VGC 2015: Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i really want to try running Sharpedo. Mega or Non Mega, either is fine.
Has anyone used this previously? what set should it be running, what are some good team mates?
any help is much appreciated =).

Is Mega Scizor worth the ugliness? What do you guys think? It sounds like a stupid question, but I want another opinion.

So i really want to try running Sharpedo. Mega or Non Mega, either is fine.
Has anyone used this previously? what set should it be running, what are some good team mates?
any help is much appreciated =).
I ran a Mega Sharpedo in Battle Spot Doubles a while ago. It wasn't too successful, I was running 4HP 252Atk 252Spe, with Speed Boost, and it wasn't great. It scored a few KO's, but having 5 weaknesses an being as frail as it is, just didn't work well. But if you're interested in non mega, I'd give a Focus Sash/Destiny Bond variant a shot.

Demantoid

APMS Founder
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Is Mega Scizor worth the ugliness? What do you guys think? It sounds like a stupid question, but I want another opinion.
Well I can't say Kangaskhan, Thundurus, or Landorus-t are exactly the most beautiful pokemon. Just use the pokemon you need to win no matter what it looks like.

I need a Garchomp with Naive Nature, and 6IVs. I'm building a VGC team with it, and it'd be a huge help. My FC is 5429-9463-5931

I think Mega Scizor is quite cool looking! I don't haven any personal experience with it (yet), but I've seen it work in Rain teams, and it's priority is pretty useful. I guess you just have to find a reason as to why you're using it over it's normal form or other Steel megas like Mega Metagross and Mega Mawile. Here's a team report on nugget bridge of a player that goes by Baz that used Mega Scizor. He did a video report, so you'll have to watch the video on Mega Scizor to see why he used it. http://nuggetbridge.com/reports/liepard-returns-arnhem-champion-beyond-team-analysis/

Mishimono

mish mish
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
DPL Champion
Would an Adamant Mega Kangaskhan under tailwind outspeed Jolly Choice Scarf Tyranitar with 36 speed EVs?

Would an Adamant Mega Kangaskhan under tailwind outspeed Jolly Choice Scarf Tyranitar with 36 speed EVs?
Yes, you actually outspeed after a speed drop on Tyranitar from something like Icy Wind, which is what I think that EV number is meant for.

Pretty much any speed question can be answered by the second biggest pride and joy of my VGC15 work:
Titan's VGC15 Speed Tiers
And yes, Ksh13 is right: 36 Speed Adamant MegaKhan hits 125 Speed at level 50, 1 point ahead of max Speed Jolly (non-mega) TTar. With Tailwind, the same Khan hits 250, and a max Speed ScarfTar hits 187 Speed.

Mishimono

mish mish
DPL Champion
Pretty much any speed question can be answered by the second biggest pride and joy of my VGC15 work:
Titan's VGC15 Speed Tiers
And yes, Ksh13 is right: 36 Speed Adamant MegaKhan hits 125 Speed at level 50, 1 point ahead of max Speed Jolly (non-mega) TTar. With Tailwind, the same Khan hits 250, and a max Speed ScarfTar hits 187 Speed.
Oh man thanks I kept going to that Nugget Bridge article but that thing was confusing as heck and didn't list Tailwind and stuff.

Can also add with saying that they won't go live until we know the ruleset for next season.
Same. Literally same
Although there might be a... slight window that we could start before. You know, to give players that are going to participate in PCs a more reliable testground... Idk.

Mishimono

mish mish
DPL Champion
Same. Literally same
Although there might be a... slight window that we could start before. You know, to give players that are going to participate in PCs a more reliable testground... Idk.
About season 12 do you know where I can find a list of moves via event.

I got a pretty god damn question that i couldn't take off from my head.
If i want to use a mixed Talonflame that can outspeed MegaGross, what nature should i use? Hasty or Naive?

I got a pretty god damn question that i couldn't take off from my head.
If i want to use a mixed Talonflame that can outspeed MegaGross, what nature should i use? Hasty or Naive?
I'd say Naive is the best. Hasty makes you take a considerable amount more from moves such as Fake Out, and it is also for that reason way more common than Hasty on the PGL statistics.

