Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still making an offensive Umbreon and you can't stop me

Espeon must get Focus Blast and T-bolt. Why doesn't it learn these?

I'm actually thinking Trace as an ability. Remember, it shouldn't outclassing base form and there are a few other Megas with Magic Bounce that it'll otherwise outclass. Trace is the perfect fit, gives it some extra setup opportunities, and isn't Magic Bounce.

I'm still making an offensive Umbreon and you can't stop me

Espeon must get Focus Blast and T-bolt. Why doesn't it learn these?

I'm actually thinking Trace as an ability. Remember, it shouldn't outclassing base form and there are a few other Megas with Magic Bounce that it'll otherwise outclass. Trace is the perfect fit, gives it some extra setup opportunities, and isn't Magic Bounce.
But then it's basically Alakazam

Trace on Umbreon could be cool, although mostly useless

Prankster seems like a little too much, considering how bulky and slow it is. Poison Point/Intimidate seem to be the most logical abilities to give its mega-evo. Topsy-Turvy, while it would be cool on Umbreon, has no flavor to back it up
True and as I said, "I really like this idea but I just think it's too gratuitous and convenient...?"

Edit: Intimidate Umbreon sounds nice. Mashes up well with Parting Shot; helps you to gain momentum from potential switch-outs the ability induces.

Last edited:
I'm thinking Infiltrator to be honest.

Espeon is supposed to also be able to predict both the weather and the opponent's next move using its fur. How about Fur Coat? Is there any good way we can abuse that? If we REALLY want to take it away from how it is right now, how about Cloud Nine? It gives it a niche against all these weather starters.

Apologies if I submitted too soon first. I'll remove that submission as soon as I can. I just interpret the 'discussion' part as submissions as well. Wrong interpretation of the message.

But on the Discussion, looking at the choices of pokemon, I think 2-3 of them could pull of a Gyarados performance. Honestly, I think the candidates of this discussion (Espeon, Umbreon, Jumpluff, Slowking) can have a mega with a Jack of all stats / Master of none stats. I mean aside from the event pixie legendaries with 100 all the board, Houndoom, Flygon, and a few others, we kinda need a jack of all stats mega

Apologies if I submitted too soon first. I'll remove that submission as soon as I can. I just interpret the 'discussion' part as submissions as well. Wrong interpretation of the message.

But on the Discussion, looking at the choices of pokemon, I think 2-3 of them could pull of a Gyarados performance. Honestly, I think the candidates of this discussion (Espeon, Umbreon, Jumpluff, Slowking) can have a mega with a Jack of all stats / Master of none stats. I mean aside from the event pixie legendaries with 100 all the board, Houndoom, Flygon, and a few others, we kinda need a jack of all stats mega
No. We don't.:pirate:

No. We don't.:pirate:
If stats won't favor some of us, can roles be more than one-sided. What I meant by that is that Gyarados is already good. I was thinking on the lines of use a stat boosting moves, then make a kill while you can still take a strong hit one more time after the previous turn. But the 1 million dollar question is how can we make a mega pokemon act like a wall (not a tank like Mega Aggron) with constant recovery without depending on regenarator healing mechanics, wish protects, etc?

Honestly, a lot of us agree on the fact Umbreon is an assassin that excretes poison. Could we give it poison heal as an ability? Or simply give it recover?

If stats won't favor some of us, can roles be more than one-sided. What I meant by that is that Gyarados is already good. I was thinking on the lines of use a stat boosting moves, then make a kill while you can still take a strong hit one more time after the previous turn. But the 1 million dollar question is how can we make a mega pokemon act like a wall (not a tank like Mega Aggron) with constant recovery without depending on regenarator healing mechanics, wish protects, etc?

