Post new creative movesets/EV spreads here:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Pokemon: Hitmonchan
Name: Agilichan
-Move 1: Agility
-Move 2: Stone Edge / Rock Slide
-Move 3: Close Combat
-Move 4: (See notes)
Item: Life Orb / Expert Belt / Focus Sash
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 120 HP/252 Atk/136 Spd

Agility is one thing that Hitmonchan has that Hitmonlee sort of... wishes... to have. With the EVs given, you outspeed Adamant Tyranitars running 252 Speed EVs. The HP EVs help assure some survivalbility from some nonSTAB NVE attacks. Basically you have a total of 271 HP to use, and some mad attack potential.

As far as items goes, Life Orb hits things pretty hard since you're hitting things at neutral anyways. Expert Belt can really fuck things up if your hits are Super Effective. Focus Sash gives you a free chance of an Agility with almost no worries. Just make sure Abomasnow / Hippowdon / Tyranitar stay out of your way if you're resulting to this.

As discussed many times before, Rock and Fighting have no resist whatsoever. This makes Hitmonchan hit quite decently almost anything thrown at him. The point is to use Agility, as this works pretty well as a starter in UU or even OU (beware: Gyarados and Weavile might reap some trouble). After an Agility, not much is stopping you, so just pick and choose a move. While Stone Edge has more power, Rock Slide has more PP and accuracy for less power. Close Combat is good STAB, expect to hit many things otherwise, at the slight cost of loosing the tanking abilities that Hitmonchan lacks anyways.

The fourth move is extremely tough to choose from, so I'm laying them down:

-Ice Punch would probably be best in the OU tier, because Garchomp basically nulls out the Stone Edge idea to take out most Dragons. In UU, Ice Punch can hit Altaria for some good damage, but Stone Edge basically covers it.

-Earthquake is sort of sinful on Fighting types, since it doesn't cover much more than what Rock / Fighting has. The main advantage is to bang Steels that take Close Combat at neutral damage. Keep in mind that Skarmory resists Earthquake as well as Bronzong, so mainly EQ is for Metagross. In UU, it hits the likes of Muk and Swalot.

-Focus Punch relies on prediction, however, it can work nicely in OU, however again, most of your counters in the OU Tier is Weezing and Dusknoir, both that take Focus Punch like champs and then WoW you to death.

-Thunderpunch picks Waters a bit, however. IF you are using Thunderpunch, it is HIGHLY recommended to stick with Life Orb. The reason being is that you can roughly OHKO Starmie with 176 HP EVs after Stealth Rock damage. To figure out how much it really does, it does 70.72% - 84.16% to Starmie. Basically, in other words, you won't OHKO Starmie all the time. It only garuntees a KO on Gyarados, not factoring Intimidate.

-Fire Punch hits Froslass, Heracross, Forretress, and Scizor. That's basically it.

As such, Hitmonchan is a prominant threat to the UU tier, however, it has some issues to cope with in the OU tier. OU Walls basically destroy Hitmonchan. Weezing and Dusknoir can WoW Htimonchan, as said before, into oblivion. Bronzong doesn't take too much damage from Close Combat and can put Hitmonchan to Sleep as well as take advantage of Gyro Ball after an Agility has been set up. Cresselia basically will wall you to death. Bulky Waters will eat you since some random Grass-Type Punch hasn't been invented yet.

It's probably going to be switching in and out, so a Wish-passer can see fit here as well.

Meh-ish, but Hitmonchan doesn't get much better than the Analysis has. This is just basically an Agility set.

Froslass (♀) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 188 Atk/252 SAtk/68HP
Naughty nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Thunderbolt
- Wake-up Slap
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball/Destiny Bond

You MIGHT think." That thing has 110 base speed, why does it need a scarf?" Well, this thing is made as a lead.188 is just enough to KO weavile leads, and KOs Salamence, then Thunderbolt kills gyrados. Destiny bond if you want a 1 for 1 KO, Shadow ball if you want to do some damage.

Damage Calcs:
Wake-up Slap
4/0 Neutral Weavile: 100.00-117.73%
148/252 Positive Blissey: 26.02-30.67%

Ice Beam
4/0 neutral Salamence: 165.06-194.28%
252/0 Neutral Hippowdon:70.95-83.33%
0/4 neutral Swellow:149.43-175.86%

G2G, Finish Calculations later

- Thunderbolt
- Wake-up Slap
- Ice Beam

You MIGHT think." That thing has 110 base speed, why does it need a scarf?" Well, this thing is made as a lead.188 is just enough to KO weavile leads, and KOs Salamence, then Thunderbolt kills gyrados. Destiny bond if you want a 1 for 1 KO, Shadow ball if you want to do some damage.

