Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not a bug. Both sides of the field can have their own Tailwind.

Click on the gear icon in the top right of the screen. Do you have "Ignore tournaments" checked?
Okay, wish I had a link to the game right before that one uploaded, but Opponent used tailwind, then I used tailwind the turn after and it failed. Then I had that game I uploaded happen so I figured one of those is a bug. So which one is the bug?

Hi,
I recently came across some wierd things happening while playing pokemon showdown. I was in these situations where pokemon would move faster than mine and I wasn't sure why. I know all the mechanics that make pokemon faster and was talking to some in the help room and we came to a realization that the mouse-over information is wrong. And I think it was primarily on pokemon who have the item to make transform them into mega pokemon. For instance, my 'normal' gengar showed a speed of 232 and when I transformed him he still had 232 speed. And it happened before with a pidgeot that turned mega. And someone in the help room said that a normal gengar can not have a speed of 232... Can someone look into this? I would like to see the speed before he turns into mega...

in challenge cup 1v1 I had an arceus holding a sky plate and it wasn't arceus-flying

http://prntscr.com/83lhld

I was very disappointed

Edit: had 2 other games both with arceus, one with sky plate and one with dread plate and neither of them are arceus-flying/arceus-dark either

Last edited:
Not sure if this post belongs here or in the models section, but there is a problem with the models when using Ally switch. They are overlapping each other after you use Ally Switch (at least for your view model). However, after a couple turns, for an earlier game, the models reverted to normal.

Screen Shot 2015-08-12 at 2.59.40 AM.png

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I thought sheer force was supposed to prevent life orb damage?
Only if the move has a secondary effect. You really need to go and look up some of the mechanics/interactions of the moves/items you are claiming to be bugs before you post in this thread.

Nope! This is a direct quote from bulpapedia:
"If (and only if) a move is boosted by the effect of Sheer Force, it will no longer trigger item or Ability effects that activate after attacking. This includes the effects of Eject Button, Shell Bell, and Red Card, as well as the Ability Color Change. If an item has two effects, only the effect(s) that activate after attacking will be negated. Therefore, if a Pokémon holds a Life Orb, it will gain the passive damage boost (because it is not activated after the attack) but the recoil effect afterward will be ignored."
Which move did you used that cause Life Orb recoil?

Hi, i have a problem with my ladder ranking. I checked my /rank before i found a game and then did the same after i won a game, and this was the result http://prntscr.com/83wn8x
If you did it right after you won, then it might just be the lag. However, (I'm assuming the battle was standard OU), if your opponent had too low of a ranking, would it be possible to increase by 0? Or is it always by at least 1?

sergey

Banned deucer.
If you did it right after you won, then it might just be the lag. However, (I'm assuming the battle was standard OU), if your opponent had too low of a ranking, would it be possible to increase by 0? Or is it always by at least 1?
It's not lag, you can see my win count increased by 1 and my elo reduced, and it's not decay since i checked my rank right before and right after the battle

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-256208452

Turn 8/Turn 9

I used volt switch in turn 8 and it activated his eject button, which he used to bring out his mega beedrill.

The problem is he was able to select a move with his beedrill and attack me before I completed my move [as in sent in my pokemon to take its place].

his durant got ejected which should cancel out a chance of him attacking that turn.
so my thing is a legitimate bug?

It's not lag, you can see my win count increased by 1 and my elo reduced, and it's not decay since i checked my rank right before and right after the battle
It was because your rank had decayed, but the decay didn't show up until after you played another battle which I've seen happen sometimes.

While these 2 moves are relatively new (Hyperspace Fury and Hyperspace Hole) there is a major bug in them. While they do bypass moves like protect, detect, king's shield, etc; showdown also has them able to bypass substitute. Both of these moves should not bypass substitute.

While these 2 moves are relatively new (Hyperspace Fury and Hyperspace Hole) there is a major bug in them. While they do bypass moves like protect, detect, king's shield, etc; showdown also has them able to bypass substitute. Both of these moves should not bypass substitute.
They actually do bypass Substitute. Please check before reporting incorrect bugs. Or at least use the search thread feature.

i did quadruple check it on smogon, serebii, marriland, and bulbapedia's move pages. On both the hyperspace's pages and the substitute pages too.

i did quadruple check it on smogon, serebii, marriland, and bulbapedia's move pages. On both the hyperspace's pages and the substitute pages too.
That's not good enough. To truly verify, you need to try it in-game as well.

Sometimes, sites like these copy from other sites, which can mean that all the sites are wrong together.

tehy

Banned deucer.
It was because your rank had decayed, but the decay didn't show up until after you played another battle which I've seen happen sometimes.
not like it's a big deal either way, but I'd like to say that this has happened to me basically every single time i've had decay so far as I can tell

the caveat here is that it's not always possible to tell because i don't always keep track of my rating, but any time i've been interested in doing so that I can recall, this is how decay had worked

also, scriptmaster, people aren't going to test this shit ingame, that's an unreasonable thing to say to someone. if all 4 sites are wrong, it's also reasonable to expect normal users to be wrong too-the solution is to fix our dex.

kevinrocks

Merry Wanderer of the Night
http://prntscr.com/841qi4
as seen here, the first letter of this person's name grayed out as if the first letter was their rank.
I tried this with other users, but nothing of the sort happened, and i think this case happened after i sent a battle request to an alternate account of theirs and it leaped to theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)