Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got this email from gamester. Mega Sharpedo shown in the poster you get with Sun and Moon purchased at Gamestop.

Mega Evolution confirmed?

Edit:
...or... n/m. I'm a little slow. Lol

Attachments

Last edited:
Good to see it took us less than 13 posts to get back to talk about possible bannings after NoCheese's comment on the same page to stop doing that.

Considering that the RBY Pokemon will be transferred from an older generation, I think it's most likely none of them will be permitted and an Alolan native only rule a la the 2014-2016 rules will be in place.

Has anyone bothered to compile a list of all pokemon that WONT be getting alolan form? I mean those that have been shown in their regular form like Eevee, Pikachu, Spearow, Torkoal, starmie, corsola, etc.

Obv it's not definite that these wont be getting alolan form but just want to know a rough elimination.

Has anyone bothered to compile a list of all pokemon that WONT be getting alolan form? I mean those that have been shown in their regular form like Eevee, Pikachu, Spearow, Torkoal, starmie, corsola, etc.

Obv it's not definite that these wont be getting alolan form but just want to know a rough elimination.
Since there are way more Pokémon without an Alola form than those that have it, I guess it's safe just to wait for it.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Continued From my last post.

NEW FEATURES: Let's watch the video and while making comments I'll also stop and discuss my thoughts on the newly revealed mechanics.
0:17: What move did Passimian just use? Could that have been Barrage? If so that means its no longer Exeggutor exclusive (as if it was even useful to it, heck, if they kept it the same it won't be anymore useful to Passimian either).
1:25: Smooth animation there, at least have Lycanroc do its physical attacking animation so it's not you just sliding.
1:51:
As we've sen in previous trailers, Customization has come back which marks it down in my book as a permanent feature (unless they're remaking a game that doesn't have it, unless they changed their mind about that which I hope they do). What you got in XY is still here, but it looks like they added more things:
  • More Clothing & Hair Styles: In XY the style of clothing and hair was rather limited, especially if you were a boy. However from the ensembles they've shown us they added more or at least more different styles (I'll get to what I mean in a moment). Though it does look like the girl still has clothes but considering in XY they had their own categories which they probably still do in SM then that's to be expected (as long as the boys have plenty of styles to choose from it's all good).
  • Dying Clothes: A feature mentioned on the site but not really showed in the video is that you can now dye clothes to the color you want! This is a HUGE change and a well welcomed one. If you recall in XY you'll have multiples of the same style of clothing but in different colors and you had to hope/settle with what they provided. Well not anymore! And hopefully if the clothes has different aspects to it (like a pattern or a logo) it'll let you choose multiple colors. Though what makes me wonder how this is going to works purchasing wise. Like can you buy multiple versions of a same style or, now that you can just go to a boutique and dye them, once you own a stye of clothing that's all you get. Would there be a way to save a certain color palette I liked?
  • More Color Options: Show in the trailer is that they've added on what colors we could dye our hair and get lenses in (and I'm going to assume this will also go for dying clothes). While a lot of them are basic colors we have ones such as "burgundy" and "violet" so we can start REALLY looking like an anime character. It looks to be a pre-set list so I question how much choice we really do have but as long as they provide the 11 basic colors (red, blue, yellow, green, orange, violet/purple, pink, brown, white, black, & gray) and lighter, darker, & blended variations of them it would be alright. However I hope in the future in addition to default choices we can maybe also get to choose from a color wheel with a hue bar.
  • Fashion Coins: In the trailer we saw something called "Fashion Coins". They really didn't go into it there or on the site which leaves a lot of questions. Like is Fashion Coins going to replace us needing to dip into our wallet to buy clothes (if so that's a bit of a relief as in XY, until you got the Amulet Coin in Parfum Palace and to the Battle Chateau on Route 7, you really didn't have enough money to buy both supplies and new clothing (and even you had to money grind))? Or, as their name implies, are they something additionally earned from dressing fashionably (if that's the case, what are the Fashion Coins used for if not to buy clothes (unless they're another way to buy clothes instead of with money)? And finally how does one get Fashion Coins?
  • New Categories(?): Looks like we're getting glasses and lipstick categories. There are still a lot of categories which can be added such as neckwear, handwear (including watches), and stuff like markings (tattoos, beauty marks, scars, etc.) and jewellery (earrings, rings, necklaces, pendants, arm bands, etc.).
Overall it's nice they went into a bit about customization but at the same time I wished they went deeper into it. All they really did was confirm it existed and that you can dye clothes, we had to take what we were shown apart to get the other points I made. And then there's stuff about Fashion Coins and how do dyes work (do we need to buy them or is it an option a a boutique, and do all have the same colors or do boutiques carry their own special colors?). For some stuff I want GF to be vague, but for stuff like this I do feel they can go into a bit more detail without fear of spoiling us.

