Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer - Pokemon Showdown! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattL

I have discovered a truly remarkable CT which this box is t-
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You just got really unlucky; I'm basically 100% certain Attract works the way it's supposed to.

For short, simple questions, please post them in the Simple Questions/Simple Answers thread. To report a bug, please use the Bug Reports thread. Both of the links can be found in the blue bar near the top of the screen under "PS! Posting Rules."

Hey. Is it at all possible to obtain the movedex code from previous generations of pokemon showdown. I wanted to get the code of some moves from gen 2 and gen 4, but have no idea where to find them. Any advice?

Is there a way to report people who decide to cuss at your for 10 minutes because they lost or do I just laugh at them and move on with my life?

*edit, I also ran into a guy who used a entertainment, Truant Durant to pretty much cause the battle to take forever. Is that allowed?

Last edited:
Is there a way to report people who decide to cuss at your for 10 minutes because they lost or do I just laugh at them and move on with my life?

*edit, I also ran into a guy who used a entertainment, Truant Durant to pretty much cause the battle to take forever. Is that allowed?
Ideally unless the user is spamming you you'd want to do /ignore username but if they are spamming then PM a global driver (%) with screenshots and they will be locked so as to prevent them from doing it to anyone else. Also regarding the endless battle basically they are prohibited but the strategy you stated just makes the battle really long so technically while annoying its not prohibited

Question: Does Pokemon Showdown put up a battle format for all of the official Online Tournaments for the time that they matter, such as the Fairy Face-Off?? I know you did this for the Fairy Face-Off, but I wanted to know if you do this for all of them.

EX: Putting a new competition format up soon after the announcement, then only having it up until the official tournament ends.

Last edited:

Just to point something out, if you do /ignore the person, your ignore will be erased when you next log in, so if they continue to harass you then you should definitely PM a global driver with screenshots.

As for entrainment truant durant, that doesn't violate EB clause because the point of the strategy is to get up to +6 and then sweep, as opposed to the funbro strategy which was intended not to win but to make the battle go on forever until the opponent decides to forfeit. If he was intentionally time stalling, for example taking a minute or longer between moves even though all he had to do was click protect, boost, protect, boost, etc., then that is against the rules and he can get kicked from the battle for doing that.

im sure alot of people have asked this question, but here goes :DDDD

In the tournaments chatroom it says scripted tourneys have been disabled due to 'lag'. Yet in other chatrooms they can start scripted tourneys just fine. Howcome the tournaments room is the only room to suffer from this 'lag' thing? And even then i've never experienced any lag during tourneys, and ive been in a fair few if i say so myself. In fact from my experience the tournaments suffer from marginally less lag than the regular ladder battles do.

So what gives? :/

haunter

Banned deucer.
im sure alot of people have asked this question, but here goes :DDDD

In the tournaments chatroom it says scripted tourneys have been disabled due to 'lag'. Yet in other chatrooms they can start scripted tourneys just fine. Howcome the tournaments room is the only room to suffer from this 'lag' thing? And even then i've never experienced any lag during tourneys, and ive been in a fair few if i say so myself. In fact from my experience the tournaments suffer from marginally less lag than the regular ladder battles do.

So what gives? :/
Scripted tournaments are disabled globally.

Scripted tournaments are disabled globally.
not true, ive taken part in 2 scripted tourneys in the other metas room (or some other room) since the scripted tournaments have been disabled from the tournaments room.
Unless all the scripted tournaments were disabled from the entire website relatively recently, your argument is invalid.

not true, ive taken part in 2 scripted tourneys in the other metas room (or some other room) since the scripted tournaments have been disabled from the tournaments room.
Unless all the scripted tournaments were disabled from the entire website relatively recently, your argument is invalid.
Admins can do anything, like start tournaments while they are globally disabled. I do run tournaments in Other Metas because 1) it's much smaller than the tournaments room 2) one tour on isn't going to affect lag as compared to multiple tours running simultaneously. I also started a tournament in the Ubers room because they have a weekend tournament once a week.

Tournaments are in fact disabled globally and no I will not start one if you pm me, unless you are a room owner of a metagame room and it is a special tour like every weekend.

Admins can do anything, like start tournaments while they are globally disabled. I do run tournaments in Other Metas because 1) it's much smaller than the tournaments room 2) one tour on isn't going to affect lag as compared to multiple tours running simultaneously. I also started a tournament in the Ubers room because they have a weekend tournament once a week.

Tournaments are in fact disabled globally and no I will not start one if you pm me, unless you are a room owner of a metagame room and it is a special tour like every weekend.
Oh cool, never knew that. Explains a lot :P
Thanks Immortal! :D

Skalaylee

I dont even realize everyone in my sig is being sarcastic
Is there any way to get an account that hasn't been used in a long time, but is taken?
Yes, you can request a name change on PS by pm'ing Zarel or maybe even another admin. Aslong has it has no battles and hasnt been used in a fair amount of time you should be able to get it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)