Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah... I know Guzma will pull the End of The World as that's just the formula (only Mr. Sakaki doesn't and he only cares about money), but at least it wasn't done under madman's motives and more believable. I still like Cyrus, Ghetsis, and Lys, but they're... nuts. And Lys would've been better if his mooks doesn't make Team Flare a massive hypocrite.

They have even better potential. Maybe more than Team Flare during XY hype with their first fashion antics.

Honestly I'm really happy that Team Skull is back to gang-crime like Team Rocket, and not trying to merge people with Pokemon or something weird like that.
Plasma wasn't about merging or separating Pokémon at all, it was about the absolute conquest of Unova.

Last edited:

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

We can clearly see that Pyukumuku has 79 HP at level 23, which leads to the following estimates.
Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but I'd be very surprised if that were the case.

It's worth noting that 20/120 = 16.6%, which is roughly the amount of HP that Pyukumuku had. I'd guess that the HP is therefore dealt as a percentage. This does seem a little difficult for Gamefreak to implement especially if it's just 1HP, etc, but there's probably precedent for that.
You make a fair point that we don't know the mechanics for sure, and it is possible that the ability works in percentages. However, personally I doubt this. So I did a few calculations of my own, and I have come to pretty much the same conclusion as Marty. To give a bit more detail:

See, you are assuming either it is 31/0 or 0/0. Now while I don't have any real statistics on this, off the top of my head, I believe that most of the time when I have seen analysis of trailers like this, those two spreads are very common. However, what also seems quite common is 31/252.

We have two different things to look at in this situation, the level 23 Pyukumuku, and the level 50 Pyukumuku. Now, for the level 50 Pyukumuku, while I didn't take the time to measure it myself, I am going to trust Marty that it is about 17%. Assuming the ability is doing damage based on actual HP, if 20 damage is 17% of its max health, that would mean its max health is around 117. Its not necessarily exact, because it is impossible to get an exact percentage from the bar alone, so I am just going to assume 117 for now.

Using our three common spreads, the possible base HP stats would be 57 (for 0/0), 42 (for 31/0) and 10. Now, with those three guesses, I took a look if any of them would work on the level 23 Pyukumuku while using one of the three common spreads.

Base 10 would be impossible for the level 23 Pyukumuku, so that's out.
Base 42 would also be impossible for the level 23 Pyukumuku so that's out too.
But base 57 would have 79 HP at level 23 with an IV of 31 and between 220 and 236 EVs. Possible, but not one of the likely spreads.

Now, as mentioned before though, 117 was not necessarily exact. Technically, 20/.17 is 17.647. I was just using 117 as a guess. So lets try some other guess. How about 115 HP. 20/115 is .173, so we are in the right range still.

Well, with 115 HP, the base would have to be 55 for 0/0 to work. And what about for level 23? Base 55 has exactly 79 HP at 31/252. Works out perfectly.

So, as cool as your higher guesses would be, Base 55 seems most likely to me.

Last edited:
You make a fair point that we don't know the mechanics for sure, and it is possible that the ability works in percentages. However, personally I doubt this. So I did a few calculations of my own, and I have come to pretty much the same conclusion as Marty. To give a bit more detail:

See, you are assuming either it is 31/0 or 0/0. Now while I don't have any real statistics on this, off the top of my head, I believe that most of the time when I have seen analysis of trailers like this, those two spreads are very common. However, what also seems quite common is 31/252.

We have two different things to look at in this situation, the level 23 Pyukumuku, and the level 50 Pyukumuku. Now, for the level 50 Pyukumuku, while I didn't take the time to measure it myself, I am going to trust Marty that it is about 17%. Assuming the ability is doing damage based on actual HP, if 20 damage is 17% of its max health, that would mean its max health is around 117. Its not necessarily exact, because it is impossible to get an exact percentage from the bar alone, so I am just going to assume 117 for now.

Using our three common spreads, the possible base HP stats would be 57 (for 0/0), 42 (for 31/0) and 10. Now, with those three guesses, I took a look if any of them would work on the level 23 Pyukumuku while using one of the three common spreads.

Base 10 would be impossible for the level 23 Pyukumuku, so that's out.
Base 42 would also be impossible for the level 23 Pyukumuku so that's out too.
But base 57 would have 117 HP at level 23 with an IV of 31 and between 220 and 236 EVs. Possible, but not one of the likely spreads.