1:53: The girl has lesser Fashion Coins than the boy? Either they're saying the boy is more fashionable (HAHAHA) or they're saying the girl spends too much (stereotyping the "girls like to shop" cliche). And yes the two options I gave means GF can't escape any criticism. :P
2:09: Toucan! Either we're getting a toucan Pokemon or someone in the graphic department messed up.
2:13:
Pokemon-Amie was a nice foot into the water of bonding with your Pokemon but now its time to dive in with Pokemon Refresh. Like with Pokemon-Amie you can pet and feed your Pokemon which makes me assume the initial system hasn't changed much. But that doesn't mean they can't add to it and boy did they with something that might have made purchasing curatives useless:
  • Grooming: You can now groom your Pokemon. An obvious next step to petting them, after a battle your Pokemon will appear soaked or dirty and you got to clean them off. There's a comb shaped like a Tyranitar, a blanket (which I'm not sure the use of, you'd think it would be for drying wet Pokemon but we have something else for that. In an image it shows the blanket being used on a dirty Alolan Vulpix), a brush, and a hairdryer shaped like a Porygon-2 (this is the one used to dry Pokemon). Oh, but there's one more tool at your disposable: a make-up brush that can cure a Pokemon of Poison and Paralysis (and I'm also going to guess Burn and Freezing as well)!
    Now I think you could already wake up a sleeping Pokemon with Pokemon-Amie by tapping on it, but that made sense. But how are you curing Poison and Paralysis just by cleaning them? I always assumed the poison was in them and the paralysis had to due with their muscles, it's not a thing on the surface (burns would also be a few layers of skin deep; though thinking about it curing frozen would just mean leaving the Pokemon out in the sun or having one of your Pokemon use a Fire-type move to melt it out). Sure the curatives are sort of working on the "it's magic/science is magic" trope but that at least (lazily) explains how they cured the ailments. Speaking of which, now unless you want to heal during the battle there's no need for curatives anymore. Heck, there's no need for the individual curatives anymore, just buy Full Heals if you're that worried. Oh, and yes, the benefits of your Pokemon holding into 1 HP or avoiding an opponent's attack with high affection is mentioned to still be a thing (which I will also guess means possibly shaking off a status ailment so there goes the Full Heals too!).
  • Poke Beans: The replacement for the Poke Puffs are the Poke Beans... which is odd since you'd think they'd gone with malasadas considering that was hinted at with your rival's bio. And malasadas aren't beans, they're essentially doughnuts so that couldn't be what they were going for. Anyway, you're probably wondering how the beans different then the puffs? Well if there is any different I don't know. They look like they'll work just like the puffs did, right down to having different colors.
Glad they're keeping and going even deeper with Pokemon-Amie with Pokemon Refresh. Though I did wish they picked a better name, Pokemon Refresh seems just too simple. I really liked my "Pok'ohana" name, oh well. Also I'm not liking they making it even more powerful. Like it was alright making a Pokemon able to hold on with 1 HP or more likely to do Critical Hits, but now you're able to cure it of status ailments outside of battle? I hope there's some catch like you still need to use up one curative item (like you filled up the brush with the potion so you can both cure it and get some affection points out of it, would also bring back use to the individual curatives). Otherwise they may need to find a new use for the curatives as they're becoming a bit obsolete.

2:30:
You selfish carpet clinging rat, you couldn't just let Alolan Raichu be the one with the Signature Z-Move. NO, of course you, Pikachu, had to get one too! Well at least Eevee is also getting one, that's something different.

Mega Evolutions is something only fully evolved Pokemon could do. Z-Moves however do not have that limitations and this means even basic or middle stage Pokemon can have their own Signature Z-Move (if they're notable enough, and from Gen I). This is how we got a Z-Move for Pikachu and Eevee:
  • Catastropika: Oh so many jokes. First starting with trainer and Pikachu doing a lengthy dance which may look familiar to some (huh, that's weird, I can't find the video of the guy doing the Pikachu dance; for some reason they too it down), you do what many people joke what a basic stage Pokemon would be good for: throwing at the opponent. Or rather throwing it the air and having it so a Homing Spin Dash ala Sonic. It's Z-Crystal's symbol is two lightning bolts forming a shape of Pikachu's tail and it's just an attack, nothing really else to say. Well, we could discuss whether having a one time super move beats our having Pikachu holding its Light Ball, but that's pretty much like any other discussion with Z-Crystals with why not let your Pokemon hold a Life Orb or Choice item instead? Unless Catastropika can also damage Ground-types (and ignore other resistances for at least neutral damage) I don't see why Pikachu wouldn't go for another Z-Move type like Water or Grass (Pikachu can learn Rain Dance and Grass Knot via TM), or just another item to power-up a neutral damaging move.
  • Extreme Evoboost: Let the Eeveelution's powers combine!
    Flareon: Fire!
    Sylveon: Fairy!
    Glaceon: Ice!
    Umbreon: Dark!
    Leafeon: Grass!
    Jolteon: Electric!
    Espeon: Psychic!
    Vaporeon: Water!
    Eeveeltions: GO EEVEELUTION!
    Eevee: When your powers combine, I become CAPTAIN EEVEELUTION!
    ~Captain Eeveelution, she's our hero, gonna take the opponent's team down to zero!~

