Seasonal Ladder [July: Fireworks Frenzy]

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Not going to change the seasonal the last days after a lot of modifications for balance, sorry :/

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
You can still play it on my server, Joim's Lab :)

The new seasonal has been brought to you by ascriptmaster:

[Seasonal] Han vs Hun
The current Seasonal Ladder, February, is Han vs Hun. This Seasonal goes back to the old tradition of celebrating real life events, and thus it's entirely based on the chinese new year, making our Pokémon fight in the scenario of the beloved Disney movie Mulan.

The Chinese, led by Mushu and general Shang will get boosts as they train, initially overpowered by the huns, attempting to save the nation of China from the invaders. Furthermore, you will be able to use chinese rockets to celebrate blasting it in your opponents mouth.

Are you ready?

Leaderboard for this month
Total battles:
Pos - Name - ELO - GXE - Glicko-1
1 majaspic22 1401 79.0 1752 ± 46
2 spec n 1379 81.0 1778 ± 70
3 JdishC 1365 75.2 1710 ± 43
4 tbundy 1348 81.8 1787 ± 63
5 wooo spaghetti 1334 79.5 1761 ± 73
6 beardy man 1325 77.0 1732 ± 73
7 Chasser 1314 74.8 1708 ± 66
8 Vectene 1311 77.3 1734 ± 60
9 Pasmal 1300 77.9 1742 ± 65
10 Ruze 1294 72.2 1681 ± 37

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
Is Jackie Chan in Mulan? I'm pretty sure that he's not.
98 Degrees were.

Anyway, this looks exciting! Thanks for another super seasonal Joim ! I'm curious about these rockets... I'll have to post some replays after I see them.

Edit: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/seasonalhanvshun-208599223 - Mega Swampert is good. I'm thinking 'Train Recruits' gives that player's team the 1.5x defenses, which is scary.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/seasonalhanvshun-208601205 - Make sure you preserve Yao!!

Last edited:
The rocket recoil can really hurt. What's the chance for it to misfire with untrained recruits?
As you may have noticed, every time a stanza of "I'll Make A Man Out Of You" completes, a message pops up saying the recruits are more trained.

At the beginning of the game, chance of failure is a whopping 50%.

It drops off quickly, though. 5 turns in is the end of the first stanza (less if you Sing), which drops it to around 33%.

Four turns after that, it goes to 12%.

And finally six (I think) turns after that, when you hit your third benchmark, the recruits will never misfire.

The huns often seem underpowered at the start due to bad match ups. Granted, I did lose hun drapion, the pokemon I switched to, to two rockets which apparently only has a 25% chance of happening.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/seasonalhanvshun-208920372

If this replay doesn't show how overpowered the Hans are, I don't know what will.
Oh snap, I never realized how legit Sing-spam was in the meta.

I'll have to figure something out, maybe starting them off with more negative boosts. Actually, I should probably remove Sing as a mechanic entirely, or make it only usable by Li Shang (or while he's not fainted) since he's the general and it's not like the recruits can train themselves

Gimme a few days to figure it out, though
The huns often seem underpowered at the start due to bad match ups. Granted, I did lose hun drapion, the pokemon I switched to, to two rockets which apparently only has a 25% chance of happening.
Li Shang (being the general, and therefore not needing training) never fails with his rockets. That might be the reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)