PS! Model Mod & Fixing Thread

skips during the animation
missing a few frames
weird black dots flashing on Beedrill's wings
grid is visible
did anyone even fix them yet? come on!!!
the eyes disappear in one of the frames
the right eye disappears for a split second
lag in the animation
parts of the body have green on them

oh, and the Shiny Nosepass backsprite needs be updated :)

Last edited:
a ton of the normal back sprites have lag in their animation

lag and random pixels flash on the belly

missing some frames

visible grid (look very closely)

weird frame animation

static on the tails and weird frame animation

Last edited:
here's an update:

>

idk if that is better but i tried

>

I tried to match the speed for this one

Last edited:

Quite Quiet

I need a kitchen knife that doesn't whisper to me
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Moonboy65 that Machamp you made has less frames than it's supposed to. I by no means claim this is an exact science, but your version has gaps in animation rather than making it smooth like it was supposed to be. Consider the following two:
/

Your / Mine
Your version skips when the arms are moving upwards, while mine doesn't.

Also, here's the first batch of fixes for that. I'll try to get around to the rest during the weekend.
See above
Purple pixels appeared sometimes

Last edited:
Moonboy65 that Machamp you made has less frames than it's supposed to. I by no means claim this is an exact science, but your version has gaps in animation rather than making it smooth like it was supposed to be. Consider the following two:
/

Your / Mine
Your version skips when the arms are moving upwards, while mine doesn't.

Also, here's the first batch of fixes for that. I'll try to get around to the rest during the weekend.
See above
Purple pixels appeared sometimes
Is there anything else you tried to make Nidoking and Machamp move a lot smoother?

I'm gonna have to do a mega post for the back sprite errors

Lag (you have to look closely for some of them, VERY closely):

Missing frames (needs a good eye):

Pokémon stops cold for a few frames:

Mixed issues (random flashing pixels/discolored parts/flashing parts/lag animation and frame skip):

Animation is slower than the shiny variant:

Visible Grid (needs a good eye):

Static:

same as Pidgeotto but but one of the wings flashes green

needs to be fixed along with the front sprite

I did say this was a mega post, so if anyone wanna help Quiet do them, please feel free to do so

Last edited:

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Because that is the color the wings have on cartridge. Also please try to avoid posting like four posts in a row, we have an edit button
Just gonna point out that any Pokemon with blue wings (like Beedrill, Yanma, Volbeat, Scizor and its Mega, Mega Pinsir, etc. - and shiny variants) has them because of an error in ripping the models. They are actually transparent or close to transparent (light white) in-game.

Quite Quiet

is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
bunch of fixes (some of them still have stuff that needs to be cleaned):
I'm just gonna warn you before you go on. There's technically nothing wrong with the fixes here, but whatever tool you have been using to correct these break the colour indexing that was present before. It doesn't make the models look any different, but doing any further work is pretty much impossible without starting over. It's no big deal, but if you want to make me happy, it will be a good idea to consider using something else.

aseprite is a pretty good, free, tool that doesn't do that too.

I had some of the already fixed done too, but without the indexing issue present :(

missing frames

Last edited:
I'm just gonna warn you before you go on. There's technically nothing wrong with the fixes here, but whatever tool you have been using to correct these break the colour indexing that was present before. It doesn't make the models look any different, but doing any further work is pretty much impossible without starting over. It's no big deal, but if you want to make me happy, it will be a good idea to consider using something else.

aseprite is a pretty good, free, tool that doesn't do that too.

I had some of the already fixed done too, but without the indexing issue present :(

missing frames
I'm actually using aseprite if you didn't know that already

Last edited:

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
I finally got around to making all those missing frames...

edit: xfix PS! has the correct model already, but it's using the wrong name.

Last edited:

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
Cryogonal, Entei and Druddigon still have not been fixed yet lol
Unless you say what you think is wrong with those three, I can't do anything about it (I see nothing wrong with Entei and Drudd, and Cryo's shading is supposed to be like that.

Unless you say what you think is wrong with those three, I can't do anything about it (I see nothing wrong with Entei and Drudd, and Cryo's shading is supposed to be like that.
how do you NOT see that blueish color?

Smogon's Druddigon sprite
pkparaiso's Druddigon sprite

see a difference?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)