Jokes aside, Eevee's Signature Z-Move is rather significant as its the first Status Z-Move. And boy, is it a scary one. Now other Z-Moves we've seen just did a huge amount of damage, whatever. Infact so much so people ask is it worth it. But with Eevee's, you'd WANT it to be holding its Z-Crystal. After getting empowered by all the Eeveelutions Eevee's Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed raise by +2 stages. Oh my Arceus, that's already pretty intimidating... and then you remember Eevee gets Baton Pass. I can already see strategies being thought up on how to protect Eevee long enough to get those stats passed on or how much of a terror it'll be in Little Cup (if not banned). But back on point, this is by far the most interesting Z-Move as it's effect lasts after its initial use. That's been a problem with Z-Moves so far, they've been just one super attack for that one moment in exchange for an item which would have lasting effect throughout the battle. That argument is null and void when it comes to Extreme Evoboost, and makes me curious what other Status Z-Moves are there and what they can do.
    Going back to the activation, the trainer oddly did the same thing they did when they activated Snorlax's Z-Move. Odd they didn't make two different ones (unless only the Pikachu family get special dances, or their type dependent). Also Eevee's Z-Crystal symbol is its tail.
Hmm, let's think of some other notable Gen I basic/middle stage Pokemon that could get a Signature Z-Move. Ooh, how about Magikarp? Super Splash! Let's see, Meowth could do something with Pay Day, Jigglypuff could get its Final Smash "Puff Up" from Super Smash Bros., Poliwag could get one being Satoshi Tajiri's favorite Pokemon. That's all I can think without giving them all Signature Z-Moves.

2:51: Poor (Alolan) Meowth, don't think we didn't see that, whoever made the English trailer. :P

That's it for the trailer, but we still have more news!

Pokemon Bank & Poke Transporter:
The update for the Pokemon Bank has been confirmed to be on January 2017. It'll let you deposit Pokemon from your Gen VI games and transfer them to Sun & Moon. That easy, don't even need to use Poke Transporter. But being this is a transfer doing this would mean those Pokemon can't be sent back to the Gen VI games even if they don't have anything not from Gen VI. Why? I don't know, but that's just how transferring has been. At least for now they're continuing Gen VI support with Pokemon Bank... but who knows how long that'll last. I'm telling you, a cutoff is coming so if you have ANY Pokemon from Gen III and beyond you want to be sent up you better do it now because come next generation the likelihood of them cutting Gen VI support is more likely.

But just cause Poke Transporter won't be needed for the Gen VI transfer doesn't mean it won't be used! It too is getting an update for the Virtual Console's Gen I re-releases! Now unlike with the Gen VI games any Pokemon sent to Pokemon Bank can't be brought back, once in Poke Bank they're considered transferred and can only go to Sun & Moon (no detour to the Gen VI games). That's all they've said about it though there are still the lingering questions about how they're going to do certain things with the transferred Pokemon's data. I doubt they'll tell us so we'll jut have to see how things play out.

Also Pokemon Bank is getting a Pokedex feature. Nothing that major, it just reads the save data of Sun & Moon and the Gen VI games (as well as the Pokemon you have store in the Bank) and show you the Pokemon you have caught and assumably deposit/withdraw those Pokemon from there instead of needing to go look for it.

Now it doesn't mention anything about a free trial month but I do hope they do one. Before Gen VI tranfering Pokemon was "free" as long as you had what you needed to do so. The free month trial I saw was a compromise to this, for those who don't want the Pokemon Bank but still transfer their Pokemon up they have a month to do so. However the free month trial was also treated as a promotional thing for when Pokemon Bank was released making me worried there won't do another. Come on GF, you've been good on this so far, don't mess up now.

Pokemon On NX:
Tsunekazu Ishihara, CEO of the Pokemon Company, did an interview with the Wall Street Journal (here's the Kotaku post about it if you don't want to subscribe) confirming they'll be making Pokemon games for it. Nothing major and we still know little about the NX, but at least we know Pokemon will be on it now. But still it be spinoffs or will main games make the jump as its a hybrid handheld-console?

More News On October 4:
And I have a morning job than and will be quite busy that week. *Sigh* Expect me to be posting tidbits of my thoughts, when/if I have the time.