Honestly, a lot of us agree on the fact Umbreon is an assassin that excretes poison. Could we give it poison heal as an ability? Or simply give it recover?
We have discussed poison heal and decided that it be dumb

It already gets wish

ART THREAD UPDATE

The submission period is now closed for: Ninjask, Octillery, Hippowdon, Archeops
The voting period for these Pokemon is now open and will remain open until June 12th 8:00 PST. Please PM votes to me using the format in the OP (of the art thread).

The submission period is now open for: Vileplume, Pangoro, Rapidash, Cradily
The submission period for these Pokemon will remain open until June 17th 8:00 PST.

Umbreon would be good, maybe broken with only defensive boosts and the ability to both steal and remove all stat changes upon entering the fight. Would then have The bulk to pass them. Thanks for wasting your berry, azumaril, and I hope you shel smashers like being -1 defenses with nothing to show.

Due to some technical difficulties, I'll be posting the results.
Noctowl
Clapyourhands
Noctowl

Typing: Normal / Flying -----> Psychic / Flying
Abilities: Insomnia / Keen Eye / Tinted Lens -----> Quick-Witted (Psychic-type Gale Wings)
BST: 100/50/50/76/96/70 -----> 100/50/70/106/126/90
Moves: Calm Mind, Stored Power

Fedoro
Mega Noctowl (Noctowlite)

Typing: Normal/Flying ------> Psychic/Flying
Abilities: Insomnia/Keen Eye/Tinted Lens ------> Shiver (lowers the opponent's Special Attack stat by one stage upon entering the battle)
Stats: 100/50/50/76/96/70 ------> 100/50/90/86/146/70
New Moves: Heal Bell, Will-O-Wisp, Wish

Furret
Clapyourhands
Furret

Typing: Normal -----> Normal / Dragon
Abilities: Run Away / Keen Eye / Frisk -----> Arena Trap
BST: 85/76/64/45/55/90 -----> 85/116/84/45/65/130
Moves: Dragon Claw, Outrage, Dragon Dance

Sudowoodo
Throbulator36
Sudowoodo-Mega

Type: Rock
Stats: 70/100/115/30/65/30(410)>>>70/140/160/30/80/30(510)
Ability: Rock Head/Sturdy/Rattled>>>Petrified(Changes grass type moves into rock type with a 1.3x boost and blocks passive damage)
Movepool: Same

Politoed
Valmanway
Mega Politoed

Water ----> Water
Water Absorb / Damp (Politoed has other abilities? lol) / Drizzle ----> Technician
90 / 75 / 75 / 90 / 100 / 70 (500) ----> 90 / 125 (+50) / 95 (+20) / 130 (+40) / 100 / 60 (-10) (600)
New Moves: Aqua Jet

This also marks the beginning of the submission period for:

(no images because the unexpectedness of this post)

Jumpluff
Espeon
Umbreon
Slowking

Get to submitting, folks!

one last plug for the art thread voting, I promise

Last edited:
There have been 5 ties so far, and I've been in all of them. Go figure. (Double post because I already formatted this post and I don't want to risk losing the formatting by deleting it to post the other thing).

Slowking

Slowking

Typing: Water/Psychic -----> Water/Psychic
Abilities: Oblivious / Own Tempo / Regenerator -----> Analytic
BST: 95/75/80/100/110/30 -----> 95/95/90/130/130/50
New moves: U-Turn

The stat spread is exactly the same as Mega Slowbro's (apparently I won that one and I didn't even know o.o) but with the defenses switched, just like Slowbro and Slowking's stats are distributed currently. However, rather than the defensive Unaware orientation of Slowbro, Slowking takes a more offensive route, with Analytic instead. Base 50 speed makes it the slowest current fully-evolved holder of the ability (Patrat doesn't count, if it mattered). 130 Special Attack becomes a nice 169 factoring in Analytic, so it's a lot stronger than its base stats imply. U-Turn serves 2 purposes here. Firstly, Slowking is a slow defensive Pokemon, so it can use U-Turn to cushion a blow for the next Pokemon sent out. Secondly, there is nothing a Psychic-type fears more than U-Turn; the way current mechanics work, if the Pokemon using U-Turn moves after the Pokemon using Pursuit, then the Pokemon using U-Turn will only take regular rather than 2x damage from Pursuit. Slowking certainly won't like being hit by Pursuit, but at least it won't be outright murdered by it every single time.

