AbNormal {Community Project} [Voting Phase]

Substitute: Fairy

Fairies are elusive, and some of them even like to play pranks! Putting a decoy out is a sort of way of making the fairies more elusive, and it is a sort of prank on the opponent to replace itself with a decoy. And Substitutes flavour text (I dont remember it exactly so this may be a bit reworded) is (I think its sort of like this): "The user uses one fourth of it's HP to create a decoy. Creating a decoy with HP is magical, and fairies are magical too.

Pokemon: Azurill
New type: Fairy
New moves: None
Justification: I'm sure that Game Freak had a good reason to not make it Water type. Something about living by water and moving quickly on land (Diamond Pokedex), I guess. I agree that Azumarill has just 20 base speed, but don't question Pokedex.

Pokemon: Fletchling
New type: Flying
New moves: None
Justification: It barely learns any Fire moves, and the one that it learns by level up is after evolution. It doesn't reveal the type, in order to surprise the trainer after evolution.

Pokemon: MissingNo.
New type: Bird/999
New moves: +Pay Day, +Bind
Justification: Bird/Normal is a type of RB Missingno.. Normal/999 is a type of Yellow Missingno.. Connect one and two, and you get Bird/999. Also, on Showdown shiny Missingno. is Yellow Missingno..

Move: Double Hit
New type: Ground
Justification: This move is generally generic saying "The user slams the target with a long tail, vines, or a tentacle" as its description. To slam something with a tail, it probably should be on ground, not flying. I know this justification is pushing it, but what else it can really be?

Move: Echoed Voice
New type: Flying
Justification: Voice is a wave. Waves fly. Ergo, it's Flying.

Move: Headbutt
New type: Rock
Justification: If Head Smash (Double-Edged Headbutt in Japanese) can be Rock, then why this cannot be? Not to say, it would be neat to have some accurate Rock physical STAB.

Move: Vice Grip
New type: Bug
Justification: Bugs have pincers. Never mind that many bugs don't learn this move, it's like Megahorn in this respect.

Move: Tickle
New type: Fairy
Justification: Cute Pokemon learn this (except for you Gothitelle... I don't know why you get this move).

Move: Teeter Dance
New type: Fire
Justification: It was Spinda's signature move for two generations. (why Spinda even has Fire)

Move: Substitute
New type: Psychic
Justification: It's all an Mr. Mime's trick (was signature level up move for two generations) confusing you into thinking that opponent is actually this decoy. Also, Confusion is Psychic type.

Move: Simple Beam
New type: Psychic
Justification: "The user's mysterious psychic wave changes the target's Ability to Simple."

I want to submit one thing, as I agree with the other Pokemon and don't know about the moves right now but:

Missingno
Bird/Bird
It's a glitch, the type is a glitch and now it has a dual-mono type too! It's possible in gen 1 iirc and adds a fun gimmick factor as it'll never be used anyways and expresses the fact that it's a glitch. Plus it's its original type. Well that's it I guess, as Missingno doesn't even exist anymore!
Bird/Bird is illegal in first generation, as single type is represented by duplication of types. For example, Squirtle is internally Water/Water. (no, those Normal/Normal glitches don't count, as there are glitch types called Normal that doesn't work like Normal type)

Last edited:
It's Voting Time!
If you do not know how to vote, please read the OP.
If your submission is fused with another's yet you want your submission to be separate, notify me asap.

Water/Fairy <No new moves> (money12wolf/GiveUsYourBones/Blumenwitz)
Fairy <No new moves> (Ghoul King/xfix)

Fire/Flying <No new moves> (money12wolf/GiveUsYourBones/Blumenwitz)
Flying <+Hurricane> (MegaGallade/Ghoul King/xfix)

Bird/Electric <No new moves> (GiveUsYourBones)
Bird/Fighting <No new moves> (MegaGallade)
Bird/Bird <No new moves> (Snaquaza)
Bird/Ghost <+Judgement> (Ghoul King)
Bird/Fairy <+Dazzling Gleam> (Blumenwitz)
Bird/999 <+Pay Day, +Bind> (xfix)

Dark (GiveUsYourBones/Ghoul King/Blumenwitz)
Ground (xfix)

Due to a lack of submissions this move's type has already been decided.
Flying (GiveUsYourBones/Blumenwitz/xfix)

Fighting (GiveUsYourBones)
Dragon (Ghoul King)
Dark (Blumenwitz)
Rock (xfix)

Steel (GiveUsYourBones/Blumenwitz)
Water (MegaGallade)
Bug (Ghoul King/xfix)

Fairy (GiveUsYourBones/Blumenwitz/xfix)
Bug (Ghoul King)

Fairy (GiveUsYourBones/Blumewitz)
Psychic (MegaGallade/Ghoul King)
Fire (xfix)

Dark (GiveUsYourBones/Blumenwitz)
Psychic (MegaGallade/xfix)
Poison (Ghoul King)
Fairy (Amitghosh)

Psychic (Everyone) (GiveUsYourBones/Ghoul King/Blumenwitz/xfix)

Note: Watchog has Glare instead of Sucker Punch. Sorry for the mistake.

To keep the thread alive, here are a few discussion points from the previous week's changes and more:
  • Which entries for this week do you agree/disagree with? [Remember: Be to the point and decisive, no hate]
  • Do you think any of last week's retyped Pokemon will get more usage because of these retypes?
  • What new sets can be made using last week's retypes?
  • Which/Do Pokemon gain/lose an advantage from Fighting type Endeavor, Dark type Flail, Steel type Techno Blast and Dragon type Uproar?
  • Are there any unanswered questions you want to know specifically about this Pet Mod? If so, please tag me when asking the question and I will reply.
Fletchling/Fletchinder
Flying type
+Nothing

Why: Not yet a flaming bird of doom, just an orange bird. I considering Fairy/Flying and giving it Play Rough, but eeeeh...
Fletchinder is Fire/Flying, so it itself can't be changed (yet) by AbNormal ... Sorry.

Once again, thanks for submitting, and get voting!

Wait really? Could've sworn Talonflame was the transition point. Oh well, not a big deal.

Do you think any of last week's retyped Pokemon will get more usage because of these retypes?
Fearow is now similar to Skarmory, only slightly harder hitting, noticeably faster, and... lacking Swords Dance. Dammit. Even so, Steel typing helps make up for its severe lack of bulk, and it is still at (Not over, unfortunately) the crucial 100 Speed benchmark. Furthermore, it has Drill Run, and Ground coverage is nearly perfect with Flying -all three types that resist Flying are vulnerable to Ground, and for that matter the two types that resist Ground (Rather than Flying's immunity) are in turn vulnerable to Flying, so the only things Fearow struggles against in terms of coverage is some Levitators and some Flying types. It also has U-Turn, which again Skarmory does not, and is supremely useful. Particularly notable is that Fearow learns Quick Attack (And again, Skarmory does not), which is Electric in AbNormal, giving it coverage against the likes of Aerodactyl -weak coverage, but it can still let Fearow finish off a weakened Aerodactyl/Skarmory/Zapdos/Thundurus-Incarnate, etc. Fearow is probably still not going to be great, but it's considerably more likely to have a real niche!