I've been trying to keep a list by watching all the trailers released. I started to assume that only Kanto Pokemon would get Alolan forms so I stopped keeping track of the later generations but here is what I have so far. Please correct me if I'm missing anything with a link to the appropriate video. Where is the video with Starmie?

Pokemon that have already appeared
#006 Charizard - Trailer: Overworld
#010 Caterpie - Trailer: Battle
#012 Butterfree - Trailer: Battle
#021 Spearow - Trailer: Battle
#022 Fearow - Trailer: Battle
#025 Pikachu - Trailer: Overworld / Battle
#039 Jigglypuff - Trailer: Battle
#040 Wigglytuff - Trailer: Battle
#041 Zubat - Trailer: Battle
#042 Golbat - Trailer: Battle
#047 Parasect - Trailer: Battle
#054 Psyduck - Trailer: Battle
#057 Primeape - Trailer: Battle
#059 Arcanine - Trailer: Battle
#061 Poliwhirl - Trailer: Overworld
#065 Alakazam - Trailer: Battle
#068 Machamp - Trailer: Overworld
#079 Slowpoke - Trailer: Overworld / Battle
#080 Slowbro - Trailer: Battle
#090 Shellder - Trailer: Battle
#091 Cloyster - Trailer: Battle
#092 Gastly - Trailer: Battle
#093 Haunter - Trailer: Battle
#094 Gengar - Trailer: Battle
#096 Drowzee - Trailer: Battle
#097 Hypno - Trailer: Overworld
#102 Exeggcute - Trailer: Battle
#104 Cubone - Trailer: Battle
#113 Chansey - Trailer: Battle
#115 Kangaskhan - Trailer: Battle
#116 Horsea - Trailer: Statue
#123 Scyther - Trailer: Battle
#125 Electabuzz - Trailer: Battle
#126 Magmar - Trailer: Battle
#127 Pinsir - Trailer: Battle
#128 Tauros - Trailer: Overworld / Battle
#130 Gyarados - Trailer: Battle
#131 Lapras - Trailer: Overworld
#132 Ditto - Trailer: Battle
#133 Eevee - Trailer: Overworld / Battle
#142 Aerodactyl - Trailer: Battle
#143 Snorlax - Trailer: Battle
#149 Dragonite - Trailer: Battle / Overword

Others in Battle
Drifloon
Misdreavus
Pelipper / Wingull
Torkoal
Delibird
Corsola
Sudowoodo
Tirtugo
Bastiodon
Happiny / Blissey
Granbull
Riolu
Magnezone
Hariyama
Trubbish
Leafeon
Luvdisc
Ariados
Sudowoodo
Politoed
Murkrow
Delibird
Skarmory
Masquerain
Nosepass
Flygon
Milotic
Salamence
Metagross
Garchomp
Lucario
Lillipup
Gigalith
Krookodile
Archeops
Emolga
Rufflet
Pancham / Pangoro
Sylveon
Goodra
Trevenant

Outside of Battle
Miltank
Sharpedo
Stoutland
Torkoal

Last edited:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I've been trying to keep a list by watching all the trailers released. I started to assume that only Kanto Pokemon would get Alolan forms so I stopped keeping track of the later generations but here is what I have so far. Please correct me if I'm missing anything with a link to the appropriate video. Where is the video with Starmie?
Starmie is confirmed in the Team Aether Japanese video I believe, its sat on a rock with Stayu. Good list though, thanks for keeping it. I think the reverse would be easier mind you! But this is actually a lot longer than I expected it to be. Have we really seen 80+ Pokemon in videos?! That is massive.

Ah Found it:
1:20. It's sat on a rock with Corsola not Staryu. Both are out of battle as well :)

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for the list. Starmie is in this trailer, around 1:18 to 1:22.

Assuming that
  • Alolan form will evolve into Alolan form (Alolan Meowth will evolve into Alolan Persian, for example)
  • Regular form cannot have Alolan pre-evolution form (Dragonite doesn't have Alolan form so Dratini and Dragonair won't have Alolan form too, for example)
  • Pokemon that have been seen in their regular form in Alola won't have Alola form
then list of gen I Pokemon that can have Alolan form at this point is below (not including the obvious Persian)

Italics means the chinese riddler hints that the Pokemon will have Alolan form too. Strikethrough means really really unlikely.

