Resource RBY & Tradebacks Bug Report Thread

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1randombattle-353756524

Turn 9: Rhydon puts a Subsitute.
Turn 11: Takes a Superfang, so the Substitute should have 12,5 % of HP at this point.
Turns 13-16: Takes 3 Body Slam hits and a critical Fire Blast. The Substitute should have been broken at this point, but it is not.
Turn 17: Inmune to Toxic, which should affect mons behind a Substitute in RBY.

Another thing is that after turn 13, the The substitute took damage for the opposing Rhydon! message stops appearing.

Superfang always deals damage equal to half the target's HP, not half the target's substitute HP (not saying there wasn't a bug in that reply, as the sub should've clearly broken on turn 13)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1randombattle-353756524

Turn 9: Rhydon puts a Subsitute.
Turn 11: Takes a Superfang, so the Substitute should have 12,5 % of HP at this point.
Turns 13-16: Takes 3 Body Slam hits and a critical Fire Blast. The Substitute should have been broken at this point, but it is not.
Turn 17: Inmune to Toxic, which should affect mons behind a Substitute in RBY.

Another thing is that after turn 13, the The substitute took damage for the opposing Rhydon! message stops appearing.
Pretty sure Subs block Poison in RBY - the only actual status they do block, so Turn 17 was as expected. Sub also blocks Confusion and stat drops and any *secondary* status activations like burn or freeze or Body Slam para, but doesn't block primary Paralysis (Stun Spore) and Sleep.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1ou-358906662

Turn 40 onwards I don't think is quite right.

My Slowpoke gets paralysed by an already paralysed Abra. I then boost with Amnesia to outspeed, then Rest. Abra paralyses it on the turn it wakes and then Slowpoke is slower. To my knowledge that shouldn't be the case- I always was of the understanding that para speed drops cannot be stacked except by the glitch Crystal discovered.

Posted initially in sqsa because I managed to convince myself I might've been misremembering things, but it seems I was right in that there's something fishy here?

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
those are correct mechanics

1. due to an issue with paralysis/burn mechanics, if any stat is modified (dropped or raised) when your opponent is paralyzed/burned, the paralysis speed drop/burn attack drop will be applied once more.

2. even though ghost types arent taking damage from wrap, they are still immobilized by it.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Well, it also shouldn't be saying that Dragonite is in an endless loop at turn 89... Why is anything related to endless battle clause even happening in RBY? There's no way to restore PP.

froggy25

Bye RNGmon
is a Researcher Alumnus
Bughouse Under correct mechanics Wrap PPs would have been raised to 63 if he switched out while the last Wrap was in effect. It's probably why the "endless loop" message was displayed.
My wild guess is that the mechanic triggered on the 32nd Wrap instead of the 33rd, which is incorrect.
That could happen if Wrap PPs are checked after the PP is reduced, instead of before.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
no log because i forgot about it yesterday

but tl;dr - my fearow soaked a hyper beam on the switch, i used mirror move the following turn and got the kill, but i was forced to recharge

that probably should not have happened

Stumbled upon this in a match... Still bugged unfortunately.

methinks the para stat drop glitch isn't working properly. The other day I was playing Lutra and we both had SD Mew out. He boosted to +6 before paralysing me, while I paralysed him before boosting. As I understand the glitch and as Merritt confirmed for me in sqsa thread, I should've consistently outpaced Lutra's Mew, but instead we speed tied.

no replay, sorry

methinks the para stat drop glitch isn't working properly. The other day I was playing Lutra and we both had SD Mew out. He boosted to +6 before paralysing me, while I paralysed him before boosting. As I understand the glitch and as Merritt confirmed for me in sqsa thread, I should've consistently outpaced Lutra's Mew, but instead we speed tied.

no replay, sorry
Swords Dance boosts Attack and only cancels the Attack drop from burn. You'd need something like Agility to cancel the Speed drop from paralysis.

EDIT: Never mind, was thinking of the completely wrong glitch. Yeah, this looks like a bug.

p2

Banned deucer.
he means as in lutras mew should have been para'd and had the stat drop reapplied for everytime ortheore sd'd, meaning orth should outspeed everytime.

edit: rip

Zubat has Supersonic. Pretty sure it should be getting Confuse Ray instead.

Machoke is at L85 while Machamp is at L90.

It seems rather incongruous how some mons (e.g. Tauros, Jynx, Pinsir) always come with the same well-chosen moveset, while many others are at significant risk of getting STAB-less movesets and/or 2 or 3 damaging normal-type moves. Pretty ridiculous when Primeape is completely walled by Ghosts because it has three Normal moves plus Submission.

Is anything capable of getting Flamethrower? Fire Blast is the only fire move I ever see.

It seems like Mew is the only thing that ever gets OHKO moves, and Wrap-like moves seem to be totally absent. That's kind of a bummer. Especially for Rapidash, who, I might mention, currently tends to get particularly ineffective movesets.

I've noticed it's possible to get Swords Dance with no physical moves. That seems like it might not have been intended to happen.

There are some illegal moves and move combinations. Magikarp can't have Dragon Rage in Roman-alphabet versions of the games, Nidoran♀ cant learn Leer (although it can learn Tail Whip, which is exactly the same), Kakuna can't have Harden with Poison Sting and String Shot, Exeggcute can't learn Mega Drain (really!), Weepinbell can't learn Body Slam, and Mewtwo can't have Amnesia below L81.
Don't know how many of these have been rendered moot over the year since this was originally posted, but I've noticed at least some of these still happening.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)