Ditto doesn't care unless you run a non-Imposter set, which nobody is going to do. It's not like critical hits care about the true typing of a Pokemon or something. The niche situations it does care, it's probably a severe downgrade -in particular, you can't Imposter an Illusion, and now it's vulnerable to Zoroark's STAB!

Swablu is LC material. This does mean that regular Altaria has Fairy covera- wait, Return, never mind. Well. Um. Eerrrr. Go ask someone who knows LC well, leave me alone!

Which/Do Pokemon gain/lose an advantage from Fighting type Endeavor, Dark type Flail, Steel type Techno Blast and Dragon type Uproar?
Endeavor is the same as ever. Fighting typing means Ghost still laugh at it, and has no effect on anything else -you can't have a super effective Endeavor regardless, nor an ineffective one. It only matters for type changes that occur through move-targeting effects, like Color Change.

Techno Blast will finally be run on Genesect, no Drive needed, being a 50% stronger Flash Cannon that has no chance of lowering the target's Special Defense. Since Genesect is banned to Ubers, nobody will care until/unless AbNormal Ubers becomes a thing. It's not like there's a Steel-type with Assist to steal it off Smeargle.

Uproar is slightly stronger than Dragon Pulse, so if you're OK with being locked in for 2-3 turns it can be an upgrade for Noivern, Hydreigon, Altaria, Flygon, and Rayquaza. (Though really you're probably running Draco Meteor) Or a bunch of other Pokemon that learn Dragon Pulse and Uproar, though they're weighted strongly toward Physical, with a few exceptions. Really, nobody runs Uproar normally, but if you were to do so, it's slightly less resisted and has a different type immune to it. That's about it. Oh and it can hit Dragons super effectively, so it's conceivable that there's some Pokemon out there that appreciates sudden Dragon coverage -there's even a fairly large number of Pokemon that get Uproar but not Hyper Voice, so it's not 100% hypothetical. But I can't be bothered to try to figure out which ones it includes.

Flail is still Flail, so it's not great, but it's an up to 200 BP Dark move, so it still clearly beats out every other Dark move in raw damage potential -even Hyper Beam. Mega Gyarados might prefer it (Particularly if it wants Return for coverage against Fighting and Dark Pokemon -not to mention the Dragons that resist its Water STAB, and in particular Hydreigon explodes when hit with Return but walls everything else) over Frustration, given its lack of healing but overall bulk. In general, Sashed Dark types might appreciate it as a way to just explode things.

Votes are in!
Azurill
Fairy No new moves (By Ghoul King and xfix )
Fletchling
Flying +Hurricane (By MegaGallade , Ghoul King and xfix )
Missingno. Bird/999 +Pay Day, +Bind (By xfix )

Double Hit Dark (By Ghoul King , Blumenwitz and GiveUsYourBones )
Headbutt Rock (By xfix )
Echoed Voice Flying (By GiveUsYourBones , Blumenwitz and xfix )
Vice Grip Bug (By Ghoul King and xfix )

Substitute Poison (By Ghoul King )
Tickle Fairy (By GiveUsYourBones , Blumenwitz and xfix)
Teeter Dance Psychic (By Ghoul King and MegaGallade )
Simple Beam Psychic (By GiveUsYourBones , Ghoul King , Blumenwitz and xfix )

Thanks to all that submitted!
And now...

For now, there will be no more Normal types to retype until all Normal moves are retyped.
Instead, here's a new format. Three moves will be put down below, and
you can suggest up to four five of any Pokemon to have these moves given too, as long as there is justification. This will continue until we finish all Normal moves.
Example;

Tail Slap (New type: Fairy)
Pokemon to give to: Ambipom, Persian, Breloom
Justification: Ambipom has both Skill Link and Technician to benefit from Tail Slap, while Persian and Breloom both have simply Technician. Giving them good Fairy type coverage, it may seem redundant at first because Return is now Fairy type. However, Skill Link Ambipom with Tail Slap is effectively a 125 base BP Fairy move, in contrast to Return's 102. On Persian and Breloom, if Tail Slap hits 2 times, it deals 75 damage with Technician, much lower than Return. However, on average Tail Slap will hit around 3 times, and in that case Technician Tail Slap would be a 112.5 base damage Fairy move. It is more likely to hit 3, 4 or 5 times than 2 times, and if you do the math, if you feel risky, Tail Slap would be a nice asset to Breloom and Persian. Also, they all have tails.
The OP will be edited with this format soon ^
Voting will be like every other submission. Voting will be in a similar format explained here:
Click me pls
Hope you like this format, if you have any questions tag me asap, and on with the submissions!

Moves to give to Pokemon (Note: Submissions that have already been made (i.e. Using the same type, with same moves and with the exact same justficiation as someone who submitted before) will not be included)

Egg Bomb (New type: Fire)
Quick Attack (New type: Electric)
Dizzy Punch (New type: Psychic)

Damaging moves

Feint
Trump Card
Struggle (Whatever type this move is, it will still hit everything neutrally. This is purely for flavor purposes)
Skull Bash

Status moves

Follow Me
Transform
Smokescreen
Splash (We had to do this move someday)
Thank you the someone for the moves-to-other-Pokemon idea!

Here are a few discussion points also;
  • What 'retyped-moves-to-give-to-Pokemon' should we do next?
Get submitting and thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Oh, here's a mechanics question I believe was never addressed: what happens to a pure Flying type that Roosts? This is particularly relevant with all the new pure Flying type Pokemon running around. I checked the OP and don't see any reference to Roost, so I'm pretty sure this hasn't been touched upon.

Feint

Fighting type

Why: A combination of competitive considerations (Like Fighting Fake Out, Ghosts are still immune), but more so that a feint is a maneuver in pretty much any combative context. So, a Fighting move.

Trump Card
Fighting type

Why: Basically the same combination of reasons as the above.

Struggle
Fairy type

Why: Because the Japanese is Vain Struggle, and no type is particularly associated with futility (Other than Error: type missing), but Fairy is closest to the idea of flailing ineffectually.

Skull Bash
Rock type

Why: Head Smash! And now Headbutt! I will hit you with my skull that is like a rock!

Follow Me
Fairy type

Why: Found on and used by multiple Fairy type Pokemon. I'm actually somewhat surprised the actual games didn't already retype it.