#001 Bulbasaur
#002 Ivysaur
#003 Venusaur

#007 Squirtle
#008 Wartortle
#009 Blastoise
#013 Weedle
#014 Kakuna
#015 Beedrill
#016 Pidgey
#017 Pidgeotto
#018 Pidgeot
#023 Ekans
#024 Arbok
#029 Nidoran (F)
#030 Nidorina
#031 Nidoqueen
#032 Nidoran (M)
#033 Nidorino
#034 Nidoking
#035 Clefairy
#036 Clefable
#043 Oddish
#044 Gloom
#045 Vileplume
#048 Venonat
#049 Venomoth
#050 Diglett
#051 Dugtrio
#055 Golduck
#069 Bellsprout
#070 Weepinbell
#071 Victreebel
#072 Tentacool
#073 Tentacruel
#074 Geodude
#075 Graveler
#076 Golem
#077 Ponyta
#078 Rapidash
#083 Farfetch’d
#084 Doduo
#085 Dodrio
#086 Seel
#087 Dewgong
#088 Grimer
#089 Muk
#095 Onix
#098 Krabby
#099 Kingler
#100 Voltorb
#101 Electrode

#106 Hitmonlee
#107 Hitmonchan
#108 Lickitung
#109 Koffing
#110 Weezing
#111 Rhyhorn
#112 Rhydon
#114 Tangela
#117 Seadra
#118 Goldeen
#119 Seaking
#122 Mr. Mime
#124 Jynx
#137 Porygon
#138 Omanyte
#139 Omastar
#140 Kabuto
#141 Kabutops
#144 Articuno
#145 Zapdos
#146 Moltres
#150 Mewtwo
#151 Mew

Last edited:
Starmie is confirmed in the Team Aether Japanese video I believe, its sat on a rock with Stayu. Good list though, thanks for keeping it. I think the reverse would be easier mind you! But this is actually a lot longer than I expected it to be. Have we really seen 80+ Pokemon in videos?! That is massive.

Ah Found it:
1:20. It's sat on a rock with Corsola not Staryu. Both are out of battle as well :)
Wow, thanks for the list. Starmie is in this trailer, around 1:18 to 1:22.

Assuming that
  • Alolan form will evolve into Alolan form (Alolan Meowth will evolve into Alolan Persian, for example)
  • Regular form cannot have Alolan pre-evolution form (Dragonite doesn't have Alolan form so Dratini and Dragonair won't have Alolan form too, for example)
  • Pokemon that have been seen in their regular form in Alola won't have Alola form
then list of gen I Pokemon that can have Alolan form at this point is below (not including the obvious Persian)

Italics means the chinese riddler hints that the Pokemon will have Alolan form too. Strikethrough means really really unlikely.

#001 Bulbasaur
#002 Ivysaur
#003 Venusaur

#007 Squirtle
#008 Wartortle
#009 Blastoise
#013 Weedle
#014 Kakuna
#015 Beedrill
#016 Pidgey
#017 Pidgeotto
#018 Pidgeot
#023 Ekans
#024 Arbok
#029 Nidoran (F)
#030 Nidorina
#031 Nidoqueen
#032 Nidoran (M)
#033 Nidorino
#034 Nidoking
#035 Clefairy
#036 Clefable
#043 Oddish
#044 Gloom
#045 Vileplume
#048 Venonat
#049 Venomoth
#050 Diglett
#051 Dugtrio
#055 Golduck
#069 Bellsprout
#070 Weepinbell
#071 Victreebel
#072 Tentacool
#073 Tentacruel
#074 Geodude
#075 Graveler
#076 Golem
#077 Ponyta
#078 Rapidash
#083 Farfetch’d
#084 Doduo
#085 Dodrio
#086 Seel
#087 Dewgong
#088 Grimer
#089 Muk
#095 Onix
#098 Krabby
#099 Kingler
#100 Voltorb
#101 Electrode

#106 Hitmonlee
#107 Hitmonchan
#108 Lickitung
#109 Koffing
#110 Weezing
#111 Rhyhorn
#112 Rhydon
#114 Tangela
#117 Seadra
#118 Goldeen
#119 Seaking
#122 Mr. Mime
#124 Jynx
#137 Porygon
#138 Omanyte
#139 Omastar
#140 Kabuto
#141 Kabutops
#144 Articuno
#145 Zapdos
#146 Moltres
#150 Mewtwo
#151 Mew
Thanks so much to both of you for the quick reply. I have probably made other mistakes (I forgot about Blissey and Wingull, for example) but it should be mostly correct. Thematically, I think we can remove more Pokemon from that list. It doesn't make sense for Legendary Pokemon or Fossil Pokemon to have Alolan forms since there is only "one" Legendary Pokemon so they usually aren't thought to be breeding and evolving and for Fossil Pokemon they can't be caught in the wild. I don't think it makes sense for Pokemon that got later evolutions in other regions to have Alolan forms because it seems a bit inconsistent.

