumpluff-Mega
Type: Grass/Flying
Stats: 75/55/75/55/85/110(445)>>>75/55/75/125/105/120(545)
Abilities: Clorophyll/Leaf Guard/Infiltrator>>>Drifter(makes the users moves hit every time and go through substitutes and screens)
Movepool: +Hurricane +Focus Blast +Surf
These stats accomodate everything an offensive Jumpluff needs
Focus Blast has been slapped on wierder things for coverage
Hurricane for good stab
It can float
The dex says it can manuever itself perfectly even in harsh winds so the ability fits flavorwise.
Why surf tho

Mega Umbreon
Dark >>> Dark
Synchronize/Inner Focus >>> Poison Pores
95/65/110/60/130/65 >>> 95/85(+20)/130(+20)/70(+10)/160(+30)/85(+20)
BST: 525 >>> 625
New Moves: Tail Glow, Knock Off

Ability: Poison Pores
Description: Inflicts damage to the attacker on contact (Iron Barbs/Rough Skin clone)

Umbreon is a fan favorite, and of the Eeveelutions, my personal one. His design is sleek and well polished, and the little fucker's just plain adorable.

What this little guy does, however, is wall. Wall wall wall wall wall wall wall. And, bar Cresselia, he has the best mixed walling stats of any pokemon not in Ubers.

So, how did I go about making him a Mega Evolution?

Well, usually I start with the flavor, but this one was rather tricky, so I jumped straight into the competitive aspect of it. Some people chose to opt for an Umbreon with much greater offensive stat buffs for some reason, but I have chosen to stay true to what Umbreon is at heart competitively, which is being a stellar mixed wall. His physical defenses are on par with the likes of Tangrowth, and his special defenses compare with the likes of Snorlax. So now, he can wall everything (not named Mega Mawile or CB Azumarill) to his heart's content.

What has let Umbreon down, sadly, is his pitiful offenses. While he's a great cleric, he has to rely on Foul Play to inflict steady damage, and on physical setup sweepers, that might just be what you need. However, this tactic doesn't fit on all team archetypes, so I've done whatever I can to remedy that. And I must say, I have remedied it quite well indeed.

In addition to minor offensive stat buffs, which now allow Umbreon to run a more effective Curse set, I went to the flavor department to find the source of the solution to this dilemma. And, amongst the Dex entries, I stumbled upon these tidbits:

"When darkness falls, the rings on the body begin to glow, striking fear in the hearts of anyone nearby."

"Umbreon evolved from exposure to the moon's energy pulses. It lurks in darkness and waits for its foes to move. The rings on its body glow when it leaps to attack."

"When exposed to the moon's aura, the rings on its body glow faintly and it's filled with a mysterious power."

So. Umbreon glows in the dark. Neat shit.

So how does this help?

Glow. Glowing. Glow... What could I do with this?

After much thinking I decided the best option would be to give the fucker Tail Glow.

Tail Glow is a remarkable move, confined thus far to the former-Uber Manaphy and the lower-than-shit Volbeat. Or Illumise. Some shit like that. Manaphy typically has no problem pulling it off and attempting a sweep, but it oftentimes has difficulty due to its decent, but not great, bulk. Umbreon, however, has incredible bulk, and has no issue at all pulling off one, or even TWO, Tail Glows, reaching +6 in a heartbeat. And, after +6, even a feeble base 70 SAtk hits very, very hard.

Now enough with that, let me explain this ability. I took to the Dex once more for inspiration, and this time pulled out this:

"When agitated, this Pokémon protects itself by spraying poisonous sweat from its pores"

Hm.

Now, changing Umbreon's typing would be a sin of the utmost caliber (although Poison/Dark is a hella bitchin' typing), and, let's be honest, Poison Point is shit. So, what I've done, is taken this down another route.

There are different types of poisons out there. Some make you vomit violently and shit your eyes out your arse, and others dissolve your skin like acid. I've decided that the second one would be a better fit in both departments, so that's what I've done. Poison Pores is, yes, a new ability, but it's an exact Iron Barbs/Rough Skin clone tailored to fit Umbreon (coders rejoice). And with most of the move types of Umbreon being physical, this is good news, and helps him perform as an even BETTER wall to deter physical attackers.

All in all, I've simply made Umbreon bigger and badder, and given him some neat tricks (such as the almighty Knock Off) to help him slip in more seamlessly to the OU Meta.

I love Umbreon. Everybody loves Umbreon. He's just a great pokemon in every aspect. And, being one of my favorites, I've done everything I can to make him the best he can be, be it a special sweeper, a bulky attacker, or a wall of epic proportions.

Take your pick.

