Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is Clefable good? It has no stat over 100, is weak to Scizor and Excadrill's STAB. It's abilities are nice, but still don't make it that great.

How is Clefable good? It has no stat over 100, is weak to Scizor and Excadrill's STAB. It's abilities are nice, but still don't make it that great.
Fairy typing, two great abilities and a hilariously deep movepool allow it to fit onto teams very easily. Yes, it's base stats are lacking but they are well-distributed. Overall, it can fit a bunch of different roles. It can be a sweeper (Life Orb Magic Guard), hazard-setter, cleric (although it's somewhat outclassed there) and Unaware Stopper off the top of my head.

If you get flinched while you're asleep, does that count as a sleep turn?
Yes, because it only prevents attacking
Hey,
I didnt know wehre to ask this, but is cynthias team with movepool and item updates good? If it it's: what would you change?
If you mean from DPP to B2W2, then yes her team receives a different move pool and they receive items. I would say that they improve for the better, but that's based on opinion.

How's my OU team?
Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Secret Sword
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance
- Poison Jab

Landorus (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Extrasensory

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Blizzard
- Body Slam
- Healing Wish
- Hyper Voice

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

Is mixed mega charazard X a thing? I've personally have never ran it or ran ito it, all the zard Xs i see are ddance very physical

How's my OU team?
Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Secret Sword
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance
- Poison Jab

Landorus (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Extrasensory

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Blizzard
- Body Slam
- Healing Wish
- Hyper Voice

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
I like it and hate it at the same time, good team but i would hate going up against it.

That seems like a waist of a special atk
Mixed Zard Y is actually surprisingly good, as it allows it to get past several threats that it normally would be totally walled by.

My question is, what's a good counter/check to Garchomp/Mega Garchomp that can fit well on a hyper offence team?

Last edited:
Mixed Zard Y is actually surprisingly good, as it allows it to get past several threats that it normally would be totally walled by.

My question is, what's a good counter/check to Garchomp/Mega Garchomp that can fit well on a hyper offence team?
Azumarill is the best... But ho really can't afford to run counters for specific mons, azu is the closest you'll

Good checks are greninja, scarfed Lando, scarftar with icebeam etc.

That seems like a waist of a special atk
Normally it would be; the point of a mixed attacker, though, is being able to power through when the opponent brings in something extremely physically tanky. However, between Dragon Dance and the boost from Tough Claws, there's nothing physically tanky enough to significantly slow down a Mega Charizard X for very long, anyway; once he gets a couple of dragon dances down, the only real way to stop the bastard is to shut it down somehow, not to simply take its attacks. Special attacks are therefore redundant and can be dropped in favor of a coverage or support move.

Tough Claws is really what seals it, because there's basically nothing physically tanky enough and specially weak enough that, say, Fire Blast is going to outperform Flare Blitz well enough to justify taking Fire Blast over EQ or something.

Normally it would be; the point of a mixed attacker, though, is being able to power through when the opponent brings in something extremely physically tanky. However, between Dragon Dance and the boost from Tough Claws, there's nothing physically tanky enough to significantly slow down a Mega Charizard X for very long, anyway; once he gets a couple of dragon dances down, the only real way to stop the bastard is to shut it down somehow, not to simply take its attacks. Special attacks are therefore redundant and can be dropped in favor of a coverage or support move.

Tough Claws is really what seals it, because there's basically nothing physically tanky enough and specially weak enough that, say, Fire Blast is going to outperform Flare Blitz well enough to justify taking Fire Blast over EQ or something.
This, very rarely have I ever had to switch out a Zard X that got off a couple of boosts.

Taking advantage of Tough Claws gives Zard X a free Life Orb, giving up on that to run something like overheat for coverage that doesn't really matter really isn't going to help him take down anything. Overheat is his best choice because AFAIK he doesn't get access to Draco Meteor, and even if he did, I have yet to encounter any dragon that DClaw doesn't OHKO before or after a boost. Flare Blitz destroys things pretty well, though my preference is (the laughed at) Flame Charge to keep up on how fast the damn meta is.

I really like either Brick Break or Steel Wing in that last slot, depending on team coverage. Both have comparable power to EQ after a Tough Claws boost (97.5 and 91, respectively) and have secondary uses in breaking through screens, fairies, and/or exploding a Chansey in one hit.

if pokemon A can "guarantee to 3HKO after Leftovers" pokemon B, can B be considered as a counter to A? what is the benchmark to be a counter in general?

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
if pokemon A can "guarantee to 3HKO after Leftovers" pokemon B, can B be considered as a counter to A? what is the benchmark to be a counter in general?
If Pokemon B has reliable recovery, and Pokemon A has no access to boosting moves (and of course, if Pokemon B can do anything back to Pokemon A), then it's a counter. Otherwise, it's more of a solid check.

Generally speaking, a counter is a Pokemon that can switch into another Pokemon and beat it from there, that's the main definition. However, you have to consider how easily said "counter" gets worn down : for instance, Rotom-W isn't a full counter to MPinsir, since it will get worn down by repeated switches into it.

If Pokemon B has reliable recovery, and Pokemon A has no access to boosting moves (and of course, if Pokemon B can do anything back to Pokemon A), then it's a counter. Otherwise, it's more of a solid check.

Generally speaking, a counter is a Pokemon that can switch into another Pokemon and beat it from there, that's the main definition. However, you have to consider how easily said "counter" gets worn down : for instance, Rotom-W isn't a full counter to MPinsir, since it will get worn down by repeated switches into it.
ok ... so in my scenario, B does counter A?

also, by that definition, what exactly counter mega charizard x?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)