Thanks so much to both of you for the quick reply. I have probably made other mistakes (I forgot about Blissey and Wingull, for example) but it should be mostly correct. Thematically, I think we can remove more Pokemon from that list. It doesn't make sense for Legendary Pokemon or Fossil Pokemon to have Alolan forms since there is only "one" Legendary Pokemon so they usually aren't thought to be breeding and evolving and for Fossil Pokemon they can't be caught in the wild. I don't think it makes sense for Pokemon that got later evolutions in other regions to have Alolan forms because it seems a bit inconsistent.
Not to burst your bubble, but someone on the Bulbapedia Sun / Moon leaks thread has already compiled an image of all revealed Pokemon so far (You and 13_luckynumber still did an awesome job though!). Their thread can be found here (http://forums.bulbagarden.net/index.php?threads/rumours-fakes-leaks-discussion-thread.214874/) and the image with all revealed Pokemon can be found here (spoilers: contains the leaked starters): http://tinyurl.com/jgo9ddd (copy+paste the link in your browser; clicking on it doesn't work for me)

Just to explain how the Pokemon in the image are organized:
  • The first 7 rows of boxes show everything that we know about the Alolan Pokemon and Ultrabeasts. Question marks are placeholders for evolutionary stages (or island guardians) that we know need to exist, but have not been revealed.
  • The random images in some of these boxes are images from the Chinese Riddler, who has been leaking Pokemon to us in the form of picture riddles (e.g. he posted a picture of Litleo and Zubat side-by-side before Solgaleo and Lunala were revealed, and he also posted a picture of a shovel + sandcastle before Palossand was revealed, and more).
  • The Pokemon at the bottom of the image have been seen in the game in their original forms (note that the ordering is by evolutionary family, so Happiny, Chansey, and Blissey are listed after Cubone). The ones faded out have been seen indirectly as e.g. objects (like the Horsea fountain).

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Hmm, if we're keeping Alolan Pokemon to Gen I Pokemon then I think the following Pokemon will be disqualified:

Bulbasaur family (has Mega Evo)
Charmander family (has Mega Evo)
Squirtle family (has Mega Evo)
Weedle family (has Mega Evo)
Pidgey family (has Mega Evo)
Zubat family (has other gen Evo)
Oddish & Gloom (since Bellossom would need one, BUT Vileplume can get an Alolan Form)
Poliwag & Poliwhirl (since Politoed would need one, BUT Poliwrath can get an Alolan Form)
Abra family (has Mega Evo)
Slowpoke (since Slowking would need one, BUT Slowbro can get an Alolan Form)
Magnemite family (has other gen Evo)
Ghastly family (has Mega Evo)
Onix (has other gen Evo & Mega Evo)
Lickitung (has other gen Evo)
Rhyhorn family (has other gen Evo)
Chansey (has other gen Evo)
Tangela (has other gen Evo)
Kangaskhan (has Mega Evo)
Horsea family (has other gen Evo)
Scyther (has other gen Evo & Mega Evo)
Electabuzz (has other gen Evo)
Magmar (has other gen Evo)
Pinsir (has Mega Evo)
Magikarp family (has Mega Evo)
Eevee (since Umbreon, Espeon, Leafeon, Glaceon, & Sylveon would need one, BUT Vaporeon, Jolteon, & Flareon can get an Alolan Form)
Porygon (has other gen Evo)
Aerodactyl (has Mega Evo)
Mewtwo (has Mega Evo)

So the following Pokemon are allowed to get an Alolan Form. I crossed out the ones we've seen the normal forms of:

Caterpie family
Rattata family (CONFIRMED)
Spearow family
Ekans family
Pikachu family
(Raichu CONFIRMED; sans Pichu)
Sandshrew family (CONFIRMED)
Nidoran (female) family
Nidoran (Male) family
Clefairy family
(san Cleffa)
Vulpix family (CONFIRMED)
Jigglypuff family (sans Igglybuff)
Vileplume
Paras family
Venonat family
Diglett family
Meowth family (CONFIRMED)
Psyduck family
Mankey family
Growlithe family
Poliwrath
Machop family

Bellsprout family
Tentacool family
Geodude family
Ponyta family

Slowbro
Farfetch'd
Doduo family
Seel family
Grimer family

Shellder family
Drowzee family

Krabby family
Voltorb family
Exeggcute family
(Exeggutor CONFIRMED)
Cubone family (Marowak CONFIRMED)
Hitmonlee
Hitmonchan
Koffing family
Goldeen family

Staryu family
Mr. Mime
Jynx

Tauros
Lapras
Ditto
Vaporeon
Jolteon
Flareon

Omanyte family
Kabuto family

Snorlax
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres

Dratini family
Mew

Last edited:
I don't think they'll cut Bank functionality for gen 6 -- there's no real reason to so it if people keep paying for it (you literally just have to add a "current generation" variable for each Pokemon), and doing so would permanently discontinue transferring Pokemon from gen 5 and earlier.

At the above post: Mewtwo has mega evolutions

I suppose if the actual fossils are found in Alola, the revived Pokemon can have Alolan form so i wouldn't rule out the possibility of the fossil quartet having Alolan forms.