Eeveelutions
I'll keep this simple. Every Eeveelution I'll be submitting will have similar stat values, but in different stats, just as their standard forms do. However, because HP can't be changed, there will be a few minor differences. Basically...

- Highest stat gets a boost of 30; the "130" stat (Since Vaporeon's highest stat is HP, this goes into its "110" stat instead)
- Second-highest stat gets a boost of 20; the "110" stat (Vaporeon gets this on its "95" stat instead)
- If HP is 65, "95" stat gets a boost of 20; otherwise, "60" stat gets boost of 20
- Remaining 2 stats get boost of 15

Typing also stays the same because I saw no reason for it not to. I contemplated giving each of them a Normal-typing, but it wouldn't help much; a Fighting weakness for a Normal STAB isn't much of a trade-off, and on top of that I felt that the addition would be more of a change for the sake of change rather than an actually beneficial change. Finally, every Eeveelution keeps its Hidden Ability upon Mega Evolving. For most of them, it's the better option; even for the ones that it isn't (notably Umbreon and Jolteon, my favorite two Eeveelutions), I had them keep their hidden abilities for the sake of consistency. Finally, none of them get new moves because, despite their limited movepools, they all have just what they need to function (at least since Flareon got Flare Blitz this generation). So without further ado, here are my Eeveelution submissions:

Espeon

Espeon

Typing: Psychic -----> Psychic
Abilities: Synchronize / Magic Bounce -----> Magic Bounce
65/65/60/130/95/110 -----> 65/80/75/160/115/130

Mega Espeon's gonna be scary, if you can't already tell. 160 Special Attack and 130 Speed will let it murder most things flat out. Magic Bounce is really just the icing on the cake. With Baton Pass largely nerfed, however, Espeon needed a little something beyond Magic Bounce to keep it relevant. While the stat spread may be a little extreme, it is unlikely that anyone will use up their only Mega slot on a Magic Bouncer; any Pokemon with Magic Bounce could fill that support role without being a Mega, so Espeon also needed an offensive presence to justify its use over the likes of Xatu and even its standard form. 115 Special Defense is good, but average for a Mega. Mega Espeon's main weak point is its low Defense, making it weak to most forms of priority. Dark-types also largely put a stop to it. Mega Espeon is going to be a force to be reckoned with, but hopefully it is also frail enough to have its counters.

Umbreon

Umbreon

Typing: Dark -----> Dark
Abilities: Synchronize / Inner Focus -----> Inner Focus
95/65/110/60/130/65 -----> 95/80/130/80/160/80

Umbreon probably was hurt the hardest by the decision to have all the Eeveelutions keep their Hidden Abilities upon Mega Evolution. It's not that Inner Focus is a bad ability, it's just not a very useful one. Synchronize, on the other hand, is at least useful to a defensive Pokemon like Umbreon because it discourages the opponent from statusing it. Nevertheless, Inner Focus doesn't hurt Umbreon, so I guess no harm no foul? Anyways, 95/130/160 bulk is pretty amazing, even though 80/80/80 offenses aren't very spectacular. Luckily for it, Umbreon isn't an attacker, so it doesn't have to rely very heavily on its mediocre offensive stats. Mega Umbreon takes Umbreon's defensive skills to the next level, certainly worth consideration in anyone looking for a bulky Mega.