Transform
Psychic type

Why: We retyped Ditto to be Psychic, and the only other user (Mew) is also Psychic. Done.

Smokescreen
Poison type

Why: Ninja vanish! And also because the Poison type is the only type strongly associated with smog, gas, smoke, etc. oddly enough, even though a lot of Fire types get it, there's not actually any smoke-based Fire type moves in the game as-is. Vs stuff like Smog, Clear Smog, etc, being Poison typed.

Splash
Water type

Why: karpkarpmagickarpkarpkarpKARRRRRPmagikarpkarpkarpmagikarpKAAARRRRP

----

Tail Slap
Recipients: Ambipom, Persian, Breloom, Dragalge

Why: For essentially the reasoning of the example, in part because no other Technician Pokemon (And no Skill Link Pokemon other than Cinccino) makes any sense for it, biologically. Dragalge is the only Poison Touch Pokemon that makes the slightest bit of biological sense to get it -and I hope the utility of getting at least 2 30% shots at Poisoning, and potentially up to 5, in a single reasonably damage hit is obvious. (Even if Dragalge's Attack is bad)

Egg Bomb
Recipients: Gourgeist, Tangrowth, Shiftry, Chesnaught

Why: WHY ARE SO FEW GRASS TYPES SEED-USING LIFE-FORMS. Er, excuse me. Same basic line of reasoning as Exeggutor itself, only more useful -Grass types that are Physically oriented/competent and at least vaguely plausible to be tossing exploding, flaming eggs. This makes Gourgeist an easy pick and is less mocking than Flamethrower on a Physically-oriented Pokemon, while Tangrowth and Shiftry can both abuse Chlorophyll and are either Physically oriented (Tangrowth) or competent (Shiftry), and lastly Chesnaught... it's not a fantastic user, but I can see it, flavor-wise and all.

Quick Attack
Recipients: Ninjask (WHAT?), Beedrill, Persian, Garchomp

Why: The second fastest Pokemon in the game doesn't already get priority really. Not that Ninjask cares a lot, but that's mindboggling. Beedrill, meanwhile, is quite fast, particularly in its Mega state, and really appreciates having priority to answer priority, even if it involves 4MSS (But it's still wonderful to be able to say "no" to Talonflame: 252+ Atk Mega Beedrill Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Talonflame: 142-168 (47.8 - 56.5%) -- 84.8% chance to 2HKO), Persian has Technician and is one of the fastest Pokemon in Gen I, and indeed remains very high in Speed tier, while Garchomp is supposed to be literally able to break the speed of sound... and has no priority and only 102 Speed. OK. Not that I want Garchomp Of Ultimate Perfect Doom, but the flavor-fail is bizarre.

Dizzy Punch
Recipients: Slurpuff, Machamp, Hitmonchan, Poliwrath

Why: Slurpuff: COVERAGE. And it's totally a punchy thing -it got Drain Punch from ORAS and all. Machamp, Hitmonchan, and Poliwrath are all punchinators who lack Psychic coverage, and Poliwrath in particular would love to have Dizzy Punch and have flavor-logic behind accessing it. (I'm actually baffled that The Punching Pokemon Hitmonchan is missing a non-proprietary punching move) Machamp is the only weak-ish one, and even then: it punches you 1000 times in the space of a second, and this doesn't leave you dazed? That's an actual Pokedex entry for it.

Oh, here's a mechanics question I believe was never addressed: what happens to a pure Flying type that Roosts? This is particularly relevant with all the new pure Flying type Pokemon running around. I checked the OP and don't see any reference to Roost, so I'm pretty sure this hasn't been touched upon.
Good point. I guess it would make the user no type at all, if that's possible in the coding.
Either that, or I include it in some kind of poll along with Camouflage.
Thanks for pointing it out!

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It makes it Normal Type.
It does that in-game too. (It has been tested with Pokemon that can change type using Roost, or possible a hacked Tornadus)

It makes it Normal Type.
It does that in-game too. (It has been tested with Pokemon that can change type using Roost, or possible a hacked Tornadus)
You can just use Arceus-Flying -it gets Roost. And I already knew how it works. That was kind of the point of the question: it needs addressing in a meta where the standard result is not a valid option.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You can just use Arceus-Flying -it gets Roost. And I already knew how it works. That was kind of the point of the question: it needs addressing in a meta where the standard result is not a valid option.
You could yes, but Arceus can't learn Roost, so it'd still be hacking.

Anyway cool next moves to do would be Explosion, Head Charge, Selfdestruct, Take Down and Double Edge. All are originally normal type moves that make the user sacrifice something. Sorry that I couldn't say more, but I haven't been paying too much attention to this lately.

Anyway cool next moves to do would be Explosion, Head Charge, Selfdestruct, Take Down and Double Edge.
I'm not sure about giving Head Charge to other Pokemon, since it's a signature move. Sorry, but thanks for the suggestions!

Tail Slap
Recipients: Ambipom, Persian, Breloom, Dragalge

Why: For essentially the reasoning of the example, in part because no other Technician Pokemon (And no Skill Link Pokemon other than Cinccino) makes any sense for it, biologically. Dragalge is the only Poison Touch Pokemon that makes the slightest bit of biological sense to get it -and I hope the utility of getting at least 2 30% shots at Poisoning, and potentially up to 5, in a single reasonably damage hit is obvious. (Even if Dragalge's Attack is bad)
Tail Slap is not one of this week's options, the Tail Slap thing was just an example.
Sorry if that was confusing.

Anyways, might as well post a few submissions.

Splash
Flying
It's japanese name is 'Hop'. Hoppip is part flying type, and so is bounce, so wynaut 'Hop'?

Feint
Dark
A faint is a 'deceptive or pretended blow, thrust, or other movement'. The most 'deceptive' type is Dark.
Also 'Feint Attack' is Dark type.

Smokescreen
Fire
Smoke comes from fire.
Nothing else to go by really.

Trump Card
Psychic
Playing cards, which are used for the animation of the move, are often associated with magic tricks, and the closest type to magic is Psychic.

Egg Bomb
Togepi, Farfetch'd, Pumpkaboo, Golduck
Togepi is literally THE egg Pokemon. I know competively Egg Bomb is not that good (unless you're running a really gimmicky hustle set) for the Togekiss evolutionary line., but makes sense flavour-wise. Gourgeist has kind of the same logic that seed = egg, and learns many fire moves anyway, but no good ones physical.
EDIT: Apon doing research, rotten duck eggs can 'explode'. The more you know!
I'm not sure if all rotten eggs do this, but the article was specifically on Ducks. So, makes kinda sense the duck Pokemon, Golduck and Farfetch'd, would get the move. Sure, there's Swanna, but they're based on... swans, not ducks.

