Other Pokemon: Smogon Version OU [Route 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
Can we have the Victory Road mountain with that name, or name it simply Victory Road. Or we can stretch this mountain across the region like Mt. Coronet. Ofc this is 'cos i'm assuming our Victory Road is in a mountain(like every other region), we could simply deviate from the concept as well.

Can we have the Victory Road mountain with that name, or name it simply Victory Road. Or we can stretch this mountain across the region like Mt. Coronet. Ofc this is 'cos i'm assuming our Victory Road is in a mountain(like every other region), we could simply deviate from the concept as well.

Its worth discussing but the mountain isn't exactly on that size with the map to reach victory road (even if it technically can be entered from three different points if you wish to go that bit) but I think that might be stretching it there bud.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
Its worth discussing but the mountain isn't exactly on that size with the map to reach victory road (even if it technically can be entered from three different points if you wish to go that bit) but I think that might be stretching it there bud.
alrighty, just working my brains here

To be extra stupid (in terms of the TLS Grunt), we should have it so that the Seel is a reasonably low level (like maybe a level or two above the wild Pokemon here) and thus Horn Drill will never hit. And training off this loser becomes easy

SparksBlade

Community Leader
Maybe a TLS plot could fit here, with them looking for some legendary Pokémon here(heatran or groudon). Will propose it formally when I get to laptop, but what do you people think?

Team Lucksack Grunt

Whirlipede
Speed Boost
-Double Team
-Iron Defense
-Baton Pass
-Poison Sting

Seel
-Horn Drill
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

Start: I'm unstoppable!!!!!!!!!!!

Finish: This no in-battle Ether rule is super gay
Whirlipede doesn't learn BP, trust me I would totally be trolling LC with venipass into Natu right now if it were possible.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Whirlipede doesn't learn BP, trust me I would totally be trolling LC with venipass into Natu right now if it were possible.
Damn. I'll have to go with my 2nd idea:

Team Lucksack Grunt

Start: FEAR MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ratata
Level 1
Focus sash
-Endeavor
-Quick Attack
-Double Team

Swinub
Level 1
Focus sash
-Endeavor
-Ice Shard
-Mud Slap
-Double Team

Hippopotas
Level 15
-Dig
-Sand Attack
-Toxic
-Swagger

Aron
Level 1
Sturdy
Shell Bell
Level 1
-Endeavor
-Toxic
-Sand Storm
-Double Team

Donphan
Level 25
Sturdy
Shell Bell
-Endeavor
-Ice Shard
-Sand Storm
-Double Team

Lose: Wait, why don't you fear me??????????

(Maybe because our own Pokemon are still only around level 25 lolz)

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Actually, probably want this mountain to be the first big encounter with team luck sack.

Anyone want to write up a plot for them?

Also need a lot more TLS character suggestions, including 1 TLS boss battle.

What would their mindset be i wonder?

"Hey, how do we show how tough we are to people?''
''Tough guys do tough things in tough places, right?''
''Yeah...''
''Well, what place is tougher than a volcano to mess with people?''
''Hell Yeah!!!"

Idk, thats just what id imagine the evil teams (especially one that acts so stupid) saying at their committee meetings (or whatever they do to discuss their evil plans).

Last edited:

SparksBlade

Community Leader
It seems like it'll take more time than I thought. I've the basic layout ready in my head, just going through almost every floor of a cave or mountain from all the games to kind of help explaining it. Will post it surely tomorrow, sorry for the delay

Salemance Solid tactic, much approve.

Anyway, stupid TLS BS, eh? I'll make something up real fast.

Stupid BP BS, hooooooo!

Admin Gorbachello

Venonat @ Mental Herb
Ability: Compound Eyes
Level: 20
EVs: 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Baton Pass
- Agility
- Double Team
- Sleep Powder

Swadloon @ Mental Herb
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Baton Pass
- Iron Defense
- Synthesis
- Razor Leaf

Furret @ Mental Herb
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Baton Pass
- Amnesia
- Double Team
- Return

Zigzagoon @ Berry Juice
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Thief

Intro Quote: With all my pokemon's powers combined, you cannot possibly win!

Loss Quote: Was... my combined power not enough?

If you guys want this to be the boss or something I'll probably come up with more significant stuff to say.

*edit*

At the request of Chou, I'm gonna make this the boss. We should prolly have a grunt using sleep spam and a grunt using evasion spam sometime before this boss so that he isn't totally blind sided by this probably OP team I threw together. Imma come up with some actual text to go with this fight.