Damage Calcs:
Wake-up Slap

Ice Beam

blissey will kill you with ice beam before you can slap it back to its pokeball

- Thunderbolt
- Wake-up Slap
- Ice Beam

Damage Calcs:
Wake-up Slap

Ice Beam

Decent set, that's why I added it to Froslass' analysis page two months ago. If you're going to post something "new", make sure it actually is first.

i've been wrecking havoc using this shedinja set on shoddy

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Heal Block
- Toxic
- X-Scissor
- Shadow Sneak

It's basically the anti-wall. Healblock to stop recovery and toxic for things you can't take down easily. X-scissor ohko's weavile and you'll survive due to sash. Shadow sneak for other sashers. Shadow Sneak also 2hko's gengar. He also makes it easy to switch in choice users without taking damage

Decent set, that's why I added it to Froslass' analysis page two months ago. If you're going to post something "new", make sure it actually is first.
Not to mention that whole "that thing has 110 base speed, why does it need a scarf?" bit which is very similar to what was already posted in the analysis. Of course, it could have probably just have been a coincidence on his part? :p

Pidgeot Movesets. lolz, I know, but I just fiddling around with this NU 'beast' (har har). So, a moveset..

Pidgeot @ Sky Plate
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: Advice? Bulky, standard 252 Att/Spd?
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Protect/Roost
- Mirror Move
- Brave Bird
- Sleep Talk

Sleep Talk will either Protect/Roost, or Brave Bird, ignoring Mirror Move. Given the vast array of grass/bug sleepers in NU, a surprise Brave Bird is something. Protect is to scout for Mirror Move, or Roost for alternative last-ability.

Fearow can perform the same moveset with more power and speed (Drill Peck over Brave Bird though), but lacks 'decent' defenses that enable Pidgeot to employ Roost, or even make a mistake in regards to Mirror Move.

Thoughts are appreciated into how you think it might hold up in NU. :)

Ninetales @ Salac berry
252 Speed/Sp.Atk

Substitute
Flamethrower/Energy ball
Hypnosis/Nasty Plot
Grudge

This set actually allows Blissey to be set-up fodder for Raikou once you take out all its Seismic Tosses. Also cripples a lot of sweepers relying on one attack. This is especially useful paired with something carrying Taunt. The thing is, you have to pretend it's a special sweeping set, or you could put something to sleep so that your foe will bring out Blissey or something. Then its just a matter of subbing down to salac range or subbing till one seismic toss will kill you. That's when you Grudge your opponent. It's risky but it's worth a try.

Dusknoir aka(DESTROYER OF TEAMS)
EVs: 252hp, 160atk, 50/50splitdefenses
Item: Leftovers
move1: Shadow Sneak
move2: Earthquake
move3: Thunderpunch/Firepunch
move4: Painsplit

I find that the only thing that can truly "beat" this guy in terms of sheer numbers and game mechanics is Metagross...end of story. Concerning Tpunch or Firepunch...I usually go with Tpunch for Gyrados, though Firepunch makes him the ultimate Scizor/Forry counter...if ur worried about that kind of thing. Sorry this guy has just owned too many ppl for me not to put him up here.

I got a couple new ones. I have been adding new members to my team pool, so here's two more I've been working with.

Hitmontop @ leftovers/expert belt
Technician//Adamant
252HP//252 ATT//6 DEF
Mach Punch
Pursuit
Aerial Ace
Triple Kick

Simple, really. Switch in, and start putting the hurt on stuff with your powered up moves. Mach punch does 90, good for revenge kills, and Pursuit makes sure nothing runs. Triple kick for sub breaking and all around damage, Aerial Ace for Herracross, who resists fight/dark. You probably will be best in BL with this guy, becuase he can only take a few hits.

Gardevoir @ Lum Berry
Synchronize//Modest
158 HP//100 SP.ATT//252 SPD

Psychic
Focus Blast
Calm Mind
Wish

Switch in on a Will-O-Wisp or Thunderwave and cripple the opponent. If they stay in (which is highly unlikely, though they may suicidally try and reinflict status on you) you still have a free turn to Calm Mind or Wish. most often the opponent will switch, so Wish or Calm Mind anyway. Keep on staying healthy and boosting sp. def, then start putting the hurt on stuff with Psychic, or Focus blast if they are steel or dark.

This is completely walled by Spiritomb, so jsut wish and switch to a counter if it shows up. I wouldn't reccomend this in OU anyway, you're better off with a faster stronger pokemon, like Choice specs kazam or soemthing. However, in BL it's a beast.