Last edited:

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Breloom, Torkoal, Sceptile
Reasons: Breloom's and Sceptile's reasons are similar to Ghoul King's reasoning. Sceptile literally has explosive seeds growing on its back, and Breloom is related to spores, seeds, etc. Both can be physically oriented, and Sceptile especially enjoys coverage. Torkoal is more of a stretch, but it's related to the explosive part of the move, and it's an egg-laying reptilian. Torkoal has an interesting physical movepool, and yet it lacks a good physical Fire-type STAB. Flame Wheel only has 60 BP, and even with the bad accuracy, Egg Bomb does more damage on average.

Crobat, Hawlucha, Azelf, Eelektross
The reasoning for the first 3 is simple. More coverage on physically offensive Pokemon with a fitting high speed tier. Eelektross really takes advantage from this, though. It acquires a STAB priority that it needed due to it's terrible speed tier. The flavor can be questionable though... Well, Trapinch gets Quick Attack with 10 base speed, so why not? It's not like we'd be giving Wing Attack to it...

Kricketune, Barbaracle, Pangoro, Seismitoad (Thanks FlameUser64 for the flavor correction)
Four physical attackers. Good coverage. What else to say? Kricketune and Seismitoad are both sound-related Pokemon, and can pull some rhythmical attacks, while also messing with the opponent's ears. Barbarable has three heads to coordinate the punches. Pangoro can learn Comet Punch, which is called Consecutive Punch in Japanese, so it can also launch rhythmic punches.

Thank you the someone for the moves-to-other-Pokemon idea!
No problem. :)
  • What 'retyped-moves-to-give-to-Pokemon' should we do next?
You should do Shell Smash, Slack Off, Slash, Soft-Boiled together, as the last slate. Four moves beginning with "S" that could break the game.

Last edited:
Breloom, Torkoal, Sceptile
Reasons: Breloom's and Sceptile's reasons are similar to Ghoul King's reasoning. Sceptile literally has explosive seeds growing on its back, and Breloom is related to spores, seeds, etc. Both can be physically oriented, and Sceptile especially enjoys coverage. Torkoal is more of a stretch, but it's related to the explosive part of the move, and it's an egg-laying reptilian. Torkoal has an interesting physical movepool, and yet it lacks a good physical Fire-type STAB. Flame Wheel only has 60 BP, and even with the bad accuracy, Egg Bomb does more damage on average.

Crobat, Hawlucha, Azelf, Eelektross
The reasoning for the first 3 is simple. More coverage on physically offensive Pokemon with a fitting high speed tier. Eelektross really takes advantage from this, though. It acquires a STAB priority that it needed due to it's terrible speed tier. The flavor can be questionable though... Well, Trapinch gets Quick Attack with 10 base speed, so why not? It's not like we'd be giving Wing Attack to it...

Infernape, Slaking, Bibarel, Hitmontop
3 physical attackers and one that has attack as it's highest stat. Good coverage. What else to say? Hitmontop gets dizzy because of the spinning and dancing. Slaking gets dizzy when it wakes up. Infernape gets dizzy because of both. Bibarel is always dizzy.

No problem. :)
You should do Shell Smash, Slack Off, Slash, Soft-Boiled together, as the last slate. Four moves beginning with "S" that could break the game.
Dizzy Punch is not a move that involves the user being dizzy.

XY desc: The target is hit with rhythmically launched punches. This may also leave the target confused.

Basically, the target is hit repeatedly in a specific rhythm that jars their brain (and their inner ear) repeatedly and leaves them dizzy. Infernape makes sense for this move. Hitmonchan is another Pokémon that would make sense for this move, due to its battle stance being similar to that of Lopunny, and both of their stances appearing similar to that of a kickboxer. You could give it to Meloetta and Kirlia (and by extension, Gardevoir), as they are dancing-themed Pokémon, and a move that relies on a precise sense of rhythm makes sense for them (though only Meloetta would have any use for it). Hitmontop also makes a fair amount of sense as it is also thematically based on dancing.

So here's my submission:

Infernape, Hitmonchan, Hitmontop, Meloetta

See my reasoning above. Dizzy Punch is an attack that fires hard, straight punches repeatedly with a specific rhythm to jar the foe's brain and inner ear, leaving them dizzy. Meloetta and Hitmontop are Pokémon that would naturally have a very developed sense of rhythm. Hitmonchan's combat stance is similar to that of Lopunny, another Pokémon that uses this move. Given the thematics of the move, it would make sense for the boxing/kickboxing-like stance of these Pokémon to be ideal for launching this attack with the required precision. Infernape gets it primarily because it is good coverage for him, and it supports his movepool and Hidden Ability.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Fletchinder, Togetic, Unfezant, Mandibuzz

This takes the appoach of Birds laying eggs as weapons, as I recall it being the original idea of. It also makes more sense, as they're suppose to be Eggs and not Seeds. In fact, the description is "A large egg is hurled at the target with maximum force to inflict damage.". While these birds aren't hurling it per say - they are laying them as bombs. Plus it gives the birds physical Fire-type coverage. Fletchinder and Mandibuzz are more flavorful choices - Fletchinder (and Talonflame) being Fire birds should get the Fire Bird Move. Plus it gives Fletch a Fire STAB before turning into Talonflame - this is more applicable in the lower tiers but still. Meanwhile Mandibuzz gets it as a form of furthering expressing the gender differences between Mandibuzz and Braviary. Togetic was chosen because of its relation to eggs. Finally, I chose Unfezant to be the bird that lays bomb eggs because, well, it needs something to distinguish itself, and physical Fire coverage might be the thing.

Meloetta, Hitmontop, Hitmonchan, Ludicolo

Pretty much just Flameuser's except with Ludicolo over Infernape due to more rhythmic attackers!

Fletchinder, Togetic, Unfezant, Mandibuzz

This takes the appoach of Birds laying eggs as weapons, as I recall it being the original idea of. It also makes more sense, as they're suppose to be Eggs and not Seeds. In fact, the description is "A large egg is hurled at the target with maximum force to inflict damage.". While these birds aren't hurling it per say - they are laying them as bombs. Plus it gives the birds physical Fire-type coverage. Fletchinder and Mandibuzz are more flavorful choices - Fletchinder (and Talonflame) being Fire birds should get the Fire Bird Move. Plus it gives Fletch a Fire STAB before turning into Talonflame - this is more applicable in the lower tiers but still. Meanwhile Mandibuzz gets it as a form of furthering expressing the gender differences between Mandibuzz and Braviary. Togetic was chosen because of its relation to eggs. Finally, I chose Unfezant to be the bird that lays bomb eggs because, well, it needs something to distinguish itself, and physical Fire coverage might be the thing.