*player reaches near the end of the tunnel, where he sees a man in a flamboyant costume ordering around some TLS grunts*

???: "Excellent job men, keep looking for those XD fossils, we need them for the Bypass Project."

*an exclamation point appears over the leader's head*

*he turns around and faces the player*

???: "So you're the one who has been interrupting my men's work! My men may be unskilled in the ways of proper battling, but even they are well above the sheep that is the average smogonite! The people of this land attempt to regulate the way we battle, the teams that we can make, the strategies that we can use. They ban anything that doesn't fit their idea of a 'desirable metagame', and cast aside perfectly viable niches to pokemon who would otherwise have none! We, Team Luck Sack, will have none of that! We stand for the freedom of all strategies, and I swear, on the name my mother has so gracefully bestowed upon me, that I, Gorbachello, shall defeat you!"

Gorbachello: "So prepare yourself kid. Too many battlers think of their team as a group of individuals without considering what they can do for eachother. Others consider how their team supports eachother and builds their team around how they synergize with eachother. Well, I'm taking it to the next level. I shall combine the power of all my pokemon and overwhelm you with their raw, collective might! Engarde, kid!"

*battle begins*

*Gorbachello loses a pokemon*

Gorbachello: "Nooo, my chain was broken! I must think of a backup plan quick!"

*Gorbachello loses*

Gorbachello: "Was my team's collective might.... not enough?"

*battle ends*

Gorbachello: "You got lucky this time kid, but don't you dare try getting in our way again. Once Project Bypass is finished, nothing will be able to stop the torrent of new strategies from sweeping the region! The sheep of this region will either be unable to or outright refuse to adapt, and Team Luck Sack shall rule the competitive scene!"

*Gorbachello leaves the player to reflect on what he had just heard*

Alright, so I feel like the admins shouldn't be idiots and felt like they should be able to spout at least semi-coherent anti-smogon arguments justifying their mission. However, about halfway through writing the above I noticed that maybe I went a little long in the justification and was worried that I should be saving some of this crap for the leader. But I liked what I wrote, so I decided instead to make this admin an extremely verbose and flamboyant character (which is how I came up with his name). I also gave them something resembling an agenda (also came up with that on the spot) with this scene.

Sooo yeah, we need more TLS grunts if this guy is going to make sense. This is supposed to be the scene of a major mining operation for a significant project (note that the Bypass Project is simply one of several projects to introduce uncompetitive elements into the Smog Smog region, there are others but the player is not aware of this yet).

Last edited:

SparksBlade

Community Leader
Alright so here's what I thought up for the plot of the mountain. I went through the images of many floors of caves and mountains, and while i got some ideas, i couldn't connect many of them so it seems we'll have to build our own mountain.

Story
As we enter the mountain, a hiker comes to us "Hey kid! Looks like you're all hyped up for this mountain, but let me tell you, this is actually a volcano, so be careful. Also, take these" Gives 3 Escape Ropes. "These are mighty helpful when you gotta get outta here real quick. Them PokeMarts have these as well, so buy from there if ya need more. Happy hiking yung 'un!" We move on, get stalked by a few Ferroseed's(can we squeez horde encounters here?), and then we reach a kind of fork: One leads to the actual exit(which is now blocked 'cos of any stupid reason); The second leads to a place where some people in mining clothes, and bandanas. You talk to one and he says that they're just mining and all and little kids shouldn't come here. You talk to another and he says "What do you want kid? Wha-Why are you staring at my bandana? Damn!" turns to other miners "Guys, we've been recognised by the kid. Let's get rid of him." and we can either have a horde battle, or one like in the Dragonspiral Tower where we fight one after the other. After beating them, they cry about losing to a kid, when they receive a message on there walkie-talkie "We've dug it from below. If you're finished come down." and they climb down a hole they had dug. tempted by curiosity and a feeling of valour You also jump down the hole to enter a tunnel-something. Moving through the tunnel, and beating up some Ferros, you find a gate guarded by a TLS grunt who shouts at you for having no decency to not disturb them. After beating him, you walk in to see a lava lake with a machine in between, and a couple of TLS grunts, and an Admin on one side of the lake. The admin checks into his bent iPhone 6 super hi-fi device and sighs, "This one's a negative as well. [Leader name] wouldn't be pleased. Maybe we should check at the remaining few as well, just in case..." and he saw you! He sends 2 TLS grunts to battle you, and after you beat them, he challenges you himself "You show grit and skill, but we cannot be thwarted, for me must succeed and fulfil Young Lord's wish. You stand in our way, so i must battle you." After beating him, he says "Interesting. But we must not stop. Since i lost, i can only request you not to follow, for what we seek is for the greater good." And they all leave. And surprisingly, the exit is no longer blocked. And you leave, thinking of the adventures ahead, of what the aim of TLS is, and who could be the Young Lord...