Legendaries are kind of not really one of a kind anymore. For example, in Pokemon Emerald, you can catch the Golem trio but Brandon has them as well. Or in Pokemon Platinum, Palmer has Cresselia and you can catch Cresslia too. I crossed out Mewtwo and Mew because, well, they are Mewtwo and Mew.

I agree that Pokemon with cross-gen evolution relative most likely won't get Alolan form but then the Chinese riddler hints that Seadra and Porygon are both getting Alolan forms so there's that.

Pikachu315111 i don't think having mega evos is a good enough reason to disqualify a Pokemon from having Alolan form though I can see where you're coming from. It's probably more unlikely for them but they still stand a chance.

Last edited:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Pikachu315111 We can cut that second list down a lot more too.

Caterpie family - Caterpie and Butterfree shown
Rattata family (CONFIRMED)
Spearow family - Fearow Shown
Ekans family
Pikachu family (Raichu CONFIRMED; sans Pichu)
Sandshrew family (CONFIRMED)
Nidoran (female) family
Nidoran (Male) family
Clefairy family (san Cleffa)
Vulpix family (CONFIRMED)
Jigglypuff family (sans Igglybuff) - Jigglypuff and Wiggltuff shown
Vileplume
Paras family - Parasect shown
Venonat family
Diglett family
Meowth family (CONFIRMED)
Psyduck family - Psyduck shown, Golduck potentially
Mankey family - Primeape shown
Growlithe family - Arcanine shown
Poliwrath
Machop family - Machamp shown
Bellsprout family
Tentacool family
Geodude family
Ponyta family
Slowbro - Slowbro shown
Farfetch'd
Doduo family
Seel family
Grimer family
Shellder family - Cloyster shown
Drowzee family - Hypno shown
Krabby family
Voltorb family
Exeggcute family (Exeggutor CONFIRMED)
Cubone family (Marowak CONFIRMED)
Hitmonlee
Hitmonchan
Koffing family
Goldeen family
Staryu family - Starmie shown
Mr. Mime
Jynx
Tauros - Shown but strange colour
Lapras - Shown
Ditto
Vaporeon - Shown
Jolteon - Shown
Flareon - Shown
Omanyte family
Kabuto family
Snorlax - Both Munchlax and Snorlax have been shown
Dratini family - Dragonite as been shown

Which leaves this list (below) as I am making a HUGE assumption that anything we have seen that is fully evolved also "blocks" an Alolan forme:

Ekans family
Nidoran (female) family
Nidoran (Male) family
Vileplume
Venonat family
Diglett family
Poliwrath
Bellsprout family
Tentacool family
Geodude family
Ponyta family
Farfetch'd
Doduo family
Seel family
Grimer family
Krabby family
Voltorb family
Hitmonlee
Hitmonchan
Koffing family
Goldeen family
Mr. Mime
Jynx
Ditto
Omanyte family
Kabuto family

Which leaves 28 families left (25 if you remove the fossils [unlikely] and Tauros, who is a strange colour in all the artwork we've seen). I'd hazard a guess that anything related to what we've seen is unlikely too (Poliwrath/Vileplume). I'd also say Ditto is incredibly unlikely as well. Which takes us down to 22.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
DHR-107 :
Ditto was seen, it was in the Japanese trailer for the Snorlax Z-Move (it was the victim of the pancaking).

And I adjusted my list as I guess while you were posting yours. Originally I wasn't but I thought I could just strike them out.

I'd also leave the Legendary Birds and Mew as, well, we don't know. Unlikely for the birds, but Mew I say may have a chance (if any Pokemon is deserving of Protean I would say its Mew).

Not to burst your bubble, but someone on the Bulbapedia Sun / Moon leaks thread has already compiled an image of all revealed Pokemon so far (You and 13_luckynumber still did an awesome job though!). Their thread can be found here (http://forums.bulbagarden.net/index.php?threads/rumours-fakes-leaks-discussion-thread.214874/) and the image with all revealed Pokemon can be found here (spoilers: contains the leaked starters): http://tinyurl.com/jgo9ddd (copy+paste the link in your browser; clicking on it doesn't work for me)

Just to explain how the Pokemon in the image are organized:
  • The first 7 rows of boxes show everything that we know about the Alolan Pokemon and Ultrabeasts. Question marks are placeholders for evolutionary stages (or island guardians) that we know need to exist, but have not been revealed.
  • The random images in some of these boxes are images from the Chinese Riddler, who has been leaking Pokemon to us in the form of picture riddles (e.g. he posted a picture of Litleo and Zubat side-by-side before Solgaleo and Lunala were revealed, and he also posted a picture of a shovel + sandcastle before Palossand was revealed, and more).
  • The Pokemon at the bottom of the image have been seen in the game in their original forms (note that the ordering is by evolutionary family, so Happiny, Chansey, and Blissey are listed after Cubone). The ones faded out have been seen indirectly as e.g. objects (like the Horsea fountain).
Thanks so much for this. It seems I need to go back and rewatch some trailers. I'm not sure where I missed Diglett or Dugtrio, and also I guess I missed the indirect ones Onix, Krabby / Kingler, Porygon and Voltorb / Electrode as well as the starters. This is really narrowing down the possibilities. I have a really good feeling about getting Alolan Arbok and Rapidash!