Espeon
Mega Ability: Magic Bounce
Typing: Psychic --> Psychic

Stat Changes:
HP: 65
ATK: 65
DEF: 60 --> 80 (+20)
SpAtk: 130 --> 160 (+30)
SpDef: 95 --> 125 (+30)
Speed: 110 --> 130 (+20)

Movepool Additions: +Focus Blast

I avoided boosting physical defense too much so that Mega Espeon still needed to worry about strong and/or super-effective physical attacks aimed at it. 130 is an excellent speed tier, outspeeding the extreme majority of non-Choiced Pokémon with maximum investment; this fantastic speed allows great utilization of its fantastic base 160 SpAtk from which it can fire powerful STAB Psychics/Psyshocks.

Focus Blast is an important addition to the movepool, causing things such as Bisharp to be afraid to switch in.

I predict that any variant of Mega Espeon will be a huge threat in this hypothetical metagame.

Now that the submissions are finally open, here are my ideas. But honestly, to the reply with the litwick picture, the stat management is pretty difficult for me to digest. So I'm just doing it my way as to how I see the stat management for my eeveelution 'submissions'.
======================================================================================================================================

Since this is about eeveelutions, for me, the way they should look like should be something like this coming from the creative ideas of this artist. For future eeveelution ideas along with previous entries, same thing from that link of the picture from GlitchSamo21 at deviantart.

Mega Espeon (Espeite)
Abilities:
Synchronize / Magic Bounce ===> Prepper (May create a substitute upon entering battle)
Details: Prepper - the ability is an automatic substitute that may or may not happen.
Typing: Psychic ===> Psychic
Base HP = 65
Attack = 65 ========> 100 (+35)
Defense = 60 =======> 75 (+15)
Sp. Attack = 130 ====> 160 (+30)
Sp. Defense = 95 ====> 100 (+5)
Base Speed = 110 ===> 125 (+15)
Additional Moves: none
Flavor wise, I take the Pokémon Y dex entry of Espeon where her forked tail quivers prediction its opponent's next move. While Anticipation is nice on her, I just find that spicing up her ability could work. Hence the Prepper ability. It just won't work if it enters the field on the first turn of the battle. Let's say I'm fighting Conkeldurr with my weakened Jirachi. Switching out to my death fodder espeon (who did its job done already), Conkeldurr uses knock off on her. Normally, it should have killed her. But the ability activates upon entering the battlefield, the knock off hits the auto summoned substitute instead (ala protect.)

Mega Umbreon (Umbrite)
Abilities:
Synchronize / Inner Focus ===> Blur (User may dodge Contact Moves.)
Details: Blur = Simply, it is like Snow Cloak / Sand Veil built for dodging some attacks that make contact only like Close Combat or U-Turn. But Earthquake and Stone Edge still hits it.
Typing: Dark ===> Dark
Base HP = 95
Attack = 65 =======> 130 (+65)
Defense = 110 =====> 90 (-20. transfer to sp. atk)
Sp. Attack = 60 ====> 120 (+60)
Sp. Defense = 130 ==> 90 (-40. transfer to sp. atk)
Base Speed = 65 ===> 100 (+35)
Additional Moves: Knock Off.

Inspired by Pokémon X's description where it hunts on the night and changes its genetic structure, I grab gameplay inspiration from my DOTA 2 competitive gameplay experience playing as Phantom Assassin. PA (short term) is most well known for being one of the most dangerous carries in the late game that can deal damage in the four digit mark of the thousand damage (ex. 1512). She's fairly tanky in a way as well but very weak to ability based attacks. Hence the ability Mega Umbreon has reflects Phantom Assassin's ability to dodge right click physical attacks from carries in DOTA 2 fairly well, and the reason why I made Umbreon's mega give up some of its bulk while maintaining enough to take a bit more hits.
====================================================================