Meloetta, Hitmontop, Hitmonchan, Ludicolo

Pretty much just Flameuser's except with Ludicolo over Infernape due to more rhythmic attackers!
I'd quite forgotten about Ludicolo. That makes far more sense.

It's Voting Time!
If you do not know how to vote, please read the OP.
If your submission is fused with another's yet you want your submission to be separate, notify me asap.

Gourgeist, Tangrowth, Shiftry and Chesnaught (Ghoul King)
Togepi, Farfetch'd, Pumpkaboo, Golduck (MegaGallade)
Breloom, Torkoal, Sceptile (the someone)
Fletchinder, Togetic, Unfezant, Mandibuzz (The Reptile)

Ninjask, Beedrill, Persian, Garchomp (Ghoul King)
Crobat, Hawlucha, Azelf, Eelektross (the someone)

Slurpuff, Machamp, Hitmonchan, Poliwrath (Ghoul King)
Kricketune, Barbaracle, Pangoro, Seismitoad (the someone)
Infernape, Hitmonchan, Hitmontop, Meloetta (FlameUser64)
Meloetta, Hitmonchan, Hitmntop, Ludicolo (The Reptile)

Fighting (Ghoul King)
Dark (MegaGallade)

Fighting (Ghoul King)
Psychic (MegaGallade)

Fairy (Ghoul King)

Rock (Ghoul King)

Fairy (Ghoul King)

Psychic (Ghoul King)

Poison (Ghoul King)
Fire (MegaGallade)

Water (Ghoul King)
Flying (MegaGallade)

Remember guys, there are still moves themselves to retype! If there any last-minute submissions for moves, I'm happy to accept them.
EDIT: Accidently put Echoed Voice instead of Trump Card. Thanks to Ghoul King for pointing it out!

To keep the thread alive, here are a few discussion points from the previous week's changes and more:
  • Which entries for this week do you agree/disagree with? [Remember: Be to the point and decisive, no hate]
  • Do you think any of last week's retyped Pokemon will get more usage because of these retypes?
  • What new sets can be made using last week's retypes?
  • Which/Do Pokemon gain/lose an advantage from Dark type Double Hit, Rock type Headbutt, Flying type Echoed Voice and Bug type Vice Grip?
  • To vote for changes to the moves Roost and Camouflage, go here to vote. More details on the form.
  • Are there any unanswered questions you want to know specifically about this Pet Mod? If so, please tag me when asking the question and I will reply.

Once again, thanks for submitting, and get voting!

Last edited:
Do you think any of last week's retyped Pokemon will get more usage because of these retypes?
I don't play LC, so, uuuuuuuh

AWAY

Which/Do Pokemon gain/lose an advantage from Dark type Double Hit, Rock type Headbutt, Flying type Echoed Voice and Bug type Vice Grip?
Double Hit might see use on some Technician Pokemon (By which I mean Ambipom and Scizor, if we don't give it to any others), or maybe on some Pokemon that want to run Return while wanting Dark coverage. For Technician Pokemon, it does hit slightly harder than Frustration, though that's iffy given that it also has a 10% chance to miss. Otherwise it's largely outclassed by Frustration.

Headbutt provides glorious Rock coverage to a zillion Pokemon, but trimming it down to just fully evolved, Physically competent Pokemon (+Pikachu), it ends up being Ambipom, Arcanine, Azelf, Azumarill, Banette, Basculin Bibarel, Cacturne, Castform, Clefable, Delcatty, Delibird, Dewgong, Escavalier, Farfetch'd, Flareon, Floatzel, Froslass, Furfrou, Furret, Girafarig, Glalie, Houndoom, Hypno, Jirachi, Kingdra, Lapras, Leafeon, Linoone, Lopunny, Ludicolo, Lugia, Luxray, Manectric, Mesprit, Mightyena, Persian, Pikachu, Purugly, Qwilfish, Raichu, Raikou, Rapidash, Raticate, Scizor, Seviper, Shaymin, Skuntank, Slowbro, Slowking, Stantler, Swalot, Togekiss (Hustle), Tropius, Umbreon, Uxie, Venusaur, Victini, and Weavile -and this is with me excluding all Pokemon that can get Stone Edge, Rock Slide, or Head Smash, and frankly Headbutt is a tiny loss in firepower in exchange for perfect Accuracy over Rock Slide, so there's also tons of Pokemon that might take Headbutt over Rock Slide.

Echoed Voice offers weak Flying coverage to a bunch of stuff, and really has barely any effect because Round will be better on the first turn and just as good on the second, so if you're wanting Special Flying coverage Round is probably the way to go. (It is superior to Hidden Power Flying, since it goes through Substitutes) On the other hand, Echoed Voice spam sets are considerably more viable, since Flying is a non-terrible type with nothing immune to it.

Vice Grip gives Crawdaunt and Kingler an option for hitting Grass types, and probably offers something to Klinklang. It's also vaguely conceivable Mega Mawile might run it, I guess?

Votes are in!

+Egg Bomb (By the someone )
+Quick Attack (By Ghoul King )
+Dizzy Punch (By Ghoul King )

Feint Fighting (By Ghoul King )
Struggle Fairy (By Ghoul King )
Skull Bash Rock (By Ghoul King )

Follow Me Fairy (By Ghoul King )
Transform Psychic (By Ghoul King )
Smokescreen Poison (By Ghoul King )
Splash Water (By Ghoul King )
Please see the bottom of this post to see why Trump Card is not here.
Don't forget to submit moves too! Otherwise, results for retyping moves will always look like the above, and the whole purpose of the project to involve a community will be all but gone. However, I applaud Ghoul King for his dedication.

And now...

Note: Voting for 'Moves to give to Pokemon' will be different this week, and now 5 Pokemon may be suggested, and the first batch of 'Moves to give to Pokemon' may be redone in the near future, but note, do not repeat submissions. More information will come when the voting phase starts, but this is just a heads up. If you really want to know why this is the case, notify me asap. Thanks for understanding.

Moves to give to Pokemon (Note: Submissions that have already been made (i.e. Using the same type, with same moves and with the exact same justficiation as someone who submitted before) will not be included)

Spike Cannon (New type: Ground)
Extreme Speed (New type: Fire)

Damaging moves

Take Down
Thrash
Razor Wind
Natural Gift

Status moves

After You
Assist
Attract
Focus Energy

Note: From the poll, Roost and Camouflage both make you Ground type after use (For Roost, only if the user is a pure flying type)

Here are a few discussion points also:
  • Are there possibly any Normal type moves that have not yet been retyped, but are used to a certain extent in the meta?
  • Do you expect any tier changes from the Eeveelutions getting Play Rough/Dazzling Gleam and/or the changes to Pixilate/Aerilate ?
  • We have a tie in the votes for 'Trump Card'! Along with the submissions, which option would you go for and why? Options:
  • Fighting (Ghoul King) Justification: 'A combination of competitive considerations (Like Fighting Fake Out, Ghosts are still immune)'
  • Psychic (MegaGallade) Justification: 'Playing cards, which are used for the animation of the move, are often associated with magic tricks, and the closest type to magic is Psychic'

Last edited:
Votes are in!