Which leaves this list (below) as I am making a HUGE assumption that anything we have seen that is fully evolved also "blocks" an Alolan forme:

Ekans family
Nidoran (female) family
Nidoran (Male) family
Vileplume
Venonat family
Diglett family
Poliwrath
Bellsprout family
Tentacool family
Geodude family
Ponyta family
Farfetch'd
Doduo family
Seel family
Grimer family
Krabby family
Voltorb family
Hitmonlee
Hitmonchan
Koffing family
Goldeen family
Mr. Mime
Jynx
Ditto
Omanyte family
Kabuto family

Which leaves 28 families left (25 if you remove the fossils [unlikely] and Tauros, who is a strange colour in all the artwork we've seen). I'd hazard a guess that anything related to what we've seen is unlikely too (Poliwrath/Vileplume). I'd also say Ditto is incredibly unlikely as well. Which takes us down to 22.
(And at Zangeese) We can cross off the Voltorb family because Electrode can be seen on Sophocles's keychain (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Sun_Moon_Sophocles.png). I believe Krabby is the right-most Pokemon on the hotel concept art we got way back, but then again, concept art doesn't mean confirmed. Diglett / Dugtrio is faded out on the image, but I'm not sure where that was shown either.

(And at Zangeese) We can cross off the Voltorb family because Electrode can be seen on Sophocles's keychain (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Sun_Moon_Sophocles.png). I believe Krabby is the right-most Pokemon on the hotel concept art we got way back, but then again, concept art doesn't mean confirmed. Diglett / Dugtrio is faded out on the image, but I'm not sure where that was shown either.
Hmm, I dont think that keychain hurts Electrode's and Voltorb's chance of getting Alolan form. No reason Alolan shops dont sell those

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It's almost clear at this point they're only catering to the Gen I Pokemon in Sun & Moon. Maybe when it comes to the other game's 20th anniversary they'll also start doing special things for them so expect Gen II in 2019, Gen III in 2022, Gen IV in 2026, Gen V in 2030, Gen VI in 2033, and finally Gen VII in 2036... you know GF it might be easier to have just celebrated all generations now.
I don't wanna wait two years longer than it'll take One Piece to finish publishing just for my favorite generation (DPPt) to get some love beyond remakes ;;;

In all seriousness though with a system like that gens 4 and 7 will get the short end of the stick because they will get attention on the series' 30th and 40th anniversaries, respectively.

Edit: if we get past trainer outfits the ones I'm genuinely looking forward to most are Cynthia, BW2 Iris, Emerald May, Platinum Dawn, Platinum Lucas and Lyra. It'd be pretty funny to dress up as Wake too.

So, we can crop the list with:

1. Ekans family
  2. Nidoran family (probably will only be the last ones)
  3. Vileplume
  4. Venonat family
  5. Diglett family
  6. Poliwrath
  7. Bellsprout family
  8. Tentacool family
  9. Geodude family
  10. Ponyta family
  11. Farfetch'd (PLEASE)
  12. Doduo family
  13. Seel family
  14. Grimer family
  15. Krabby family
  16. Voltorb family
  17. Hitmonlee
  18. Hitmonchan
  19. Koffing family
  20. Goldeen family
  21. Mr. Mime
  22. Jynx
  23. Omanyte family
  24. Kabuto family
The most radical changes I see possibly on Koffing, Tentacool and Grimer. They're based on contamination and this region is all about the opposite.
Of this list, Farfetch'd is the only one I CRAVE TO SEE because it has been forgotten. Also, it may be that in Alola they weren't hunted so they developed differently.
Jynx is the other one I need to see something cool.

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
We've seen Alolan Raichu and non-Alolan Pikachu (ie, both are in the game). Doesn't this conflict with a lot of the speculation above?

*I assume that Alolan Riachu must evolve from an Alolan Pikachu, which obviously may be incorrect.

We've seen Alolan Raichu and non-Alolan Pikachu (ie, both are in the game). Doesn't this conflict with a lot of the speculation above?

*I assume that Alolan Riachu must evolve from an Alolan Pikachu, which obviously may be incorrect.
I think if a NFE Pokemon has been shown w/ an Alolan Form, the evolution must have an Alolan Form (fits all cases). If its a FE that's when it all goes wrong...Cubone was shown evolving into Marowak-A as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)