Mega Jumpluff (Jumplite)
Abilities:
Chlorophyll / Leaf Guard / Infiltrator ===> Cotton Shed (Switches out to an ally when using Cotton Moves. Acts like Baton Pass that only works using two moves: Cotton Spore and Cotton Guard.)
Typing: Grass / Flying ===> Grass / Flying
Base HP = 75
Attack = 55 =======> 80 (+25)
Defense = 70 ======> 95 (+25)
Sp. Attack = 55 ====> 75(+20)
Sp. Defense = 95 ===> 120 (+25)
Base Speed = 110 ===> 115 (+5)
Additional Moves: Roost
Since jumpluff flies all over the world scattering cottons according to the pokedex, I emphasize that cotton shedding to its ability and moves. What Mega Jumpy can do is either slow down the enemy with Cotton Spore or buff itself with Cotton Guard. Since the ability gives +2 priority to cotton based moves, and switches out to its ally, it almost gets away instantly as a support mon. Simply, the ability is like prankster that only works for certain moves.

Last edited:

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Mega Jumpluff

Grass / Flying ----> Grass / Flying
Chlorophyll / Leaf Guard / Infiltrator ----> Prankster
75 / 55 / 70 / 55 / 95 / 110 (460) ----> 75 / 65 (+10) / 100 (+30) / 65 (+10) / 125 (+30) / 130 (+20) (560)
New Moves: Taunt and Parting Shot

Hooo boy, do I have a nightmare for you guys this time. Mega Jumpluff's new ability in Prankster makes him quite possibly the most broken Prankster user in the entire game, and that's saying something. With new moves in Taunt and Parting Shot getting +1 priority, Mega Jumpluff is a natural enemy to defensive and offensive teams alike, and is more than capable of crippling even well prepared teams with priority Sleep Powder. Mega Jumpluff's support movepool also consists of Encore, Aromatherapy, Stun Spore, Leech Seed, and Memento, providing teammates with invaluable prioritized support. Jumpluff can either be a team crippler with a combination of supporting and crippling options, or be a special wall and mainly focus on support. Keeping the Grass / Flying typing, since it's a crippling typing that hopefully balances out Prankster.

Guys, thank you for making my Noctowl win! :D First submission ever, it's good to see you've recognized my work :)

And Grats to Valmanway; you weren't my #1, but still I voted you and so I'm happy your Politoed won :)

And now... SUBMISSIONS FOR MEGA-ESPEON, MEGA-UMBREON AND MEGA-JUMPLUFF

Mega Espeon (Espeonite)
Typing: Psychic ------> Psychic
Abilities: Magic Bounce/Synchronize ------> Mind Reader (It has the combined effects of Frisk and Anticipation)
Stats: 65/65/60/130/95/110 ------> 65/65/80/165/115/135
New Moves: Aura Sphere, Heat Wave

Description

Mega-Espeon is meant to be a fast-yet-hard-special-hitter, with tons of utility thanks to its brand new ability Mind Reader. Since the Dex entry says that "it uses the fine hair that covers its body to sense air currents and predict its enemy's actions", I've decided to make it capable of doing something as similar as possible to the description: so, everytime Mega-Espeon comes in, the opponent's item would be revealed, as well as possible supereffective moves against Mega-Espeon itself. With a good boost to both Speed and SpAtk, and the addiction of Aura Sphere (Espeon is the Psychic Eeveelution: its aura is surely strong and capable of hit hard) and Heat Wave (don't forget Espeon is the Sun Pokemon, and that tons of Psychic types already know this), Mega Espeon is also no longer walled by Steel types.

THREATS
With all those boosts, Mega-Espeon is still uncapable of tanking Knock Off and Sucker Punch at all, so nearly any Dark type will be a problem for it: besides there are some SpDef wall capable of taking hits very good - for example Heatran is only 3HKOed by Aura Sphere.