+Egg Bomb (By the someone )
+Quick Attack (By Ghoul King )
+Dizzy Punch (By Ghoul King )

Feint Fighting (By Ghoul King )
Struggle Fairy (By Ghoul King )
Skull Bash Rock (By Ghoul King )

Follow Me Fairy (By Ghoul King )
Transform Psychic (By Ghoul King )
Smokescreen Poison (By Ghoul King )
Splash Water (By Ghoul King )
Please see the bottom of this post to see why Trump Card is not here.
Don't forget to submit moves too! Otherwise, results for retyping moves will always look like the above, and the whole purpose of the project to involve a community will be all but gone. However, I applaud Ghoul King for his dedication.

And now...

Note: Voting for 'Moves to give to Pokemon' will be different this week, and now 5 Pokemon may be suggested, and the first batch of 'Moves to give to Pokemon' may be redone in the near future, but note, do not repeat submissions. More information will come when the voting phase starts, but this is just a heads up. If you really want to know why this is the case, notify me asap. Thanks for understanding.

Damaging moves

Take Down
Thrash
Razor Wind
Natural Gift

Status moves

After You
Assist
Attract
Focus Energy

Note: From the poll, Roost and Camouflage both make you Ground type after use (For Roost, only if the user is a pure flying type)

Here are a few discussion points also:
  • Are there possibly any Normal type moves that have not yet been retyped, but are used to a certain extent in the meta?
  • Do you expect any tier changes from the Eeveelutions getting Play Rough/Dazzling Gleam and/or the changes to Pixilate/Aerilate ?
  • We have a tie in the votes for 'Trump Card'! Along with the submissions, which option would you go for and why? Options:
  • Fighting (Ghoul King) Justification: 'A combination of competitive considerations (Like Fighting Fake Out, Ghosts are still immune)'
  • Psychic (MegaGallade) Justification: 'Playing cards, which are used for the animation of the move, are often associated with magic tricks, and the closest type to magic is Psychic'
Well, Pixilate as it is now makes all Pokémon that get it completely nonviable for the same reason that Normalize is terrible. Sylveon is the only one who's vaguely non-terrible because it has another Ability to use instead. But Mega Gardevoir and Mega Altaria are now both a complete waste of a Mega slot. Aerilate is almost equally terrible, and Mega Pinsir and even Mega Salamence are now liabilities. Mega Glalie is even weaker as a Mega than it was before.

Sylveon is the only one who's vaguely non-terrible because it has another Ability to use instead.
Honestly, Sylveon generally doesn't do anything except spam Pixilate Hyper Voice anyway, so being denied the pretension of coverage isn't really that big a change for it. In fact, having Psyshock Pixilated is actually pretty darn good, assuming the -ate Abilities retain the damage boost, since it becomes STAB+gets a 30% increase in power, nearly doubling its effectiveness against neutral targets, not even getting into the fact that Fairy is a much better offensive type than Psychic. (And no, Psyshocking Poison types isn't at all effective in Standard, because they're heavily weighted toward having good Defense)

I also disagree with Mega Gardevoir being useless. It's not as bad as Sylveon about "what's coverage?" but generally if you're using it you're using it to spam Hyper Voice -about the only thing it loses is the ability to Hidden Power Ground Heatran, which isn't even as effective as you might think it is. Again, in some ways it's nice to be able to -ate Psyshock (Even if Mega Gardevoir already has STAB on it), and Gardevoir's movepool includes a lot of cool things like Will O Wisp -it's not at all unusual for me to have only two attacking moves on Gardevoir (Keeping in mind I trend toward Hyper Offense and Mega Gardevoir is all about murdering things), so it's not a huge hit to it.

But yeah this seriously screws over all the other -ated Pokemon, whom are only good for the combination of ridiculous power and actual coverage. (Mega Salamence would be un-ban-worthy, because it wouldn't be able to use Earthquake as coverage) I'd really prefer something like "the first move is -ated" to "all moves are -ated".

We have a tie in the votes for 'Trump Card'! Along with the submissions, which option would you go for and why?
Well, it's probably unsurprising to hear I'm personally inclined toward Fighting, but I'd really rather other people chime in.

I'll tag you guys if I have to. Don't make me tag you.
Take Down
Steel type

Why: Take Down is basically "Double Edge before you're high enough level to learn Double Edge", so... same typing. There's even a decent number of Pokemon that get Take Down but not Double Edge, so it's not completely redundant.

Thrash
Ghost type

Why: The Japanese is Violent Struggle, and frankly I'm really struggling to find a good type for it, so I'm going with the interpretation that Thrash is a life-and-death sort of thing (Its name in Japanese is similar to Struggle, except Struggle is in vain vs this is violent) and going with Ghost. Plus it gives Ghost coverage to stuff.

Razor Wind
Flying type

Why: Honestly, I never got why Gust became Flying type in Gen II but not Razor Wind. I know it's a kamataichi reference, I've known it for years, it still doesn't make sense to me. (To be fair, Flying type makes it overlap with Sky Attack, but that's never stopped Game Freak before. I mean, come on, it overlaps with Skull Bash as-is, and Skull Bash is almost decent! Razor Wind is just terrible, whatever type you give it)

Natural Gift
Grass type

Why: You use a Berry to determine power, effect, and actual type. Not only is the listed type meaningless (We're gonna need to figure out what type Chilan Berry produces, by the by) but come on, why isn't it already Grass type? It's called "Nature's Blessing" in Japanese for crying out loud!

After You
Dragon type

Why: Same regal reasoning as Quash.

Assist
Fairy type

Why: Our trend with cat Pokemon is equally split between Fairy and Dark, and Assist strikes me as a more "cute" move than an underhanded one -flavor-wise, I mean. Competitively, V-Create Contrary Spinda would place it firmly in Dark.

Attract
Fairy type

Why: I'm trying to think of a way of explaining my reasoning that isn't "Duh this is obvious" and I'm failing. I mean, if other people want to produce other entries they're free to do so, but I kinda doubt anybody will.

Focus Energy
Fighting type

Why: Pumping yourself up, found on a number of Fighting types (Plenty of other things too, but once you ignore Normal I think Fighting is the single most common one, eyeballing the list), etc.