252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Fake Out vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 69-82 (44.8 - 53.2%) -- 15% chance to 2HKO

252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Fake Out vs. 4 HP / 0- Def Talonflame: 76-91 (49.3 - 59%) -- 100% chance to 2HKO

Guys, I have a question:

There's something which stops well CHALK and another one that stops Perish Trap?
For CHALK I heard M-Swamper is a good choice but I don't want play a Rain team everytime.

Guys, I have a question:

There's something which stops well CHALK and another one that stops Perish Trap?
For CHALK I heard M-Swamper is a good choice but I don't want play a Rain team everytime.
If you want to be technical, absolutely nothing stops Perish Trap unless you're running a mono Ghost team, VoltTurn team (even then its not perfect thanks to Protect + Disable), or six Soundproof mons, and considering that Bouffalant and Electrode are the only remotely viable choices that's not a good idea either. It's called Perish Cancer because you're pretty much fucked no matter what you do, like real cancer. Soundproof Electrode outspeeds Mega Gengar, and Taunt shuts it down. Max Speed Whimsicott's Taunt is unmatched, but Whimsicott is a common partner to Mega Gengar for this reason and its priority Encore.

CHALK, I fail to see how Mega Swampy does anything to stop Cresselia laughing, using Trick Room, then letting its teammates pummel it to death. And Amoonguss gives no fuck. Put Cress + Amoonguss and you just lost your mega.
Primal Groudon is just about the only thing I can think of that would *singlehandedly* demolish all of them, but its obviously banned in VGC15. If there was one thing that could beat all 5 we'd all be running that and CHALK would be dead in a month or two.

Bulky water stops Landog and Heatran, Taunt stops Amoonguss / Cress, Khan... only really fears Burn, Intimidate (to an extent), and faster Fighting mons (Terrakion/Virizion/Mienshao/Infernape/Blaziken) though Ghosts work as well if it lacks Crunch (Gengar and Aegislash are the usual choice).
LO Infernape / Blaziken can smash Heatran, Amoonguss, Khan, and Landog (HP Ice) but need help on Landog and Cress, that's about as close as you get in one slot. You need a core that stops the 5 of them, not one mon; if such a thing exists it would simply snap under the pressure of doing so.
Also with CHALK, imo, Thundurus is pretty much as prevalent and pops into mind when I think of them so pack a hard hitting Rock / Ice move or Lightningrod for that.

If Nidoking outspeeds things it can do really well. You can either do this with a Scarf or speed control. The problem is Nidoking is really frail so Nidoqueen is possibly better for a Tailwind/T-wave team.
ok cool

but does queen miss KO's that king doesn't??

GundamExia
Since Queen can afford to run modest it actually hits harder. If Nidoking is modest it only gains a chance to ohko Aegislash amd some Sylveon and Gardevoir builds over Nidoqueen.
Nidoqueen's bulk lets it live Aegislash's LO Shadow Ball though, 4/0 Nidoking has about the same odds of being OHKO'd as 252/0 Aegislash does if both run Modest.
Sylveon / Gardevoir, Nidoking can honestly run Poison Jab for a lot better results. 102 Atk > 85 Sp. Atk, and striking much lower Def stats if killing Fairies is the goal. Nidos have fucking massive movepools so you can really pick and choose what you want to hit and lose to.
imo, Queen's better overall, but is tragically slower than Heatran, Gyarados, and Milotic, so keep that in mind if you run Earth Power + BoltBeam. Queen's bulk helps, and if you've got Speed on your side she can 2HKO a lot of shit. King gets the jump on the aforementioned Heatran / Gyara / Milotic, and mixed sets deal with Fairies / Cresselia (Megahorn) better so it can outpace and KO if you can't dominate Speed (ie, both you and foe have Tailwind up).

tl;dr Queen's usually better but use King for Scarf sets / Thunderbolt.

Does anyone know if some of the japanese players have revealed their EV spreads (bar Scar, whos report is on NB)? I'm especially interested in Yosuke Isagi and Hideyuki Taida's teams.

I also just noticed that there were only TWO choiced pokemon in top 8 at worlds, of which only one was Landorus (Band, not scarf).

Does anyone know if some of the japanese players have revealed their EV spreads (bar Scar, whos report is on NB)? I'm especially interested in Yosuke Isagi and Hideyuki Taida's teams.

I also just noticed that there were only TWO choiced pokemon in top 8 at worlds, of which only one was Landorus (Band, not scarf).
I've not seen anything, they might be floating around. I wouldn't be surprised if the Japanese players don't want to share the spreads they used though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)