Now, as mentioned before though, 117 was not necessarily exact. Technically, 20/.17 is 17.647. I was just using 117 as a guess. So lets try some other guess. How about 115 HP. 20/115 is .173, so we are in the right range still.

Well, with 115 HP, the base would have to be 55 for 0/0 to work. And what about for level 23? Base 55 has exactly 79 HP at 31/252. Works out perfectly.

So, as cool as your higher guesses would be, Base 55 seems most likely to me.
Well, I'm actually ok with that. Hopefully it means it will have an evolution, and maybe it will be more offensive than we thought.

Also do people believe there will be pokémon sun and moon "suprises" at worlds and gamescon next week?

Seems a lot of Alolan forms are really obscure call backs to things. Quick! Everyone search the anime and TCG promotional material for possible Alolan Pokemon! :P

Also do people believe there will be pokémon sun and moon "suprises" at worlds and gamescon next week?
They revealed a Mega at the worlds before X/Y and then one for the Worlds before ORAS so I'm willing to go out on a limb and suspect we could get the very first mega revealed there. I really think it's unlikely they would straight up remove mega's, but honestly if we don't get the reveal here I feel they're either gone or saving them all to be a big surprise when the game comes out and people find them. Which I doubt since they would want to market new Mega's.

Why is the Team Skull theme for the Japanese trailer different? I really like both tracks! Battle theme vs hideout theme?

The Japanese trailer had the best Team Skull music. I think it's very likely it's the battle music. Some of the best evil team music I've heard imo and I'm sure I'm not alone on that. I believe Japanese is battle, English is encounter

I really don't like team Skull...far to edgy for my tastes. Same with ghost/fire marowak. Would have rathered seen it be just ground/fire. Raichu's new form..looks..odd. Otherwise, new stuff looks good. The sand castle is funny love me my ghost possessed stuff.

I really don't like team Skull...far to edgy for my tastes. Same with ghost/fire marowak. Would have rathered seen it be just ground/fire. Raichu's new form..looks..odd. Otherwise, new stuff looks good. The sand castle is funny love me my ghost possessed stuff.
They're far from edgy. Edgy is when a character goes all Shadow the Hedgehog on everyone and is waaaaay too violent/dark that it comes off as stupid. These guys do dumbass dance moves and shit. If a robber walked up to me and started rapping and junk, I'd just laugh. They're just a bunch of dorky thugs.

Sea bunny pokemon is adorable. Might use it if it gets a cool evolution.
Lets stop calling it a sea bunny. It's not a slug, its a sea cucumber. Sea cucumbers spit their intestines out when threatened. This Pokemon does too. Sea Bunnies do not. Sea Bunnies don't have spikes all over them either. Many kinds of sea cucumbers do.

My default stance on leaks is "Total bullshit until proven otherwise". The trailer drops today and...consider it proven otherwise. And Raichu has gotten some love at long last.
There's a point where a leak being real is just common sense. You can't fake all of those video clips and screenshots. Don't be so afraid of being wrong that you'll deny an obviously real leak. Like the Chinese leak that's been spot on and leaked a character design before it was released to the public.

Last edited:
I feel tempted to post the mega jirachi evolving video.

Some stuff can be faked really well and can fool many. So "the bullshit unless proven otherwise" attitude does hold ground, afterall it's the internet, someone out there will go out of their way with their fanart.

They're far from edgy. Edgy is when a character goes all Shadow the Hedgehog on everyone and is waaaaay too violent/dark that it comes off as stupid. These guys do dumbass dance moves and shit. If a robber walked up to me and started rapping and junk, I'd just laugh. They're just a bunch of dorky thugs.

Lets stop calling it a sea bunny. It's not a slug, its a sea cucumber. Sea cucumbers spit their intestines out when threatened. This Pokemon does too. Sea Bunnies do not. Sea Bunnies don't have spikes all over them either. Many kinds of sea cucumbers do.

There's a point where a leak being real is just common sense. You can't fake all of those video clips and screenshots. Don't be so afraid of being wrong that you'll deny an obviously real leak. Like the Chinese leak that's been spot on and leaked a character design before it was released to the public.
Edgy-the act of being edgy is basically teenage kids that think they're cool.

No, I think they fit edgy. That being said, Skulls are shame, Team Skull is a something a seven year old child would come up with for a name of an evil group. Hopefully, they turn out better then Plasma did in B/W (B/W2 Plasma was okay) but the name and outfits are doing them no favor not to mentioning the dancing is lame....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)