Defensive:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Abomasnow Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Umbreon: 120-142 (30.4 - 36%) -- 48.8% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Umbreon: 177-208 (44.9 - 52.7%) -- 22.7% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Adaptability Mega Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Umbreon: 192-228 (48.7 - 57.8%) -- 94.9% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Umbreon: 228-270 (57.8 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Umbreon: 170-204 (43.1 - 51.7%) -- 7.4% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Umbreon: 320-380 (81.2 - 96.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Umbreon: 324-384 (82.2 - 97.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Mega Heracross Pin Missile (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Umbreon: 340-420 (86.2 - 106.5%) -- approx. 6.3% chance to OHKO

Offensive:
+6 252+ SpA Mega Umbreon Dark Pulse vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Gengar: 968-1140 (369.4 - 435.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252+ SpA Mega Umbreon Dark Pulse vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Breloom: 288-339 (109.9 - 129.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252+ SpA Mega Umbreon Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Manaphy: 381-448 (111.7 - 131.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252+ SpA Mega Umbreon Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 244-288 (34.6 - 40.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (fuck you Chansey.)

Last edited:
NO NEED TO CREATE NEW ABILITIES FOR EVERY SINGLE MEGA

Mega Slowking
Typing: Water / Psychic -----> Water / Psychic
Abilities: Oblivious / Own Tempo / Regenerator -----> Analytic
BST: 95/75/80/100/110/30 -----> 95/75/150/130/120/20
New Moves: None

Concept: Uh oh! It seems as if the Shellder on Slowking's head has taken up nearly half of its body! Mega Slowking sports a large shell over its head, protecting it from much physical damage, while also further enhancing its intelligence (When its head was bitten, toxins entered Slowpoke's head and unlocked an extraordinary power). As such, Defense and SpAtk were given the biggest buffs. He gains Analytic as an ability, which takes advantage of its horrid speed stat. Now with massive physical bulk, Mega Slowking is able to tank physical hits while setting up Calm Mind or Nasty Plot, something it couldn't do before. However, it still fears powerful Dark and Ghost moves from the likes of Bisharp and Aegislash.

Mega Umbreon
Typing: Dark -----> Dark
Abilities: Synchronize / Inner Focus -----> Poison Point
BST: 95/65/110/60/130/65 -----> 95/105/130/80/140/75
New Moves: Moonblast, Topsy-Turvy, Acid Armor

Concept: Mega Umbreon is now a cool trapper and check to set up sweepers. With a buffed attack stat, it can hit opponents switching out for massive damage. Additionally, the new move in Topsy-Turvy allows it to switch into a resisted attack of a set-up sweeper, reverse its stats, and heal up with Moonlight. The additions of Moonblast, Acid Armor, and Poison point are purely for flavor, and will likely see little use (aside from the mandatory ability). I didn't give it large defense buffs, but he's still hella bulky.

Mega Espeon
Typing: Psychic -----> Psychic
Abilities: Synchronize / Magic Bounce -----> Mold Breaker
BST: 65/65/60/130/95/110 -----> 65/95/70/160/95/140
New Moves: Heat Wave

Concept: Mega Espeon takes "fast cat" to a whole new level. With blistering speed and wallbreaking potential, this feline takes no prisoners. With a little support, it can easily sweep a team; however, it is stopped dead by Mega Umbreon and many other dark types. Heat Wave is for flavor and steel coverage.

Mega Jumpluff
Typing: Grass / Flying -----> Grass / Flying
Abilities: Chlorophyll / Leaf Guard / Infiltrator -----> Infiltrator
BST: 75/55/70/55/95/110 -----> 75/55/90/75/105/160
New Moves: Spore, Parting Shot, Baton Pass

Concept: Mega Jumpluff is annoying as... Well, there aren't many Pokemon more annoying than it. Spore off of Infiltrator and Base 160 speed is terrifying, and will surely piss off anyone not packing Ice Shard or Deo-S with Ice Beam. Parting Shot and Baton Pass are added because it could just "float out" on its cotton spores, and it already has a few moves that switch it out. The only thing stopping this monster is crazy-fast ice moves, grass types, and sleep clause. A support set with four of Spore, Parting Shot, Leech Seed, Synthesis, and Aromatherapy would be pretty cool.

NO NEED TO CREATE NEW ABILITIES FOR EVERY SINGLE MEGA

Mega Umbreon
Typing: Dark -----> Dark
Abilities: Synchronize / Inner Focus -----> Poison Point
BST: 95/65/110/60/130/65 -----> 95/105/130/80/140/75
New Moves: Moonblast, Topsy-Turvy, Acid Armor

Concept: Mega Umbreon is now a cool trapper and check to set up sweepers. With a buffed attack stat, it can hit opponents switching out for massive damage. Additionally, the new move in Topsy-Turvy allows it to switch into a resisted attack of a set-up sweeper, reverse its stats, and heal up with Moonlight. The additions of Moonblast, Acid Armor, and Poison point are purely for flavor, and will likely see little use (aside from the mandatory ability). I didn't give it large defense buffs, but he's still hella bulky. [/HIDE]

Not angry or anything, but weren't you the one who dismissed Topsy-Turvy on Umbreon?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)