Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to start a trade thread. Can someone help me with that? Or if I'm in the wrong place, could you kindly redirect me to the more appopriate process?
Like Sondero said, just post a new thread and go for it! :D

Just make sure you familiarize yourself with the rules before posting so that you don't accidentally break something (a lot of newcomers forget to list all IVs, list Pokemon they aren't allowed to, etc.).

Just caught a Kyurem that I'll be using as White Kyurem, and it's timid with ivs:
31/x/30/26-27/31/31

I was wondering if there are any crucial markers that might be missed using the less-than-perfect SpAtk IV. Would this be worth keeping?

zapzap29

The obssessive man of passion
Just caught a Kyurem that I'll be using as White Kyurem, and it's timid with ivs:
31/x/30/26-27/31/31

I was wondering if there are any crucial markers that might be missed using the less-than-perfect SpAtk IV. Would this be worth keeping?
It's fine for personal use but in terms of trade value I'd toss.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
31/x/30/26-27/31/31

Well, I'd say it's a pretty safe toss anyway, because it's missing points in a very crucial stat. But I can give you examples of what it misses out on (the Pokemon in the calcs are set to level 50 and optimized for that level, because that's what level in-game battles take place at).

252 SpA Life Orb Turboblaze Kyurem-W Draco Meteor vs. 100 HP / 100 SpD Primal Groudon
31 Sp.A IV: 50.0% chance to OHKO
26 Sp.A IV: 37.5% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Turboblaze Kyurem-W Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mewtwo
31 Sp.A IV: (84.5 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
26 Sp.A IV: (84.5 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Turboblaze Kyurem-W Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Steel (for when Arceus-Steel swaps in, expecting Ice beam)
31 Sp.A IV: 68.8% chance to OHKO
26 Sp.A IV: 56.3% chance to OHKO

Edit: As zapzap29 said, if it's for personal use, you can run calcs and see for yourself, but if it's for Trading purpose, it's a pretty safe toss.

I'm at the point in Omega Ruby where I'm trying to soft reset for an Adamant Primal Groudon. I would like the following two Pokemon to aid me in doing so:

When aiming for Neutral Speed nature:
Staraptor:
Level: 49
Nature: -
IV: 31 Hp
EV: None
Stats at 49: 157 Hp
Moves: Final Gambit

Smeargle:
Level: 69
Nature: Sassy
IV: 31 | 31 | 31 | xx | 31 | 00
EV: 252 | xx | 252 | xx | xx | 4
Stats at 69: 219 | 53 | 118 | xx | 96 | 98
Moves: Spore | Rock Polish | Taunt | Recover

If you also happen to have an Adamant Natu, that would be great as well. If you can make the trade, PM me and we can arrange a time and send player info.

Question on bankball breeding for Pokemon that have multiple non-hidden abilities - are the offspring able to inherit the other ability? For example, I have a Shuckle in a Lure Ball with Gluttony. After hatching around 20 of them, I wound up with 20 Gluttony and no Sturdy. The same has happened for a couple other Pokemon I have in bank balls. Is that just bad luck on my part, or is there something about the bank ball that prevents the other ability from appearing like I've seen it do with regular shop ball Pokemon?

Question on bankball breeding for Pokemon that have multiple non-hidden abilities - are the offspring able to inherit the other ability? For example, I have a Shuckle in a Lure Ball with Gluttony. After hatching around 20 of them, I wound up with 20 Gluttony and no Sturdy. The same has happened for a couple other Pokemon I have in bank balls. Is that just bad luck on my part, or is there something about the bank ball that prevents the other ability from appearing like I've seen it do with regular shop ball Pokemon?
Bad luck unfortunately. I think you have an 80% chance of passing Gluttony and 20% chance of Sturdy

You could always use an Ability Capsule to change to the regular ability you want. Though they cost 200 BP...

Looking for a female Dream Ball West Sea Shellos, a female Dive Ball Frillish and a female Dream Ball Frillish. It would be great If somebody could help me out ^^

Last edited:

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Looking for a female Dream Ball West Sea Shellos, a female Dive Ball Frillish and a female Dream Ball Frillish. It would be great If somebody could help me out ^^
I can help you out with the Dive Ball Frillish. Stick something up on the GTS asking for a Female Frillish Lv 21-30 with the message LegoFigure11 and VM me with what you deposited :)

EDIT: I'll only be around for another 15 minutes, if you don't see this before then then please PM me

Last edited:

Sondero

The Ability of the offspring is based off the ability of the mother. If the mother has Ability 1, you have an 80% chance of getting offspring with that ability and a 20% chance of getting offspring with Ability 2. It's still really bad luck that you haven't gotten one with Sturdy by now, though.

Do you
The Ability of the offspring is based off the ability of the mother. If the mother has Ability 1, you have an 80% chance of getting offspring with that ability and a 20% chance of getting offspring with Ability 2. It's still really bad luck that you haven't gotten one with Sturdy by now, though.
Do you know if you change the ability of parent with a capsule does that then also change which ability gets the 80% pass rate?

Sondero

Do you know if you change the ability of parent with a capsule does that then also change which ability gets the 80% pass rate?
I'm pretty sure that the ability capsule changes the 80% the mother passes down as well, but I'd just suggest that if you're gonna use an Ability capsule, you use it on the flawless/shiny offspring.

Im not sure if this is the place to ask this but im not really sure where else to ask. Does anyone know why the Wifi Battle Finder was taken away? It made finding Wifi Battles so much easier.

Do you

Yes because the game doesn't care if the ability has been changed, it just sees what it is currently. It'd be a waste of an Ability Capsule to do this, however, as there's still the 20% chance of getting the unwanted ability on an otherwise flawless offspring.
Im not sure if this is the place to ask this but im not really sure where else to ask. Does anyone know why the Wifi Battle Finder was taken away? It made finding Wifi Battles so much easier.
If this is for the previous generation games, it's likely because Nintendo Wi-Fi was shut down a couple years ago.

If this is for the previous generation games, it's likely because Nintendo Wi-Fi was shut down a couple years ago.
I just meant the Wifi Battle Finder that Smogon had set up was awesome for finding good battles in a timely fashion. it seemed like it was just a big chat room but it made things easier to get battles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)