Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
But Machamp's Submission was super effective. I don't see the problem.
if you hover over clefable it says it's fairy, it's normal though, happens also for example if you hover over fire blast in oldgens, the actual power is 120 but it says 110 because it displays the gen 6 info.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-256208452

Turn 8/Turn 9

I used volt switch in turn 8 and it activated his eject button, which he used to bring out his mega beedrill.

The problem is he was able to select a move with his beedrill and attack me before I completed my move [as in sent in my pokemon to take its place].

his durant got ejected which should cancel out a chance of him attacking that turn.

-----------------------DAMAGE CALC IS BROKEN-----------------------------------

OK so I just got out of a battle with my friend, Cr4zySh0tgunGuy on showdown, it wasn't anything competitive just casual fun. The battle ultimately came down to Scrafty vs Hoopa U, I used Hyperspace Fury to show off and it didn't actually kill from the range he was at. It was fine, it was meant to 2HKO and I assumed I could live two hits. He Drain Punches and then it killed me from 80%. I didn't think much of it until I ran the calc.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury

^My Hoopa set (all that matters anyways)

Scrafty @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Def / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch

^His Scrafty set (EVs are wonky, I know. Again it was casual fun, not super competitive)

Here's my replay: YA7G-WWWW-WW2H-CUPU
Here's his replay: 73BW-WWWW-WW2H-CVWT
(Cannot emphasize enough that these weren't competitive games, he and I were having fun for the sake of fun lol)

Here's the calc (this was ran at level 50, not 100):
252+ Atk Scrafty Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hoopa: 84-99 (54.1 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

My Hoopa U was at 80% exactly (124 HP) meaning even with max damage, I should've been able to survive the hit. Obviously the actual game isn't wrong, so it's the calc that's broken. (Wasn't a crit as well, we both rewatched the replays if that's your first thought)

Maybe there's something that I missed? I tried to be as thorough as possible before submitting this but the calc being broken was the only conclusion I could come to. If anybody could help me, that would be amazing. Thank you!
Hyperspace fury lowers your defense by one stage, which is probably why your friend was able to KO hoopa from that range

252+ Atk Scrafty Drain Punch vs. -1 0 HP / 0 Def Hoopa: 237-280 (78.7 - 93%) -- guaranteed 2HKO, there was nothing wrong with damage calc in this case

Hyperspace fury lowers your defense by one stage, which is probably why your friend was able to KO hoopa from that range

252+ Atk Scrafty Drain Punch vs. -1 0 HP / 0 Def Hoopa: 237-280 (78.7 - 93%) -- guaranteed 2HKO, there was nothing wrong with damage calc in this case
ohhhhhhhhh lol i feel stupid now thanks

It didn't happen to be Iron Head from a Mold Breaker Excadrill, or your Honchkrow used Roost?
It was an Iron Head from a Bisharp and my Honchkrow was at full health so I didn't use roost. My Honchkrow used Heat Wave but it wasn't enough to kill, then my opponent used Megahorn.

Last edited:
Battle chat is currently glitched in replays.

For instance,

Kit Kasai: no berry or anything
Kit Kasai: or that berry

becomes

Error parsing: |c| Kit Kasai|no berry or anything
TypeError: Cannot read property 'get' of undefined at Object.Tools.parseChatMessage (http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/js/battledata.js?v0.9.5h:362:47)
Error parsing: |c| Kit Kasai|or that berry
TypeError: Cannot read property 'get' of undefined at Object.Tools.parseChatMessage (http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/js/battledata.js?v0.9.5h:362:47)

in this battle: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/1v1-256187438

sirDonovan

Wonder
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus
Battle chat is currently glitched in replays.

For instance,

Kit Kasai: no berry or anything
Kit Kasai: or that berry

becomes

Error parsing: |c| Kit Kasai|no berry or anything
Error parsing: |c| Kit Kasai|or that berry

in this battle: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/1v1-256187438
Fixed. Replay chats should work normally after the next client update.

Neither his Durant nor his Beedrill-Mega moved in turn 8, which is correct, is it not? (His Durant
would otherwise have moved in turn 8 because his Truant was only affecting odd-numbered turns.)
My issue is my volt switch wasn't completed. I was supposed to pick a pokemon to come in, which it asked me to pick and I did. The pokemon I selected to come in after the volt switch came in at turn 9 as if, I used volt switch turn 9. I hadn't selected a move for my hitmonlee to use. He came in on volt switch and got overrun :afrostar:

My issue is my volt switch wasn't completed. I was supposed to pick a pokemon to come in, which it asked me to pick and I did. The pokemon I selected to come in after the volt switch came in at turn 9 as if, I used volt switch turn 9. I hadn't selected a move for my hitmonlee to use. He came in on volt switch and got overrun :afrostar:
I'm sorry, the wording you used in your original post confused me into looking at your opponent's moves rather than yours. I don't suppose you remember whether the game had reached turn 9 before or after you were prompted to switch?

I'm sorry, the wording you used in your original post confused me into looking at your opponent's moves rather than yours. I don't suppose you remember whether the game had reached turn 9 before or after you were prompted to switch?
I was asked to select my pokemon to come in for the volt switch after his beedrill came in, while in turn 8. As soon as I selected my pokemon to come in, turn 9 started and bam! I apologize for my misdirection as well. It's one of those times where I know what I'm saying but I'm not conveying it properly.

I know it probably isn't super significant, when I do "/learn rock climb, (pokemon name)" for several users of Rock Climb (specifically Chimchar, Monfenro, Swampert, Infernape, and Magmortar so far) it says it cannot be learned, but when I do "/ds rock climb, all" they show up on the list. (I was searching it for in-game reasons, but I happened to find the error on Showdown).

I know it probably isn't super significant, when I do "/learn rock climb, (pokemon name)" for several users of Rock Climb (specifically Chimchar, Monfenro, Swampert, Infernape, and Magmortar so far) it says it cannot be learned, but when I do "/ds rock climb, all" they show up on the list. (I was searching it for in-game reasons, but I happened to find the error on Showdown).
Try it the other way around: /learn [pokemon], [move(s)]

Definitely not a major issue, but the number of PP remaining on an opponent's move (when you hover over an opponent's pokemon) doesn't update correctly when Spite is used. Tested with Pressure and that deducted 2 PP as expected, but using Spite doesn't show any decrease in PP at all from the display window when it should deduct 4 PP, even after the message saying "But there was no PP left on the move!" appears for the move on the opponent's pokemon after Spite is used.

Got a replay here, but the hover window doesn't appear in replays so I took two screenshots as well. The first one is what the window looks like on turn 5, where the number of PP on Stone Edge should have been changed to 0 since Spite was used (Stone Edge was used 4 times before Spite was used), but it still shows as 4 PP. The second one is the info window at the end of the game - the PP on Swords Dance still shows as 31/32 even though Spite was used to deduct PP from it.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/1v1-257077220

spite1.jpg
spite2.jpg

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Turn 7: Foul Play does not prevent Focus Punch from activating. Is this a bug or some deep game mechanic which I don't know about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)