The odd EV spread ensures you will survive a Sucker Punch from a Tcroak and a few siesmic tosses.

Dusknoir aka(DESTROYER OF TEAMS)
EVs: 252hp, 160atk, 50/50splitdefenses
Item: Leftovers
move1: Shadow Sneak
move2: Earthquake
move3: Thunderpunch/Firepunch
move4: Painsplit

I find that the only thing that can truly "beat" this guy in terms of sheer numbers and game mechanics is Metagross...end of story. Concerning Tpunch or Firepunch...I usually go with Tpunch for Gyrados, though Firepunch makes him the ultimate Scizor/Forry counter...if ur worried about that kind of thing. Sorry this guy has just owned too many ppl for me not to put him up here.
I just did the calcs, my kanga would wreck this sucker with good prediction. You can only break the sub half the time using EQ, if you don't, I'll focus punch you to about 15-25% of your HP, then I'll sub again once it's broken.

Both punches can't break the subs, painsplit won't work when the sub is up, shadow sneak does nothing, and earthquake barely breaks it. Also, kanga outruns.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I run sucker punch and roar as well, so if you make a mistake, I'll kill you dead.

A lot can kill that Dusknoir. For example: Reflect Jirachi or a regular Spiritomb. Really any defensive ghost, dark, or levitator.

Timid Shaymin @ Leftovers
252HP/252SPD/6SPA
Seed Flare
Sub
Leech Seed
Protect

I was using this all day today in Shoddy's BL tab, and barely anyone knew how to handle it. Just seed them, and then alternate protects/subs as needed, flaring when necessary. The protect basically gives you a free seed turn without losing your sub. Stealth Rock, which i always have up, discourages switches, as does a nasty Seed Flare to the dome.

You might say "oh, well it gets walled by grass types" which of course is true, but the thing is that it only faced one grass type all day, and that was Ludicolo, who died to a couple of seed flares. Grass types just aren't too common. The only problem I had with it is both Seed Flare's Low PP, and the omnipresence of Scizor in BL matches, who dances a few times before quick attacking.

I have yet to test it in OU, where there is a phaser on every team and a tangrowth here or there, but the way this thing handles in BL makes me think it could work. At least the two most common taunters aren't going to like Seed Flare very much, and can't hurt Shaymin too badly.

Jumpluff can do this too by replacing Seed Flare with Sleep Powder.

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Here's one.

Honchkrow@Life Orb
80 HP/252 Atk/176 Spd
Lonely Nature
-Hidden Power Fire
-Screech
-Sucker Punch
-Pursuit

Switch in on something Krow weak. Screech the switch in. Now they're in a pretty bad position. People aren't likely to stay in on Krow after being Screeched, so Pursuit them for some big damage. If its Skarm/Forry, HP Fire.

you might as well use pursuit on Skarm since I doubt it will stay in after a screech so will forry plus when you hp you reveal right away to the opponent what move you have to counter those physical walls. Better keep it later in the game to screw him over.

(M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Fire Blast

Well, since Gyarados gets a decent amount of special moves and piss poor special attack i've decided to use Choice Specs on it and it's pretty cool as it ruins some of Bulky Gyarados' counters; 244 Speed is used mostly for Jolly Tyranitar.

Damage Calulations

Hydro Pump:

- Max HP Weezing with no Special Defense evs takes 79.94% - 94.01%

Thunder:

-Max HP Stramie with no Special Defense evs takes 94.14% - 110.49%
-Max HP Lapras with no Special Defense evs takes 59.91% - 70.47%
-Max HP Slowbro with no Special Defense evs takes 81.22% - 95.43%

Ice Beam:

- Max HP Tangrowth with no Special Defense evs takes 90.10% - 105.94% from Ice Beam so it's obvious that Fire Blast will always be a ohko.

Fire Blast:

- Max HP Manezone with no Special Defense evs takes 84.59% - 99.42%

This set works but it's more of a gimmick set which Starmie can do better but Gyarados has the element of surprise something Starmie doesn't have, so your opponent might get screwed because of it. Counters: Cresselia / Uxie still laugh at Gyarados even with this set as do Blissey and friends.

Pokemon: Hitmonchan
Name: Agilichan
-Move 1: Agility
-Move 2: Stone Edge / Rock Slide
-Move 3: Close Combat
-Move 4: (See notes)
Item: Life Orb / Expert Belt / Focus Sash
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 120 HP/252 Atk/136 Spd

The fourth move is extremely tough to choose from, so I'm laying them down:
I tried a Hitmonchan like that in Advance, running a Liechi Berry, Rock Slide, Sky Upper, and Bulk Up. That being said, Bulk Up is a viable move for the fourth slot if you think you can pull one off. Liechi berry is useful since Hitmonchan usually goes into critical after one hit... so you'd use Agility, get hit, and have Liechi activate. Bulk Up can be used if you predict a switch, but have the guts to try to sacrifice an attack to power up.