----

Spike Cannon
Recipients: Heracross, Scizor, Escavalier, Cacturne, Samurott

Why: Heracross should be several layers of obvious (Skill Link Mega, arm-guns, spikiness, albeit it's only an improvement over Earthquake by virtue of being multi-hit), Scizor is a bit more questionable for launching spikes but could be believable and gets Technician while lacking Earthquake, Escavalier, Cacturne, and Samurott are all other users who lack Earthquake, are plausible as spiky guys (Even if launching is iffy for the non-Cacturne ones), and are Physically oriented. (I originally wanted to give it to Roserade until I checked and saw just how much better at Special than Physical it is)

Extreme Speed
Recipients: Pidgeot, Sharpedo, Ninjask, Rapidash, Beedrill

Why: Hoo boy. This is hard. Most Pokemon that make sense already get it, or are sufficiently good I'm scared to give it to them, such as Garchomp. But as for what I went with... Pidgeot is supposed to be able to fly at Mach speeds, Ninjask is supposed to move so fast you literally can't see it, Rapidash is a fast Fire type that appreciates it and is low-tier (And it really is supposed to be very fast), Sharpedo is supposed to be quite fast itself and appreciates the Fire coverage, and Beedrill... well, I covered it for Quick Attack already.

Tail Slap
Recipients: Ambipom, Persian, Dragalge

Why: Frankly, Ambipom is the only Technician and/or Skill Link Pokemon that doesn't get it and makes anything remotely resembling sense to get it. I was originally going to give it to more stuff, until it occurred to me... Return. Not much point, why strain my brain?

EDIT: Then I went back to my previous entry and remembered that yes Dragalge is a cool possibility, albeit gimmicky, and why shouldn't Persian be included in the fun, even if Technician will only occasionally place it above Return?

However, I applaud Ghoul King for his dedication.
/takes a bow

But seriously, other people should post stuff too! You can just focus on spreading around moves if you think your entries on re-typing will be redundant!

Last edited:

canno

formerly The Reptile
I disagree, M-Salamence would still be broken. It's best set (imho), SubDD, would still rek face even with the lack of coverage. The new -ates don't suffer from what Normalize does because a) they turn moves into good offensive typing and b) nothing is immune to the -ate types, not even by ability. While it's definitely a lot worst than it was before, I wouldn't say they're bad as Normalize or even bad period - M-Altaria can still use its Defense DD set in the same way, M-Gardevoir can run 1 attack and just run 3 other moves like Will-o, Taunt, and even Skill Swap (although it would lose its Fairy STAB, unless you run Moonblast). Speaking of Gardevoir, it can effectively give non Fairy-types Pixilate which does mess up other mons a bit.

Anyways

Pokemon: Beedrill, Qwilfish, Heracross, Cacturne, Maractus

Basically just gave it to mons that got Pin Missle, as Spike Cannon is an extreme version of that. Gives these mons neat ground coverage, although Beedrill and Heracross already got some. Heracross is probably the only mon to actually use it though (Drill Run is stronger most of the time so Beedrill probably wont).

Pokemon: Pidgeot, Ninjask, Swellow, Rapidash, Electrode

Pretty much gave it to fast mons, while avoiding breaking things like giving Garchomp ESpeed. Not much else to say - gotta go fast!

Pokemon: Ambipom, Persian, Skitty, Pikachu, Eevee

Ambipom is obivous - it uses its tails to fight, plus Skill Link makes it cool. Persian is due to Technician and it fits flavor-wise. The remaining mons are primarily for flavor and stuff. Doesn't really matter that much since Return is Fairy and everything gets that.

I disagree, M-Salamence would still be broken. It's best set (imho), SubDD, would still rek face even with the lack of coverage. The new -ates don't suffer from what Normalize does because a) they turn moves into good offensive typing and b) nothing is immune to the -ate types, not even by ability. While it's definitely a lot worst than it was before, I wouldn't say they're bad as Normalize or even bad period - M-Altaria can still use its Defense DD set in the same way, M-Gardevoir can run 1 attack and just run 3 other moves like Will-o, Taunt, and even Skill Swap (although it would lose its Fairy STAB, unless you run Moonblast). Speaking of Gardevoir, it can effectively give non Fairy-types Pixilate which does mess up other mons a bit.
Mega Salamence is suddenly hard-walled by Magnezone, regular Aggron, and Skarmory, the end. The only way around this would be to hold off on Mega Evolving until all these (and anything else I'm not covering they might use -Bastiodon does exist) were wiped, carrying coverage that is pretty much 100% useless once you have Mega Evolved, or just rely on teammates to wipe them all out before you are ready to be a win condition. That's useful, but it's not anywhere near as powerful as Standard Mega Salamence, who Fire Blasts Skarmory, Earthquakes Magnezone/Aggron/Bastiondon, and just generally laughs at anything that thinks it can wall Dragon Dance-d Aerilated Return/Frustration/Double Edge.

I really doubt it would still be broken. I'm not as convinced as FlameUser that it would unusable crap, but broken? Not very likely.

Also, you're forgetting Shedinja exists. Only Aerilate kills it. Mega Gardevoir isn't overly bothered, since it just drops a Will O Wisp (Which is worth carrying anyway) on Shedinja and that's that, but Refrigerate Pokemon and Sylveon/Mega Altaria have to carry Toxic, basically, which is not a thing they are happy to be forced to run.

Certainly, the -ate Abilities aren't anywhere near as bad as Normalize, since they can actually hit super-effectively on things and all, but having zero coverage is pretty awful regardless if you're not pre-Gen VI Dragon or Gen I Psychic or something to that effect.

I'm also not sure what the point of Mega Gardevoir dumping Pixilate on the enemy would be. Sure, they lose STAB, but Mega Gardevoir doesn't resist Fairy and isn't exactly queen of bulk. I guess it might help against Heatran? (But even then, you're going from STAB+Pixilate bonus albeit doubly ineffective to no STAB and no Pixilate bonus singly ineffective if you're talking Hyper Voice [Dragon], which is only a slight improvement. I guess you could run Thunderbolt instead, and lose out on that sweet, sweet Substitute-bypassing power? Doubling your damage and reducing Flash Cannon to a third could be nice?)

Honestly, Sylveon generally doesn't do anything except spam Pixilate Hyper Voice anyway, so being denied the pretension of coverage isn't really that big a change for it. In fact, having Psyshock Pixilated is actually pretty darn good, assuming the -ate Abilities retain the damage boost, since it becomes STAB+gets a 30% increase in power, nearly doubling its effectiveness against neutral targets, not even getting into the fact that Fairy is a much better offensive type than Psychic. (And no, Psyshocking Poison types isn't at all effective in Standard, because they're heavily weighted toward having good Defense)

I also disagree with Mega Gardevoir being useless. It's not as bad as Sylveon about "what's coverage?" but generally if you're using it you're using it to spam Hyper Voice -about the only thing it loses is the ability to Hidden Power Ground Heatran, which isn't even as effective as you might think it is. Again, in some ways it's nice to be able to -ate Psyshock (Even if Mega Gardevoir already has STAB on it), and Gardevoir's movepool includes a lot of cool things like Will O Wisp -it's not at all unusual for me to have only two attacking moves on Gardevoir (Keeping in mind I trend toward Hyper Offense and Mega Gardevoir is all about murdering things), so it's not a huge hit to it.