Basically, that's all for now, though later you find out that they were there looking for the legendaries found in a Volcano: Entei, Heatran, and Primal Groudon.
You come back after aquiring the legendary Rock Smash and Strength, and after learning that the Volcano's about to erupt due to TLS' shenanigans. That's when you explore the mountain more, and can capture Heatran. Reviews?

EDIT: Also someon will have to make the teams for them all 'cos i'm not good at that

Chou Toshio

Over9000
Salemance Solid tactic, much approve.

Anyway, stupid TLS BS, eh? I'll make something up real fast.

Stupid BP BS, hooooooo!

TLS <insert rank here>

Venonat @ Mental Herb
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Baton Pass
- Agility
- Double Team
- Sleep Powder

Swadloon @ Mental Herb
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Baton Pass
- Iron Defense
- Synthesis
- Razor Leaf

Furret @ Mental Herb
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Baton Pass
- Amnesia
- Double Team
- Return

Zigzagoon @ Berry Juice
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Thief

Intro Quote: With all my pokemon's powers combined, you cannot possibly win!

Loss Quote: Was... my combined power not enough?

If you guys want this to be the boss or something I'll probably come up with more significant stuff to say.
I'd say make it the boss-- so character design would be good too.

Need more grunts peeps

TLS Grunt Gregory
Quote: "Hit me if you can!"
Gible L25
Ability: Sand Veil
Item: Brightpowder
-Sandstorm
-Double Team
-Dig (or Sand Tomb)
-Dragon Rage

Swinub L25
Ability: Snow Cloak
Item: Brightpowder
-Hail
-Double Team
-Ice Shard
-Dig

Taillow L25
Ability: Guts
Item: Toxic Orb
-Double Team
-Wing Attack
-Facade
-Quick Attack
End Quote: "You got me?!"
Swinub and Gible are there for rage inducing evasion with Taillow to smash some heads in. Only 3 pokes to avoid being too op. Hopefully not too evil yet.

Last edited:
TLS Grunt/Scientist Albert

Aipom @ Normal Gem
Ability: Pickup
Level: 25
Happiness: 1
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Agility
- Baton Pass

Ninjask @ Air Balloon
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance
- Protect
- Substitute

Quilladin @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
Modest Nature
- Sunny Day
- Solar Beam
- Leech Seed
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Smeargle @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Punch
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Shard

Before battle: Team Lucksack is researching the forbidden art of Baton Pass! Day by day, our teams are improving, and soon the world will tremble at the team preview screen!... *cough*, wait, I meant at the name of Team Lucksack.

After battle: Maybe I should see what other moves Smeargle can learn... also, is there also another pokemon that has Speed Boost and learns Baton Pass?

(Slowpoke/Slowbro can't get access to Heal Pulse until they reach higher levels, so I'll save that set for a later grunt. I think I'll save a full FEAR + Oran Berry Magnemite team for a bit later too, once Team Lucksack gets serious, as both of these are more dangerous then the various joke teams we are proposing.)

Last edited:

SparksBlade

Community Leader
I just thought that we should have a kind of sensible guy in TLS as well(doesn't make sense, but hear me out). Remember the scientist from B2W2 who actually wasn't that evil, maybe we should have a guy like that, who's with TLS "searching for the meaning of his life", and actually uses a different strategy every time you battle him, sometimes using even legit teams. He needn't appear now, but i would like to know what you all think of it. Also, he actually comes clean at the end, finding some super-saint meaning to his life. And nice one WebBowser ;)

edit: Also realised our Pokemon are reaching around 25-28 by now i guess and since the gym will be at Lv30, i say we introduce the town/city right after exiting the volcano without any forced challenges.

DoW

formally Death on Wings
TLS Coder Zarel (See this for reference)
Before Battle: Hi! I'm new here! Can you give me some times please?!

Mankey @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
- U-turn
- Brick Break
- Theif
- Dig

Torkoal @ White Herb
Ability: Shell Armor
- Shell Smash
- Flame Wheel
- Rock Tomb
- Bulldoze

Ludicolo @ Damp Rock
Ability: Swift Swim
- Rain Dance
- Bubble Beam
- Mega Drain
- Icy Wind

Weedle @ Choice Specs
Ability: Poison Point
Level: 30
- Poison Sting
- Bug Bite
- Electro Web
- String Shot

Doesn't have to be zarel or anything, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)