Pokemon: Bibarel
Name: Duster
-Move 1: Superpower
-Move 2: Pluck
-Move 3: Blizzard/Ice Beam
-Move 4: Thunder/Thunderbolt
Item: Choice Scarf
Nature: Rash/Naive
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 Speed, split the remainder into Attack and S Attack

Gimmicky, theoretical, untested, and no calculations. That being said, let's move on to the basis.

Choice Scarf + Unaware allows Bibarel to outspeed a LOT of things. With Rash, it hits 361 speed; with Naive, 397. This means it can hurt/kill Tyranitar, Weavile, Heracross, Breloom, Infernape, Garchomp, Dragonite, Salamence, Gyarados, Rayquaza, Skarmory, Hippowdon, Magnezone, and Tangrowth. Note that I have not done any calculations (and I would truly appreciate it if someone could lead me to a site where I could try D/P damage calcs), and most of the Pokemon on said list are hurt, not killed.

Bibarel can switch into Weavile's Ice Shard, resist it, and OHKO with Superpower presuming Bibarel is faster (Naive). Bibarel can also switch into Gyarados' Waterfall or Ice Fang and Thunder it for good damage, though the KO is unlikely. I THINK Bibarel can OHKO the Dragons with Blizzard, and will always be faster than them, even if it cannot switch into any of them. Heracross and Breloom MAY be taken out by Pluck, but would most likely need residual damage. Infernape won't be taken out by Pluck without Close Combat defense drops or residual damage (which, actually, is common). Skarmory, Hippowdon, Magnezone, and Tangrowth are unlikely to ever be taken down by Bibarel, but Bibarel can at least deal fair damage to them.

Other options include Grass Knot (for Swampert), Waterfall (for Infernape and flinch hax), Thunderwave, Toxic, and Yawn. Status moves, however, aren't too effective when there are so many other Pokemon who can do them better.

Bibarel remains pathetically weak, but there's a CHANCE it may be able to take down a good portion of OU's powerhouse sweepers due to its speed + Unaware and the surprise factor. Note that the only Pokemon on the list that Bibarel has a chance to switch in on are Weavile (Ice Shard), Gyarados (Waterfall and Ice Fang), and Skarmory.

As such, Hitmonchan is a prominant threat to the UU tier, however, it has some issues to cope with in the OU tier. OU Walls basically destroy Hitmonchan. Weezing and Dusknoir can WoW Htimonchan, as said before, into oblivion. Bronzong doesn't take too much damage from Close Combat and can put Hitmonchan to Sleep as well as take advantage of Gyro Ball after an Agility has been set up. Cresselia basically will wall you to death. Bulky Waters will eat you since some random Grass-Type Punch hasn't been invented yet.

It's probably going to be switching in and out, so a Wish-passer can see fit here as well.

Meh-ish, but Hitmonchan doesn't get much better than the Analysis has. This is just basically an Agility set.
You bring up WoW several times, which is of course important, but that begs the question...

Why not the obvious? Slap Substitute on the set, and make it a dedicated Sub-Puncher. Substitute blocks WoW, Focus Punch gains a massive 30% bonus from Iron Fist and the classic Sub/Punch combo works like a charm. Slapping 30% more damage on a 150 BP attack (225 with Stab) and Agility to out-run everyone so you can put down Subs when you need too seems like a good idea.

It also blocks hypnosis from Bronzong.

As you stated before, rock and fighting has no resist. So you get complete coverage with Stone Edge, although I'd personally go with one of the other punching attacks due to Stone Edge's accuracy screwing me over far too often.

*ahem*, Rock and Fighting is also resisted by Nidoking/Nidoqueen and the previously mentioned Claydol. This next guy who I am going to talk about, also resists that combination.

I forgot who did this, but they get credit for it.

Gallade w/ Life Orb
EVs: 76 HP / 216 Atk / 176 Spd / 40 Sp Atk
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)

Close Combat
Night Slash
Thunderbolt
Ice Punch

Bolt-beamish night combat.

176 Spd EVs reaches 240, last time I checked. 76 HP EVs hits 296. Thunderbolt does roughly 54.19% - 63.77% to Skarmory.

Counters: Spikes, Toxic Spikes (sandstorm whittles health down).. etc. Weezing(TB does roughly 26.95% - 31.74%).

I only tried it once on shoddy, and it got a couple kills, but only against randomers. I'll add more if I feel it's needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)