But yeah this seriously screws over all the other -ated Pokemon, whom are only good for the combination of ridiculous power and actual coverage. (Mega Salamence would be un-ban-worthy, because it wouldn't be able to use Earthquake as coverage) I'd really prefer something like "the first move is -ated" to "all moves are -ated".

Well, it's probably unsurprising to hear I'm personally inclined toward Fighting, but I'd really rather other people chime in.

I'll tag you guys if I have to. Don't make me tag you.
Take Down
Steel type

Why: Take Down is basically "Double Edge before you're high enough level to learn Double Edge", so... same typing. There's even a decent number of Pokemon that get Take Down but not Double Edge, so it's not completely redundant.

Thrash
Ghost type

Why: The Japanese is Violent Struggle, and frankly I'm really struggling to find a good type for it, so I'm going with the interpretation that Thrash is a life-and-death sort of thing (Its name in Japanese is similar to Struggle, except Struggle is in vain vs this is violent) and going with Ghost. Plus it gives Ghost coverage to stuff.

Razor Wind
Flying type

Why: Honestly, I never got why Gust became Flying type in Gen II but not Razor Wind. I know it's a kamataichi reference, I've known it for years, it still doesn't make sense to me. (To be fair, Flying type makes it overlap with Sky Attack, but that's never stopped Game Freak before. I mean, come on, it overlaps with Skull Bash as-is, and Skull Bash is almost decent! Razor Wind is just terrible, whatever type you give it)

Natural Gift
Grass type

Why: You use a Berry to determine power, effect, and actual type. Not only is the listed type meaningless (We're gonna need to figure out what type Chilan Berry produces, by the by) but come on, why isn't it already Grass type? It's called "Nature's Blessing" in Japanese for crying out loud!

After You
Dragon type

Why: Same regal reasoning as Quash.

Assist
Fairy type

Why: Our trend with cat Pokemon is equally split between Fairy and Dark, and Assist strikes me as a more "cute" move than an underhanded one -flavor-wise, I mean. Competitively, V-Create Contrary Spinda would place it firmly in Dark.

Attract
Fairy type

Why: I'm trying to think of a way of explaining my reasoning that isn't "Duh this is obvious" and I'm failing. I mean, if other people want to produce other entries they're free to do so, but I kinda doubt anybody will.

Focus Energy
Fighting type

Why: Pumping yourself up, found on a number of Fighting types (Plenty of other things too, but once you ignore Normal I think Fighting is the single most common one, eyeballing the list), etc.

----

Spike Cannon
Recipients: Heracross, Scizor, Escavalier, Cacturne, Samurott

Why: Heracross should be several layers of obvious (Skill Link Mega, arm-guns, spikiness, albeit it's only an improvement over Earthquake by virtue of being multi-hit), Scizor is a bit more questionable for launching spikes but could be believable and gets Technician while lacking Earthquake, Escavalier, Cacturne, and Samurott are all other users who lack Earthquake, are plausible as spiky guys (Even if launching is iffy for the non-Cacturne ones), and are Physically oriented. (I originally wanted to give it to Roserade until I checked and saw just how much better at Special than Physical it is)

Extreme Speed
Recipients: Pidgeot, Sharpedo, Ninjask, Rapidash, Beedrill

Why: Hoo boy. This is hard. Most Pokemon that make sense already get it, or are sufficiently good I'm scared to give it to them, such as Garchomp. But as for what I went with... Pidgeot is supposed to be able to fly at Mach speeds, Ninjask is supposed to move so fast you literally can't see it, Rapidash is a fast Fire type that appreciates it and is low-tier (And it really is supposed to be very fast), Sharpedo is supposed to be quite fast itself and appreciates the Fire coverage, and Beedrill... well, I covered it for Quick Attack already.

Tail Slap
Recipients: Ambipom, Persian, Dragalge

Why: Frankly, Ambipom is the only Technician and/or Skill Link Pokemon that doesn't get it and makes anything remotely resembling sense to get it. I was originally going to give it to more stuff, until it occurred to me... Return. Not much point, why strain my brain?

EDIT: Then I went back to my previous entry and remembered that yes Dragalge is a cool possibility, albeit gimmicky, and why shouldn't Persian be included in the fun, even if Technician will only occasionally place it above Return?

/takes a bow

But seriously, other people should post stuff too! You can just focus on spreading around moves if you think your entries on re-typing will be redundant!
Well, Mega Gardevoir, while it doesn't particularly resent the type change on Psyshock (if you want to not be walled by Poison you should've been running Psychic in the first place), definitely does resent the sudden lack of Focus Blast or Hidden Power Ground. Pixilated Psyshock does well enough against other Psychics and Fairies, so Shadow Ball is redundant regardless.

As for actual submissions:
Extreme Speed:
Recipients: Pidgeot, Latios, Latias, Escavalier, Ninjask, Beedrill
Yes, I know there are more than 4 here. Pick and choose a few, I guess. Pidgeot again flies at Mach speeds, Ninjask moves so fast as to be invisible to the naked eye. Both of those are just as Ghoul King said.

As for Escavalier:
Pokémon Black dex entry: They fly around at high speed, striking with their pointed spears. Even when in trouble, they face opponents bravely.

Seems fitting for Extreme Speed, especially given Extreme Speed's trend of being given to slow Pokémon that are described as being fast in their 'dex entries.

Latios and Latias:
Quote from Latios's Sapphire/Alpha Sapphire 'dex entry: This Pokémon can fly faster than a jet plane by folding its forelegs to minimize air resistance.

While Latias's 'dex entry doesn't say anything about its speed specifically, it is still known to be fast and is used for transportation multiple times. The official site also stresses that its Mega Evolved form is highly manoeuvrable.

Neither Latios nor Latias really have a good reason to use the move anyway, with the possible exception of Mega Latios, so nothing is likely to be particularly broken by giving them access to it.

Beedrill is mostly just because Ghoul King said it and Mega Beedrill would certainly appreciate the Fire coverage and priority.

Also seconding Ghoul King's idea to give Spike Cannon to Mega Heracross.

One last question, by the way. May we see the vote totals for the Dizzy Punch distribution? I have a feeling that The Reptile and I ended up splitting the vote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)