Mega Umbreon (Umbreonite)
Typing: Dark ------> Dark
Abilities: Inner Focus/Synchronize ------> Synchronize
Stats: 95/65/110/60/130/65 ------> 95/90/135/60/150/95
New Moves: Knock Off

Description

Since Umbreon is already a great and A.A.F (Annoying As Fuck) Pokemon, I definitely don't see why change it too much. Same type and same ability, this time I think the stats are the most important thing to analyze: both of the defenses boosted, a good buff for attack too (and also the addiction of the infamous Knock Off to become even more annoying), and mostly a + 30 in speed. This last one is the brand new weapon of Mega-Umbreon: not all the pokemon who has access to Taunt are this fast (Terrakion, for example, is - but you won't surely stay in on a Terrakion with a Dark-type, so...), so now Mega-Umbreon is not only a slow and amazing wall, but it can also cripples the opponent's walls by nullifying their satus moves.

THREATS
Mega-Umbreon, as well as its normal form, has no viable attacking moves except for STABbed ones: this means that every Fairy or Fighting type would still be a threat to it.

Mega Jumpluff (Jumpluffite)
Typing: Grass/Flying ------> Grass/Flying
Abilities: Chlorophyll/Infiltrator/Leaf Guard ------> Infiltrator
Stats: 75/55/70/55/95/110 ------> 75/80/70/55/120/160
New Moves: Spore, Tail Wind

Description

Mega-Jumpluff got an amazing speed buff that makes it the second fastest pokemon alongside with Ninjask: it is also a little bulkier on the special side, and a little stronger on the physical offensive side (even if it doesn't matter too much). What's very good is its brand new speedy-Infiltrator-Spore, which is so fast that it can't be countered by Taunt users (if not Prankster ones, or Deoxys-Speed), and the always useful Tailwind, to also make its team fellows way more faster than the normal.

THREATS
Mega-Jumpluff didn't take any buff for what concerne its physical defense, and 75 HP + 70 Def stats aren't surely too hard to beat down (also counting that it has to rely only on Synthesis to gain back HP).

Last edited:
Jumpluff (Jumpluffite)
Type: Grass/Flying -> Grass/Flying
Abilities: Chlorophyll, Leaf Guard (Infiltrator) -> Infiltrator
New Moves: Spore, Baton Pass, Nasty Plot

HP: 75 -> 75
Atk: 55 -> 55
Def: 70 -> 80 (+10)
SpA: 55 -> 105 (+50)
SpD: 90 -> 90
Spe: 110 -> 150 (+40)
BST: 460 -> 560

Built to be annoying, Infiltrator allows Spore, Encore, Stun Spore, and Leech Seed to ignore Substitute. The only thing that can save you is immunity and the sleep clause, but that means that Jumpluff can create tons of setup opportunities for itself or for teammates. 150 Spe Spore might seem scary but every team has Mega Saur, Ferrothorn, or Magic Bounce.

It also gets Baton Pass which works well with access to a boosting move for every stat but Speed.

Espeon (Espeonite)
Type: Psychic -> Psychic
Abilities: Synchronize (Magic Bounce) -> Competitive
New Moves: Focus Blast, Thunderbolt

HP: 65 -> 65
Atk: 65 -> 65
Def: 60 -> 80 (+20)
SpA: 130 -> 160 (+30)
SpD: 95 -> 115 (+20)
Spe: 110 -> 140 (+30)
BST: 525 -> 625

Offensive Espeon? Yes. Meant to use CM to its fullest capacity. Competitive is a fine ability that makes for some switch-ins and makes sure it doesn't directly outclass other Magic Bounce 'mons. If it can get a Competitive boost, it can forgo CM and just destroy opponents.

Umbreon (Umbreonite)
Type: Dark -> Dark
Abilities: Synchronize (Inner Focus) -> Technician
New Moves: Double Kick, Poison Tail, Knock Off

HP: 95 -> 95
Atk: 65 -> 85 (+20)
Def: 110 -> 140 (+30)
SpA: 60 -> 80 (+20)
SpD: 130 -> 160 (+30)
Spe: 65 -> 65
BST: 525 -> 625

Bulky af Curse user and general wall. Technician because its STAB options suck. Technician STAB Pursuit is cool. Otherwise it's just a better Umbreon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)